Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Off the Grid" can still be in a Farming/ Country Life Game Pack

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited June 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I know many of you wanted the "Off the Grid"-style Gameplay. (Me included)
In a Farming Game Pack there could be a new rural world where the lots in this world don't receive electricity or water utilities. The good thing is that you also have no bills in this world.
The only electricy and water comes from Water Pumps/ Water Collectors and Generators/ Solar panels. Without these objects you can't watch TV nor shower or use sprinklers. That's what it costs living off the land!

We could still get it combined with the other awesome ideas (like Canning or Nectar Making) of this pack in a Farming Game Pack:
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920565/the-ultimate-farming-country-living-game-pack
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    edited June 2017
    Yeah, that'd be cool. ^_^
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Yes I surly was hoping either of these would win. And I think it would be awesome in a farming pack. I been wanting a farm forever and I just pray they would put these features in GP or EP
    With pets and added farm animals it would be awesome. Oh a tractor included for hayrides.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    I hope something like this comes along.
    In the meantime I'll put this here
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920686/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-1-signature
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I hope so! I really really need it. If I am not allowed to live this way at least my sims could :'(
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    I would, personally, rather if there was a lot trait that took away water and electricity because I'd like to have a semi-modern farming household and wouldn't like the constraint of only being able to farm off the grid. Would that be something you guys could agree to?
  • KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    edited June 2017
    I know many of you wanted the "Off the Grid"-style Gameplay. (Me included)
    In a Farming Game Pack there could be a new rural world where the lots in this world don't receive electricity or water utilities. The good thing is that you also have no bills in this world.
    The only electricy and water comes from Water Pumps/ Water Collectors and Generators/ Solar panels. Without these objects you can't watch TV nor shower or use sprinklers. That's what it costs living off the land!
    That's a very good idea. I voted for Off the grid too and still hope that they won't throw it away. Maybe they'll manage to add it to Pets? This way it would come closer to a farm pack.

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2017
    Also make sure to go sign here if you also want a Game Pack like this to exist: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920686/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-26-signatures/p1
    a256aFi.gif
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I agree that I'd want to see the farming stuff in at least a GP with more features.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    maybe if you mean like an amish lifestyle, but while i could see canning being used in a farming pack, i cant see of the grid being a perfect fit, but then laundry isnt very eco friendly either.
    maybe if you mean like an amish lifestyle, but while i could see canning being used in a farming pack, i cant see of the grid being a perfect fit, but then laundry isnt very eco friendly either.

Doesn't have to be Amish :) Plenty of wealthy ranch estates generate their own power. I would anyway if I had one. I'd want to be generating enough of it the city is buying it from me hahahahaha
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    edited June 2017
    I really like this idea. Off The Grid and Canning/Nectar making were my two favorite options. I would really like to see these ideas/features added somewhere to the game. Maybe indeed an off the grid gamepack? Maybe even more off the grid ideas could be fit in (like ice houses, these would also make a nice and cold(!) woohoo spot ;)).
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited June 2017
    Off the grid?

Whenever-Single-Thing-Goes-Wrong-Your-Day-Everything-Wash.gif
    Simanite wrote: »
    Off the grid?

Nope, not over. We will be as annoying and persistent as #teamlaundry and we will get a whole game pack out of the other three options and more
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I completely agree...
    Some of the features were new and unique to The Sims series and it would be an awful shame to give up on those ideas instead of incorporating them in some form.
  • WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    Not gonna happen. They'll stick to the same of stuff they've done in the past.
    C0gfE.gif
    Don't forget to sign this petition for these 3 features to be added in a Game Pack:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920686/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-1-signature

Those features would fit well into a Farming Game Pack! :)
    a256aFi.gif
    edited June 2017
    Don't forget to sign this petition for these 3 features to be added in a Game Pack:

Those features would fit well into a Farming Game Pack! :)

I second, third, and fourth this. It's been up for less than a day and we are already at 120 folks! We can do it!

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920686/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-111-signatures/p1?new=1
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    edited June 2017
    This needs to be a GP so that the ideas can really be fleshed out, look how well the Vampires was done.
    Edited for spelling
    This needs to be a GP so that the ideas can really be fleshed out, look how well the Vampires was done.
    Edited for spelling

Agreed! :) They always do the Game Packs very well! (except maybe Spa Day)
    a256aFi.gif
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    Off the grid?

It's ok, I understand. We all play the sims differently, believe it or not I am asking the same thing about laundry.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Off the grid?

Nope. But you guys have fun with the rest of your votes. Only #teamlaundry cares now. The 500 of you....
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    So it'd work like MySims Kingdom did. Electronics have to be connected to a solar panel, and objects that need water need to be connected to a pipeline, etc. Interesting.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    edited July 2017
    I like this idea. I would buy this potential pack. I could play w/ it whenever I choose to at my own convience. (Like the vamp gp) The idea of a separate world or mini world like FH to travel to- ie, going to visit grandma's farmstead and not being forced to put those objects only in current lots sounds great.

Can you imagine a world with moving livestock in the background verses the fog and bats of FH. No more than 5 plots dedicated to this like FH? That would impress me... :) I can only speak for myself when I say that a farming pack seems great and all, but if it is reduced to a well done GP, like vampires, I'd be more than happy with that since it is a niche product. o:)

Edited for paragraph spacing :p
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• AbsafraginlootlyAbsafraginlootly Posts: 34 Member
    This would be great: wells, solar panels, canning, and compost would work well in a farming pack. I think the off the grid part should be optional though, so you can do it in any neighborhood.
  • OoAtomicKittenoOOoAtomicKittenoO Posts: 47 Member
    Ooooh this sounds awesome! Hey devs, listen up!