Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Launcher stuck in loop after a "successful" download

I am really hoping this is not indicative of corrupt content because I am half way through re-installing my 6 GB of store content into smaller .ebc files and it is quite time consuming. So here's what's happening:

I have all my store files organized and saved on my computer. I have my preferred files to avoid duplication copied in an "install these" folder. I have been copying small chunks of content into the download folder and installing them incrementally. After each install, I check the size of the .ebc and move it out of the dccache folder into a temp folder when it gets close to 2 MB. It was going well until about the 5th .ebc file.

Generally the install is a bit slow to disengage after the pop up window says successful and done. I have to wait maybe up to 15-20 seconds sometimes while the launcher is greyed out and I can't click anything. But now it is getting stuck about 50% of the time and even after several minutes it is unresponsive. I have to close the launcher from my task bar and re-launch. Before I go through the gamut of (1) reinstall origin, (2) repair game, (3) start over on the downloads I am hoping someone else has had this happen and knows exactly what is going on.

1.69 version of the game on Origin
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
1TB HDD with 594 GB free
Mods: Overwatch, ErrorTrap, MC + cheats & integration, once read + tablet, register, relativity, traveler, relationship panel
CC: none

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2017
    I hope you mean that the ebc files are allowed to grow to 200 MB, not 2 MB. Some of mine are actually larger than that, if we install a very large sims3pack on top of an almost but not yet "full" ebc file, sometimes the Launcher will decide to let it grow larger but that will be the last file it accepts before automatically creating another one. But I understand many have had success with the more manual size management method.

On the Launcher getting stuck, sometimes mine will take as long as five minutes to disengage from whatever cleanup task it's trying to do, possibly sometimes even longer. For me the 15-20 seconds would be a best case scenario only. I just let it do what it wants. Sometimes I walk away when it's taking too long, other times I surf the web or something and come back to it later. Obviously an hour or something like that would be far too long, but you might be giving up on it a bit too soon?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Yes, 200, sorry I was typing fast.

I have never felt the need to do this manual process before, either, but suddenly I had a large quantity of items uninstalled from my game so I decided to give it a try. It's frustrating to do a castaway challenge and no longer have the full tiki set installed. ;) I will try more patience.

BTW, does anyone have a good stone oven to recommend? Using the fire pit doesn't allow me to improve cooking. Not the pile of stones that works as a stove top someone created, but something like a pioneer brick oven like you would see built into the side of a fireplace with a metal door (salvaged and re-purposed from some machine casing from the wreck I imagine) and a grill on top. I've tried recoloring the stoves in-game, but the heating elements and knobs kinda spoil the effect. I've never used/trusted CC before, but I am willing to try it now.