Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Renovacy Challenge - a new (and short!) challenge.

Comments

• MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited February 2018
    I've finished setting up and getting pictures for my renovacy offering.

Backstory can be found here:
    http://mamadragonssims.weebly.com/renovation-challenges/hutchins-and-mojica-renovation-challenge

You can jump to the lot here, if you want to skip the story: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9194494

I added a special rule, found at the bottom of the backstory, for a reason, aka I might have goofed one tiny detail. ;)
    Post edited by Mmdrgntobldrgn on
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    @ADWilson - just heading to bed, but thought I'd "accidentally" check on this site - and found your update. Those girls and their dances! They're liabilities on the dancefloor...Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Good night and pleasant dreams :)
    Oh my goodness, you have no idea. I usually play Sims that either have a boyfriend/girlfriend or date and if not, get one while at the dance. These girls arrive tired, hungry or near hunger point and only the one earning the crown leaves in a good mood. It's crazy, but oh so much fun going against my usual flow.
  • fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    edited February 2018
    @ADWilson just caught up on your story. its very exciting seeing how all the kids are growing.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn your story is very interesting. 5 kids seems like a major challenge, I cant wait to see someone take it on.

@SamelaRita just wondering if traveling is ok? Luke gets an opportunity almost every other day to go to Egypt or France on a mission. so far I turned them down, but I think it would make a good story.

also just wondering if anyone plays with pets? I was thinking of making a household with a mix of pets and kids for a challenge.
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn I just gave you a big ol' AWESOME! That's a very interesting backstory and sounds like a great challenge. :)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    fleshjenn wrote: »
    ... also just wondering if anyone plays with pets? I was thinking of making a household with a mix of pets and kids for a challenge.
    I was thinking of adding a horse to the old quarry one. There was lots of room for a stable; but somehow the horses quit coming by. :neutral:

I haven't checked out the stories yet, so I'll have to go do that now.

• SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @fleshjenn Travelling is fine if he can afford it...
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn Saw your post. I think my day just got booked up! So I'm going to have to do everything else that I need to do really fast so that I can start your renovacy...time to shift into turbo-boost mode.
    :'(:'(

So my game got confusing last night. I played for 2 days and it crashed. I cleaned out the files, restarted it, tried to replay as much as possible and it crashed again. I have a bunch of pics now that im not even sure line up with where my story has progressed too anymore.
    the first time I played Tom had a friend over, the second time he didnt bring anyone home with him. first time the family found another 2k in flowers, this time half the flowers werent there.
    very frustrating.

fleshjenn wrote: »
    :'(:'(

So my game got confusing last night. I played for 2 days and it crashed. I cleaned out the files, restarted it, tried to replay as much as possible and it crashed again. I have a bunch of pics now that im not even sure line up with where my story has progressed too anymore.
    the first time I played Tom had a friend over, the second time he didnt bring anyone home with him. first time the family found another 2k in flowers, this time half the flowers werent there.
    very frustrating.

Oh no! Things like that are so frustrating :(:'(
    Hoping you find a way to mesh story with your pictures so you don't have to do-over too much.
    For story purposes, just throw any whatever pics you like whether or not they played out the second time, @fleshjenn.

Sorry about your crash. The only thing I can suggest is to save more frequently often AND to check on you simCompositorCache file that gets really big. Once mine goes over 300k, I like to save my game more often and quit as soon as possible to clear out my caches before I reload. The compositor caches are usually the only ones I have to clear (delete). The sim one is the one that gets really big. Mine goes over 500,000 at times! When it's so larger in size, it lends a higher probability of game errors and crashing.

I've been adding more chapters this morning. There are three new chapters linked at the bottom of the McPhail page now.
    https://2sim3.wordpress.com/other/mcp/
    @fleshjenn Sorry your game keeps crashing. Hubby's frail pc is not a great device for games. I use save as at least once per sim day and use a letter & number system (w1d5) with added a,b,c after the last number if I need to save more than once (birthdays, build changes, skill leveling) per day. That combined with the occasional file cleaning with save cleaner, and cache clearing is how I limp along, oh and not all stuff packs or store content is installed, some but not all.

@ciane Love how you kept some of the nicer graffiti designs for decor. You always show me how much I'm not doing in terms of exploring and traveling around the world with the sims for finding collectables.
    I will confess that the eco elements you usually play, along with sims interacting with animals might have had a small influence on traits and back story for the Hutchins & Mojica household. Although @SamelaRita decidedly had some influencing factors as well.

Thank you everyone, I hope you'll enjoy playing the challenge household I made. I have stuff to tend today, houseworkey type stuff still can't nose twitch it away nor is there a Rosey Robot, so do I must since as Yoda says there is no try. ;)

I'll be starting up game in a few hours and will be using Rflong's industrial Island, plus cleaned (figured out custard for file cleaning) copies of houses I was iffy on for the remaining 5 households. I might replay the ones I've already played (plus the one I made) eventually, just so their on the island too. ;)

Happily for me the island has dumpsters built onto it independent of lots, along with plenty of spawners. :)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Katie_LouKatie_Lou Posts: 29 Member
    Evening ladies, you've all been so busy!

