March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Wash Basin

Gurus... I don't know what you have in store for the design of wash basins, but could this sink possibly be one? I think it has potential:

35577213275_d7b0b676a4_o.png

I could see this fitting in the basement of my church/orphanage. There's a lot of linens to do with a bunch of toddlers and homeless folk who take refuge here. Look at all those linens:

33603778396_f70e81084f_o.png

And the homeless would appreciate clean clothes too.
33487355662_2fa6f5faf6_o.png

If that sink can't be used as a wash basin, what about something like this?

wash-tub-laundry-room-sink.jpg

42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

Comments

• SageRainWillow
    SageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Another idea for wash basins:

17b320192afd8802d2595b7ced7981cb.jpg

• SageRainWillow
    And for the people who hate laundry, they can do this: :D

DSCN2303.JPG

• Simalleyaile
    Simalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    edited June 2017
    I love these rustic washtubs! We're getting a plant, aren't we, that's in a tub like these. A tree? Those double sink ones look awesome. Suds in one tub, rinsing water in the other.

Will the wash tubs also have regular functions of a sink? Like do dishes, wash hands, get a drink? Or will they only be for clothes?

What would people prefer?
  • IgneousGelding
    IgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    I love these rustic washtubs! We're getting a plant, aren't we, that's in a tub like these. A tree? Those double sink ones look awesome. Suds in one tub, rinsing water in the other.

Will the wash tubs also have regular functions of a sink? Like do dishes, wash hands, get a drink? Or will they only be for clothes?

A generic water tub sink would be cool. It'd make for an interesting pretend fish cleaning station, bahaha.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • rp_girl
    rp_girl Posts: 103 Member
    edited June 2017
    @SageRainWillow

I love your CC .That story you do is really cool to by the way,very creative.
    As for washbasins when we lived in China and our washing machine broke down we used something like this to wash clothes(except ours were bigger)

rBVaHVTLUs2AedSkAAEry1walDc528.jpg
  • GoldenBuffy
    GoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    rp_girl wrote: »
    @SageRainWillow

As for washbasins when we lived in China and our washing machine broke down we used something like this to wash clothes(except ours were bigger)

I remember the old metal ones my Grammy used when her machine would go down. I was so happy I didn't have to help wash clothes. lol I remember I asked her once where did she get the hand washer? And she told me that she saved it from when she was younger.

But when I read that there would be wash bins, that was what instantly popped into my head. Or the old style crank washers, where you have to ring the clothes out between two rollers.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• SageRainWillow
    edited June 2017
    @SageRainWillow

I remember the old metal ones my Grammy used when her machine would go down. I was so happy I didn't have to help wash clothes. lol I remember I asked her once where did she get the hand washer? And she told me that she saved it from when she was younger.

But when I read that there would be wash bins, that was what instantly popped into my head. Or the old style crank washers, where you have to ring the clothes out between two rollers.

Ahhh, the old wringer wash basins like this?

19707cad786070590fe841f5d5044d60.jpg
    52419a7383956a3ba439ed94e00ed896--laundry-room-washing-machines.jpg
    8ef8cbf623d610ebd47e614836895c3d.jpg
    13234d005ec7cece6383be65ebefa870--vintage-antiques-washers.jpg

And here's a more "modern" version for that, "I'm not poor. I'm just Eco" look:

using-wringer-closeup-large2.jpg

• SageRainWillow

I'm not sure if they will be sinks. I assume they would be a separate object for coding purposes. Otherwise, any sink could be a wash basin... not that I'm opposed to it. I love to play tiny builds, so anything that can perform double duty and save space is good with me. I've made a lot of RV's and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 campers where washing clothes by sink would be useful. I just don't know how feasible it would be.

• SageRainWillow
    @SageRainWillow

Those are cute and colorful! And thank you... I have an unhealthy level of CC lol.

