Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collab for the Alien Adoption Challenge #Collab4AAC

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @SoulGal7 Thanks for the overview and clarification! :)
    I did catch that line about the 100 babies! It was awesome on many levels--the challenge with the mothership having 100, and of course, a little nod to the 100 Baby Challenge! :)

I haven't said anything in my game about Bella working for the agency. I'd like it to be the same Bella, so I think I'll just have her be an interested party. She's not really a family friend--she was more like a nice acquaintance back in the toddler years.

And I see Geoffrey as having some sort of vague governmental job, tangential to the agency, perhaps--and Mortimer always seems to me like an important person in the community, so I think I'll leave their exact roles sort of vague...
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @CathyTea you mean they're going to be like the residential schools or the Ghetto experiments that First People or Jewish children were exposed to which I kind of nodded too in my Swanson Legacy?

Hi, @MadameLee ! I'm afraid that if they hadn't been rescued, their fate would be EVEN worse, if you can imagine. :/

well I can just tell you that the medical treatments that Jews and First People were very terrible..
    6adMCGP.gif
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @CathyTea you mean they're going to be like the residential schools or the Ghetto experiments that First People or Jewish children were exposed to which I kind of nodded too in my Swanson Legacy?

Hi, @MadameLee ! I'm afraid that if they hadn't been rescued, their fate would be EVEN worse, if you can imagine. :/

well I can just tell you that the medical treatments that Jews and First People were very terrible..

Ugh. Maybe it's AS bad. It's a little different, though. I think we'll probably mention it at some point in one or more of our stories... probably not for a while.

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hi guys, I may be able to at least make my family for this challenge today! I already have some ideas, and my mind sort of went into an overly complicated and slightly dark direction, as it tends to do :D. I was wondering if it would work if
    there were some people or aliens who were after the 100 alien babies/toddlers for possibly sinister reasons, as right now my backstory includes one person disappearing or dying mysteriously and it being rather clear that it's because this person is linked to the alien adoption project.

I haven't written anything yet so I can of course change everything that doesn't work. I have no idea yet why the spoilered thing happens or how it would tie into my story other than helping with setting up the starting situation. I think I'll first play the game and take some screenshots and see how things go.

I've been thinking that if my story-driven mind wants to add some backstory events that can't be done within the challenge's rules, I'll make a separate save for the photoshooting so that it won't interfere with the challenge (like I've done with my Ambrosia-story).
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    Hiyee! I've got a new chapter! Septemus 19

This one has a few collab tie-ins... it builds on the idea of there being two ships, and, most importantly! It introduces @kkira555 's alien kids, who are jotojo , not gotogo! :)

@RipuAncestor Absolutely! @SoulGal7 introduced that theme, or at least that idea, with Baako Jang. And Dove has indicated that
    the clones are used for things like organs/body parts back on the home planet... plus, we've got other refugees tossed in there, and whenever there are refugees, there are all the insidious factors that led to them becoming refugees.

So, yes! I think it will work very well!

@CathyTea It does sound like it fits, then. I think I'll go into TS4 right now and see what I can come up with. :)
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    @CathyTea It does sound like it fits, then. I think I'll go into TS4 right now and see what I can come up with. :)

Have fun! :)

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited August 2017
    @RipuAncestor
    ok, so mine won't be as dark, but you know how there are always people searching out aliens for other than nice reasons, well that is the branch of the government that Baako works for, but don't worry, they get away. There are also some sims that I saw in the gallery that I will download for a specific part of that chapter. When Oriana ages up, things start going crazy![\spoiler]
    also, for the other ship I was thinking in my story, although I didn't imply it, just left it vague, that the government was only interested in the other ship because perhaps that ship held kidnapped children of rich people, possibly royalty or even an heir to the throne, but I just wanted to have it more vague so that even though this ship crashed, there may have been others that we "meaning the adopted alien parents" don't know about. You know, the government never tells you everything[\spoiler]
    @MadameLee - no bad stuff in my stories, only happy stuff.
  • allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    LOL Meanwhile, my whole story revolves around sad stuff! :D
  • ShellbellShellbell Posts: 132 Member
    @CathyTea
    Thankyou I have been trying to figure out to work other ideas into my story but think I may just have to stick to sending and receiving messages from others that are involved in the project.
    edited August 2017
    So... thanks to a sick day I managed to get A LOT of Simming done... now my alien kid is about to age up into a teen! And I was also a total failure and didn't realise I had to make the kid's mum the primary caregiver or whatever for the parenting to be really effective until the child was already well into childhood. It probably shows that I haven't played TS4 in a while and haven't really got the hang of the Parenthood -pack yet. :sweat_smile:

But now I at least have tons and tons of pics that I should probably turn into a story at some point... I'll measure the passing of time for this collab with the pace it goes in my story, so if I sign up to the Bizoopagoto forum there won't suddenly be someone announcing that their kid is already a teen. :D
    My Sims stories:
    Guys, is #38 already taken as a code number for some other alien toddler in this collab? I didn't see it anywhere but figured I'd make sure.
    My Sims stories:
    Septemus is 77... I think Rae's kid is 73? ( @ra3rei ).... who else has numbers?

I can make a registry on the first page of this thread and also on our blog (which is still in development) so we can keep track!

• MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    @CathyTea Xilla is #87 :)
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    Oriana is #27
  • XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    Kedi is #47 (kubi).
    41tidg8.jpg
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    We all like 7s!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    I never gave Rocket a number, lol.
  • allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    I never gave Rocket a number, lol.

Me either... woops!
    edited August 2017
    Okay, so sounds like I can keep 38, then. :) I just broke the 7-tradition.
    My Sims stories:
  • ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    Hi :) I've finally started my story! (Yes, I know, I already have far too many projects on the go, but this one is short and adorable so YOLO)
    I'm not sure what level of participation I'm going to be working at - maybe 1 for the first couple of chapters, but I'd like to get more involved as time goes on :)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • ShellbellShellbell Posts: 132 Member
    My aliens have weird numbers that are long
    Reticuli is H91100007326
    Adeline is H91100006526
    Zada is H91100029526