My apologies for being AWOL, I've had an appointment every other day for the past week and on the free days I'm trying to squeeze in driving lessons (I can reverse park now!) as well as trying to pack for the move and sort finance documents for the car. February also holds Ryan's birthday, Valentine's Day and our 3 year anniversary, so I'm being stretched pretty thin!

Looking forward to catching up with all of your stories over the weekend, since I know if I open my own game I'll get nothing I need to do done. Hugs!
    "Language is wine upon the lips." —Virginia Woolf
    @ciane - poor Euan! He doesn't have much luck in the catacombs does he! And you have three boys, as opposed to my three girls - that's fun. The house looks lovely and spacious and ideal for a large and active family.
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn - I've started it and am really enjoying it (the quilt for my niece's birthday took a bit of a back seat today. I've only just started it, so as long as I do some tomorrow, I won't fall behind), and will type up the first chapter and post it soon.
    @ciane - poor Euan! He doesn't have much luck in the catacombs does he! And you have three boys, as opposed to my three girls - that's fun. The house looks lovely and spacious and ideal for a large and active family.
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn - I've started it and am really enjoying it (the quilt for my niece's birthday took a bit of a back seat today. I've only just started it, so as long as I do some tomorrow, I won't fall behind), and will type up the first chapter and post it soon.
    Ok I think I have finally gotten my game in hand. I was able to play through till where the first crash happened. It gave me a chance to redesign my floor plan for the upstairs, unfornately the same opportunities didnt come up for Luke in the final playthrough.

Yeovil Mission: Groundhog Effect
    @fleshjenn Yay, for fixed game. Sadly leaves seem to be the bane of any sim with the neat trait I've recently learned.

@SamelaRita I look forward to your story, and notes on the family. Would love to see the finished quilt for your niece, my grandma used to make quilts. :)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes

@SamelaRita I'd love to see the quilt too! I just started quilting last year and I'm hooked, I've made three already and am working on my fourth. I also tried my hand at English Paper Piecing, it's really easy and very fun.

New update - this one covers the entire week 2. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16325369/#Comment_16325369
    @SamelaRita ~ Yes, please to pictures of quilt and seeing your story!
    @ciane and @Kgaff ~ Stop tempting me to peek at your stories!!!

Am almost finished with the week on my end, girls are aging into YA as I post! Wheee!!!
    Then one more week plus a day or so and this shall come to its end. Happy & Sad feelings right now over this.
    First chapter of the Hutchins and Mojica Renovacy (just up before bedtime here!)
    http://samelasstories.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/the-hutchins-and-mojica-renovacy.html
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    First chapter of the Hutchins and Mojica Renovacy (just up before bedtime here!)
    http://samelasstories.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/the-hutchins-and-mojica-renovacy.html

Love it. You got the essence of Regina that I was trying to impart with her traits. I look forward to seeing how they fare.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    Oh my!
    The game is throwing some curve balls my way today ... somebody in the McPhail house is not getting any sleep (which they desperately need!).

screenshot-30.jpg

Want to take a guess which "lucky" Sim it is?
    @ADWilson now I'm nervous for any families I play. Okay Kathy might have gotten abducted during my last challenge run, but it does seem as if everyone's games are sending aliens for sims this week.

Was it a teen by chance or a parent, although I don't think teens get nabbed so it's got to be a parent, and you mentioned desperately needing sleep. Euan is my guess.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    Well, I have to go with Euan and I have a very good reason for choosing him!!! >:)
    edited February 2018
    I actually think I had a teen abducted, but maybe it was a young adult. I will have to revisit my pics.

Yay! More stories to read. I absolutely love your title @fleshjenn - groundhog day do-overs is perfect! Great story too!

Oh my, @SamelaRita, you really are a great story teller. I loved your start!

Great to see you stopping by @Katie_Lou and congrats on your driving skills and your anniversary (as well as your upcoming move).
    Post edited by ciane on
    lol all these abductions, I am glad I didn't get my sims a telescope! I played through several more days, and sent my sim kids out in a snowstorm lol. I'm suppose to have visitors tomorrow but I should still be able to write up the next chapter.
    edited February 2018
    @ADWilson My guess is Euan! Though at least he can't come back pregnant - your house is full :) That happened to me in the middle of a game I was playing a while back, and suddenly there was this alien baby in the middle of it.
    @Kgaff Do send some pictures of the quilts you've done - I'd love to see them. I'll post one of this one so far over the weekend maybe, as I should get it to a good place for a picture today or tomorrow. Depends how long I spend on @Mmdrgntobldrgn renovacy: I'm really hooked on it! Woke up thinking about the character development first thing this morning.
    @ciane Thanks for the compliment! I'm glad you liked the start of the story. There'll be more up as soon as maybe - can't wait to get back into it.
    @fleshjenn - here's hoping Luke finally gets to be himself a bit more :)
    @Katie_Lou I'm really impressed you can reverse park! I still really struggle with that - I usually opt for parking further away and walking...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top