Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Living Natural Pack Ideas

BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
edited October 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
As a mostly off-the grid player, I would love to see a pack centered on "Natural Living," which could be a broad term for Eco-friendly gameplay as well as outdoorsy things to do. It could also include crafts and self-employment options. I've listed some of my ideas and will add items to the list, if folks respond to thread! :)

Some ideas I have:

*Rabbit Hole Camper/Trailer where sims can sleep and take care of hygiene and maybe have a snack -- we got Decor Campers so we sort of got this
*Hot Springs were sims can relax and increase hygiene
*Nudist Lot Trait (sims become pixelated when on a lot with this trait) -- We got a Clothing Optional Lot Trait so we got this!
*Off the Grid Lot Trait We got this! Woot! Woot!
*Bee Keeping We got this one with Seasons! Woot! Woot!
*Nectar Making
*Pottery Making
*Jewelry Making
*Canning and Pickling
*Organic Options when Cooking/Baking
*Outdoor Shower
*Hippie Trait for Sims -- can take a sponge bath in a sink, group hug interaction, can talk about free love
*Eco-Friendly Trait for Sims -- buying/cooking/baking organic, can only take brisk showers, can talk about green alternatives
*Nudist Trait for Sims -- this sim does not wear clothes and is always pixelated
*Freegan Trait for Sims -- vegetarian sim who does not get dirty when eating out of the trash, is happy around trashplants, makes money from trash
*Self-Employment Opportunities for the skills listed above as well as fishing and gardening
*Eco-Friendly World
*Bicycle that grinds peanut butter
*Bicycle Elevator

What are some ideas you would have for such a pack?

*Basket Weaving
*Stained Glass Making
*Pearl Diving
*Soup Making
*Soap Making
*Candle Making
*Flower Arranging We got this one with Seasons! Woot! Woot!
*Body Hair for men and women (Let ladies have hairy legs -- nothing too extreme, but more realistic for living natural)
*Water Plants with Tears you can do this when you sim is sad!
*Write a Songs for Plants on the Guitar
*Fish Market with Fishing Contests (Sims can come and sell their fish and compete against each other.Categories can include Contests for all ages)
*Glass blowing
*Marble sculpting
*Ice sculpting
*Nature walks where herbalists can learn more about herbs
*Be able to pick some and berries too for meals
*Quilt Making
*Carnivals or Festivals where sims can sell their wares in booths
*More ways to sell wares
*Children's activities like weaving pot holders, making bracelets or other crafts
*Summer Camp for Kids
*Sleeping Bags
*Weaving on a Loom to make blankets and rugs
Dooms Day Prepper Trait for Sims
*Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts
*A Still to Make Moonshine
*Bread Making
*Sewing Machine
*Seamstress Career
*Herbal Learning Skills for Children
*Farm Living
*Chicken Coops
*Pigs
*Alpacas
*Cows
*Wineries and Breweries
*Additional crops like corn, wheat, and pumpkins
*Corn and Wheat Mazes
*Witch/Sorcerer who can turn sims into farm animals
*Hydroponics
*Usable Wall Gardens
*Armpit Hair for Males and Females
*A Wider Variety of Tents
*A Stationary Bus to Live In
*Compost Toilets
*Water Bucket to Wash Up
*Army Bath
*Hanging Plants
*Root Cellar
*Raw Organic Meals
*Cots
*Hammocks
*Pallet Beds
*Straw for Beds
*more ways to cook over an open fire/caldron
*Up-cycled Items
*Homemade Toys
*backpacks for kids to store things
*walking stick for elders and adults
*Outdoor Activities/Toys for Kids like Swings, Tire Swings, Teeter Totter
*Platforms on Trees (we can build on)
*Solar Panels
*Baskets for Harvestables (Placed on a table or hanging from the ceiling)
*Archery (for all ages)
*Fairies and other Earth Creatures
*Meat Smoking House
*Syrup making with Special Trees
*Logging Career/Lumberjack
*Carpenter Career
*Little House on the Prairie World
* A camp ground where Sims can set up a tent, have a fire pit, stay as long as they like, have other Sims set up camp nearby (on the same lot).
* A farmer's market where Sims can sell produce, fish, crafts, etc and other Sims set up their stands nearby
* A community garden with the ability to evolve and tend community plants - claim a plot for yourself, etc.
* The ability to do more than "tend" the vending table (more salesperson interactions)
* large garbage dumpsters for dumpster diving
* All in One Bathroom that looks like an old fashioned outhouse
* Charity Clothes Bin
* Creative Staircases that look like and/or act like bookcases or dressers
* Interactive Camper
* Compact Furniture
* Rain Collecting/Rain Barrels
* Sinks and showers that don't use water or have running water. Maybe like using a bucket or a spicket?
* Alternative ways to get water -- well, dowsing rod. A pump of bucket to take a shower. Getting water from a bucket in the fishing pond and using that water for showers and the sink
* horses
* goats -- milk, dairy churning, possibly helping the garden
* alternative eggs like pigeon eggs
* worn out and broken items like doors, windows, walls and furniture
* gas mask/hazmat suit

