Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruKimmie Wants Our “Car Gameplay” Feedback!!!

Comments

• JoapJoap Posts: 1 New Member
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE CARS IN THE SIMS 4. But I also want animations.
  • UglierPlacebo69UglierPlacebo69 Posts: 54 Member
    How exciting! Thanks for sharing!
  • Serenity1991Serenity1991 Posts: 38 Member
    I can't remember if I've posted in this, but please add cars, it would be amazing . .
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited July 2017
    Unknown wrote:
    - click on car choose destination
    - car drives off screen with you in it
    - location loads and you drive on screen into a carpark lot or even just onto the curb
    - you get out
    - to go home rinse and repeat.

[img]https://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.net/static/images/memes/4360165.jpg[/img]

I also think towny sims should also park their cars when visiting a lot.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited July 2017
    @SimGuruKimmi If you may, please consider taking time to browse through the ideas section of the forum for car ideas, via search engine, instead of asking: you would find a lot, and I mean a lot of ideas how we want them to be implanted :) Nothing personal, but I really don't see the point of asking when there are ton of ideas floating around the forums in graveyar--- err I mean in abyss-, err I mean in 'Feedback' & 'Ideas' section.

She simply responded to someone's tweet about cars being in Sims 4 by asking, out of her own personal curiosity, how that person would like to see something like cars implemented into gameplay (which she has clarified on Twitter and in the forums here). That was the point. People ran with that and mistakenly took it as the devs requesting car feedback from the community as if there was some intention to add cars in the future.
  • Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    @JimG72 I sorta knew they wouldn't be asking because they were going to add it. I feel like one day they will, but I knew it wasn't something they will add soon. With that saying I'd literally be ok with what people are complaining about "Sims poofing into cars just to drive off and vice versa". It's all about the looks and if the gurus would get the animations in it would be better.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited July 2017
    Dayvon64 wrote: »
    @JimG72 I sorta knew they wouldn't be asking because they were going to add it. I feel like one day they will, but I knew it wasn't something they will add soon. With that saying I'd literally be ok with what people are complaining about "Sims poofing into cars just to drive off and vice versa". It's all about the looks and if the gurus would get the animations in it would be better.

Even them poofing in to a car would be better/more realistic than them walking out their door and poofing in to thin air. That used to be a reward trait you got eventually now its standard travel hahahahaha Oh wait, that is until my vampire needs to go home and decides to run across THE WHOLE LOT IN THE SUN to get home. THATS when they stop with the magic poofing.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Pallies656602Pallies656602 Posts: 24 Member
    > @Quaay said:
    > DivieOwl wrote: »
    >
    > allisonchurch wrote: »
    >
    > this is probably an unpopular opinion, but i really don't want cars.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Same. What's the point? Unless my Sims can get in and for real drive across town, I'd rather they focus their creative energy on beneficial gameplay.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Agreed.

Since we do not have open worlds, i do not see the need for cars either. I Rather have EA spent time on other things that the comunity asks for.
  • Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    > @Quaay said:
    > DivieOwl wrote: »
    >
    > allisonchurch wrote: »
    >
    > this is probably an unpopular opinion, but i really don't want cars.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Same. What's the point? Unless my Sims can get in and for real drive across town, I'd rather they focus their creative energy on beneficial gameplay.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Agreed.

Since we do not have open worlds, i do not see the need for cars either. I Rather have EA spent time on other things that the comunity asks for.

