Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chasing the 10x10 Legacy

Hey Simmers, so I originally posted this in general discussion but realized it'd be better suited here. I'll just leave the link to the old discussion here https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920766/chasing-the-10x10-legacy#latest
And post new updates in this discussion.
~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~

Comments

• Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    ~Backstory Volume 3, Niko's Line~
    So Niko's line is a little different in how it started from those of his siblings. For one, he is one of the few of my sims to marry a townie. When he moved out of Ginger's nest in Willow Creek, I took a gamble and moved him in Windenburg. I had at that point, just gotten Get Together and had not yet lived in Windenburg. Niko later married Candy Behr (they were an awesome couple by the way).
    He was an athlete and she kept DJing. Together they had Rocky. He was probably one of the biggest surprises I've had, his father Niko had black hair and Candy, lightest blonde. Then Rocky is born and I'm expecting black hair or maybe a darker blonde, if that's the way genetics swing. But no, this child had the lightest blonde hair!
    So Rocky grows up in Windenburg, with no relatives near by. Slowly all of the townies died off and he and his family were left alone in Windenburg. But that was boring so I moved some aunts and uncles into the surrounding houses for company. Rocky eventually becomes a YA, and I create him a wife. She had darker blonde hair and Rocky had his light blonde hair.
    Together they had Celia. She was pretty, I won't lie, she had curves and light blonde hair and I believe gray eyes. She grew up and had friends back in Willow Creek and had a happy life. Her family continued to live in Candy Behr's house. Her mom was a stay at home mom and Rocky was I believe a chef.
    She eventually became a YA. She married a guy name Anthony who I created. Now the story gets fun. I created him to be a bad boy with his backwards hat and slouchy pants. He had a swagger walk and was a party animal and bro. Obviously Rocky did not approve. And Celia and Anthony's relationship did take a bit to get off the ground, but they did end up really liking each other. However they did not wed right away as they both were free spirits. But they did have a child. Beatrice, but I call her Bea. She was beautiful. Like my most beautiful sim in my game. She had gray green eyes and black hair like her dad. But the ironic thing was that, while Celia was pretty, Bea didn't look like her mom. She didn't really look like her dad either. So I got curious recently and started looking at her family tree, and I realized she looked like a mix of her dad and Candy Behr! It was so crazy that she would look like her great-grandmother.
    So Bea grows up and she eventually gets married. But I began to see that the family had outgrown Candy Behr's house and decided to uproot the family and move them to a bigger house, but still in Windenburg. I moved them into the old Munch home. Bea and her husband there have a daughter, Piper. When Piper became a child it was evident she looked like her mom.
    But when Piper became a YA, her and her mom were like twins. Piper then married and her and her husband had Nathanial. He recently became a toddler.
    ~Backstory Volume 4, Nigella's Line~
    So Nigella was originally one of favorite sims she was born at about the half way point of my 100 Baby Challenge. She actually married into a family. She married a sim I created as a part of a family. Dahlia Tidwell was the mother of 2 kids, a son and a daughter. Dahlia, Nigella and her husband moved into a small but cute house in Willow Creek, right next to Ginger and her baby factory. (Sorry Ginger, but it's true, you had 70 kids...) So Nigella got married and welcomed a son, Tate. I didn't name him but the name seemed funny so I didn't change it. However, I quickly learned that the cute little house I had built was far to small for an expanded family.
    So Tate grew up, he was closer to the middle of the pack legacy wise, so there was more children in the town for him to play with him. Tate eventually became a YA but, I was quite busy as I was trying to juggle more families then I'd ever handled before, so I did not get him married right away.
    But when he was an adult, he did finally marry, to a woman Lillian Quick. She was pretty, but she was a firecracker. She had bright blue hair, tattoos and a love for crop tops. Obviously Nigella wasn't impressed. But she was nearly gone, so Tate did not care.
    Together Tate and Lillian had a son Theodore. He was cute, blonde like Tate and Nigella. My sims have a tendency to not take the genes of the sims I've created and instead look like all of their ancestors.
    So eventually Theodore was ready to be married. However I decided first, it would be good to buy a new house. So I did, and they moved to Oasis Springs. They moved into Zoey Patel and J Huntington III's house. They were only the second family in the legacy to ever venture into Oasis Springs, Winnie being the first.
