Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Renovacy Challenge - a new (and short!) challenge.

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Loved the official wrap up. It was nice closure! I also love the way you added on to the side of the barn. Nice expansion!
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Thanks @ciane I had planned a wider greenhouse on the side but in the end loved the way it worked out.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    ciane wrote:
    Just as winter often comes early, so too I guess does spring! Enjoy it while it lasts.

Winter came back again, lol. I did enjoy the one day. I guess even here, we enjoy a mid winter thaw from time to time.
    edited September 2018
    I finished w/the Orphanage. The youngest kids have just started their teens. Also, Rose and Vjay have hit it off and started a romantic relationship. The small house in the back is the greenhouse. Here are the pics:

29687674267_03502e5683_m.jpgOrphanage House Front

30756113088_b61d6da39f_m.jpgOrphanage House Side and Back

29687674157_1dd3e38426_m.jpg[Orphanage House Girl's Bedroom

44626548981_6edb00626d_m.jpgOrphanage House Boy's Room

44626548831_71a8f409e2_m.jpgOrphanage House Kitchen

30756113198_5861eb466e_m.jpgOrphanage House Laundry Room and Bathroom Off the Kitchen

43716814825_987e038994_m.jpgOrphanage House Living Room and Bath
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @Sonshine77 The kitchen's my favourite of the rooms - it looks like such a friendly place to sit and eat. Loved all the rooms (and the flowers outside too), but that's my favourite. Thanks for posting :)
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn Loved the end of the story! And the way you narrated it all the way through...really enjoyed the style. The barn looked great too. And I've never had anyone chase a burglar either...what fun ;)
    @ciane I caught up with the warehouse wrap - it looks amazing, and I would never have thought of the greenhouse in the garden (but I'm bookmarking the idea). I like how it was all funded...I'm saving your next one for my next break :D
    @Sonshine77 - Wow! Your orphans really are living in luxury! I love the look to the front of the house with its taller section and wing.
    @ciane I like Lilah's house - and the tropical setting suits it perfectly.
    Busy day ahead here - it's not due to rain today so I'm planning to spend it in the garden as much as I can, tidying it up and putting it to bed for the winter (oh, and planting bulbs for the spring, and moving plants around, and preparing the ground for the new apple trees I want to buy in the next couple of weeks...) - and I need to attack the huge pile of dishes that somehow appeared the other day: all the stuff that won't go in the dishwasher. And then there's the quilt - I've tacked the centre squares into the next dozen blocks. Hmm - the more I write here, the more I realise that I need to get a jazz on with my day ;)
    I hope you have a really good day - and that your husband doesn't have any more late-night downed-powerlines calls! That sounds like a pretty heroic job in my book.
    My husband loves to respond to emergencies. He works in security and is on call for going to places in need like the hurricane that hit Houston a while back. I love that he is so very caring and helpful!

Wow, yes you have a very busy time ahead.

Hubby mowed the day before yesterday and trimmed yesterday and it looks like it will rain again today. I am hopeful that it'll only be another light rain and that the real thunderstorms wait for this weekend. I couldn't empty any water from the tanks until the yard work was done. So, again, I can't catch any more rain until I do some more watering.

I have finished Lilah's story and renovation. I just need to upload the pics and tell her story. I think you'll all be surprised with the direction her life has taken.

I finally finished. I think you'll like it.
    https://2sim3.wordpress.com/other/mad/lilah/l3

Now I'm back to Build and Share's Mars Project!
    I think you did an awesome job Ciane! It really does look amazing.
    @ciane The horse is gorgeous - and so's the view from the house. Great ending, and a nice twist as well with the horse. The house looks lovely, and I wouldn't mind living in it myself...
    Got my back lawn mowed, but not the front one, and it's rained today, so the grass is wet again. Maybe over the weekend...The strawberry/leek bed is nicely weeded (I got given some baby leeks. In between the strawberry plants was the only place thre was space to put them. It's a small garden), and the herb bed is next on the list - I'm busy trimming back the very shaggy lavender hedge that surrounds it. You sound like you're having major downpours when it rains! Here it just drizzles steadily for a couple of hours, and thunderstorms are rare.
    Hope you have a lovely weekend :)
    Thank you!
    We had to wait for the grass to dry to mow here too. Fortunately, hubby mowed front and back at one time instead of his norm of front first one day and back days later.
    You've been really busy in your garden. Mine has mostly been taken over now, but the weather usually doesn't get that cold here, so I don't have to worry about covering up anything any time soon. :smile:
    Enjoy your weekend too! I'll me making some astronaut/scientists to move into my Mars build ans see what happens.
    Chapter 8 is finished - link here:
    http://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2018/09/a-nice-quiet-life-chapter-8.html
    I'm hoping chapter 9 will be quicker...but there's so much else going on at the moment as well! Much as I love simming, sometimes it has to take second place. :/ I know, it doesn't seem right, does it!
    Another "well worth the wait" chapter! I am ever hopeful of a very happy ending for all of them!
    @ciane You might be right there...I have more plot planned: it's just getting it done that's proving hard! Thanks for the encouraging comments :)

ciane wrote: »
    Thank you!
    We had to wait for the grass to dry to mow here too. Fortunately, hubby mowed front and back at one time instead of his norm of front first one day and back days later.
    You've been really busy in your garden. Mine has mostly been taken over now, but the weather usually doesn't get that cold here, so I don't have to worry about covering up anything any time soon. :smile:
    You're lucky to not be in an area where it is super cold. I do live in that kind of area (MN), lol. Our garden is mostly put to sleep now except for the winter squash which will be brought in at the first hard frost which will kill the plant. My hubby typically also mows front and back separately b/c he is disabled. He finally broke down and bought a rider this year b/c of his disability which seems to be getting worse.