I don't get the difference. A lot of people do not care for open worlds yet still want this, but since you don't see a need for them you think it should be ignored for things you agree on?
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Cars would be fun to have..provided Sims don't teleport into them only to teleport off the lot.
    That would be pointless. I could see vehicles coming in handy when you are ready to leave a community lot.
    Some of the walks home are excruciatingly long especially considering half the time the Sim has to pee.
  • NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    edited July 2017
    I will be happy enough if they add cars like it was in the sims 2.
    Post edited by NeverSeemsToEnd on
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • Cashaboo81Cashaboo81 Posts: 2 New Member
    I would love for them to take stuff from Sims 1 and Sims 2 and Sims 3 and put it in Sims 4 I really like when they had season and college. They need to make when your Sims can't go on vacation
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    While I wish they would have included cars in the first place, it isn't an essential feature ... just one to make our Sims' lives more like ours. I loved cars in TS3, but that was because of the Color/Pattern creator. To tell the truth I prefer the being able to make anything any color or pattern over having cars, but it does bog down the game. And I would also rather have Pets and Season over cars any day! <3
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • retr0retr0 Posts: 3 New Member
    I hope the car is look good and have many inyeraction like racing skill or what then interaction with another sims....or even customize in mod shop..... Wow its sound FANTASTIC!!!!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    vivica86 wrote: »
    I really loved cars in Sims 3 but I don't really see the point having them in 4 without an open world. I don't really want to watch my sim get in a car, drive for however long then cut to loading screen. It would just make travelling even longer :/
    I would. It's the Sims 2 situation and for me a sim actually leaving the place, driving off, is more important than 'winning' a few seconds with nothing. Besides, my sims in 4 are sometimes walking or running to a certain spot before they disappear as well. Car would be faster.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Given context, I wouldn't get too excited. This was a discussion started by two other users, then came this reply. It can almost sound like the Guru is "challenging" them to come up with a way to make cars work in a world where they cannot, as if trying to make a point that they simply can't happen.

Having said that, I mean she could absolutely be testing the waters to see what people find acceptable and what people don't. For example if people made it clear they don't mind having cars that just sit in the driveway, don't actually drive but can do other stuff (car woohoo, auto restoration and customization), then maybe she'd bring that up with the team since it's a popular idea they're fully capable of doing. If people simply answered though that they want Sims 4 to suddenly turn open world and have cars that drive around, I bet the idea was simply tossed in the fire.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Cashaboo81Cashaboo81 Posts: 2 New Member
    Cars on the Sims That would be nice but I think they should put cars that you can work on so your sims can earn a mechanical skill
  • Gabrielm931Gabrielm931 Posts: 1 New Member
    I hope that the car have the interaction of open and close the door, like The Sims 2. And I hope we have garages, and have a animation of leave and enter in the garage, like Sims 2 too.
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    vivica86 wrote: »
    I really loved cars in Sims 3 but I don't really see the point having them in 4 without an open world. I don't really want to watch my sim get in a car, drive for however long then cut to loading screen. It would just make travelling even longer :/
    I would. It's the Sims 2 situation and for me a sim actually leaving the place, driving off, is more important than 'winning' a few seconds with nothing. Besides, my sims in 4 are sometimes walking or running to a certain spot before they disappear as well. Car would be faster.

@JoAnne65 , that is an excellent point! B) I hate going to the Van Haunt Manor or some other public lots where our Sims have to run across the whole lot just to get to a point where they can return home! :s A car would be a lot faster in that respect! <3
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Given context, I wouldn't get too excited. This was a discussion started by two other users, then came this reply. It can almost sound like the Guru is "challenging" them to come up with a way to make cars work in a world where they cannot, as if trying to make a point that they simply can't happen.

Having said that, I mean she could absolutely be testing the waters to see what people find acceptable and what people don't. For example if people made it clear they don't mind having cars that just sit in the driveway, don't actually drive but can do other stuff (car woohoo, auto restoration and customization), then maybe she'd bring that up with the team since it's a popular idea they're fully capable of doing. If people simply answered though that they want Sims 4 to suddenly turn open world and have cars that drive around, I bet the idea was simply tossed in the fire.
    True this. I bet they're perfectly capable of adding an animated car on the driveway (maybe only in new neighborhoods but still). For me the fact they'd never be able to at least drive off would be a major frustration, but if a majority declares this would be better than nothing then yes, who knows.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    O.K, this is going to be a long post. I've thought about this for a while, and here are my ideas for a Cars themed EP (some of these may have already been said):

World: Plumbob Speedway
    Similar to Granite Falls but instead of a vacation world, it has a drag strip, dirt round track, asphalt round track, car show lot, car dealerships, mechanic shop, auto body shop, junk yard, auction lot, and car wash.

