Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Renovacy Challenge - a new (and short!) challenge.

Comments

• PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9444867

@all: Here's the Zoltir family. @ADWilson: just got the uploaded.
    :) Smile!

• SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    Saturday - and a very chilly one here by UK standards: it went down to -5 C last night. Or 23 F for those of us who prefer Furrynight to Centipede for measuring temperatures. Okay, I know for some parts of the world, that's a positively balmy winter's night, but not here and not in February as a rule! Halfway through February is often really spring-like. New chapter, though - link here:
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2021/02/changing-seasons-summer-iv-part-2.html
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Brrr, that's cold @SamelaRita !!
    Enjoyed your chapter very much! Left a comment on your blog.
    Thanks for sharing :)
    As of this morning, the last three chapters for TIN Steps were written and are ready for release on their respective dates.

Today's offering:
    TIN Steps, Day 31

May heads home from her term at UNI, intending to surprise her dad, but ends up getting a surprise of her own.
    https://mysims3life.com/tin-steps-day-31/
    @ADWilson I like May telling the others off! She's had practice in helping to bring up Ice, looking out for boys being silly. And there's more to come in awhile :)
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    @ADWilson I like May telling the others off! She's had practice in helping to bring up Ice, looking out for boys being silly. And there's more to come in awhile :)

Hee hee hee
    I like the way you think/worded this!

Yes, May has had some experience with helping raise Ice so doesn't blink an eye when college boys are being dumb.

While I really want to share what I wrote sooner rather than later, I didn't want to bombard Mr Addy who reads everything I write.
    Another day, another dollar - actually, it's another Saturday, another chapter. A bit of a long one as there was a lot I wanted to fit into it...
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2021/02/changing-seasons-summer-iv-part-3.html
    Definitely one to go with a cup of tea!
    Really enjoyed this chapter @SamelaRita and you're right, there was a lot going on! Left my comment on your blog so as not to leave any spoilers here. Easy to see several potential paths it can take from this point forward and look forward to finding out if my guesses are even close.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Always great to have more stories to read. I do like the direction both are going.

@ADWilson - How many days was May home when you got the message? (I took a sim to college after your suggestion for a new uni play. I got her a lot with a plant on it and sent her to uni right away with no skills and no scholarship. She too meet Harrison Fort at uni. When she returned between terms, she invited him to visit. Then she moved into a real house that I made over much smaller. That cancelled the visit, so she had to invite him again when he didn't he show up the next day. They got married and returned to uni. Surprisingly, he already had enough credits for one term; so by taking a full load, he was able to graduate with her. They are now back home and expecting a baby.)

@SamelaRita - The first surprise was expected. The second came out of no where. Loved both!
    ciane wrote: »
    How many days was May home when you got the message? (I took a sim to college after your suggestion for a new uni play. I got her a lot with a plant on it and sent her to uni right away with no skills and no scholarship. She too meet Harrison Fort at uni. When she returned between terms, she invited him to visit. Then she moved into a real house that I made over much smaller. That cancelled the visit, so she had to invite him again when he didn't he show up the next day. They got married and returned to uni. Surprisingly, he already had enough credits for one term; so by taking a full load, he was able to graduate with her. They are now back home and expecting a baby.)

The same day/night that she arrived home, May got a moodlet but it didn't have any effect. The next day is when the moodlet added a penalty and then the popup message happened. Going to go ahead and give a spoiler from the chapters that drop this week ... she graduated from UNI, has the diploma in her personal inventory and once again has the initial moodlet. Looking at her school/work tab shows that she is at 0 credits for the degree she just earned. Looking online, the only workaround is to drop out while your Sim is at Uni, which she can't do because the option to go to UNI for this degree is greyed out. Am pretty sure the college-at-home mod is the reason for this mess which I am opting to ignore.

How interesting that you had your Sim meet/marry Garrison Fort. He's quite handsome and I'm sure over time he and May will get together on my end should I play them past the story ending.
    TIN Steps, Day 32

May heads back to UNI and discovers a few differences between this term and her last one.
    https://mysims3life.com/tin-steps-day-32/
    @ADWilson :D Go May!!! She did it! Loved the chapter and her dad's pride in her on her graduation (might play university some time if I ever have time) and can't wait to find out what happens next in her life ;)
    @ADWilson :D Go May!!! She did it! Loved the chapter and her dad's pride in her on her graduation (might play university some time if I ever have time) and can't wait to find out what happens next in her life ;)

Yes, she did. For kicks, I gave her the LTW for perfect GPA and she achieved it. Whoop whoop :)
    Tad is a terrific dad who will support his two children with whatever dream they might have. Hmm ... I've been toying around with playing certain families further and do a where-are-they-now? sort of thing since they've really grown on me and I want need to know, lol
    TIN Steps, Day 33
    Here is the final chapter for this renovacy. Thank you for joining me on this adventure!
    https://mysims3life.com/tin-steps-day-33/
    Sorry that trying out that mod did NOT work out well for you. Still, enjoyed the story and it's nice that she still got some benefits from the experience, like extra traits and starting work at a higher rung, right? Normally, I think uni is not worth the job boost since you'd be further ahead at work days wise without spending all that time at uni; but it does give extra traits for cliques and graduation, and each clique climbed also offers a unique career, so there is that! Mainly, I like the chance to complete the celebrity skill challenge in charisma that enables sims to make friends easier, and it also gives a wider range of mate options!

