Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think they'll give us Werewolves?

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    When people say "I want my Sims game to be realistic, none of this fantasy stuff" I wonder why they're playing video games at all.

Those are the kind of people who voted for Laundry Day. Because laundry is realistic
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    When people say "I want my Sims game to be realistic, none of this fantasy stuff" I wonder why they're playing video games at all.

Those are the kind of people who voted for Laundry Day. Because laundry is realistic

Even Vlad needs a clean night suit for stalking.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

In fairness, making video games is like making sandwiches. You need to try and suit everyone's proclivities. The benefit that the sandwich shop owner reaps is that making that sandwich is a matter of a few cents. It is, therefore, easy to accommodate people that want pastrami, or roast beef, or hard salami. With that overhead you can make a custom sandwich for each person.

AAA video games have budgets of 10's and 100's of dollars, and so customizing the product isn't possible. So, they've got to try and appeal to people like you and me who want more fantastical elements at the same time as accommodating others that want to do laundry and work the day shift.

I think the devs to a pretty good job, all things considered.
  • peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    > @Loanet said:
    > When people say "I want my Sims game to be realistic, none of this fantasy stuff" I wonder why they're playing video games at all.
    >
    > Those are the kind of people who voted for Laundry Day. Because laundry is realistic

In my opinion I don't feel that Laundry deserved it's own pack, but I guess some people are really that in to it. I personally think it would have been better as a feature in an expansion, but that could just be me.
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
    If you like occult's, buy Vampires. If you like everyday, buy Laundry Day. Something for everyone.
  • HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If you like occult's, buy Vampires. If you like everyday, buy Laundry Day. Something for everyone.

Too bad sims 4 favors everyday life packs over supernatural things.
    That's why sims 3 is bae and sims 4 side chick.

tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif

I think after Seasons and Education packs, they're start giving us more of the packs we've been requesting like magic, werewolves, farming, hobbies, etc.
  • peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    Vampires in The Sims 4 do appear to be better than TS3 vampires at least, though I have to wait until June, my birthday, to get it and finally play it. Regardless, witches will always be better in my opinion.

My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
  • vampirecatpersonvampirecatperson Posts: 1 New Member
    i hope to see proper werewolves if they get added at all. in sims 2 you could attack sims and make them werewolves that should be brought back.
  • Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    Eh, I hate the supernaturals tbh. But for those that do like them I hope you get them!
  • Mr_MimeMr_Mime Posts: 4 New Member
    So now that we finally have almost every supernatural life state one could want, do you guys think it's likely we'll get werewolves at some point? Honestly, I feel like that's the ONLY thing missing now from my Sims. Discover University sounds wack.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,124 Member
    Probably in September 2020.
  • barracuda1574barracuda1574 Posts: 115 Member
    I don't think so. I don't think we will ever get zombies either, which I would personally rather have than mermaids.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This post is two and half years old. I guess the answer was no.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • kellyjmkellyjm Posts: 10 New Member
    > @5782341b77vl said:
    > I'm not talking about the big "puppies" from Sims3 but beasts from historical folk lore type of Werewolves! What self-respecting Werewolf would play fetch, let you rub their belly, or smack them on the nose with a rolled up newspaper?
    >
    > Also, Sims that get attacked by a werewolf should include scratches - nothing gory since it's TEEN rated - just scratch lines. Maybe red to simulate open wounds (not bleeding, just an open wound).
    >
    > I think the problem with Sims3 werewolves was that they were trying to give us several lifestates at once instead of focusing on one at a time. Compare the Sims3 vampires to Sims4 vampires and you kinda see what I mean. Sims4 vampires have their own pack and better than Sims3 - changing to dark forms, strengths and weaknesses, NO SPRINKLES, (please don't make me go further). I genuinely feel that it's because they focused on ONE type of lifestate instead of trying to do several at one time.
    >
    > So what you think? Is there going to be Werewolves Game Pack SOMEWHERE along the line?

I hope so. They should release a pack for just werewolves so that people who DONT want supernaturals can have a game without them and people who DO can enjoy them. I have to say, the sims 4 didn't do the best job with witches (sims 2 did it better) and they were focused on just that life-state in the realm of magic pack. I was pretty disappointed with them after playing vampires that blew me away. I also really miss zombies. Where art thou zombie EA?
    > @gummybear0724 said:
    > I hope not. Supernaturals just make the game feel fake and just blah. Its why I don't play with aliens or haven't bought the vamps pack. They add nothing, and seem blah to me.

I couldn't disagree more. Supernatural states are part of the sims series from the very beginning and should remain there. They are the main stories I enjoy playing. If EA releases them in separate packs like vampires, then realistic players like you can opt out. Plus, in the sims 4 algorithm you BARELY see supernaturals if you don't opt to play one yourself. That's pretty perfect IMO. I hope they give us Zombies! I love playing zombie apocalypse!
    > @Rukola_Schaaf said:
    > i prefer zombies, like in TS2 :trollface:
    >
    > & most importantly
    >
    > AN OPTION TO DISABLE ALL SUPERNATURALS starting with Aliens & Vampires !
    > then i might be more inclined to buy that Vampire GP
    > i am surely not against supernatural stuff, i just don't want to be forced to play that way in every game i start
    > i have supernatural sims games & then totally all average everyday humans sims games & for that i need OPTIONS to disable that
    >
    > they added no culling options, so it is doable !!!

YES, I NEED ZOMBIES!!! They won't be able to disable supernaturals for the sims 4. Modders wont even do it because its too integrated in the gameplay and its difficult to separate the code. But i think this is a great idea for the sims 5!
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yes, werewolves do seem to be vampire pets. :D

In the sims 3 you can have your vampire sim play fetch with your werewolf LOL. I usually would have in my family's BIO that the werewolf was the Day Guard for my Vampire
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    edited January 2020
    Nooo, we already have enough with the ROM/Vamp. packs and this thread is three years old! If they were going to put it in the game, they would have done it by now. Surprised this old topic even popped up in my feed.
    Lol, I guess it's almost time to consider what is wanted for a Sims 5, instead.
    Post edited by MsKatieRose on
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Just here to support zombie lovers🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
    Though I'm super excited for wearwolves I'm 90% sure we are going to get them. But I'm a little worried about zombies because they are not popular so I try to support them and voice my desperation for zombies lol 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    I hope they do, I mean we have vampires, aliens, mermaids and plant sims, so why not werewolves? Or other supernatural creatures? Maybe for Halloween they'll release something, but I've been saying that the last three Halloweens and nothing has happened :(
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I hope not, cause if they did I'd have to buy it for CAS and BB and would end up with werewolves around the hood.
  • gueinagueina Posts: 281 Member
    I hope not, cause if they did I'd have to buy it for CAS and BB and would end up with werewolves around the hood.

if you dont like occults then don't buy occult packs. it is as simple as that.

the amount of people on these forums who complain about having to buy packs they don't like... seriously if you guys have that much money to throw away, then can you please just donate that money to the countless number of people on social media who post their cashapp/venmos/etc asking for help to buy groceries or pay medical bills.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I believe the statues from the Vampire Pack were hints to the kind of supernaturals we'll be getting. There was a statue of a witch/spellcaster which we got, a statue of a werewolf, and a statue of a fairy
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    They probably will. The question is how fleshed out will they be? Like vampires or Servos from DU?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top