Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(ノ´∇`)ノ TDS Renovation Challenge #2: Simple Life (Update 7-21-2017)

Comments

• LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Thank you both :)
  • Agrippine_23Agrippine_23 Posts: 96 Member
    Hello @The_Dismal_Scientist ! Sorry for the late entry, but your challenge sounded so much fun I wanted to try it!
    So here it is

TDS Renovation Challenge #1
    Trailer Park Renovation

Price: 69 239
    Download Link: https://www.thesims.com/fr_FR/gallery/738B84A26D3D11E785E98C22C78BD130?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Agrippine23&max=50&maxis=false
    Galerie Name: Homy Trailer Park

Origin ID: Agrippine23
    Forum ID: Agrippine_23

Showcase Link: http://imgur.com/gallery/rM6cZ

I'm French but I lived in Texas for a year when I was eighteen so that's where I found my inspiration for this challenge! Oh and I tried to not use MOO this time (I'm so used to it, it was very hard! I couldn't put anything where I wanted to!)

(Back up story to be told with a southern accent...) Celia is a difficult teenager. After giving her parents, who live in the city, a hard time, they decided to send her live with her great uncle Cristobal, in the desert. After retiring, Uncle Cristobal bought a trailer park and renovated it. He gave it that southern look that he loves (his cowboy hat that you can see in the pictures are proof of it!) and made sure the garden felt cozy as he loves to spend the evening drinking iced tea looking at the immensity of the desert. Will the outdoors activities Uncle Cristobal is into help ease Celia's teenage mind? Will she adapt in the desert, make friends and be happy?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Hello @The_Dismal_Scientist ! Sorry for the late entry, but your challenge sounded so much fun I wanted to try it!
    So here it is

TDS Renovation Challenge #1
    Trailer Park Renovation

Price: 69 239
    Download Link: https://www.thesims.com/fr_FR/gallery/738B84A26D3D11E785E98C22C78BD130?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Agrippine23&max=50&maxis=false
    Galerie Name: Homy Trailer Park

Origin ID: Agrippine23
    Forum ID: Agrippine_23

Showcase Link: http://imgur.com/gallery/rM6cZ

A6SAWLa.png

npR52D6.png

I'm French but I lived in Texas for a year when I was eighteen so that's where I found my inspiration for this challenge! Oh and I tried to not use MOO this time (I'm so used to it, it was very hard! I couldn't put anything where I wanted to!)

(Back up story to be told with a southern accent...) Celia is a difficult teenager. After giving her parents, who live in the city, a hard time, they decided to send her live with her great uncle Cristobal, in the desert. After retiring, Uncle Cristobal bought a trailer park and renovated it. He gave it that southern look that he loves (his cowboy hat that you can see in the pictures are proof of it!) and made sure the garden felt cozy as he loves to spend the evening drinking iced tea looking at the immensity of the desert. Will the outdoors activities Uncle Cristobal is into help ease Celia's teenage mind? Will she adapt in the desert, make friends and be happy?

I have just posted a couple of your photos, and simmers can go to your link for further pictures :)
    The renovation of the trailer park looks great! @Agrippine_23 :) Very nice outdoors areas! The glass roof topped gardening area is great! Sims will enjoy growing plants in the garden boxes there or doing crafting on the woodwork table. Very nice outdoors sitting area, for the sims to rest outdoors in the air. It looks great the way the rocks, sunflowers and plants have been fenced there, and the string lighrs look very pretty overhead! The open shutter flower box windows are nice touches. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the trailers! The butterflies, strings of photos, and the pictures and posters on the walls in Celia's trailer looks very nice. The flower print looks nice on the floor. Nice study desk nook , for her to sit and write in her diary. She will enjoy resting in the armchair reading a book. Her Uncle's trailer id very nice also! It looks great how the tv wall separates off the kitchen nook. The kitchen wall pattern looks nice. Her Uncle will enjoy sitting on the sofa watching tv, Very nice corner art nook for him to enjoy painting on the easel.
    Home Trailer Park is very nice! :)
  • Agrippine_23Agrippine_23 Posts: 96 Member
    Thank you @rosemow for posting the photos and for your review! It was such a fun challenge (I think renovating challenges are my favorite, but maybe I'll try a full build one soon) It's no nice to share our creations and have feedback :)
  • Artemis_DreamerArtemis_Dreamer Posts: 200 Member
    Build Challenge Number: #1
    Title of Entry: Cheerful Trailer Park
    Download Link: Here
    Origin ID: Artemis_Dreamer
    Forum ID: Artemis_Dreamer
    Other Uploader Comments:
    qJSg3jC.png
    More images: Here