33386600_2108341466092959_552495801159385088_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=88aec7e8e60bafaa2b77c8b425e4ef08&oe=5C313202

Post edited by Brennachan on

Comments

• HBSIMSTERHBSIMSTER Posts: 515 Member
    Basket Weaving & Stained Glass making... Would be cool...
    Maybe Pearl Diving ... I'm not sure if they have that yet!!
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member

My ideas so far...
    Soap making, candle making and flower arranging.
    Body hair for men and women. I'd like to let my ladies have some hairy legs. Nothing extreme, but it would help make it more realistic as far as living natural.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    edited July 2017
    HBSIMSTER wrote: »
    Basket Weaving & Stained Glass making... Would be cool...
    Maybe Pearl Diving ... I'm not sure if they have that yet!!

Great ideas @HBSIMSTER!
    Pallypoo wrote: »
    My ideas so far...
    Soap making, candle making and flower arranging.
    Body hair for men and women. I'd like to let my ladies have some hairy legs. Nothing extreme, but it would help make it more realistic as far as living natural.

@Pallypoo -- those are some fantastic ideas!
  • SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,317 Member

Play a Teen sim at Starter lot

Water Tomato plant with tears
    Write a sad song for the Tomato plant on the Guitar

[img][/img]water%20a%20Tomato%20plant%20with%20tears_zpsndgccxnu.png

[img][/img]Sad%20song%20for%20Tomato%20plant_zpsllwkdbml.png
    Zpj9msL.png
  • SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,317 Member
    Fish market with Fishing contests.

Sims can come and sell their fish and compete against each other.
    Categories can include Contests for children, teens, YAs, adults and elders.
    Zpj9msL.png
    Fish market with Fishing contests.

Sims can come and sell their fish and compete against each other.
    Categories can include Contests for children, teens, YAs, adults and elders.

Very unique ideas @Svineprutter!
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    I'd love to see sims sell off their produce to others who would actually come up and pick out their produce and pay for it instead of the ol'drag and click.

I love the wood working skill, however I'd like to see:

Glass blowing
    Marble sculpting
    Ice sculpting
    Clay sculpting/pot making

I want nature walks where herbalists can learn more about herbs. Maybe be able to pick some and berries too for meals.

I'd also like quilt making too!! Maybe be able to have carnivals (like festivals only better) where you can see tilt-a-whirls and other rides, be able to sell your wares, and be able to go to booths and see other sims works.
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    It would be nice to see the children involved too, maybe they can make those weaved pot holders or some sort of craft, kids at summer camp make bracelets and things like that... Boy scouts & Girl scouts type of activity for the children..maybe whittling wood for children.
    A farmers Market..
    Sleeping bag .. I like to see my Sim sleeping under the stars...
    Weaving- a Loom to make rugs and blankets on...
    Dooms day prep-er trait

That's all I can come up with for now, But I will be thinking...

Thanks,
    Diane Pinkus
    edited July 2017
    Bear31 wrote: »
    I'd love to see sims sell off their produce to others who would actually come up and pick out their produce and pay for it instead of the ol'drag and click.

Glass blowing
    Marble sculpting
    Ice sculpting

I want nature walks where herbalists can learn more about herbs. Maybe be able to pick some and berries too for meals.

I'd also like quilt making too!! Maybe be able to have carnivals (like festivals only better) where you can see tilt-a-whirls and other rides, be able to sell your wares, and be able to go to booths and see other sims works.

Great ideas @Bear31! For the vending table, you want something else then what came with City Living?
    How about a Still to make moon shine..Moonshine maybe different from Nectar making...Bread making - a sewing machine- Seamstress career..
  • ladyloialladyloial Posts: 537 Member
    I love all these idea's any or all would be awesome!
    aaagXEr5xv_zps9aeuclrp.jpg
    It would be nice to see the children involved too, maybe they can make those weaved pot holders or some sort of craft, kids at summer camp make bracelets and things like that... Boy scouts & Girl scouts type of activity for the children..maybe whittling wood for children.
    A farmers Market..
    Sleeping bag .. I like to see my Sim sleeping under the stars...
    Weaving- a Loom to make rugs and blankets on...
    Dooms day prep-er trait

That's all I can come up with for now, But I will be thinking...

