Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is it ghost town????

My town is dead (Slight pun intended). It's full of ghosts! :s

I'm playing a legacy and I have the town set to age because it would be odd to have my sims age and all the townies stay the same age.... But now all I have is ghosts in the town because there's no story progression so the sims don't procreate and all I'm left with is freaking ghosts! It's terrible. Everywhere I go there's a freaking ghost. In the park there were 3 ghosts huddled around the pond fishing.

35518726180_4c60df05ff_o.png
35518726300_e8d560da0b_o.png

As if that wasn't enough I also have the grim reaper coming to community lots!!! He goes to the gym, the bar, the pool... Like seriously?! Why???

35518834060_8f02046dbc_o.png

35906698995_ecb279968d_o.png

This is so annoying and it really breaks my immersion from the game play. Is there a fix for this nonsense????
p6tqefj

Comments

• Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited July 2017
    MC Commander. The mod culls ghosts (among many, many other options). That's why I downloaded it. Maxis doesn't have a good answer for the ghost population, especially if you want to keep a dynamic, changing world around you.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Same. But I'd rather have an original working ghost town than a broken modded game :)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Same. But I'd rather have an original working ghost town than a broken modded game :)

My game's not broken ;)

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Mc command centre is your friend. It's one of the main reasons I use it.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I play aging off. I have no ghosts and no sims die. And because of that, I never have the grim reaper showing up on any lots. I hated that when he was everywhere, but now I never see him and I like it a lot better!
  • Options
    takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    I use MCCC and I can't even remember how I ever played without it. It allows story progression and makes your world so much more functional and interesting. And I've never had a problem with it clashing with updates. I 100% recommend it, even if it's the only mod you ever have.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    alexandrea wrote: »
    My town is dead (Slight pun intended). It's full of ghosts! :s

I'm playing a legacy and I have the town set to age because it would be odd to have my sims age and all the townies stay the same age.... But now all I have is ghosts in the town because there's no story progression so the sims don't procreate and all I'm left with is freaking ghosts! It's terrible. Everywhere I go there's a freaking ghost. In the park there were 3 ghosts huddled around the pond fishing.

35518726180_4c60df05ff_o.png
    35518726300_e8d560da0b_o.png

As if that wasn't enough I also have the grim reaper coming to community lots!!! He goes to the gym, the bar, the pool... Like seriously?! Why???

35518834060_8f02046dbc_o.png

35906698995_ecb279968d_o.png

This is so annoying and it really breaks my immersion from the game play. Is there a fix for this nonsense????

What a great idea to do with the town that came with the vampires.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited July 2017
    If you don't want the Grim Reaper showing up on random lots don't let your Sims talk or interact with him in any way. In saves where I don't have my sims talk or interact with him I never see him anywhere. In saves where they do talk and interact with him he starts showing up on other lots. I think interacting with him switches him over into a more regular mode where the game can pull him to be on a lots when the game needs background townies for the action rather then being an NPC type role that only appears when he's needed to do reaping.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member

My game's not broken ;)

yeah, just like the rest of the peoples' games who complain their games aren't working and big bad EA doesn't support some random person's random mod. :D
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options

My game's not broken ;)

yeah, just like the rest of the peoples' games who complain their games aren't working and big bad EA doesn't support some random person's random mod. :D

I don't think anyone expects a mod to be supported. How would that even be possible?!

Even in the Sims when you learn the Programming skill.... you can learn to mod games. The benefit? They're more fun.

• Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    If you don't want the Grim Reaper showing up on random lots don't let your Sims talk or interact with him in any way. In saves where I don't have my sims talk or interact with him I never see him anywhere. In saves where they do talk and interact with him he starts showing up on other lots. I think interacting with him switches him over into a more regular mode where the game can pull him to be on a lots when the game needs background townies for the action rather then being an NPC type role that only appears when he's needed to do reaping.

But the thing is that´s unavoidable if I have my sims plea for their loved ones... You know what I mean? I'll try it but, at this point it's too late. At least three of my sims in my legacy save have interacted with him.

As for everyone else I will try the MC mod. I have a few mods in my game already but they shouldn't conflict.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    AKLSimmerAKLSimmer Posts: 78 Member
    You can use manage world to marry other sims, and let them have kids, or rotate through the other households to make sure they all get married and have kids. I have MCC, but I feel like letting them randomly marry always result in some terrible genes. It is a mod that is worth to download though.
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I had the same problem for a long time. I was adding sims myself, trying to manage everything, but it's too much. Recently I found MCCC mod, no more problems with ghost towns. It solved many other annoying problems too.
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Story doesn't progress in the Sims 4. If you let everyone age, they will just get old and die. No kids, career promotion, marriage etc. MCCC manages to fix this, kinda.

It sucks because the Sims 3 dealt with Story progression pretty well.
  • Options
    kmarks0707kmarks0707 Posts: 37 Member
    > @SageRainWillow said:
    > MC Commander. The mod culls ghosts (among many, many other options). That's why I downloaded it. Maxis doesn't have a good answer for the ghost population, especially if you want to keep a dynamic, changing world around you.

All of this ^ I played about 2 generations mods free...then there was simply no one for my sims to date or meet....everyone was dead :D....and if they weren't yet they would be soon... I couldn't even go to the park as a family without some townie dropping dead right there...my sims were constantly grieving over freaking ppl they didn't know. It was like gee, I'll take little Timmy to the park....then bam...a townie falls out right in front of the chess table and everyone (especially little Timmy, spends there afternoon grieving...even though they never met this person :D ) thank the heavens above for MCCC
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    If you have RG use the wishing well and bring the sorry ghosts back to life and make them live again. I found a way to make the town more alive pick some npc couple them and have them make babies if they can, if they are elderly have them adopt from the adoption center.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    There's something wrong with your game, maybe manipulation. Each time you go to the bar event night for ghost three ghosts are there usually the same ones until the game culls them then three more once you go back on ghost night. However, if you aren't going to different community lots all the time, then the game has no reason to generate more townies (younger or whoever) the game generates townies when you go thru loading screens in TS4, so, maybe you stay home too much.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    I just delete them in manager and add new sims/families to houses, either ones I created myself but mostly from the gallery.