Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chasing the 10x10 Legacy

Hey Simmers! I'm Patch__2008, but you can call me K. I've been playing the Sims 4 for nearly 2 years now and originally when I started playing I played a 100 Baby Challenge. However, I was not very successful and did not complete the challenge.

But from this misadventure blossomed a new goal! I began about a year ago to work towards the in-game achievement of the 10x10 legacy, and being as I am now a member of the forums, I have decided to share my journey with you.
~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~

Comments

• Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    I am currently playing a (very busy) rotation of 12 families, who are all related in some fashion or another! The "founders" of each branch of this legacy are all children of my matriarch from my 100 Baby Challenge, Ginger Jaramillo.

The families in my rotation began originally in Willow Creek, moving in to townies homes after leaving Ginger's nest. Seeing as Ginger had had children with all of the male townies already, I was left with little choice but to create spouses for my founders.

A year later, my families dominate not only Willow Creek but have dominated Oasis Springs and I have expanded to add one family to Windenburg. My world is made up almost entirely of my played sims and I play with little to no townies at all times.
    edited September 2017
    My legacy lines are as follows

*Irvine's Line*
    Ginger Jaramillo
    Irvine Jaramillo
    Madison Jaramillo
    Ashly Jaramillo
    Vikram Jaramillo
    Sandra Jaramillo
    Callen Jaramillo
    Makayla Jaramillo
    Marissa Jaramillo
    This line is on generation 9

*Felicity's Line*
    Ginger Jaramillo
    Felicity Jaramillo
    Rueban Jaramillo
    Dillion Jaramillo
    Danielle Jaramillo
    Jenny Jaramillo
    Farhan Jaramillo
    This line is on generation 7

*Niko's Line*
    Ginger Jaramillo
    Niko Jaramillo
    Rocky Jaramillo
    Celia Jaramillo
    Beatrice Jaramillo
    Piper Jaramillo
    Nathanial Jaramillo

*Nigella's Line*
    Ginger Jaramillo
    Nigella Jaramillo
    Tate Jaramillo
    Theodore Jaramillo
    Laurel Jaramillo
    Melody Jaramillo
    Mariana Jaramillo

*Reagaen's Line*
    Ginger Jaramillo
    Reagean Jaramillo
    Ellen & Allen Jaramillo
    Cali & Scott, Maria & Luna Jaramillo
    Alayna, Sophia & Amber & Mia, Brittany, Savannah Jaramillo
    Patrick & Karina, Ismael, Riley & Howard, Jocelyn, Eva, Connor Jaramillo
    Hadley, Israel, Agustin, Aubrie, Lee, Emmitt, Colleen Jaramillo

*Sampson's Line*
    Ginger Jaramillo
    Sampson Jaramillo
    Christie Jaramillo
    Landyn Jaramillo
    Isabelle Jaramillo
    Janine Jaramillo
    Kane Jaramillo

*Samantha's Line*(identical twin of Tatiana)
    Ginger Jaramillo
    Samantha Jaramillo
    Leigh Jaramillo
    Kathy Jaramillo
    Ryan & Beth Jaramillo
    Audra & Averie, Jim Jaramillo
    Kala Jaramillo (Averie's daughter)

*Tatiana's Line*
    Ginger Jaramillo
    Tatiana Jaramillo
    Javier Jaramillo
    Connie Jaramillo
    Victoria & Dorian Jaramillo
    Logan, Joey Jaramillo
    This line is on generation 6

*Theodore's Line*
    Ginger Jaramillo
    Theodore Jaramillo
    Elisha, Kian Jaramillo
    Dorian Jaramillo
    Shaun Jaramillo
    Trace Jaramillo

*Uma's Line*
    Ginger Jaramillo
    Uma Jaramillo
    Maia Jaramillo
    Antwan Jaramillo
    Keira Jaramillo
    This line is on generation 5

*Vance's Line*
    Ginger Jaramillo
    Vance Jaramillo
    Everett Jaramillo
    Branden Jaramillo
    Derrick Jaramillo
    Lauren Jaramillo

