Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are there so many tiny shorts ?

13...Next

Comments

• SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Whenever I see short shorts for men, all I think of is this crazy photographer at my boyfriend's best friend's wedding. He'd squat on the floor to take pics, and there was NOTHING between me and the need for eye bleach.

to be fair, women are also capable of generating some unpleasant views in short shorts :D

That's very true. Most people wearing short shorts... shouldn't. Just look at our townies.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Whenever I see short shorts for men, all I think of is this crazy photographer at my boyfriend's best friend's wedding. He'd squat on the floor to take pics, and there was NOTHING between me and the need for eye bleach.

Lol I haven't seen them for guys
    21mbz47.jpg
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    @So_Money wrote: »
    Here in Canada I see teenage girls wearing them all the time. We're talking butt cheeks hanging out small. It's pretty crazy.

I didn't know Canada could be a warm region.

Are you serious?
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    Here in Canada I see teenage girls wearing them all the time. We're talking butt cheeks hanging out small. It's pretty crazy.

Are you serious?

To be fair, Canada have the most northern city in the globe so the rest of the world expects it to be as cold as it gets. Just like Brazil, people think it's all tropicalia here, but the south can be really harsh on winters, we even have snow. Being honest, I never expected to see that much heat in canadians summers until a (virtual) friend told me otherwise.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    I live in Singapore and boy let me tell you how popular it is. Almost every girl I see wears them. :expressionless:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited July 2017
    DeKay wrote: »
    I live in Singapore and boy let me tell you how popular it is. Almost every girl I see wears them. :expressionless:

I miss Singapore :( omg ! Yes! I went to Thailand and I wore skinny jeans... it was horrible! Well not really cause the mall wasn't as hot as the outside, but urg the humidity and the heat. And same goes for Singapore, specially after it rains. I lived in Singapore for three years and for some reason I was the girl that hated skirts and shorts, but now I would happily wear them lol
    21mbz47.jpg
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    For my sims that is, I think a lot of them are very cute.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    It's like you guys have never been to a mall before. All of the stores are packed with short shorts (e.g. Forever 21, Holister, Pacsun, American eagle, Am. outfitters, Urban Outfitters, etc). You can hardly find middle length shorts anywhere.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited July 2017
    Livinity wrote: »

Are you serious?

To be fair, Canada have the most northern city in the globe so the rest of the world expects it to be as cold as it gets.

That's true but no one lives up there. We're the second largest country by land mass in the world, but something 90% of our population lives within 100 kilometres of the US border. Many of the cities in Southern Ontario are substantially farther south than cities in the northern US.

• LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member

Are you serious?

To be fair, Canada have the most northern city in the globe so the rest of the world expects it to be as cold as it gets.

That's true but no one lives up there. We're the second largest country by land mass in the world, but something 90% of our population lives within 100 kilometres of the US border. Many of the cities in Southern Ontario are substantially farther south than cities in the northern US.

True, true. To be honest, I wouldn't live there either, no offense. I'm sure it's way better than Brazil, but I can't stand cold :s just hug that border.
  • kmarks0707kmarks0707 Posts: 37 Member
    > @Beanfoot said:
    > Tiny shorts are pretty popular here in Canada. I wear 'em, they're super comfortable when the summer heat becomes outrageous.

Yeah...I live in the Gulf Coast...Louisiana (freaking hot and 10000% humidity :p )....you can bet in the middle of July I'm rocking tiny shorts and so are my sims :D
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    " I see those shorts on mostly young women or teen girls or even tweenies in the summer. They are so not just 1968. All fashion comes back around. Bell bottoms came back in the 90s early 2000s. Right now there is a lot of Native American/aztec prints, cardigans, bell sleeves, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 skirts, palazzo pants and plaid shirts-- all recycled fashion."

--- I agree with this.
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Once saw a chick wear caramel tone tights, choked on my drink as I thought her rear was airing out.

I rarely wear stubbies (unless when I sleep sometimes) as I made the mistake of squatting once in front of relatives.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2017
    I've never really noticed the abundance of shorts in the game. I typically dress my Sims in tops and jeans. Rarely are they wearing shorts. Sometimes, the guys wear the longer Bermuda shorts. Never the short shorts. I had enough of that in the Seventies.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    short shorts are my favorite bottom for my female sims.
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited July 2017

Are you serious?

I live in Atlantic Canada. We usually get really snowy winters (but climate change has been messing with that a bit). I live in a province that no matter where you are, you're never super-far from the sea. The ocean affects the temperatures so we get milder winters and cooler summers. Still gets pretty hot and humid where I live though. July and August have days that are often 25-28 C and that's not including the humidex. The closer to get to the ocean the cooler it gets though. Our winters do not get as cold as Western/Northern/Central Canada. It's nearly always under 0 degrees C during the winter (but climate change is affecting this) We went down to -17 during this past winter one weekend, but it usually ranged from -5 to -15 degrees C.

