Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Novels presents: From Rags to Riches! [last update: august 4th]

Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
1235lbs.jpg

Hello everyone! I'm proud to present my brand new blog Sim Novels. This will be my new base where I will post any future stories or legacies I'm writing and playing. The first story that you can follow on Sim Novels is my Rags to Riches legacy challenge:

28180op.jpg

We will be following our founder Zorah Diamond as she starts a legacy with literally nothing but the clothes on her back. She will be the narrator of the story, until her next of kin takes over of course.

For this legacy, which will go on for as many generations as I can do before getting bored, I will be following some rules from JC<3ME’s Rags to Riches challenge on ModTheSims. Not all rules though, and I will add some myself as well. For example: Zorah will start off as a young adult, not as a teen. Instead of being allowed to take a job as soon as she builds her first house, she will have to stay unemployed her entire life. The same counts for her spouse. Zorah or any of the future heirs are not allowed to move in a sim that will bring more than 50k simoleons with them. Last but not least: the oldest child will always be the heir, unless something happens to them. During this legacy I’m not allowed to influence the gender of any unborn children. Rabbit hole jobs are off limits for heirs as well. They either have to be self employed or follow a profession. Let’s get to that 99 million!

As of now, you can expect two chapters a week. This might change in the future. Chapters will be posted on fridays and tuesdays, 9PM CEST. Any feedback or suggestions for the legacy and the story are more than welcome, but do keep in mind I try to maintain a decent headstart so that I can keep posting even if I’m not available for a while.

Index:
Generation 01 - Zorah Diamond
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- Chapter 3
- Chapter 4
- Chapter 5
- Chapter 6
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 8
- Chapter 9

I hope you have a great time reading and if you do have tumblr, follow me if you like what you read! :)
Post edited by Namaya92 on

Comments

• Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    edited July 2017
    tumblr_inline_osudnqbVpF1v29jrb_540.jpg

Chapter 1 [click here for the whole chapter!]

'So yeah, this is who I am. Zorah, the girl with no home and you could say I didn’t have any parents anymore either. I wasn’t going to give up on life though. In a way, this turn of events was good for me. It awakened me from a slumber of laziness. Now that I didn’t have my cozy bed to sleep in, I could feel the motivation to change my situation as soon as possible.'

Post edited by Namaya92 on
    edited July 2017
    tumblr_inline_osvi6bmr1w1v29jrb_540.jpg

Chapter 2 [click here for the whole chapter!]

'Humans never seem to realize the things they already have and are always focused on what they don’t have. Losing literally everything helped me to find true value in things that for others might seem minor and therefore are underappreciated by them. A roof above my head, a meal with fresh ingredients, a warm shower and a comfy bed… And here I was, feeling super lonely while during my old life all I ever wanted was to get away from the only two people that still bothered to talk and interact me on a regular basis. I wish I could call them, to tell them how I was doing. Just a few weeks ago, I could’ve never imagined wanting something like that. It’s funny how your perspective on life can change so drastically when going through a hard time.'
    tumblr_inline_osvjkg1TNV1v29jrb_540.jpg

Chapter 3

‘Bruce was great. He made me feel comfortable and it felt amazing to finally feel a connection to another person besides the negative one I had with my parents in the past. I didn’t care that he was roughly twenty years older than me and had two children that could be my younger brothers. I felt like he could be a valuable friend and I could definitely use one of those.’
    tumblr_inline_osvplcogH81v29jrb_540.jpg

Chapter 4

‘When it was already dark outside and we drank quite a few glasses of wine already, I felt the need to be closer to him. My mind, or maybe it was my body I didn’t really know, was longing for the warmth of another person. It didn’t have to be anything romantic. I just wanted a hug, or even just a small touch. The reason I felt so connected to Bruce, was because I could sense he longed for the same thing. He had two children and a dog, but I could feel he was lonely, just like me.’
    tumblr_inline_osvsanedPR1v29jrb_540.jpg

Chapter 5

‘I was really happy living with Bruce. I loved him. I wasn’t in love with him, but I loved him. I couldn’t imagine spending a day without him anymore. I probably didn’t love him in a way a husband and wife usually loved each other, but this was good in its own way. Maybe even deeper than romantic love. We completed each other, two broken pieces who together formed a healed unity. We did kiss a lot more often since we lived together. I liked kissing him, it made me feel really close. I loved feeling his hands on my hips, my back or my shoulders as he drew me in to lock our lips together. It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.’
    edited July 2017
    tumblr_inline_osvt8wramE1v29jrb_540.jpg

Chapter 6

‘A few week after Bruce had asked me to marry him, I started to feel sick in the mornings. It lasted for multiple days already and it started to make me a bit worried. Was something wrong with me? I was too scared to go to the doctor. I didn’t want to go there and get the news that I was terminally ill… hopefully, it was just a stomach flu and it would pass soon enough. I promised myself that if it went on longer than a week, I’d make an appointment.‘
    tumblr_inline_osw20vvDFx1v29jrb_540.jpg

Chapter 7

‘Now that I wasn’t pregnant anymore, I felt that it was time for the next step in the relationship between me and Bruce. We had been engaged for over a year already. Because I had gotten pregnant and didn’t want to have a wedding while I had a thick belly, we postponed it. After Jack was born, we were so busy taking care of him that we completely forgot about getting married for a while. But now that we were adjusted to our new family situation, it was about time I put on a wedding dress!’
    tumblr_inline_osw2ja9p3C1v29jrb_540.jpg

Chapter 8

‘One day I was looking at myself in the mirror. I had changed a lot ever since I came here. I didn’t look exhausted anymore and I felt more happy than ever. That didn’t change the fact that I was still wearing the same rags I arrived with though. It seemed like a good idea to take a trip to town and go through a little make-over, so that I could leave my past behind permanently. It was about time I stopped looking like a homeless person.’
    tumblr_inline_ou8dk70GB91v29jrb_540.jpg

Chapter 9

‘Jack was such an innocent little boy and I loved that about him. But this would also come to an end one day and probably way quicker than I wanted it to. Soon he’d be able to take care of his own food, he wouldn’t need my help to get around the house anymore and he wouldn’t smile and reach for me every time I entered his room. He’d start complaining about stuff like privacy, homework, drama at school or how I didn’t do laundry quickly enough. I knew this was going to happen, because I remembered my own youth quite clearly still. I had been a difficult child, and Jack carried at least half of my genes.’
  • Unibunny9Unibunny9 Posts: 11 New Member
    Are we allowed to order from food stalls if we have the money?
  • Unibunny9Unibunny9 Posts: 11 New Member
    Oh, and what about bars? Can we order from them?