Fresh off the press - the April 13 Laundry List! Click here to find out more!
April 16 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Welcome to all NEW SIMMERS joining us on the Sims forum! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.
Sul sul Simmers! It's awesim to see that so many of you are starting new and interesting discussions! But please make sure that you do so in the right forum section. Thank you! 🙂

♦️ [Collection thread] Build/Buy Mode 🔨

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited December 2018
    A modern glass version of the 6 seat round dining table from Laundry Stuff and Jungle Adventure:
    Sims-4-Laundry-Day-7.png

glass_dining_table19july.jpg
    affric-glass-dining-table.jpg
    019c1ef973d54d9f1194fc9bf49edddd.jpg
    80552-9041583.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 11,337 Member
    Modern windows

main_710.jpg
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    More tiles, arches, beautiful windows, lavish plants, vibrant colours: Moorish, Spanish, and Portuguese style.

PQACduc.jpg
    Fy6VC3E.jpg
    CxgXIbp.jpg
    buKzfxB.jpg
    j5oF0DT.jpg
    r7V48ip.jpg
    hI8d0pK.jpg
    0JjUWKo.jpg
    68Az9HN.jpg
    AuU5BYC.jpg
    F1hxuVI.jpg
    DSjo7NE.jpg
    KbKjYGU.jpg

I want a full new world inspired by this! <3
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
    Playground objects

childr10.jpg
    edited July 2019
    George V Luxury stuff

• SylvanasSylvanas Posts: 40 New Member
    I can't post links/images yet, but I'll add a suggestion: Divided/two side/two-d-one-f sinks. They could literally just reuse existing in-game assets and I would be in love. Just ctrl+c the drain, move it to the left, ctrl+v on the right, ctrl+c the sink's side, slap it in the middle, then cut down the length a tad it do it doesn't clip. They'd have to make an animation for the faucet moving to the side though.
    edited July 2019
    Like the Diaz house in Life Is Strange 2, it would be nice if there was a decorative closet door (half opened or closed) for small closet room.

white-10.jpg

edited January 2020
    Sliding curtain , Sometimes it would be nice to split temporarily a room without using a wall.

61qnty10.jpg
    rideau10.jpg

edited February 2020
    Mezzanine + indoor shutters

lits-m10.jpg

Bunk beds

lit-en10.jpg
    unname10.jpg
    lit-en11.jpg

Trundle bed

4199-510.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    This one is like a combination of a sofa + a lounge chair

ancona10.jpg
  • w_w_waiyiiiiii9813w_w_waiyiiiiii9813 Posts: 9 New Member
    > @LeGardePourpre said:
    > Since The Sims 2, I dream of Japanese sliding doors.
    >
    > (Image)

YESSSS we need that
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 1,688 Member
    edited March 2020
    Cynna wrote: »
    I would give my eye teeth for a nail spa! :smiley:

From the nail joint around the way:

GoH3H0j.jpg

To the most posh establishments:

82C2IHi.jpg

And everything in between:

Va8yjW6.jpg

If there's a TS5, I really hope that the developers make the leap to 3D toes. No more paddle feet, yay! :D

I'd prefer if the nail spa was very Luxe. I'd like a hair salon too. They had them in Sims 2. I'd also love to have Fingernail and toe nails be something in CAS that was not an accessory but something that we could pick length shape and color.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
    Swimming pool with stairs

90094110.jpg
  • BlondePhatBlondePhat Posts: 7 New Member
    Let's not forget glass walls & infinity pools!
  • Andyzhang2896Andyzhang2896 Posts: 49 Member
    When suggesting ideas for Build & Buy Mode, I usually consider how hard it is to make it happen. So when I ask for something, it usually possible to make, though sometimes The Sims Team didn't hear us. Some of the suggestion above is 'impossible' or took too much time to make it happen. For examples:

• In-ceiling drop-down TV: If this TV was put on floor 1, then there should be some space on floor 2. Of course, they can make the TV come out of that thin floor we usually see, but that's unrealistic.
    •Curved window & wall: Honestly, I really want these things. But I realize the reason why they didn't want to add a curved wall. Because if they add a curved wall, they also need to make it possible to put windows or people will start complaining "Why gave us a curved wall if we can't add window?", etc. Now, count how many windows object in Build Mode, 30? 50? or maybe more than 100?
    The Sims Team need to re-model all of the windows to the curved version, facing in and out. So if there are 100 windows objects in the game, they need to add 200 more windows. Sound impossible to happen now huh?

Some ideas I like so much. I always love to build in a contemporary style. Of course, I want a full-height, borderless window (2, 3, 4, and 5 tiles width), a taller full mirror (we have one now, but it's not seamless and all the way up to the ceiling when you choose medium and tall wall).
    I'm pretty sure you want to add some material to the ceiling too. What we have now is a plain, white, boring ceiling. Yeah I know we didn't see the ceiling when playing, but when taking photographs/screenshot from sims eye level, it will make a lot of difference.
  • w_w_waiyiiiiii9813w_w_waiyiiiiii9813 Posts: 9 New Member
    I just want to be able to connect rooms of different levels
    Hanging beds

5ad1b110.jpg

564e1310.jpg
    edited May 2020
    Garage counter and decorative objects

smartg10.jpg

Attic beams and stored things

items-10.jpg

Water heater (prank: turn it off for a cold shower)

heat-p10.png

Handyman wall

713dd610.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 3,451 Member
    I love LeGardePourhttps://forums.thesims.com/en_us/profile/LeGardePourpre idea it reminds me of the Sims 3 Island Paradosa
    edited June 2020
    All-in-one bunk bed (Asian dorm) : bed + dresser + desk + bookshelf

changh10.jpg
    Under the roof : beam and triangle windows

a-fram10.jpg
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 2,766 Member
    We seem to have quite a lot of the stuff posted in this thread. Regarding the triangle windows, don't know why they can't make glass walls. They gave us glass roofs, can't be too hard to make glass walls.
  • CalenlasCalenlas Posts: 4 New Member
    Recently I have gotten into ancient Asian architecture, and I would like to see more Asian styled furniture and roofing to go along with it.

Additionally, I know lots of people have asked for this before, but I think spiral staircases are a must.

I'd also like to be able to put stages and things like that inside a house. For instance, I have a castle where I wanted to elevate the thrones in the throne room to be a little higher than the surrounding room, but because it is "inside" I can't raise only that part of the floor up on foundation. Similarly, I wanted to design a church-like building, and I wanted to raise the front where the altar would be, but, again, I can't do so because it is "inside" the building. This is a huge architectural limitation. Another very simple example would be putting a stage inside of a theatre.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 713 Member
    edited June 2020
    @Calenlas I have built hanoks in the game before and you can get a similar roof look of structures like hanoks and pagodas by playing with the sphere on the roof tool that controls the curve of the roof. If you pull it inwards/downwards, the roof will suck in for that inverted slope look. And then the right roof texture can help to bring the look together.

I agree about the indoor foundations/stages.
  • CalenlasCalenlas Posts: 4 New Member
    @NationalPokedex , thank you so much!

On another note, I just realized we need more musical instruments like a Zither or various types of drums wind instruments, and so on that don't exist yet.