    It was nice the house had plenty of room to expand the family, so Theodore got married. Kathleen Banister, she was brunette and was an aspiring mixologist.
    Together, they had Laurel. Also blonde. Nothing I threw into the gene pool could get rid of the blonde hair gene apparently. Laurel was a good girl, sweet, had lots of friends (granted they were all her cousins) she was laid back.
    She eventually became a YA and had a nice backyard wedding with lots of guests and an excellent cake baked by her mother. She married a nice red-head, Ian Wolfe. He wanted to be a comedian and him and Laurel always laughed. Together they had Melody. She was a clingy toddler and had ginger hair. Finally I broke the blonde! She grew up in Oasis Springs surrounded by cousins who were her friends, as by that point Oasis Springs was nearly full of families.
    Melody is now one of the worlds only 3 teens, so she'll be one of the leaders of the next round of weddings and births.
    ~Backstory Volume 5, Reagaen's Line~
    Reagean was a really good sim growing up, she was friendly and very good in school. She eventually matured and left the nest, and moved into the old Goth home. She married a guy in the first big wedding I threw. Ginger came, her siblings came, a couple nieces and nephews came, it was fun. The wedding was held on the back patio of the Goth house.
    A few days after the wedding Reagaen gave birth. To my surprise, she had twins. She was the first of my legacy Sims to have twins. She had a boy, girl pair. The were named Ellen and Allen. Allen had dark blonde hair and Ellen had brown hair like her mom.
    Eventually, Ellen and Allen became YAs. They had back to back back patio weddings. A few days after the festivities Ellen have birth and, to my surprise, another boy-girl set of twins! She named them Scott and Cali. Scott had light blonde hair like his dad and Cali had brown hair and looked a lot like Ellen. Then Allen's wife Elena have birth. And boom, fraternal twins! Two dark red haired girls with bright blue eyes. Maria and Luna were their names. Luna from the get-go was always mean and Maria was quieter, nicer and more laid back. Maria looked a lot like Allen but Luna was all Elena.
    So by this point the house was very crowded even with it being a large house. I began to worry that I was going to have to split up Reagean's family, seeing as twins were so common. Sure enough, the day came. Cali and Scott and Maria and Luna became YAs.
    Maria and Luna left their family's home and moved to the light green home just below the Goth mansion. Then it was time for weddings. Scott was first. He married Jennifer, she had dark brown hair cropped hair. She actually had a guys hair cut, which I did while I was messing around in CAS and she, unlike most girl Sims, pulled it off very well. She was probably the prettiest sim I've created in CAS. Or at least my favorite CAS sim.
    Anyway! They got married, in a very large chaotic wedding as we had a full guest list and everyone was very social. But it was fun. A few days after the wedding, I began preparing for Cali's wedding. She had just gotten engaged and the sim night before the wedding, Jennifer have birth. To triplets. And then all my plans were foiled. With now 7 people in the household and Cali still without children, I was faced with the hard decision of splitting up Ellen's kids. But I knew it was the best decision so after Cali's wedding I moved her and her husband out To the other premade mansion in that neighborhood.
    Suddenly Cali was living in a big house with the smallest family she's ever lived with. It was kinda sad just playing as her and her husband Parker. But, I assumed with the family's history, the house would fill up quick.
    But it didn't. Cali only had a single daughter, Alayna. I call Alayna Ginger's mini-me because in a lot of ways she does look like Ginger. So they house stayed pretty empty for awhile.
    Next was Allen's twins' weddings. I created husbands for Maria and Luna and soon enough it was Maria's wedding day. I scheduled the wedding with a full guest list and... No one showed up. No one. Like not even her parents. But, none the less, she got married. After the wedding I tried to get Maria pregnant. That's when the problems began, little did I know they'd only escalate. Maria took 3 tries to get pregnant.
    A few days after Maria's wedding it was time for Luna's wedding. Again, no one came. Thanks family, so supportive. After Luna's dud of a wedding I tried to get her pregnant. But she to, took 3 tries. But I wasn't bothered by it, I figured it was a fluke.
