Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack gameplay feature vote results!

Comments

• EvaAngel2017EvaAngel2017 Posts: 15 Member
    Скажите мне, как относится стирка к экологии? Стирка -это быт, повседневная рутина бытия! Когда мы просили экологию, мы думали об экологически чистых продуктах питания о переработке отходов и бережном отношении к окружающей среде (экономия ресурсов). Как мы это можем сделать без хаоса, катаклизмов в природе? В чем будет интерес к стирке и выполнении рутинной работы по дому? И как это вообще связать и в чем интерес? У меня больше вопросов чем ответов. Стирка и экология это две разные вещи! Не думаю, что это может нас заинтересовать в процессе игры, наскучит очень быстро. Просто добавьте стиральные машины, не в ущерб экологии.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited July 2017
    BooV7227 wrote: »
    I agree, this should be left to #TeamLaundry to close out, I'm done.

I voted for Dangerous stuff, didn't get it.
    The clothing I voted for didn't get chosen.
    Didn't have a strong preference for the objects.
    Voted for Preserves, with Off the Grid as a strong second, those didn't win either.
    And the gameplay objects just seem shoe-horned into the theme.

Oh well. =(

I can relate with you 100% @BooV7227

I voted for the Starter House SP; which obviously didn't get it.
    The clothing/object style I voted didn't get picked.
    2 objects I voted were chosen.
    3 items of clothing I voted for were chosen.
    I voted for Off the Grid, which didn't win.

So, I'm kinda like @DeKay and just hanging around for the icon and name vote to see how things finish off. :)

P.S. - I stand corrected, the last blog entry was asking to vote on the clothing and objects, I genuinely thought there was announcing results too. My bad. o:)

Post edited by Jase on
  • DjentleOneDjentleOne Posts: 23 Member
    edited July 2018
    I really wanted canning, because I read you could make profit off that and I'm always looking for ways to "work from home" with my sims.
    Post edited by DjentleOne on
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    In My opinion it only Won due to the fact that for Me the other stuff did not appeal so others probably thought the same, either way I am Happy for those who wanted the Laundry stuff, but for Me it is just Meh, since Laundry is something I would Not of chosen if the other stuff sounded better to Me.
  • kamykdotrozkamykdotroz Posts: 5 New Member
    @SimGuruGraham Laundry could be launched with the Cars/Vehicles pack! what do you think?
    We need caaaaars!
  • WeidThingWeidThing Posts: 2 New Member
    Wow! i voted on the theme and the style then forgot about it all :o , now i'll have to wait 'til fall :'( but the pack is coming along rather nicely! :)

I LOVE IT!!! :D :p :D
  • SoniaTheSimSoniaTheSim Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm not one for do this and this, because I know you and your team do a lot, but I'd love to know if and when Sims mobile is coming to the USA. Thanks so much and have a great!!!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I'm not one for do this and this, because I know you and your team do a lot, but I'd love to know if and when Sims mobile is coming to the USA. Thanks so much and have a great!!!

Did you try here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ea.gp.simsmobile&hl=en

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    As far as I understood we will never get other features from poll?
    If that's the case i am not suprised that people are upset, all features were great and loot of sims player were waitng for some of thoes. Especialy that we had them in the sims 3 or the sims 2.
  • beraalberaal Posts: 3 New Member
    I do agree with others that laundry does not seem very eco-friendly for interactions to center around a pack. The way to redeem such is to not have the title of the pack sound as eco-friendly as it could have been with some of the other choices.

- Chores
    - Simply Suds
    - Laundry Duty
    - Weekend Grime
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    ElectraRai wrote: »
    As far as I understood we will never get other features from poll?
    If that's the case i am not suprised that people are upset, all features were great and loot of sims player were waitng for some of thoes. Especialy that we had them in the sims 3 or the sims 2.

They said they could use some of the things that didn't win in the votes for future packs. But that was during the object and CAS voting. I don't know if it is the same for the gameplay voting.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • OoAtomicKittenoOOoAtomicKittenoO Posts: 47 Member
    Hey everyone! I voted for Off-the-Grid, thinking I could do some cool stories/gameplay with it, and I didn't get what I wanted, but no one needs to get upset because they didn't get what they wanted. I'm still looking forward to the new furniture and clothes that will be coming, and laundry will still be a fun feature that could still make for interesting gameplay and puts a life simulator a little closer to, well, life. The other options are great, and should definitely still be considered, but this is a community vote, and the community voted for laundry! Even if you're not happy with the final result, no one is forcing you to buy the pack. And besides, we can just all bond over our hatred of the fact that we haven't gotten pets or seasons yet.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    With these results in hand, we have a clear path forward for this pack. In the coming weeks our Stuff Pack designer will get to work writing full designs for Washers, Dryers, Clotheslines, Wash Tubs, and Ironing Boards. I'm looking forward to sharing those full designs with you, so that we can collaborate on the little details which are so important to creating a fun - and full - Sims experience.

