The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Debug Showcase: reanseih

Comments

• reanseihreanseih Posts: 265 Member
    edited September 2017
    Just gonna drop this here...

Sand Castle
    Bed 5 Bath 2 Half 2
    MA7jV5L.png
    0rggUAR.png
    vQVWPl4.png
    aBqzQ5L.png

It's actually been 99.9% done for ages, and yet I only just finally got around to uploading. Default screenshots suck, I just realized.

Anyone else dying from studies btw?
    青天白日滿地紅 Blue Sky, White Sun, and a Wholly Red Earth
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    @reanseih you always do really well with architecture. Great job!

One of the secrets of having better covershots is that when you first start to build and you get your structure down, pretend to upload it to your library and check to see what the covershot is going to look like to start off with before you do any landscaping. Then it's easier to move the house to improve the covershot before doing landscaping, since landscaping can't be moved so easily.

You are not a failure that's for sure, nor is your work. You're very talented and once you're able to showcase your work well, I'm sure you're going to start to see a lot of success. I'm definitely a fan.
    Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    The exterior design and layout of Sandcastle looks very great! :) The water fountains are a nice touch in the front area. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! It is a great that there is a 2 car garage. The outdoors living,pool and bar patio is very nice. Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool, and having a drink from whilst sitting on the stools.
    I am sorry that your school studies are overwhelming you :( I hope that they become a little bit less pressuring for you very soon.
    @fidlerten thank you, it's really encouraging to hear you say that, especially with how much I struggled over the exteriors for once on this build.

Yea, checking the cover photo before everything else sounds like a good idea, prolly gonna take some habit training though lol. I'll try that next time.
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
    @rosemow thanks. I did think it was a bit weird to have such a generous and wasteful use of water in the middle of desert but... ended up summing it up to, it's a large house, they have greenery, they must be rich, so water isn't a problem lol!

Got quite an important exam coming up next month... oh god. I'm so dead. Dx It's free time after that but only if I survive... orz
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    It's a habit that you can get used to. I check mine quite a bit throughout the process of the exterior work because I can see how things are looking as far as the landscaping, windows, doors and lights at night, etc. If you want your lot to get noticed in the Gallery, the covershot is a very important factor.

I have taken a break from building right now as I've gotten caught up with Mass Effect 3, which is one of EA's Access games through Origin. I'm sure they love me talking about it as it's good P.R. for them. LOL!!! I'll eventually get bored of it and I'll be back building but right now I'm enjoying missions in space.
    Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png
    edited October 2017
    For gift exchange @LadyEmillye. Also in celebration of National Day of my country.

Double Tenth
    Bed 4 + 1 Bath 2 Half 1
    Ede6IOE.png
    YJdfVpf.png
    dUDIXob.png
    Ztxf1lz.png
    Post edited by reanseih on
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
    Double Tenth is a very nice home! @reanseih :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The yellow flower box windows look sunny and pretty. The hedging fencing looks very nice on the edges of the home, and the trellis covered front gate looks very nice! The tall trees look stately either sides of the entrance. The wishing well is a nice touch in the build. Very nice layout of the interior of the home! The cherry blossom tree is pretty in the backyard! The string of lantern lights looks very nice. It is nice that there is a tent in the backyard for sims to go camping outdoors. They will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating meals at the picnic table in the outdoors air. Nice gardening nook for sims to enjoy growing plants in the gardening boxes.
    It is a very special gift :)
    edited October 2017
    Welp, here's the other build I was working on.

Eleventh Hour Token
    Bed 5 Bath 2 Half 1
    TtbIFmU.png
    MAWWyz9.png
    k3Rhgof.png
    k7Mjj3K.png
    5BvbRpK.png
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
    The exterior design of Eleventh Hour Token looks very nice! :) The design of the roofed two storey front porch and upper balcony looks very great ! The stone fencing gives a very nice look to the home. Very nice outdoors bar area, for sims to enjoy sitting at the umbrella covered table having a drink from the bar in the outdoors air. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The floor rugs in the bedroom, living and dining room areas adds nice touches to the areas. The alternating coloured dining seats look nice. The basement level looks nice . Nice nook area there for sims to enjoy sitting chatting on the seating. The greenery looks very nice on the wall.
    It is a very nice home! :)
    @rosemow thanks. I just realized I misplaced a rug tho lmao, it's sticking out the wall and I never noticed. xD;; Oh well.
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
    I don't want to furnish this... orz

But that's nothing new.
    2dmQTj7.png
    SfFmuEY.png
    rl9q9j0.png

The only reason it's in Forgotten Hollow is cause the other option was Newcrest.
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    edited October 2017
    Hey! I figured I should drop by and comment. :) Your architecture is really spot on, I love it. I don't understand how people get to this level of detail and realism. Most of the time when I build a house, it starts out as just a big box, possibly T-shaped if I'm trying a little harder. XD Yours look so real and grand! I like that you even put in a fake garage in some of them.

You don't seem to like furnishing the house afterwards, but you manage to do it quite nicely, from what I can see in the floor plans. Every room is nicely filled without looking too crowded or difficult to navigate.

Well, I didn't give much specifics this time, did I? But I'll definitely follow this thread and your gallery. I'm off to do that!
    Post edited by SerraNolwen on
    The exterior design of your latest WIP looks very nice! :) Very nice roofing! I hope that your continued work on it goes well
    edited October 2017
    @SerraNolwen thank you~ It’s tough to balance out a interesting but realistic layout honestly. I find that I often catch myself falling into the weird or generic sides of the scale and had to drag myself back lol. Generally I do try to build what I myself wouldn’t mind living or at least navigating around in.