    After a few days, Maria have birth to Brittany. Soon after, Luna gave birth to Savannah. Both had dark red hair. So originally I had thought Luna was mean. But No, Savannah took it to a new level. She took it so far as to get in a fight with Elder Darling Walsh at Brittany's wedding. By the bar. (she got her butt kicked to) Brittany afterwards tried to get pregnant. But it took 2 tries. I began to realize this may be a trend I may have to deal with with this branch of the family.
    Next was Savannah. Oh boy was it bad. I made her a boyfriend sim but OMG. They were both evil and mean. Eventually I gave up and decided even if I can't get her married I should be able to get her pregnant.
    But I couldn't. 4 tries. No luck. No baby. No heir. I was so frustrated that I took her boyfriend out to town to prove that HE could make babies. Coincidentally, the Love Festival was going on that day. So we took him down to the festival for romance. He drank some flirty tea and flirted with Eva Nair, a townie who worked the festival booth. She really like him so he took her on a date to one of Windenburg's night clubs. And they tried for a baby in a closet. I quick added her to the family so she could take a pregnancy test, and boom, she's pregnant.
    This made me so mad! I couldn't believe that my legacy sim couldn't get pregnant because of herself. It was very frustrating but also disheartening because, I needed an heir.
    But I decided to walk away. I took a break and worked on her cousins. Then when nearly everyone else had had babies and had been married, I decided to try one more time. I increased her and her boyfriend's romantic relationship and got them engaged. Then I tried for a baby one more time, and surprise, first try, she was pregnant. She now had a toddler son named Connor. Brittany's daughter Eva is now a child.
    Scott's triplets were identical girls; Amber, Sophia and Mia.
    Sophia, Amber and Mia posed a challenge that I hasn't yet faced. With their husbands they would total 6 sims. But only 8 can live in a household. So I had to split the family even further and force the triplets to branch out. Amber and Mia took up residency in Oasis Springs which doubled the active households in that world instantly. However, that meant Amber and Mia had to start over and they couldn't afford much. Amber chose to have a private wedding and Mia had a small wedding. Sophia had a big Jaramillo wedding on the back patio of the family's historic home.
    Later Sophia had Ismael, Amber had twins Riley and Howard, Mia had Jocelyn.
    Then Alayna was set to wed. Her wedding went I'm, people at least came and their were no fights, but while she and her fiance were saying their vows, the game glitches and the wedding was stuck and wouldn't end, slowly family members began to starve, people peed themselves, people started to pass out. Finally everything was fixed by reseting the bride and groom and getting married again. So the wedding went ok but the family nearly died and Sophia went into labor mid-wedding. But it went overall ok. Sorta.
    Finally Alayna had a set of boy-girl twins, Patrick and Karina.
    Now, Patrick, Karina and Connor are toddlers. Eva, Ismael, Riley, Howard, and Jocelyn are children.
    And that friends is how 2 Sims can quickly fill a save by just having twins.
    This is why I usually stick to one pregnancy per couple because 2 Sims can quickly become 30+ sims.
    ~Backstory Volume 6, Sampson's Story~
    Sampson was a typical sim in a 100 Baby Challenge, raised surrounded by siblings. By the time he was a YA, he had a few nieces and nephews. He moved into the old Spencer-Kim house in Willow Creek. Sampson married just a few days after he moved out, as my turn-around time was getting better. He had a large wedding on his back porch. Sampson pursued a career as a chef. Soon after their wedding Sampson and his wife had a daughter, Christie.
    Christie was a good sim, she had lots of friends. She grew up in a really nice house and she made it her goal to make it the most expensive house in the town. So when she became a YA, she worked towards the mansion baron aspiration. She later achieved it after her wedding which she invited all of her friends to.
    A few days later she have birth to Landyn. Landyn lived a very comfortable life in a $350,000 home. However, for such a large house, it was quite empty.
    The problem I was seeming to face, was that my sims had these big houses, But their houses were largely empty. A 4 bedroom house with 3 sims. It was something I was missing from playing as Ginger with my 100 Baby Challenge, the activity. With a house of 1 adult and 7 kids, there's always activity. But when playing as a legacy family, it can get boring at times when no one needs anything and all that there's left to do is watch tv or paint. But by adding more families I was able to remedy this, with 12 families I was always busy and life never stopped.
