Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Renovacy Challenge - a new (and short!) challenge.

Comments

• MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Hmm, I hadn't thought about making a family to go with the lot but I think I can whip up something, before I start the next renovation.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Oops! I forgot to post the link here for the new story!
    https://2sim3.wordpress.com/other/mcp/

She hasn't had the babies yet in my game, but I am feeding her apples to see what happens.

I look forward to your story @Mmdrgntobldrgn and I loved your updates @Kgaff!
    I have the primary sims created and in play. Depending on how much babysitting I do of the grands this week I might have the story and lot + sims up by Saturday. And yes I do plan to tce as needed to move the story along.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    edited February 2018
    Awesome @Mmdrgntobldrgn!

She just gave birth to the triplets in my game. Guess the genders of each?
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Kgaff wrote: »
    @ADWilson Well, I caved and read your story :( I think is funny how we had some of the same screenshots! I have been thinking of adding on to the house as well but I have a different floor plan in mind. I laughed out loud at "squid face", that's a classic. Having 6 kids going all at once is an amazing feat, keep up the good work :)

Same here. Wasn't planning to read your story until I am done on my end, but since I am ahead I think I can safely say that I won't be influenced by your story's direction. Can't say the same for @ciane as she is super quick with these. So I shall wait until done with mine and then binge read hers.
    I have the primary sims created and in play. Depending on how much babysitting I do of the grands this week I might have the story and lot + sims up by Saturday. And yes I do plan to tce as needed to move the story along.

Hooray!!!
    ciane wrote: »
    Awesome @Mmdrgntobldrgn!

She just gave birth to the triplets in my game. Guess the genders of each?

I'll guess, but am sure to be wrong. Since you were feeding apples going with boy x3.
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    This just ate my comments!
    @ciane I liked Euan's legs waving out of various dumpsters! I'm guessing two boys and a girl...
    @Kgaff Liked the updates - left a comment on your page :)
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn Can't wait!
  • fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    @Kgaff and @ciane both very exciting updates. it was a nice relaxing read.

unfortunately no update from me tonight. I spent 3hrs at the doctors and pharmacy after work today. this viral thing isn't going away as quickly as I hoped, so I went ahead and got some medicines to help me at least sleep better.
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    fleshjenn wrote: »
    @Kgaff and @ciane both very exciting updates. it was a nice relaxing read.

unfortunately no update from me tonight. I spent 3hrs at the doctors and pharmacy after work today. this viral thing isn't going away as quickly as I hoped, so I went ahead and got some medicines to help me at least sleep better.

Aw, I hope you feel better soon and get some good rest. Take care of yourself.
    edited February 2018
    Addy wins! All three were boys. I thought maybe game mechanics had girls, so I had to try and change it up.

Sorry to hear about all those hours with the doc and pharmacy. I do hope you are feeling better now @fleshjenn.
    Post edited by ciane on
    fleshjenn wrote: »

Sending positive vibes that your unwanted "guest" will realize it has outstayed its welcome! Hoping you get plenty of rest so you can recuperate and kick this viral thing right out the door. BIG Hugs!!!
    Addy wins! All three were boys. I thought maybe game mechanics had girls, so I had to try and change it up.

Interesting how I got three girls (didn't use apples or watermelons, but had the radio on the kids station) and you got three boys using apples. Did you have Patience use the radio or TV or both? I was silly & didn't check all panels so when my attempt at twins became triplets, I was surprised and quickly scrambled for a third name.

I wonder what @Kgaff did to get one boy and two girls. Just curious to see what each of us did or didn't do to affect the outcome we got.

Speaking of outcome ...
    Euan is happy to bring home the spoils of his current dumpster dive. He scored a Swish Dishwasher!
    Going to install it and stand aside so Patience can make improvements.
    Here I am trying to get a few simoleons so they can buy one and this happens. Thanks, game <3
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Sorry guys but I can't help out with the gender thing. This is the first time I have ever played with more than one baby at a time. I didn't even know you could do things to get only boys or girls. I was always surprised.

The only thing I can think of is when Patience went to the community garden and started harvesting she "might" have had a fruit snack there but since I had no idea about how to sway the gender one way or the other I paid zero attention. They didn't have a radio so it wasn't that. Could it just have been the game deciding?

What would happen if Patience ate both watermelons and apples?
    No t.v. and only working out and rock on the radio. I think she's just prone to triplets with both having the fertility LTW. I figured with three girls for Addy and two girls for Kgaff, I'd just see if I could get a different result. Of course, sometimes it just depends which gender has more in your game. The game will try to balance it out, I think.