I took a little break from this and started a challenge where the sim is isolated on an island by him/herself on a 10x10 lot and the smallest houseboat. He/she needs to travel to find a mate and each sim in the family needs to travel. Each one is allowed to travel 3 times to find a mate or to get supplies and books. I'm not sure how a story would work around this, lol. Maybe a "magic portal" where they are only allowed to travel through a limited number of times. No max sized families for this one! lol I carried it a bit further and they do not have any electricity at all. So kerosene lamps and eating fish and produce that they catch or harvest and roast in the campfire and growing plants inside in planters b/c there is no room otherwise. If there was an animation for it, I'd have them manually pump water, lol. Anyway, it's called "Isle of the Midnight Sun" challenge.

Latest quilt picture, for those of you who've been watching it grow. 44 more blocks to make, and then I start sewing it together.
    czd43y.jpg
    Oh, that is looking awesome. LOVE it!

@Sonshine77 - The weather here is usually so hot that you have to wait to mow until later in the day. Then, it gets too dark to mow the back after finishing the front!

Lately though, the lawn is wet in the morning when it'd be cooler to mow; so we have to wait for it to warm up to dry the grass! What a crazy weather change we'll experienced! We had temps in the 100s in May and now we've actually gotten an inch of rain in a day when we'd normally be lucky to get a quarter of an inch!

Also, your new challenge sounds interesting. I know another simmer who did that sort of challenge and wrote about it. Have fun with it! I like the idea of a small lot and a tiny boat! Seclusion would be a nice change of pace too with a few chances to venture out for adventure! Sounds really fun.
    @Sonshine77 I like that idea too - and of having to be so creative with the space as well. Must finish my current story, because I'm getting nearer the end, but then I might try that with pictures only. Maybe there's something symbiotic about the island which means that the inhabitants can't be away for too long or they fall ill and die...Some sort of spore in the air or something.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Sonshine77 wrote: »
    ciane wrote: »
    Thank you!
    You're lucky to not be in an area where it is super cold. I do live in that kind of area (MN), lol. Our garden is mostly put to sleep now except for the winter squash which will be brought in at the first hard frost which will kill the plant. My hubby typically also mows front and back separately b/c he is disabled. He finally broke down and bought a rider this year b/c of his disability which seems to be getting worse.

I took a little break from this and started a challenge where the sim is isolated on an island by him/herself on a 10x10 lot and the smallest houseboat. He/she needs to travel to find a mate and each sim in the family needs to travel. Each one is allowed to travel 3 times to find a mate or to get supplies and books. I'm not sure how a story would work around this, lol. Maybe a "magic portal" where they are only allowed to travel through a limited number of times. No max sized families for this one! lol I carried it a bit further and they do not have any electricity at all. So kerosene lamps and eating fish and produce that they catch or harvest and roast in the campfire and growing plants inside in planters b/c there is no room otherwise. If there was an animation for it, I'd have them manually pump water, lol. Anyway, it's called "Isle of the Midnight Sun" challenge.

Yep, B's story is going well, gen 4 but not the heir has just been introduced. Lilah has the option of that challenge. If you are using the challenge creators island, go over it carefully, B had to move her sims to a different island, and off of the houseboat due to game mechanic issues, just a little heads up. :)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    Sonshine77 wrote: »

Yep, B's story is going well, gen 4 but not the heir has just been introduced. Lilah has the option of that challenge. If you are using the challenge creators island, go over it carefully, B had to move her sims to a different island, and off of the houseboat due to game mechanic issues, just a little heads up. :)

I've not had any problems at all w/the original island. I did add one more empty 10x10 lot so I could place a butterfly spawner and have a space to stand for catching deathfish (again I had to place the spawner). I used nraas Register to get rid of the mailman, paper delivery child, and other things. This is the only editing I've had to do. Kind of funny, the mailman still shows up, then swims to the vacant lot and disappears, LOL. So far, they have a bit more than $50k. It seems as though the treasure chests in the scuba diving spots regenerate after she collects them. Nice! I decided on just 1 child per gen b/c of the space issue. Their son is currently working on his swimming/snorkeling and fishing. I found out though, that snorkeling is a hidden skill for kids.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    So many sweet stories to read! SIMTASTIC!!

@ciane ~ My, my! You have certainly been busy. The warehouse renovation turned out wonderfully. Lilah's home and story was a fun read, too.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn ~ Love how your Yeovil renovation progressed/ended. Lilah Cobb looks like another winner in the renovation "garden" ... looking forward to giving it a go!

@SamelaRita ~ Comments were left on your blog, but another mention is worth it. <3 how "Old Paint Sample" is bringing color to Miss Grey's world. Difficult to decide if I feel sorry for Ms. Gatti and her unique situation or annoyed by her lack of ensuring her cats are trained.

@Sonshine77 ~ You've been busy too and I've enjoyed seeing pictures of your renovation adventures! Like the others, I read the "Isle of the Midnight Sun" story by our mutual SimFriend. I think it's okay to get creative and make "home rules" if one is more interested in telling a particular story or building a certain way and following the rules as they are is fine too. I think it depends on what outcome you're hoping for. Good Luck with it :)
    Mmdrgntobldrgn, I'm going to try out your renovation challenge. I just d/led it from the exchange. I'm wondering though which items from the store does it contain. I have many items, but need to know which one you used.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top