    So Landyn eventually matured. He took up a career in tech and his wife gardened. Their wedding was pretty cool. Vikram came. Only problem was Christie got stuck behind the staircase during the wedding. Oh and everyone had to pee. That's something I see at a lot of the weddings, I invite people over and hope for a good time, and everyone needs to use the bathroom.
    But never the less, Landyn got married, and their wedding got a good rating. Soon after Landyn's wife gave birth to a daughter, Isabelle.
    Isabelle was a pretty popular sim among the family, she was friends with pretty much everyone her age. She was also very beautiful and had a swagger about her. She found it quite easy to forge a strong relationship and was quickly married. Their wedding was a hit and everyone had fun. But seeing as caterers NEVER show up, all the guests ate grilled cheese because Landyn, unlike his mother couldn't cook. But who doesn't love grilled cheese? After the wedding Isabelle tried for a baby. But unfortunately, it was not a cake walk. It took 3 tries before she finally became pregnant.
    A few days later, she welcomed a daughter she named Janine. Janine is now a toddler.
    ~Backstory Volume 7, Samantha's Line~
    Whoop past the half way point of backstories!
    So Samantha, she been a sim I really liked from the very beginning because she born as part of my only set of identical twins. To this day, Sam and Tatiana remain the only identical twins I've had. I've had 2 sets of identical triplet girls but only 1 set of identical twins.
    So Samantha and Tatiana grew up in Ginger's house with many siblings, but they weren't very close with anyone but themselves. They became best friends as children and remained best friends until death. (They even had their weddings on the same day, back to back.) Throughout their entire lives they always dressed (nearly) identical. They wore the same outfit but one wore red and the other wore blue. Even their wedding dresses were red and blue!
    When it was time for Sam and Tati to leave the house they chose to live together in a custom house built next to the old Goth house. It had 1 living room and 1 kitchen but 2 sets of bedrooms and 2 sets of children's rooms. The rooms were styled identically except one was red and one was blue.
    I created a set of identical twin guys to be their husbands, in the hopes their children would come out similar. Boy was I wrong. Soon after the twin's weddings they delivered two kids.
    Samantha had Leigh. (Whether it's pronounced like "lay" or "lee" I'm not sure, I've always called her "lay".) Leigh was medium skinned like her dad and had her dad's light brown hair. She was really curvy, with wide hips and a large chest and a really tiny waist. This body shape came as a surprise because Sam was really thin and her dad Jed was thin with an athletic build. Sam also had a very flat chest, so how Leigh ended up so busty is anyone's guess.
    Life went good in the shared house, Leigh always had a cousin to play with and had a really good relationship with her mom. Sam always prepared home cooked meals in the family's large kitchen and the 6 of them ate together at their kitchen table.
    But, Leigh couldn't stay a teen forever, and she eventually became a YA. So I made the decision to move Samantha, Jed, Tatiana, and Jer out of the family's house and into a smaller retirement home. I created a future spouse for Leigh, Justin Hurd. He was a really sweet sim, messy dark brown hair and a bold printed sweater. But the more I played with him and Leigh, the more they seemed more like friends than lovers. They became best friends within just a few days of knowing each other and romance just didn't seem to make sense.
    So I tried with a fleeting romance, a one night fling between best friends. And on that night Leigh became with pregnant.
    Leigh and Justin continued to be best friends but never wed.
    Together they raised a daughter, Kathy. She looked like Leigh feature wise but she had dark hair like her dad. Kathy was raised in a town overrun with Jaramillo kids. She had an abundance of people to be friends with and she was a part of clubs and hung out with a lot of her cousins.
    Kathy eventually became a YA and decided to get married. Of course this required me to first move her parents and Javier(Tatiana's son) and his wife out. When they were moved out, I created a husband for Kathy. They built a relationship and had a big wedding with lots of guests. They got a silver rank wedding. Soon after they welcomed twins! This came as a surprise to me as while Sam and Tati had been identical twins, nobody in their lines had had twins since. But none the less I was happy, twins are cool! Kathy had fraternal twin girls Beth and Ryan. Yeah until Ryan was a child I legitimately thought she was a boy. But nope, Kathy just gave her daughter a predominantly male name.