Aspirations: Car Enthusiast:
    -Classic Car Enthusiast: Build your collection of antique cars
    -Sports Car Enthusiast: Build your collection of high octane, high speed racers
    -Luxury Car Enthusiast: Build your collection of the most luxurious cars
    -Master Mechanic: Tied to Handiness skill and new mechanic skill. Work on car engines and be able to build a Super Engine
    -Master Body Man/Woman: Tied to Handiness and body work skill. An engine is great and all (and very important) but these Sims are artists and can make even the biggest rust bucket look brand new.
    -Dealership Mogul: Work your way from a "lemon" car dealer to the biggest luxury car dealer

Traits:
    Lead Foot/Speed Demon: These Sims love the feel of being thrust into the driver's seat from doing high speeds. What's the point of owning a fast car if you always do the speed limit?
    Grease Monkey/Mechanic: These Sims don't mind getting their hands dirty. They get a boost in mood when in the garage tinkering on engines
    Auto Body Artist: Creativity comes in all forms and these sims' canvas is the body of a car. While other sims see a rusty pile of bolts as ruined, these sims see the untapped potential to make a beautiful masterpiece.

New Gameplay:
    -Build, tinker, race, drive, wash, paint cars.
    -Kids can work in the garage with adult supervision. They can give the proper tools to mom/dad. They can also pretend to fix their toy cars with their own tool playset
    -Teens learn to drive. They also get more freedom to work in the garage with mom/dad
    -Give gift (car) to teens
    -Take away driving privileges from teen
    -Cars breakdown and have to be repaired.

Careers:
    Car Dealership: Buy, sell, trade cars
    Mechanic: Oil Changes, repair engine, change tires, install car alarms
    Auto Body Technician: Repair the body on the car, paint, and restore cars

Build/Buy Objects:
    -Cars (obviously): American Muscle, Project Cars, Everyday drivers, sports cars, luxury cars, family cars
    -Garage Doors
    -Garage Clutter: Oil cans, gas cans, wrenches, tools on walls, car posters, tires stacks
    -Gameplay objects: Engine hoists, car lifts, tire machines, paint booths, motorized toy cars for kids to drive around, tool playset for kids
    -Car themed furniture: Car seats as chairs, sofas; tires stacks as end tables, race car beds for kids
    -Kids garage playset--like the dollhouse
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • DJraxDJrax Posts: 50 Member
    In terms of cars, I am indifferent about it. I guess they could add this in, but at the same time I really don't care about it.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited July 2017
    Just do it like Sims 2. If possible, Pulling out of a driveway, able to sit in the car, the car stays in front of the lot you are visiting, etc...just look at how they did it in back then.

New things I would like to see..

I would like to see a need to get gas option. We would need to travel to a gas station lot and filler up maybe after 6 trips.

I would like to see a need for repairs. Maybe tune-ups, repair a flat, engine problems, etc. Mechanic career added.

More transportation options if possible like buses, trains, trolley, etc

Edit: Yeah and everything @SweetieWright_84 said. Sorry I didn't read all the posts just stated what I wanted...lol
    O.K, this is going to be a long post. I've thought about this for a while, and here are my ideas for a Cars themed EP (some of these may have already been said):

World: Plumbob Speedway
    Similar to Granite Falls but instead of a vacation world, it has a drag strip, dirt round track, asphalt round track, car show lot, car dealerships, mechanic shop, auto body shop, junk yard, auction lot, and car wash.