It's too late to be counted as a formal entry, but I thought I'd share this anyway. This was a fun challenge, IMO.
  • TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    edited July 2017
    @Agrippine_23 @Artemis_Dreamer

Thank you so much for visiting and taking part in this challenge, and don't worry about the deadline at all (it's more to keep myself on schedule with releasing new challenges, if anything). I'll definitely link them in the archives so people can conveniently see your entries at any time.

Both trailer parks look amazing and are full of character, it's great to see this decrepit old lot transform into something so welcoming!
    dgvibNQ.png
    Cheerful Trailer Park is a very nice renovation of the build! @Artemis_Dreamer :) Very nice exterior of the trailers. The red edged curved roofing and the red windows look very nice. Very nice outdoors areas! The flowers look pretty on the edges of the pathway. Very nice community gardening nook for sims to enjoy growing plants in the gardening boxes. Very nice outdoors dining areas for sims to enjoy eating food and drinks from the coolers at the colourful picnic tables. Sims will enjoy watching the birds feed on the seed at the bird feeder. The nooks with the gardening tools and the rubbish bins look great! . Very nice furnishing of the interior of the trailers! The grey and red, and grey and green colour schemes look very nice. The circles wall pattern looks very nice. The kitchen and bathroom floor tiling looks great and very nice tv watching nook area! The design of the area with the bookcases placed either sides of the tv looks great! Sims will enjoy resting on the sofa watching tv or reading a book. Nice windows dining area, for sims to enjoy the sunshine whilst dining.
    The trailer park is very nice! :)
  • Artemis_DreamerArtemis_Dreamer Posts: 200 Member
    @The_Dismal_Scientist - thank you for accepting my belated submission!

@rosemow - thank you for your thoughtful and detailed feedback. Much appreciated!
    edited July 2017
    Challenge 2: Simple Life
    Due date: None. All my challenges are open to anyone at any time. However, for story purposes, I will upload Challenge 3 on August 11, so that's sort of an "unofficial due date".

If you missed any of the previous challenges, they are archived (along with all submissions) for easy access.

k4TKarA.png

Type: Residential
    Size: 30 x 20
    Description: After the original family moved to San Myshuno to seek better fortunes, this rustic old cottage has fallen into complete disrepair. You have been authorized to make any changes necessary to the farmhouse, but you cannot move any trees or the fishing pond. It is also requested that you include a garden and (optional) grow at least one death flower.

Download Link

Challenge 1 Epilogue
    nM4nsRi.png
    azVHtHl.png
    LjnmNle.png
    jxrXvgS.png
    4MLejHU.png

Challenge 2 Prologue
    EMbiJuo.png
    Jjd70NP.png
    kXVvY8c.png
    MCeUbmC.png
    nwrAw4M.png
    wpudt9m.png
    rpcYzZp.png
    91jhIDM.png
    u3aytNO.png
    lCXTAgN.png
    x4mIOGX.png
    Ufg8GmB.png

Rules:
    1. You may make any changes to the building as you see fit. This includes all interior, exterior, and roofing designs. However, you may not resize or move the house.
    2. You may change the landscaping as you see fit. Except for trees. You can cut them down (remove them), but no transplanting (so no moving the trees, because something something realism...)!. Please also do not remove or change the location of the pond in any way.
    3. Budget of 85,000 simoleons
    4. You must have a garden somewhere for plants
    5. Use the hashtags #simplelifechallenge and #thedismalsimmer
    6. Bonus: Grow at least one (1) death flower in your garden. You can use cheats if you want.

Instructions for Submission
    First upload your renovation to the gallery, then post this fill out this form and share it here!