    Beth and Ryan were good kids as most are, they had friends, but as I progressed farther into my legacy, I could see the groups of same age sims splitting. There was the early team, the ones who were born in the first half of the round of births and the late team, those born in the second half. Their social clubs were even split this way, Adulthood Pending was the early team and they were only friends with early team kids and teens. Adulthood Pending 2.0 was the late team and they were rarely friends with anyone other than that group of 6 sims.
    Ryan and Beth were late team, so their friends were; Theodore's descendants, Tatiana's descendents, eventually Uma's decendents... Only the second half of the legacy families.
    But, eventually Ryan and Beth became YA's. They unfortunately now had to part ways with Tatiana's decendents. The house just couldn't house all 4 of the YA's and their spouses, and their kids.
    So Ryan and Beth packed up and moved to Oasis Springs! The town was now high populated with my families so there were plenty of people for them to socialize with. Ryan was able to forge a strong relationship quick and had a wedding just a couple of days of play. Her wedding was a hit and everyone had fun and enjoyed Ryan's well crafted cocktails. Afterwards Ryan tried for a baby and became pregnant.
    She, a few days later gave birth to twin girls, Audra and Averie.
    Beth took a little while longer to get married because after Ryan's wedding I chose to try to get Savannah pregnant again, so there was a few days between Ryan and Beth's weddings.
    But Beth did get married and later had a son she named Jim.
    Now Ryan and Beth live in a large Oasis Springs house with their husbands and combined 3 toddlers.
    ~Backstory Volume 8, Tatiana's Line~
    Tatiana is the identical twin of Samantha and they were life-long bestfriends. She moved into a custom built home with her sister and they both got married in the backyard of the home. After Tatiana's small wedding, which was only attended by Samantha and her husband, she got pregnant.
    Soon after she had Javier. He grew up with his cousin Leigh, and had friends in his extended family. He grew up very athletic.
    He later got married in a large wedding to Ellis. They were a match made in heaven. They went on dates to the cafe and Ellis made home cooked meals every day.
    Together, they had Connie. She was beautiful and bubby and had light orange hair. This was a bit of a shock as Ellis had dark red hair and Javier had black hair like his mother.
    Connie grew up with her cousin Kathy in a large house. She was good friends with Ginger's last child, Giana. She was a fashionista and very popular. She eventually became a YA.
    She got married in a large wedding surrounded by all of her childhood friends. A few days after her wedding She had twins, Victoria and Dorian. Dorian had ginger hair like his mother but features like his dad. Victoria looked A lot like Victoria but was blonde like her father.
    Victoria was a very shy girl but still had friends. She was friends most with her cousin's Kathy and Beth and Shaun. Dorian how ever quickly became mean. She was a kleptomaniac and evil. He was a menise and had several enemies.
    Victoria eventually became a YA, but she had to say good bye to her cousin's Beth and Kathy as they moved to Oasis Springs. However they stayed in touch and had group get togethers with other YAs.
    Victoria got married to Liam. They were really good friends and enjoyed playing video games and watching action tv.
    A few days later they had Logan. It was a little surprising they only had a singleton as with her being part of a set of twins, I was hoping for twins.
    Her twin brother Dorian however, chose to beat his own path and lived with a roomate Alexandria. He liked her, but she was not ready for marriage as she to was a klepto. She was invested in stealing from other men. However Dorian was committed to Alexandria and eventually she decided to change and now they have begin a relationship. They now live in a new house separate from Dorian's twin Victoria, with Alexandria's son from another relationship.
    ~Backstory Volume 9, Theodore's Line~
    Theodore was a pretty normal sim. Was friends with the siblings he lived with in Ginger's house, he got A's in school. When he moved out he moved into the house next door to Travis Scott.
    With Theodore's line I decided to go a different path. Theodore married an Alien. She was nice, Alisha Bird. She had purple skin and pink hair. Theodore and Alisha had a private wedding as most in the second generation did. Additionally, Theodore and his wife did not have as much money as some of his siblings did, so he led a simpler life.
    After the wedding Theodore and Alisha welcomed a daughter, Elisha. She was a hybrid so she had purple skin, but she had bright yellow blonde hair. How this happened, I don't know because he dad had black hair and her mother had pink hair.
