Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I took ADHD tablets for the first time a few days ago!

DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
They've started to wear off for the day (hence me chilling on the forums and making a random Discussion lol) but today has been SO WEIRD!

I've been taking them for the past few days, however I've had a weird couple of days, so I hadn't really felt the proper effect of them until today, and HEAVENLY POOPS IT'S BEEN STRANGE!

For 16 years, my brain has been loud and messy, and I thought that's what everyone's brains were like; I didn't know any different until today! My head was so quiet; it was a bit dull quite honestly (since it's the summer holidays for me, so I was just binging Skyrim for the day and had next to no external stimulation, which isn't usually an issue). For most of the day, I couldn't put my finger on what was "different" because I've never really felt like this before! A few hours ago, I managed to work out what was wrong, and I was gobsmacked at how THIS is how a normal brain must function!

To be completely honest, I don't like this feeling! It's strange, and it's almost boring; it's like being in a permanent state of mental clarity (which is something I only ever had glimpses of on rare occasions). I'm also not as energetic, which I can't complain about, since that's the tablet's job, but I sort of MISS my boundless energy!

I'm going to keep taking them for a bit and see if I can start to understand my new brain function, but it's strange to say the least! I don't believe that I've been missing out on this for 16 years; such a quiet brain is all new territory for me! xD I think I'll only take them for college anyway; I never realised how much I enjoyed my noisy brain until it went away, so I only want to take them if necessary! :P

Anyways, thanks for letting me ramble as usual about my life (maybe I should have wrote this post before my tablets wore off in retrospect)!

Comments

• IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    Lucky! If only I could find ADHD meds that didn't send me in to a panic attack. May I ask what you took?
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited July 2017
    Lucky! If only I could find ADHD meds that didn't send me in to a panic attack. May I ask what you took?
    @IgneousGelding Medikinet XL 20mg; they started me on 10mg, which I took for a couple of weeks, but it literally did NOTHING, so my doctor upped the dosage a few days ago! ;)
  • IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    @IgneousGelding Medikinet XL 20mg; they started me on 10mg, which I took for a couple of weeks, but it literally did NOTHING, so my doctor upped the dosage a few days ago! ;)

I've never heard of that one. Right now I'm trying (and disliking) Concerta, but prior I was on Adderall and a few hours after the initial dose I thought I was gonna die. But the first hour or so was absolutely amazing. :D Thank you for responding!
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif

I've never heard of that one. Right now I'm trying (and disliking) Concerta, but prior I was on Adderall and a few hours after the initial dose I thought I was gonna die. But the first hour or so was absolutely amazing. :D Thank you for responding!

@IgneousGelding I'm presuming your American, but Medikinet XL is the UK brand name for the same content as Ritalin and Concerta (but we also have Ritalin and Concerta, so I don't actually know if there's a US eqivalent for Medikinet lol). ;)
  • MadRadMandeeMadRadMandee Posts: 110 Member
    My son takes Concerta and it's the one that doesn't give him nightmares. I can tell he feels a lot better when he takes it. He also has autism so that may effect the outcome too. :) I hope the one you're taking helps you :)
    My son takes Concerta and it's the one that doesn't give him nightmares. I can tell he feels a lot better when he takes it. He also has autism so that may effect the outcome too. :) I hope the one you're taking helps you :)
    Ironically enough, even though it was definitely helping, I've stopped taking it until I start the next year of college in September. It's hard to explain, but I was getting bored of trying to navigate a tidy brain, especially since it's the summer holidays and a tidy brain is the LAST thing I need! xD I guess being a hyper mess is useful in the summer! :P

Anyways, it's cool that it's helping your son out! :)
  • HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    edited August 2017
    I've been prescribed Ritalin for a sleep disorder, and all I can say is that it makes me feel on the top of the world. It's incredible.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.

usually concerta is better to prevent panic attacks because it is long action. not entirely sure of how it works though
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
    I've been prescribed Ritalin for a sleep disorder, and all I can say is that it makes me feel on the top of the world. It's incredible.
    @HausOfSuper I always find it really weird that normally, stimulants like Ritalin are supposed to STIMULATE, but for me it makes me feel quite sleepy! xD I guess that's one of the side effects of them working in us ADHD peeps! :P
    edited August 2017
    @HausOfSuper I always find it really weird that normally, stimulants like Ritalin are supposed to STIMULATE, but for me it makes me feel quite sleepy! xD I guess that's one of the side effects of them working in us ADHD peeps! :P

Yess I heard it has a opposite effect on those with ADHD, I find it very curious.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I have ADHD, I was took off of the medication sometime in middle school. I still think to this day that ADHD might be the cause of some problems for me as a musician/performing.
    OO2UdmJ.png
    @BariSaxy I legitimately can't do any less than three things at once without losing the will to live, so that was always my problem when trying to learn instruments; I'd just get distracted by my own thoughts and then I'd be like "lol cba learn this, I'm going to go and *insert random leisure activity here* instead"! :P I have zero dedication in life unless it's something I genuinely have some sort of talent or 'head start' in, so the "hard work and dedication" of instruments just don't last with me (even though I was quite good at piano from the singular year I was playing it a while back)! xD

I'm aware that I sound like a proper lazy poop who never makes an effort in life, but that's because I AM a proper lazy poop who never makes an effort in life! Once I come of the age where I actually have to function in society as an adult, I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail abysmally because my brain doesn't function unless it find the activity "enjoyable" and "not difficult"!

And yes, babbling is another issue of mine, hence this long post (I'm sorry, I'm having a particulary messy day today)! Dx
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    They've started to wear off for the day (hence me chilling on the forums and making a random Discussion lol) but today has been SO WEIRD!

I've been taking them for the past few days, however I've had a weird couple of days, so I hadn't really felt the proper effect of them until today, and HEAVENLY POOPS IT'S BEEN STRANGE!

For 16 years, my brain has been loud and messy, and I thought that's what everyone's brains were like; I didn't know any different until today! My head was so quiet; it was a bit dull quite honestly (since it's the summer holidays for me, so I was just binging Skyrim for the day and had next to no external stimulation, which isn't usually an issue). For most of the day, I couldn't put my finger on what was "different" because I've never really felt like this before! A few hours ago, I managed to work out what was wrong, and I was gobsmacked at how THIS is how a normal brain must function!

To be completely honest, I don't like this feeling! It's strange, and it's almost boring; it's like being in a permanent state of mental clarity (which is something I only ever had glimpses of on rare occasions). I'm also not as energetic, which I can't complain about, since that's the tablet's job, but I sort of MISS my boundless energy!

I'm going to keep taking them for a bit and see if I can start to understand my new brain function, but it's strange to say the least! I don't believe that I've been missing out on this for 16 years; such a quiet brain is all new territory for me! xD I think I'll only take them for college anyway; I never realised how much I enjoyed my noisy brain until it went away, so I only want to take them if necessary! :P

Anyways, thanks for letting me ramble as usual about my life (maybe I should have wrote this post before my tablets wore off in retrospect)!

I agree. I think I took them when I was in regular school. They wore off by sixth period though :(
    Oh hamburgers!