Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Computer shutting off

The past few days my computer suddenly shuts itself off, while doing anything slightly "heavy", like playing games. There is no warning that anything out of the ordinary will happen. No game freeze or lag. It also won't turn on until some time has passed. Nothing happens when I press the button.

I've done a little testing. TS2 and TS4 = shut down. A few minutes in TS4 CAS, PC shuts down. Playing "casual" games (FB/Shockwave), browsing web is fine, can do that for hours. Have only tested Terraria on Steam so far, went fine as well. Opened Battle.net app, Diablo had an update. PC shuts off after about 10 minutes into update.

I have been running HWmonitor, and the temperatures don't seem to go that high. CPU never going above 57c as far as I've been able to see. The highest number I've seen from the GPU is 62c, when in TS4 CAS. Didn't load any household.

I opened the case yesterday, and removed some dust. There wasn't that much to be honest, but got rid of most of it. The fans seemed to move freely, although there are a couple (like the PSU) that I don't feel comfortable checking. I'm not very technical, and I'm afraid of breaking stuff.

I'm not sure what other info is needed, but I have a DxDiag file, and can also supply HWmonitor file if necessary.

Any input is greatly appreciated! I'm about to rip all my hair out in frustration. :|

Comments