    Elisha obviously stood out from her cousins because she was a hybrid, but it didn't stop her from having friends. She gained skill in mixology and took up a career in it. With her father and mother working as well as herself, they were able to upgrade their house to a two story.
    Elisha got married and with her husband, Peter she had a child. Dorian was her son and he had yellow blonde hair because both his mom and his dad had blonde hair. The next part of the story I often get messed up because, Kian was actually Elisha's brother but was only a few days older than her son Dorian, so I often forget that Kian is not Elisha's son.
    Dorian and Kian grew up together and enjoyed being raised by Elisha. Kian ended up being raised by his sister as Theodore and his wife died soon after Kian became a child.
    Dorian and Kian eventually became YAs. I decided to not get Kian married. However, Dorian, who was a human, did get married. His wife Kaylee was an Alien. This made his mom happy. She had dark blue skin and dark red hair.
    Soon after wedding in their backyard in front of friends and family, the couple welcomed a son, Shaun. Shaun was born a hybrid and got his mom's skin and hair colors.
    Shaun grew up in a town full of relatives and had many friends. He was especially friends with Kathy, Beth, Victoria and Dorian. While his mother painted and his father worked in tech, he chose to pursue a political career.
    He was finally ready to wed. He married an Alien with bright blue skin. They had a private backyard wedding in front of Shaun's parents. Quickly after the wedding Shaun's wife became pregnant and a few days later they had a son, Trace. Trace is an Alien with his mom's bright blue skin. He is currently a toddler and shares a house with only his parents and his grandmother.
    ~Backstory Volume 10, Uma's Line~
    Uma was born towards the end of Ginger's 100 baby crusade, and thus had a limited amount of siblings her age to hang out with. But she was still friends with people like Vance and Winifred. Uma was actually not originally going to be a part of the legacy, and before she had Maia, Vance and Winifred had already had children, thus rounding out the 10 families needed.
    However, Uma was pretty good looking and she'd always had a personality I really liked. She was rebellious and edgy. She had a dark blue braid with purple highlights and wore purple cat-eye glasses. She was just a sim that I loved to play. So when she was just a few days away from being an elder I made the on-the-fly decision to get her married and have her have a child.
    So she did. She married Kole Lacy-Decker. He was the son of Annabelle Lacy and Dayton Decker. They were a couple I had created and placed in my world for two purposes, have kids to be friends with my kids and have a guy who could be a baby donor for Ginger. So Annabelle had Kole and Ginger made Dayton cheat, so then Annabelle and Dayton divorced.
    However, Kole and Uma were a very good couple, they had fun together and got along very well. With the money Dayton left Kole they were able to upgrade their house greatly. They wed privately and soon after had Maia.
    However, Maia's life was not all sunshine and rainbows. Both of her parents died while she was a child and she was left being raised by an uncle. However she despised this uncle and felt alone. But she grew up strong and beautiful. She had ivory skin and black hair and perfect pouty lips. She looked like an angel.
    She became a YA and kicked her uncle to the curb. She then grew close to the husband I had created for her and they got married in a small wedding with some friends and family in attendance. Jasmine Bheeda was the bartender.
    Soon after they had a son, Antwan. He was the first child to be born in the most recent wave of weddings and births. He was also my first toddler after the addition of toddlers to the game.
    Nowadays, Antwan is a teen and is friends with Julian and Melody.
    ~Backstory Volume 11, Vance's Line~
    Vance's story starts out as any other child of Ginger. He was raised by Ginger in a house filled with kids and not a father in sight. His story started simply, but would later take a different turn. His father was Dayton Decker. The neighbor of Ginger who was originally married to Annabelle Lacy, who he had a son with, but divorced after his affair with Ginger was discovered by Annabelle.
    Now, Vance being the child of Dayton did not really matter, he had a half brother Kole. But, later when Kole was an adult he married Uma. This meant that Dayton Decker had two lines of the Jaramillo legacy originating from him. So Maia was actually the niece of Vance from both of her parents as Uma was his half sister and Kole was his half brother.
    Vance was a good sim from the get go, his family didn't have much money so he painted tirelessly in order to provide for his family. He married and had a son Everett.