Architecture is just a matter of pushing and pulling really. I always just randomly try stuff and see what ends up working... or doesn’t. Sometimes inspiration just escape you. =w= Some ppl seem to find reference images a good place to start tho, perhaps that may be worth a try. :)

@rosemow thank you as usual lol. Well, it’s one more on the bucket list...
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
    Well, I can't blame you for that. Most real homes that have people living in it are pretty boring. XD I mean, there aren't that many people who take care to arrange their house in a personal way. Some just default to the safe choices, and others just don't actually decorate. So yep, realistic and interesting isn't always easy.

I do like working with pictures for inspiration when I get started, but in the end, very often, I either have a very specific idea about what I want to do which I get angry not managing to make (like when I try to use wall trims but they won't go on the walls of the part of the house that has a single floor) or I try and go with the flow and just... don't see it. So it becomes a cube. ^_^' Oh well, I'll get better with practice and through checking out what other people do. :)
    @SerraNolwen oh you can actually add floor trims to single story homes, or any top floor really, there's a trick to it. You need to add a um~ you know those floor / deck pieces? Use those to make a fake / blank second floor with no walls or ceiling. That way you can add the floor trim to second floor, while it looks like there's only one floor. Roofing will still go on just as usual too. Wall trims are different though, those need a taller wall height, so generally floor trims work way better.

It's generally a good habit to add a blank floor even if you don't want a floor trim. If you ever peek up from below, you'll see that the roof is actually hollow, and well, that doesn't look good or real. To counter that, you add a floor, which will look as if it's the ceiling. The only times you wouldn't do so is if you actually want to see the roof. Erm~ I don't know the term for it, but you know, those extra high no ceiling rooms, where you can directly see the ^ shape. Another trick I like to use as well is delete that floor / ceiling, and use fencing to create beams.

A lot of times I find that when something doesn't work, you just have to step back and try it a different way. There's often loopholes and backdoors in the game you can use to get the effect you want.
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
    I need a name~~~

orz Maybe I should build for a name instead of trying to find a name for a build next time.
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
    reanseih wrote: »
    I need a name~~~

orz Maybe I should build for a name instead of trying to find a name for a build next time.

Hello
    Perhaps you could base the name on a colour used in the build, or on the location world where you think it would be best located?
    Thanks for the advice! I'm quite sure I've seen people add a tiny trim right under a gabled roof, but maybe I remembered wrong. I'll definitely keep that trick in mind. Also, doesn't the game automatically add a ceiling? With all the pictures I've taken, I don't think I've ever seen the inside of a roof... I'll probably try it at some point, though. As for the name, I don't know in English, but in French we basically call it a cathedral ceiling. At least that's what my parents called it. We had one in our living and dining room. It made for some amazing acoustics when I sang or played the piano. And I so wish I had thought about this idea for beams! It would have been perfect for the seven dwarves' home. Maybe I'll go ahead and just update the lot a little. Hopefully it won't break anything else.

Also, what do you need a name for?
    edited October 2017
    @SerraNolwen yes, you're actually right. The roof trim can also be applied to the bottom of a gabled roof other than just on the eaves. But I do believe that only works on gabled roofs, I usually prefer to use floor trims both for consistency and easier to manipulate.

The game does automatically add ceilings... to rooms. If you peek from under a veranda roof, or turn walls completely down, you'll see that it actually doesn't have a floor. It's hard to get the camera angle right though, so usually one won't notice. But well... even if nobody else notices, I know it's there and it bugs me lol. Other than that, if you are building attics it helps a lot to know what is going on with your roofs. Try peeking through attic windows next time, you'll see why roofs are a pain.

As for what I'm trying to name, I'll send you a pic in a sec.
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
    edited November 2017
    Three new "builds".

Southern Cottage collaboration with @SerraNolwen
    tyW6UMA.png
    39DIXYv.png
    rzuDLDB.png
    This one is an empty shell, look forward to part 2 from @SerraNolwen. ;)
    It's a veranda, not a porch!

Southern Greenhouse
    Axed greenhouse from Southern Cottage. I accidentally used one too many packs... orz Not to mention one too many typos, had to reupload twice.

Midcentury Oasis
    Bed 4 Bath 2 Half 1
    firdHEG.png
    If you haven't noticed yet, I gave up naming orz. Took random suggestions made to me.

Pics will be up later. By later I mean, a LOT later. xD;; It's all up now.
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
    It is great that you are doing a collaboration with SerraNolwen :) The exterior design of Southern Cottage looks very nice! The roofing and wraparound porches look very nice in the build. Very nice outdoors areas!
    The design of Southern Greenhouse is very nice! The flower wheelbarrow and hanging baskets are nice touches there. Sims will enjoy growing plants in the gardening boxes.
    Very nice modern exterior design of Midcentury Oasis! :) The layout of the build both the interior and exteior looks very nice!
    edited November 2017
    Part 2 of the collab project with @SerraNolwen is out on her thread!

Southern Cottage (pt. 2)
    Bed 3 Bath 2 Half 1

Letter A
    Bed 1 Bath 1 Half 1
    Yr95tQN.png
    B20ASdp.png
    hXPySG8.png
    bsgKtHa.png
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase