The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Renovacy Challenge - a new (and short!) challenge.

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @Sonshine77 - Usually the download page on the exchange shows most of what you need. If you don't have something, it'll just be replaced. It shouldn't keep you from enjoying the challenge.
  • Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    edited September 2018
    Thanks Ciane! I was pretty tired last night and so didn't even think of doing that. I did buy most of the things she used though. I'm off to try it out.
    Post edited by Sonshine77 on
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Thank you @ciane for catching the question.

@Sonshine77 I'd have to know which download you were referring to? Although if it's the farm (Mojica) one, then that was built early s3 days so a quick double check shows 9 build buy items, the sims are a different story since they were created more recently.

The game will auto replace/remove anything you don't have, so it shouldn't be to big of a deal.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    Latest quilt picture, for those of you who've been watching it grow. 44 more blocks to make, and then I start sewing it together.
    czd43y.jpg

Your quilt looks amazing! That particular pattern is very tedious, but still simpler than curved piecing. :) I used to try my hand in quilting, but eventually gave it up.
    edited September 2018
    About the Midnight Sun challenge, I intend for one of the kids to invent solar panels (make believe since I do not have EA's items). Then they will have a limited source of electricity. I wish EA would feature these solar panels and/or wind generators again. I just added a 2nd story to the house so now they have the "basement" and 2 levels above. The mom wants to grow a forbidden fruit so I have her doing gene splicing experiments to get it. I plan to use the "tend garden" to harvest it though so I don't get a plant sim.

ETA: I also have them on the celeb list and so they get a number of gifts that I mostly sell. So far, a couple that they've gotten are 2 of the most expensive non futuristic cars available!
    Post edited by Sonshine77 on
    Thank you @ciane for catching the question.

@Sonshine77 I'd have to know which download you were referring to? Although if it's the farm (Mojica) one, then that was built early s3 days so a quick double check shows 9 build buy items, the sims are a different story since they were created more recently.

The game will auto replace/remove anything you don't have, so it shouldn't be to big of a deal.

Thanks! I did buy most of the items that I need. I want to finish the Midnight Sun challenge and then I'll do yours.
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @Sonshine77 Thanks for the compliment on the quilt! It's all made from left-over bits from my mother's and my sewing over the years - some of my mother's fabrics are bits from nearly sixty years ago. She downsized and we had to help her to get rid of stuff, so I took a load of fabric. I don't do curved piece quilting as it's waaay too hard!
    @Sonshine77 Thanks for the compliment on the quilt! It's all made from left-over bits from my mother's and my sewing over the years - some of my mother's fabrics are bits from nearly sixty years ago. She downsized and we had to help her to get rid of stuff, so I took a load of fabric. I don't do curved piece quilting as it's waaay too hard!

That's what women used to do! That's where we get "crazy quilts" from. Women used bits and pieces of leftover fabric from making clothing and other things. :)
    edited September 2018
    On my Midnight Sun challenge, I had Suzuki master martial arts and got up to breaking space rock blocks. One of the gems he got was a tiberium! They're gonna be rolling in the dough by the time 5th gen comes, LOL

Tiberium must be fairly new in the space rock blocks though. A couple of years ago, I had one of the Alvi boys master martial arts and do space rock breaking and never got a tiberium. He got everything else, but not a tiberium.
    edited October 2018
    Sonshine77 wrote: »

That's what women used to do! That's where we get "crazy quilts" from. Women used bits and pieces of leftover fabric from making clothing and other things. :)

I did a classic english quilt in hexagons with left-overs too - the log cabin style is more american, I think - all hand-sewn which took ages, but looks great now it's done. I need to get this current one finished though, as it's a Christmas present for my niece. No simming today for a while - I need to go sew!
    Hope you have a good end-of-week and a great weekend too. :)
    edited October 2018
    I loved to see a pic of the log cabin style you did. Good luck finishing that quilt now. I will miss your updates though!
    I did find lots of examples for the log cabin style and love it. See here:
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/301741243767723141/
    ciane wrote: »
    I loved to see a pic of the log cabin style you did. Good luck finishing that quilt now. I will miss your updates though!

Thanks! I've got most of the next chapter done, but not all of it...and I find I need a decent stretch of time to write, otherwise it just gets very choppy in style. I'm hoping to finish the chapter soon, but I'm not holding my breath :s 44 quilt blocks to go, and then it's the sewing togwther, which isn't as lengthy in some ways.
    Hope you have a really good weekend! The daqys are getting noticeably shorter here now, so we have to remember to grab the daylight while we can get out into it. We're planning a winter holiday in the sunshine though :)
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Hi everyone!

I started the Warehouse Reno, but then I got caught up in the Mars Challenge for Build n Share, then we took a short trip to Branson, Mo. That was a lot of fun. We went to a small zoo where they encourage you to interact with the animals. I got to hold a baby kangaroo and feed a bunch of camels. Two things off my bucket list that I never even thought of putting on it!! The animals were all so very gentle and we had a blast.

Anyways, I'll be going back to the warehouse soon.

@SamelaRita Your quilt is beautiful. I have mine almost done, I still haven't found the perfect backing yet, I'm thinking of using fleece this time.

26634185127_8ef6ffa0b5_z.jpg
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    What LOVELY quilts, @SamelaRita and @Kgaff
    Both of you are quite talented in this area which comes as no surprise since you're creative/talented with your builds and storytelling :smiley:
    @Kgaff Your quilt is gorgeous! I love the colours, and the style too - that's really clever layout. I like the way you've mixed stripes and florals and checks and made the colour do the talking.
    @ciane Love the picture - that's seriously complicated log cabin - my blocks are all just half blue, half white, so the skill at the end will be getting the final layout just so, but I'm not trying to make a complex pattern on the way.
    @ADWilson Thanks for the compliment! :) If there was a blushing emoji, I'd have picked that one.
    I also love the way you laid out the colors on your quilt @kgaff and I'm looking forward to reading your warehouse story and seeing what your YAs decided to do differently than mine. :smile:
    @SamelaRita :blush:
    edited October 2018
    @ciane Where did you find the blushing emoji?
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member

I finally got started on the writing for the Warehouse Reno

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16763572/#Comment_16763572
    Yay, I have something to read again! :smiley:
    edited October 2018
    Sonshine77 wrote: »
    I did a classic english quilt in hexagons with left-overs too - the log cabin style is more american, I think - all hand-sewn which took ages, but looks great now it's done. I need to get this current one finished though, as it's a Christmas present for my niece. No simming today for a while - I need to go sew!

Wow! You are ambitious to to all that sewing by hand! I don't think I'd have the patience for that, lol. I don't even have the patience to do hand applique, lol My eyesight isn't the best either now. Getting cataract surgery the first week of next month.

Your quilt is beautiful! Have a great week!
    Thanks for the compliment on the quilt! It's all made from left-over bits from my mother's and my sewing over the years - some of my mother's fabrics are bits from nearly sixty years ago. She downsized and we had to help her to get rid of stuff, so I took a load of fabric. I don't do curved piece quilting as it's waaay too hard!

Wow! You are ambitious to to all that sewing by hand! I don't think I'd have the patience for that, lol. I don't even have the patience to do hand applique, lol My eyesight isn't the best either now. Getting cataract surgery the first week of next month.

Your quilt is beautiful! Have a great week!
    Good luck on your cataract surgery. I know Gma was very excited when she had hers. She was reading all the road signs to us afterwards!
    Thanks Ciane!
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn

I got a bit bored w/that Midnight Sun challenge so I decided to take up yours. Just started last night. Sold all of the brush and dead trees, some of the decos and the horse stall. That gave me enough money to expand the bathroom to make room to put the tub in there and to create a bedroom for the kids and to recolor some of the things and to buy some oil lamps. I will also be buying a table and chair and a "typewriter." Haven't made a nursery yet. I didn't look at their skills yet, but whoever does not have the gardening skill will probably get put on writing and the other one writing when the garden is caught up. I got curious though and was wondering who the father of the unborn baby is?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top