    Everett grew up with friends and while his family lack material wealth he had a happy life with a painter father and a gardener mother. He grew into a YA and married and had a son, Branden, soon after. Everett was a mixologist and his wife was a chef. So growing up Branden always had good meals made from fresh ingredients from the family garden.
    When Branden was a YA the family had managed to save up enough to upgrade the house. They were able to furnish both bathrooms with mid-grade plumbing and they upgraded the bedrooms and added an office space as well as a nursery. He married a nice woman, Riley.
    Together they had Derrick. Derrick grew up in a better home than his father and grandfather and he appreciated this. He had friends in his cousins and especially his neighbor Maia.
    Nowadays, Derrick is a YA and had recently wed and is expecting a child in the near future.
    ~Backstory Volume 12, Winifred's Story~
    Yaaay! We've reached the end of the backstories! From now on I will be posting updates from my daily play.
    So Winifred, or Winnie as I call her, was born at the tail end of my 100 baby challenge. She grew up as an artist, like her mother. She was quiet and sweet. She grew up and being the second to last to start her legacy she was left with no option but live in Oasis Springs.
    So she left and married Brian, he was Asian and she had the lightest blonde hair, pale skin and light brown eyes. After their private wedding they looked to expand their family.
    Soon after their wedding they had a daughter, Brianne. I expected Brianne to have darker hair and skin like her dad but instead, she had pale blonde hair like her mom and her mom's eyes. Brianne grew up in a town where there was no one but a few elder uncles and aunts. So she had to travel out of town just to get to meet children her own age. She grew up eating home cooked meals, as her mom was a chef. Her father was a scientist. But she grew up very poor. It seemed no matter how hard they worked, they just couldn't afford much.
    As soon as she became a YA she began helping provide for her family. She wrote morning and night publishing books for small royalties. She needed to get married to continue the legacy but unfortunately, she had the unflirty trait. So getting her to develop a strong relationship with her future husband that I created for her was hard. But after a few days of taking things slow, Brianne got married in a private ceremony. Her mother continued to cook for the family, her signature dish was fish tacos. She cooked a lot of fish tacos because Brianne's husband was a advanced level fisher and he fished every day to provide for the family. Brianne continued to write and continued to write better books.
    A few days after her wedding, Brianne had a son, Darian.
    Darian looked just like his mom. Despite his father having ginger hair, Darian still had pale blonde hair like his mother. He also had his mother's brown eyes. Darian lived in a house where everyone worked hard and the results didn't really show until Darian was a teen. When he was a teen his family finally was able to afford a bigger house. Their new house had 3 good sized rooms instead of 2 small rooms. It also had 2 bathrooms instead of 1. It also had a writing office for Brianne to continue to write novels.
    Darian soon became a YA and married Anne Mast. Together they had Julian. Unfortunately, Brianne wouldn't be around forever so Darian had to step up and get a job and he worked hard in the garden to provide for the family. The day Julian became a toddler, Anne found out she was pregnant again. This was only the second time I had had a couple have a second pregnancy, with Theodore and Alisha being the first. By surprise, Anne gave birth to twin boys, Hank and Pawel. So in the end Darian and Anne had 3 sons. Julian is now one of the world's 3 teens and looks just like his dad. Hank and Pawel are children and Hank looks like his dad and Pawel looks like his mom.
    ~Update 7/6/17~
    Not much happened today. The only significant thing to happen today was that Derrick's wife Elle gave birth finally! She had a baby girl who was named Lauren. Lauren got settled into her nursery and Elle settled into motherhood. Derrick's father Branden decided to retire, as being an elder in the athletic career can prove difficult. Rylie, Derrick's mother became an elder, and continues to paint and garden. Derrick has started a tech career. Branden had finally decided to pursue his life time aspiration as has taken up writing.

I left off tending the toddlers in Beth and Ryan's house. I want to try to get their skills up because I'd like to unlock the special traits.
    ~Update 7/7/17~
    I played Beth and Ryan's household today and a few things happened. Both Beth and Ryan's husbands got promtions, and Ryan continues to gain piano skill. Beth has been tending the garden and breeding frogs.
    Audra and Averie aged up to children. Averie has level 2 creativity skill and level 1 social skill. Audra has level 2 motor skill and level 1 creativity and social skills. They both went to their first day of school.