• BlkBarbiegal
    BlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Love the thought of having a church/orphanage in my game.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • GoldenBuffy
    GoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    @SageRainWillow

Yes, those! I really like the new modern looking one! That's the one I'd pick up for when I'm in a pinch and the washer is down!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• CupcakeWitch
    CupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    @SageRainWillow

These would definitely tie in well with an eco-living theme
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• BlkBarbiegal
    BlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I really like the older models. I'm thinking we could add one to the Hermit's house.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • sunman502
    sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    @SageRainWillow

Back when I was talking about hand cranked washers. The one in the second pic from the bottom was the type of washer that I had in mind. I was at a public auction IRL just the other day. And I came across a washer that was even older than the ones in the pics above. This one was a plunger type. This one you would place in the wash tub, and move it all about to wash clothes with. The one that I saw IRL just the other day was just the plunger part. The tub part of this washer was gone.
    Speaking of which, I wonder if there will be a plunger and tub type of washer coming in this Eco Living. That would be cool to see, watching a sim doing the laundry with a plunger and tub type of washer. :)
  • SilentKitty
    SilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I am starting to really look forward to getting the wash basin :)

Could never get much enthusiasm for the washing machine but I am getting more and more excited for the basin.

Washer-Woman.jpg

Planning to do one save with a little family on Windenburg Island supporting themselves by taking in laundry. Maybe a widow supporting herself and two small children by doing the laundry for some rich Windenburg families.

https://washergenes.wordpress.com/2006/06/15/english-laundresses-a-social-history-1850-1930/

Have just been reading a little about working and one part stood out to me

A laundress working at home would, in today’s parlance, be an entrepreneur. As such, she was typically not the delicate Victorian lady. The Royal Commission on Labour reported the comment that laundresses were “the most independent people on the face of the earth.”

Quite liked that.

So it looks like I will take the wash basin and use it for an historical save. Probably with a little cc clothing since there isn't much historical clothing at the moment in the game but one can always hope for future stuff packs! Knowing me this will be the starting-point in the story and somehow there will be one or two vampires somewhere in the story as well. Maybe it is the vampires who send the laundry out, ohh that works. Jupp, there will be vampires also.

My hope is that the wash basin and the clothesline will have one or two shades that would suit historical saves, nice plain colors.
  • EnkiSchmidt
    EnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member

Could never get much enthusiasm for the washing machine but I am getting more and more excited for the basin.

Washer-Woman.jpg

Planning to do one save with a little family on Windenburg Island supporting themselves by taking in laundry. Maybe a widow supporting herself and two small children by doing the laundry for some rich Windenburg families.

https://washergenes.wordpress.com/2006/06/15/english-laundresses-a-social-history-1850-1930/

A laundress working at home would, in today’s parlance, be an entrepreneur. As such, she was typically not the delicate Victorian lady. The Royal Commission on Labour reported the comment that laundresses were “the most independent people on the face of the earth.”

Quite liked that.

So it looks like I will take the wash basin and use it for an historical save. Probably with a little cc clothing since there isn't much historical clothing at the moment in the game but one can always hope for future stuff packs! Knowing me this will be the starting-point in the story and somehow there will be one or two vampires somewhere in the story as well. Maybe it is the vampires who send the laundry out, ohh that works. Jupp, there will be vampires also.

My hope is that the wash basin and the clothesline will have one or two shades that would suit historical saves, nice plain colors.

Are you playing the premades? If so, then the Munch family screams "use us for this"! Age down the boys by one or two lifestages each (child Gunther, child or toddler Wolfgang and toddler Lucas).
  • SilentKitty
    SilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Washer-Woman.jpg

Quite liked that.

Are you playing the premades? If so, then the Munch family screams "use us for this"! Age down the boys by one or two lifestages each (child Gunther, child or toddler Wolfgang and toddler Lucas).

Brilliant!! :smiley: Haven't played with them yet and Mila would be perfect for it, I really like her but haven't found the right story yet.

Categories