Thanks,
    Diane Pinkus

These are great ideas @Pinkusfamily!
    How about a Still to make moon shine..Moonshine maybe different from Nectar making...Bread making - a sewing machine- Seamstress career..

@Pinkusfamily I like these ideas too!
    ladyloial wrote: »
    I love all these idea's any or all would be awesome!

@ladyloial -- I hear ya! I want them all!
  • szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    Would be nice if children could learn herbal skills, with adults who have experience in this area.
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I imagine Farm living

I actually have a storyline, and I would love my sim to own a winery and brewery. Start a vineyard and Orchard, (doing it now).

And then actual farming, mainly crops make corn/wheat mazes, and pumpkin patches would be cool, I would just like to keep chickens cows/bulls, pigs and alpaca as pets.

There's a dark story kind of like Hansel and Gretel I want where a Sorcerer turns anyone who trespasses on his farm into a farm animal.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Hydroponics with usable wall gardens, armpit hair for both male and female sims, more variety in tents even possibly a stationary bus to live in, compost toilets, water bucket to wash hands, face, brush teeth maybe an army bath sort of animation, hanging plants of all shapes and sizes, some kind of root cellar, raw organic meals, cots, hammocks, pallet beds, upcycled everything, homemade kids toys, more outdoor toys like swings, tire swing, teeter totter, pre-made platform on different trees that we can build onto, a solar shower, Baskets that our harvestables can sit in whether it be on the table or hanging from a ceiling. I will probably think of more but need to get back to editing my video lol.
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    Brennachan wrote: »
    Bear31 wrote: »

Glass blowing
    Marble sculpting
    Ice sculpting

Great ideas @Bear31! For the vending table, you want something else then what came with City Living?

Yeah!! Like in exihibitions where people sell their homemade/home grown stuff
    Archery including it for Children & teens.. I like both @MeaganJo and @MasonGamer 's Ideas.. I was thinking about Witches and Faeries being included in this because they Both use herbs and are kind of earth creatures. I also love the idea of arm pit hair for women ..I would also like to see the washing up in front of the sink feature/ animation..I really like the "tree platform " idea that we could build upon ( Tree house )...How about a meat smoking house, and having certain trees to get syrup from- to make maple syrup...How about a logging Career, like a Lumber jack,or um maybe Carpenter career ...Maybe also a neighborhood kind of like "The Little House on the Prairie " era.. With even Laura Ingalls Family as Sims...

I keep thinking
    But I don't want to get off track..
    I will check back tomorrow..
    Thanks again for asking us for our input !

Diane Pinkus
  • BlueJeans04989BlueJeans04989 Posts: 84 Member
    I love all these ideas!

I would like to see more interactive community lots.

* A camp ground where Sims can set up a tent, have a fire pit, stay as long as they like, have other Sims set up camp nearby (on the same lot).
    * A farmer's market where Sims can sell produce, fish, crafts, etc and other Sims set up their stands nearby
    * A community garden with the ability to evolve and tend community plants - claim a plot for yourself, etc.
    * The ability to do more than "tend" your table (City Living). Sims tending a table and having a sale should be able to entice passersby to buy wares, chat up potential customers, expound on their products, etc. Be salespeople!
    * A lot of the previous Sims stuff would work well here: sewing machines, pottery wheel, flower arranging, beekeeping, etc.
    szMermaid wrote: »
    Would be nice if children could learn herbal skills, with adults who have experience in this area.

@szMermaid -- that would be fun in game!
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I imagine Farm living

I actually have a storyline, and I would love my sim to own a winery and brewery. Start a vineyard and Orchard, (doing it now).

And then actual farming, mainly crops make corn/wheat mazes, and pumpkin patches would be cool, I would just like to keep chickens cows/bulls, pigs and alpaca as pets.

There's a dark story kind of like Hansel and Gretel I want where a Sorcerer turns anyone who trespasses on his farm into a farm animal.

I love the farming ideas and can't believe I forgot to add them myself!

Your take on having some supernatural thrown in in very interesting! I hadn't thought of that!
    edited July 2017
    MeaganJo wrote: »
    Hydroponics with usable wall gardens, armpit hair for both male and female sims, more variety in tents even possibly a stationary bus to live in, compost toilets, water bucket to wash hands, face, brush teeth maybe an army bath sort of animation, hanging plants of all shapes and sizes, some kind of root cellar, raw organic meals, cots, hammocks, pallet beds, upcycled everything, homemade kids toys, more outdoor toys like swings, tire swing, teeter totter, pre-made platform on different trees that we can build onto, a solar shower, Baskets that our harvestables can sit in whether it be on the table or hanging from a ceiling. I will probably think of more but need to get back to editing my video lol.

@MeaganJo -- awesome ideas! I really want them all!