    Jim is still a fussy toddler and is getting pretty high in the skill levels. He's at level 3 potty, movement and imagination skills. He's also got level 4 communication skill. He's going to age up in a sim day.
  • SisselinSisselin Posts: 150 Member
    Woah this seems amazing! Such devotion to be able to keep up soo many families and it is soo cool they are all related too! I think I have to try this challenge too =D
    Get my cc and follow me on tumblr here https://sisselin.tumblr.com/tagged/my cc
    tumblr_p44az47wrF1wvxve9o10_r1_1280.png
    @Sisselin It is a lot of fun, I do really enjoy it. But it can be time consuming, and sometimes downright frustrating. But, after 2 years of playing as the Jaramillo family, I don't think I could just stop it. I sometimes get busy a can't play for a week and after 2 years, I'd say I'm pretty attached, so if I miss a week of play, I miss them.
    It's a hard challenge, but I love it!
    @Sisselin It is a lot of fun, I do really enjoy it. But it can be time consuming, and sometimes downright frustrating. But, after 2 years of playing as the Jaramillo family, I don't think I could just stop it. I sometimes get busy a can't play for a week and after 2 years, I'd say I'm pretty attached, so if I miss a week of play, I miss them.
    It's a hard challenge, but I love it!

I'm prepping right now to start this challenge at the same time as two other ones so I'm excited ^-^
    @Sisselin Post pictures if you can, I'd love to see you go through this journey!
    I'm working on getting my MANY screenshots on here now so everyone can see the story progress.
    ~7/13/17 Update~
    Sorry for the late update, I've been quite busy with my cousin's graduation party, stuff with FFA and just life in general!

So since I updated last, Jim has become a child! Much Yay! He managed to get near max of most of his toddler skills, so I'm becoming more efficent. Hopefully the next toddler I raise I'll be able to unlock those special traits!
    When Jim became a toddler I chose the Social Butterfly aspiration because he had maxed the communication skill so he automatically had level 2 social skill. I also gave him the outgoing trait.
    Audra and Averie are still children and are already making friends. They recently had Howard (Amber's son) over for a play date. Audra is working on the motor skill and Averie is working on the creative skill.
    Audra and Averie are also part of a club made up of some of the children from the world.
    Cory, Beth's husband, is now an adult and is moving up the critique career.
    Liam, Ryan's husband, is also an adult and is moving up the tech career.

Most recently, I went back to work on Dorian and Alexandria. Alexandria's son is now a toddler and I'm working to improve his skills.
    I left off with Alexandria and Dorian working on their romantic relationship.
    @Sisselin Post pictures if you can, I'd love to see you go through this journey!
    I'm working on getting my MANY screenshots on here now so everyone can see the story progress.

I will make a story thread too =D I look forward to your pictures ^-^
    ~Update 7/17/17~
    Woo finally back!
    So play time has been few and far between lately, I have been quite busy! I literally spent 10+ hours baking over the past two days!

However, some progress has been made on the legacy front. Dorian now (ok almost) has an heir. Alexandria is pregnant with Dorian's baby, so in a sim day or so we'll have a baby. I'm excited because besides the fact their both amazing looking sims and are perfect partners in crime, they both have multiples in their families. Alexandria's first pregnancy (with a townie) resulted in identical triplets and Dorian is one of a set of fraternal twins, so fingers crossed we'll get a set of multiples!
    Toddler Jackson is doing well, improving his skills day by day. Dorian's been a great dad to him. Especially since Alexandria, though heavily pregnant, sees to it that not a sim day passes without terrorizing sims in the park.
    edited July 2017
    edited July 2017
    Ok I think I figured out how to post screenshots.
    Here's Branden talking to Rylie before they were married.
    rvSTDVA.png
    Here's Maia feeding Antwan when he was a toddler (he's currently engaged!)
    yBAwRjM.png
    Here's Alayna, having just peed herself during Callen's wedding... It's always this family's weddings that go south.
    4IpcIls.png
    Here's what I'm talking about, Sandra's wedding during which she caught the kitchen on fire making grilled cheese for her guests.
    vEjNjjF.png
    Christie getting ready to cut her wedding cake with her dad watching lovingly.
    PL7PrjB.png