Build Challenge Number:
    Title of Entry:
    Price:
    Download Link:
    Origin ID:
    Forum ID:
    Forum Showcase Link (just your general forum showcase, if you have one. I'd love to visit!):
    Other Uploader Comments:

Once you post it here, I'll put a link to your submission in the archives so everyone can admire the creativity of our community!

Thank you for taking part. Love to see what the talented members of this community can come up with!

Entries list:
    @Creepsa - Link
    @LadyEmillye - Link
    @SerraNolwen - Link
    @steskens - Link
    @undressyourbones - Link
    Post edited by TheDismalSimmer on
    dgvibNQ.png
  • CreepsaCreepsa Posts: 30 Member
    I can't wait to jump in! One question though, is the lot cost included in the budget or not?
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Ohh, another lovely challenge :)
    @Creepsa

80k just refers to what the number says once you save it. I think lot cost changes depending on which 30x20 lot you use, so it's easier to just ignore it.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • undressyourbonesundressyourbones Posts: 345 Member
    excited to partake in your awesome challenge! @The_Dismal_Scientist

i had one question, i didn't see it in rules or anyone else ask it (i think >o<),
    is adding a foundation considered resizing?

thank you!
    ORIGIN ID: undressyourbones
    edited July 2017
    @undressyourbones

You can add a foundation, as long as you don't change the footprint of the house.
    dgvibNQ.png
    Build Challenge Number: 2
    Title of Entry: Challenge 2: Simple Life
    Price: $81,713
    Download Link: my entry
    Origin ID: undressyourbones
    Forum ID: undressyourbones
    Forum Showcase Link : showcase
    Other Uploader Comments:
    i had a lot of fun renovating this home! thanks for having this challenge and inspiring me! :)
    more images

C8TDB6L.png

The renovated home looks very nice! @undressyourbones :) The brick texture of the exterior and interior walls gives a great look to the home. The planter box windows are a nice touch. . Very nice glass roofing garden nook! Sims will enjoy growing harvestable plants there. The pathway and flowers either sides of it looks great. Very nice outdoors living and dining patio! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and sitting relaxing on the sofas eating the food. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The books and flowers are nice for Sims to see as they enter the home. Very nice layout of the kitchen, dining and bar area. Sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar with their meal . The drinks shelving and planter boxes are great touches on the walls. The piping looks great! Very nice reading and study desk nook! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer or reading a book, with sunshine coming in through the windows. The book shelves look great placed on the side walls. The living room is a very nice area for sims to relax on the sofa or stools and watch tv, or read a book in the windows sofa alcove , or dance to the stereo music ! The two bedrooms are very nice. The plants bedhead wall decor and the pictures on the bookcase wall in the master bedroom looks nice. Sims will enjoy using the computer there. Very nice vanity table in the single bedroom. Sims will reading in their bedrooms.
    The home is very nice :)
    steskens wrote: »
    With $20 000 left, I still need to furnish the second floor and garden! Loving the challenge :smiley:

I hope that the finishing of your build goes well! @steskens :)
    @rosemow thank you so much for looking at my build and commenting ! :D
    edited July 2017
    Thanks for visiting and I'm glad you had fun with it!

You did a really nice job cleaning the place up while keeping the rustic charm. I also like the glass roof you gave to the garden1
    dgvibNQ.png
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Hmm... I might try this challenge. I was just wondering about two things. One isn't that important: which lot did you originally build this on? I'd just like the background to be the same. Secondly, I was wondering which packs you used to make this build, as I'm trying to figure out how much of the original build I'm actually going to get.
    edited July 2017
    @SerraNolwen

I made this on the 30 x 20 lot in the Windenburg forest area, and the lighting is from around 3pm game time if I remember correctly. As for packs, the only major one is Get Together. I have some items from Get To Work and City Living, but it's stuff like floor patterns and a really minor scenery object.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    edited July 2017
    Thanks for replying so quickly @The_Dismal_Scientist I wish I hadn't missed last week's sale. XD I can see I won't have the vines and chimney since I don't have Get Together. The vines don't matter too much since I'd have removed them. I wish I could have kept te chimney, though. Oh well, I might download it later today and see what I can make of it.