Congrats on the free dishwasher, @ADWilson! Sometimes the things they find while dumpster diving will not place in my game. So, I often sell everything they find and buy something instead. I think it makes a difference if I try to place something when the sim is traveling or if they finished dumpster diving.
    edited February 2018
    No t.v. and only working out and rock on the radio. I think she's just prone to triplets with both having the fertility LTW. I figured with three girls for Addy and two girls for Kgaff, I'd just see if I could get a different result. Of course, sometimes it just depends which gender has more in your game. The game will try to balance it out, I think.

Congrats on the free dishwasher, @ADWilson! Sometimes the things they find while dumpster diving will not place in my game. So, I often sell everything they find and buy something instead. I think it makes a difference if I try to place something when the sim is traveling or if they finished dumpster diving.

I can't get things to place while they're travelling. And quite often they won't sell either until they get home!
    Patience had three girls in my version, I think - I must check and see tomorrow.

Waiting for the sim to get back to the lot, or at least be in one spot does make a difference for rummaged items in back packs. Another factor is if you sold something right before the item you're trying to place. If so then click (anywhere) in the backpack/storage box space to reset the controls and the next object should place fine if you want to keep it. Additionally if you don't want to keep anything you can always select the little sell box to the side and click on it to sell everything in on go instead of selling off stuff one at a time.

Don't forget most insects earn more money if sold at the science center instead of through the sim inventory management.

Why, yes my sims have done a lot of dumpster & junkyard rummaging. ;)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    Thanks for the well wishing everyone. I am feeling quite a bit better today. so better in fact, I have a new update!

Mission Days 6 & 7: Upgrades

with all this talk about triplets, I might just give them a shot after I complete this challenge. It sounds like everyone is really having fun with that one.
    Woot! Loved the update.
    To me, time is money. Going to the science lab to sell stuff just isn't worth the time and effort. I generally always go the sell all straight from the backpack route. I only send them to the science lab if they get an opportunity, and then I often don't have the patience to wait for insects to spawn. The moths and the rhino beetles will show on the map, but not by the time I get a sim there and then they disappear forever, it seems. I often just cancel the opportunity and go for the better paying flowers and befriending animals.
    @fleshjenn Glad you're feeling better! Some viruses are so stubborn...Loved the update, and the way Abby's gained the genius trait too.
    Nice chapter, @fleshjenn :)
    Shame about Tom having to deal with a cold on top of everything else! He has definitely earned a
    best_big_brother_ever_vintage_sticker_oval.jpg?width=550&height=550&Filters=%5B%7B%22name%22%3A%22background%22%2C%22value%22%3A%22F2F2F2%22%2C%22sequence%22%3A2%7D%5D
    as far as I am concerned.

Like @Mmdrgntobldrgn I have been pondering which challenge to take on next and am seriously thinking of giving this one a go.
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for the input regarding the births of your triplets, @ciane and @Kgaff :)
    I find the game mechanics to be fascinating and can happily spend time investigating things like this. As long as it doesn't interfere with playing, of course! lol

I just happened to notice something unusual while peeking at their Simology panel.
    Neither triplet set shares the same horoscope sign!

Charity: Aries
    Felicity: Gemini
    Mercy: Pisces

Doughal: Leo
    Cambeul: Libra
    Bhradain: Cancer

This game is something else. Ha ha
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Thanks for the input regarding the births of your triplets, @ciane and @Kgaff :)
    I find the game mechanics to be fascinating and can happily spend time investigating things like this. As long as it doesn't interfere with playing, of course! lol

I just happened to notice something unusual while peeking at their Simology panel.
    Neither triplet set shares the same horoscope sign!

Charity: Aries
    Felicity: Gemini
    Mercy: Pisces

Doughal: Leo
    Cambeul: Libra
    Bhradain: Cancer

This game is something else. Ha ha

That's funny! You could have twins that didn't, but not triplets...A friend of mine had triplets: she said there was a point where she couldn't get out of the house with them by herself: that "I am mobile but I have no sense so I will run into the road" stage. She could get them all loaded safely into the car, but she couldn't get them out at the other end. And walking anywhere with one in the buggy (along with the shopping) and the other two on reins was equally challenging :s Like the time the two on the reins decided to sit down on the middle of the zebra crossing and refuse to move...
    The McPhail’s are continually going in and out their front door.
    The family is busy with school, work & more during Week FOUR.
    @ADWilson - just heading to bed, but thought I'd "accidentally" check on this site - and found your update. Those girls and their dances! They're liabilities on the dancefloor...Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top