People, usually teen girls and women, wear short shorts here in the summer. I don't, but that's because they just aren't my thing. It is difficult to find nice shorts that are mid-thigh or knee-length, even if you don't shop at stores like American Eagle, Aeropostale, Hollister, etc (I'm thinking of teens and younger adults here)
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    forgot to say: interesting that my sims look really hot in short shorts while trying to stay cool. ;)
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Not to derail, but the dog in your sig @Lyoufln looks exactly like my sweet Rufus. <3
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I do sometimes dress some of my sims in the short shorts and I don't think much about it. If I like an outfit on a sim, then I like it.

I have spent time in a few different places. Yes, shorts are really common in the US. I'll confess that I've had no hesitation busting them out on European beaches on a few occasions, but it was hot and I was at the beach. Lol. I know that the thing that shocked my eyes there was seeing elders in REALLY retro speedos. Didn't need to see that.

Right now, the trend that has hit the stores here is for "rompers" which seem like a reincarnation from the 1970s. They are these one-piece bodysuits with shorts and a tank top sewn together. I haven't paid attention to whether I've seen anyone actually wear them but they are a trend here now. That, and Hawaiian food as fast casual (a trend that I have partaken in) are the new local trends.

My friend was actually telling me how much she hates rompers and I said, "Who actually wears those?" Then I saw them all over a store. I also saw a lot of bright, loud floral prints like blazers covered in flowers. I don't think I've seen anyone actually wearing them but I immediately thought of the CL townie flower suits.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2017
    I do sometimes dress some of my sims in the short shorts and I don't think much about it. If I like an outfit on a sim, then I like it.

I have spent time in a few different places. Yes, shorts are really common in the US. I'll confess that I've had no hesitation busting them out on European beaches on a few occasions, but it was hot and I was at the beach. Lol. I know that the thing that shocked my eyes there was seeing elders in REALLY retro speedos. Didn't need to see that.

Right now, the trend that has hit the stores here is for "rompers" which seem like a reincarnation from the 1970s. They are these one-piece bodysuits with shorts and a tank top sewn together. I haven't paid attention to whether I've seen anyone actually wear them but they are a trend here now. That, and Hawaiian food as fast casual (a trend that I have partaken in) are the new local trends.

My friend was actually telling me how much she hates rompers and I said, "Who actually wears those?" Then I saw them all over a store. I also saw a lot of bright, loud floral prints like blazers covered in flowers. I don't think I've seen anyone actually wearing them but I immediately thought of the CL townie flower suits.

My thoughts since I'm old, been there done it, 1960's, 1970's 1980's etc. Young people may think all this 'fashion' is so innovative, new and cool, but I'm thinking, oh gawd,not again. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited July 2017
    @Pamtastic72 ok, I've gotta respond! The dog in the picture is Sandy, my family's cairn terrier. She was supposed to me my dog but then the dog attached herself to my mom. :D Rufus must be super cute! I love all doggies, but I squeal a little more when I see small, wiry-coat terriers. There's a special place in my heart for them. They are characters, that's for sure!

Here's a photo my mom sent me of Sandy. I just about cried when I got it because of the bows :D
    EzzWEVX.jpg
    For the rompers, yeah some folks wear them around here too, but I don't see a ton of them unless babies or toddlers are wearing them. The only people I see wearing them besides small children are young women that are students at the local university (mostly 18-22 year olds).
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited July 2017
    @Lyoufln I love the terriers too, so much personality, and Sandy is adorable! As for the shorts I see lots of younger girls wear them where I live, I've alway been too self conscious to participate but I use them on my sims when I'm playing summer. I use the fall & winter mods when it corresponds in RL and then dress all my sims accordingly.
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I randomize my sims outfits, so if a short short matches a top then ill go with it, but it isn't too often.
    Are there any rompers in the game? I feel like there isn't. I personally hate them! (In real life) I'm short with like, a long torso I guess? So I just look like I have a constant wedgie, not flattering.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It's like you guys have never been to a mall before. All of the stores are packed with short shorts (e.g. Forever 21, Holister, Pacsun, American eagle, Am. outfitters, Urban Outfitters, etc). You can hardly find middle length shorts anywhere.

We don't have any of those stores where I live...never heard of them in our malls. But yes, short shorts are a thing for YA's and teens and have been since the '60's I'm just tired of it all being brought back over and over again. lol There is nothing new under the sun.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.