Aspirations: Car Enthusiast:
    -Classic Car Enthusiast: Build your collection of antique cars
    -Sports Car Enthusiast: Build your collection of high octane, high speed racers
    -Luxury Car Enthusiast: Build your collection of the most luxurious cars
    -Master Mechanic: Tied to Handiness skill and new mechanic skill. Work on car engines and be able to build a Super Engine
    -Master Body Man/Woman: Tied to Handiness and body work skill. An engine is great and all (and very important) but these Sims are artists and can make even the biggest rust bucket look brand new.
    -Dealership Mogul: Work your way from a "lemon" car dealer to the biggest luxury car dealer

Traits:
    Lead Foot/Speed Demon: These Sims love the feel of being thrust into the driver's seat from doing high speeds. What's the point of owning a fast car if you always do the speed limit?
    Grease Monkey/Mechanic: These Sims don't mind getting their hands dirty. They get a boost in mood when in the garage tinkering on engines
    Auto Body Artist: Creativity comes in all forms and these sims' canvas is the body of a car. While other sims see a rusty pile of bolts as ruined, these sims see the untapped potential to make a beautiful masterpiece.

New Gameplay:
    -Build, tinker, race, drive, wash, paint cars.
    -Kids can work in the garage with adult supervision. They can give the proper tools to mom/dad. They can also pretend to fix their toy cars with their own tool playset
    -Teens learn to drive. They also get more freedom to work in the garage with mom/dad
    -Give gift (car) to teens
    -Take away driving privileges from teen
    -Cars breakdown and have to be repaired.

Careers:
    Car Dealership: Buy, sell, trade cars
    Mechanic: Oil Changes, repair engine, change tires, install car alarms
    Auto Body Technician: Repair the body on the car, paint, and restore cars

Build/Buy Objects:
    -Cars (obviously): American Muscle, Project Cars, Everyday drivers, sports cars, luxury cars, family cars
    -Garage Doors
    -Garage Clutter: Oil cans, gas cans, wrenches, tools on walls, car posters, tires stacks
    -Gameplay objects: Engine hoists, car lifts, tire machines, paint booths, motorized toy cars for kids to drive around, tool playset for kids
    -Car themed furniture: Car seats as chairs, sofas; tires stacks as end tables, race car beds for kids
    -Kids garage playset--like the dollhouse

@SweetieWright_84 , you have a lot of great ideas and have really fleshed out this concept! B) I can just see how this would tie in to some of the packs that we already have. And the "Dealership Mogul" Aspiration made me crack up! <3:D:D
    The only negative thing I can say about your ideas isn't so much your ideas, but the fact that since EA doesn't let Children water plants in the garden, I doubt they will let them tinker in the garage, even with supervision! :'( It would be great if they would do this, though! B)
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    Cars in the Sims 3 were really bad. Firstly they never went to the parking slot you placed, but into the sim's pockets. There was no animation of the sims getting in and out, but they just ported. It got worse with the subway system in Late Night. Here's an example to illustrate: I would have 2 sims go to a party across town. They get into the family car, then drive to the nearest subway station. They would then exit the subway, sometimes through different stations, but regardless if they were together after exiting, the driver would get back in their car, but the passenger would take a taxi/limo instead.

I think that some animation to drive off the lot (sims do run very far to exit) would be nice, but there will need to be consideration of where certain vehicles are allowed. Windenburg is a good place for examples: since the various areas don't have roads and such, there would need to be various restrictions on the vehicles available in each specific district. The Old Town and Modern districts would need to be restricted by bicycles, the Countryside can have the normal cars, and the Island would need boats. Granite Falls could have a few trucks, boats, helicopters. Uptown can only have helicopters, and maybe the Fashion District can't have any vehicles at all.

However, those aren't really gameplay, so there needs to be something more to it. If it's focused on cars, then maybe some mechanic or racing active career would make it relevant. If it's ships, then that cruise thing we heard about a long time ago might be good.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top