In my game, my sim also went for the perfect GPA option and brought home a teleporter with all her accumulated rewards. She's now given birth and her and Garrison are busy teaching toddler skills and writing books so that Garrison's wish to be swimming in cash will soon be achieved.
    Thank you for your insight, @ciane :)
    I still find it rather interesting that both of our UNI Sims did the same LTW as well as gravitated toward the same fellow.
    @ADWilson Love the puppy's name!!! :D Really enjoyed the end of the story too, and also seeing the tin shack transformed into a lovely little home - made me feel quite nostalgic for my game on it as well. But I'm busily trying just to get this week's chapter written, so I can't afford to go onto any other saves as well! Really enjoyed the story - thanks for putting it up there to be read. :)
    You know that could be an interesting challenge - party every night at uni and skip at least two classes a week. See if the sim manages to graduate - an interesting take I haven't tried before!
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @ADWilson: Great updates. :)

@ciane: Hello

@SamelaRita: Hello

@LMC6255: Hello

@Mmdrgntobldrgn: Hello

@all: Hello
    :) Smile!

Love the puppy's name!!! :D Really enjoyed the end of the story too, and also seeing the tin shack transformed into a lovely little home - made me feel quite nostalgic for my game on it as well. But I'm busily trying just to get this week's chapter written, so I can't afford to go onto any other saves as well! Really enjoyed the story - thanks for putting it up there to be read. :)

You're going to laugh, the name I originally chose was a good one but after careful research, I realized why I liked it so much ... I had named Tad's wife Bean. So I didn't think it appropriate for the puppy to be called Bean too.

Thanks, glad you liked the story. I enjoyed seeing this family and their home grow/flourish. @Hidehi gave us a great place to start our individual stories with the Pole family. When things align, you'll return to other game saves. I have a bad habit of playing a save and then moving on to something else so returning to pick up from where I last left off at is a bit more challenging than it should be.

This week I looked at the screenshots for Modise and have zero clue as to what direction the story was taking. I might have to jump in game and figure that out so I can cobble together something that makes sense because my personal goal this year is to finish my various stories before starting anything else.

Changing Seasons is a wonderful story and one I look forward to reading. Am sure it takes a lot of work on your end to get all the sims aligned and where you want them to be in order to pack punch into each chapter.
    ciane wrote: »
    You know that could be an interesting challenge - party every night at uni and skip at least two classes a week. See if the sim manages to graduate - an interesting take I haven't tried before!

If anybody could do this type of challenge, it would be YOU! You have a way of making things look easy.
    Summer is ending and autumn is just beginning, and there's change in the air again. New chapter:
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2021/02/changing-seasons-autumn-iv-part-1.html
    and a promise of new people coming into the town.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @SamelaRita I'm thinking you have enough potential material to continue this story and renovacy for years to come (at least until you run out of room for run-down buildings in the world). Blake is being a rather clueless knight. I was hoping that wouldn't happen, but I guess I knew it would.

@ADWilson Enjoyed your ending. Love the new Pole puppy and his cute name. I guess it's not too surprising right now that "Uni isn't for everyone." A music career will be great for Ice, and May's future sounds exciting.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @suzses I do have a cut-off point in mind for the story in terms of writing it, though I might carry on playing it myself. But I'm still a fair way short of that point just in terms of gameplay, seeing as I'm trying to keep it to a realistic-ish pace. I do know how it ends though. Yep, I'm afraid Blake is a rather clueless knight: that was just how he developed. No malice in him, but he's a bit over-romantic sometimes.
    Thanks for commenting :) It's been a bit of a frustrating day (I am sooo tired of lockdown :s ) and the comment really cheered me up. B)
    Clara - egged on by Great Aunt Adelaide - is poking her very pretty nose into Honey and Frank's business.
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2021/03/changing-seasons-autumn-iv-part-2.html
    Hvae a nice weekend, folks! :)
    Enjoyed both chapters @SamelaRita :)
    One of the things I like about Saturday is this story. These Sims and the community they're building captures the imagination and tugs on our heartstrings. I don't mind the ending being a looong way down the road because the journey is filled with good things and interesting surprises.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top