*Winifred's Line*
    Ginger Jaramillo
    Winifred Jaramillo
    Brianne Jaramillo
    Darian Jaramillo
    Julian, Hank & Pawel Jaramillo
    Waylon Jaramillo
    Post edited by Patch__2008 on
    ~Backstory Volume 1, Irvine's line~
    So, believe it or not, Irvine was not the first of Ginger's kids to have a kid! Irvine's half brother, Harvey got married and had twins before Irvine. Harvey was my test run of sorts, while I was still cultivating the idea of pursuing this achievement. However, as you may have noted, Harvey's line died out and his twins, Jeff and Dakota had no kids.
    Irvine was one of my firstish kids, with my 100 Baby Challenge. I had decided at the beginning that I would name all of Ginger's children in alphabetical order, by groups of 2. It started with Roxanne, my first child.
    Irvine originally moved into the mansion in Willow Creek right below the Spencer-Kim residence. His family, has lived there ever since.
    I created a wife for Irvine, as I do all of my legacy sims and they got married in a private wedding and soon after had Madison. However, I did not name Madison, nor did I play as her as she was growing up. I was at the time still trying to continue my 100 Baby Challenge.
    Madison grew up and when the time came, I created her a husband whose personality would compliment her own. They wed in a private ceremony and soon after welcomed a daughter Ashly. I also did not name Ashly or raise her, as I was still trying to continue my 100 Baby Challenge. I would usually hold the weddings during one of Ginger's pregnancies and return to my main household for the birth.
    However, when Ashly matured, I decided I wanted to become more active in my legacy sim's lives and create more stories with them. So with Ashly I rocked the boat a little. I created an ugly male YA sim to hold the role of her parents' choice of spouse. Ashly forged a relationship with him, however, their personalities clashed. Seceratly Ashly found love with her neighbor who I had also created. His name, Anthony Witherspoon. He had black hair and beautiful eyes. He matched her personality and they hit it off. They quickly became best friends. But, Ashly longed for true love and so her relationship with Anthony quickly surpassed friends. Their romance blossomed and they began to date. However, at the time Ashly was engaged to her parents' choice Javier. After a short romance Ashly and Anthony tried for a baby. However, I did not take a pregnancy test their fore, it was a mystery if she was even pregnant. Then she returned to her home and decided to accept her fate and marry Javier. She woohooed with him and then took a pregnancy test a day after she had said good bye to Anthony. She was pregnant. However she continued to stay with Javier and had a son, Vikram. (Also didn't name him) But, Ginger still being quite active in everyone in the town's lives, and still having babies, decided to help Ashly out. She seduced Javier and made him her most recent baby donor and once the child was born she invited him to live with her and with the aid of her cow plant, killed him. Then Ashly was free to marry Anthony and raise Vikram with her true love. Vikram was then raised happily and became a great YA. He then married and had a large wedding with a full guest list of all of his extended family! Ginger even attended. Him and his wife welcomed Sandra soon after. Sandra was a good girl and loved to cook. She married a handsome man and they also had a very large wedding that lasted all night! Together they had a boy, Callen. Callen was so far deceneded from Ginger, he didn't even show up on her family tree. He grew up to like reading and gardening, and pursued a writing career. Him and his wife had a nice wedding, well it would have been nice if his cousin hadn't shown up, 3rd trimester pregnant, and peed on the kitchen floor next to the wedding cake. She then proceeded to take a shower upstairs during the wedding. Callen and his wife Katherine welcomed a daughter, Makayla. She is a loner and currently a child. She is often sad so we'll see what kind of adult she turns into!
    ~Backstory Volume 2, Felicity's Line~
    Felicity was the second of my legacy sims to start a family. Felicity's line started out from the get go full of plot twists. Felicity and her half sister, Grace-Ann moved into the old Goth residence after becoming YAs and leaving Ginger's nest. While Felicity was born first, she did not start a family right away, thus her line is shorter than Irvine's by a generation. But back to the story, Felicity and Grace-Ann, however did not live alone. There was a handsome red-headed YA living in the house to. He hit it off with both of them and the trio quickly became friends. But, alas nothing could ever be that easy...
    So he started a romantic relationship with both sisters. Yeah that was hard to keep a secret. Eventually he turned out to be a jerk and left both of the high, dry and new mothers.
    Grace-Ann and Felicity both had a child, the children then being both half-siblings and cousins. Their names were Rowan and Rueban. Rowan was a blonde like his mother Grace-Ann, but Rueban was a red head, just like his dear old dad.
    Eventually the family fell out of my radar until Rueban was nearly an adult. I decided I would use him also in a legacy I was slowly building. So he wed and had a son, Dillion. But by this point, the family had lost their expensive mansion and was left with Travis Scott's old house. Major down grade. But none the less, Rueban raised a good, also redheaded son.
    So Dillion was eventually grown, but by this point I had nearly my full load of families and had not quite cut the cord with my failing 100 Baby Challenge, so I was busy and forgot about Dillion for awhile. Until he was an adult. Then I decided instead of creating him a wife tailored to him, I would reign in one of my previously created sims, and that'd be his wife.
    Big mistake. I knew she was mean, I knew she was non-commitmental but I did not expect it to be as hard as it was. She Hated Him. With a passion. But, I am no quiter, so I tried really hard to get them married. And they did eventually. But by this point Dillion and Maria were nearly elders and they still had no heir! So I rushed and Danielle was born.
    But, it's never that simple, yes she was beautiful and red-headed (funny how that never went away)... But when she was just barely a teen, both of her parents passed away. Very sad. So a uncle, Alexander, had to come to the rescue. So Danielle was left parentless left being raised by an uncle.
    But she prevailed and became a YA and had a wonderful backyard wedding with her family and friends. Soon after she welcomed Jenny. (She is also a red-head)
    Jenny had a great childhood, she was friends with her cousins and neighbors and lived a great life. She recently became a YA and she married her bestfriend Chase. They had a child, Farhan recently.
    And that is how one love triangle turned into a legacy of ups and downs, oh and a lot of redheads.
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    @Patch__2008 you may want to share this in the stories and legacies forum as it will likely get buried here!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
    @LunaNova Yeah I just realized that this morning... Lol there's a lot of general discussions!
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    what's a 10 by 10 legacy??? 10 generations with 10 sims in each??
    @feetinstockings
    It's a sims 4 in-game achievement where you must have 10 families in one save that are at generation 10 or farther.