@SimGuruGraham So ironing boards will be added too? :) I thought they had been scrapped since they were not in the survey description. What about hampers?

My mistake. Ironing boards are something we're hoping to squeeze in; they weren't included in the blurbs from the vote as we don't yet know with confidence if they'll fit. That should have said Hampers. I've corrected the original post.

I'd be interested in hearing more as the process goes on about what factors let ironing boards get squeezed in or stop them from being an option - about how that design/etc. budget ends up working. Also, you know you can fold an ironing board up so it squeezes in a smaller space ;)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • AbsafraginlootlyAbsafraginlootly Posts: 34 Member
    Disappointing, I don't hate laundry but I found the new features more interesting and was in particular excited about the possibility of Off the Grid.

Whilst laundry would have been a welcome feature as part of a game or expansion pack I'm not sure it's interesting enough on is own to be bothered buying this pack.
    Hey everyone! I voted for Off-the-Grid, thinking I could do some cool stories/gameplay with it, and I didn't get what I wanted, but no one needs to get upset because they didn't get what they wanted. I'm still looking forward to the new furniture and clothes that will be coming, and laundry will still be a fun feature that could still make for interesting gameplay and puts a life simulator a little closer to, well, life. The other options are great, and should definitely still be considered, but this is a community vote, and the community voted for laundry! Even if you're not happy with the final result, no one is forcing you to buy the pack. And besides, we can just all bond over our hatred of the fact that we haven't gotten pets or seasons yet.

Feels the Bonding coming on, I to am waiting for those, :)
    With these results in hand, we have a clear path forward for this pack. In the coming weeks our Stuff Pack designer will get to work writing full designs for Washers, Dryers, Clotheslines, Wash Tubs, and Ironing Boards. I'm looking forward to sharing those full designs with you, so that we can collaborate on the little details which are so important to creating a fun - and full - Sims experience.

@SimGuruGraham So ironing boards will be added too? :) I thought they had been scrapped since they were not in the survey description. What about hampers?

My mistake. Ironing boards are something we're hoping to squeeze in; they weren't included in the blurbs from the vote as we don't yet know with confidence if they'll fit. That should have said Hampers. I've corrected the original post.

I'd be interested in hearing more as the process goes on about what factors let ironing boards get squeezed in or stop them from being an option - about how that design/etc. budget ends up working. Also, you know you can fold an ironing board up so it squeezes in a smaller space ;)

If they are going to do the Laundry bit they better well put in Everything it entails! , the Washer & Dryer, Ironing board with Iron, Clothes Lines to put clothes outside, Clothes Baskets, Laundry Soap and Dryer sheets, Hangers to hang clothes on, the whole 9 yards, or to Me it just will Not be worth buying, that is how I feel bout it.
  • Jess83Jess83 Posts: 6 New Member
    What the ?. Why, oh why do people want laundry?! It isn't that fun. I want off-grid/more trades, like nectar, or canning etc. Sad day for me
  • reanseihreanseih Posts: 265 Member
    It's a vote. I don't see why people need to be so bitter about it. =w= Obviously laundry won because more people wanted it. I would have loved to see laundry as a decorative object or a minor function in another pack and get something more eco in this pack but... A lot of ppl disagreed and we should accept that.

That said, I really want to see the other ideas come in future packs and not just get trashed.
    青天白日滿地紅 Blue Sky, White Sun, and a Wholly Red Earth
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • haruka13666haruka13666 Posts: 27 Member
    I would have been happy with any of the choices, except laundry. It doesn't fit in with eco friendly at all. It is just a way to waste water and electricity. The sim gurus could have easily found another pack to put this in like the parenthood pack that just came out, or the exercise pack that just came out, or the toddler pack coming out later this summer, or the seasons pack that is bound to come out sometime, or the university pack that is bound to come out sometime. It would have fit well in ALMOST ANY OTHER PACK except this one. Instead, we don't get the features that actually fit with the pack. :(
  • Amby316Amby316 Posts: 1,408 Member
    I am grateful for these opportunities to help shape a future pack but I am beyond disappointed in the results of this vote. Laundry has been done before and is awesome BUT we had the change for COMPLETELY NEW things and choices. Super bummed out here. I was really looking forward to some features of the other choices. I really hope that this pack does include recycling simply because it is an ECO LIVING pack.
    edited July 2017

You apparently do not understand the metrics of objects in a game. To actually think it can be "squeezed" in somewhere - like a real object real life people use. That is not at all how things work in a game. Never mind the fact the object would then have even more added programming and all sort of work just to make an object turn from it's using state to a folded up object. That is an awful lot of programming just to have an ironing board - never mind the same object created in various different stages with a changing footprint for the use stage - to the put away stage. But by rights they make an object in a usable state one size and height, width, length and as Graham already explained in the object creation info on how that works - you should be able to see that to go from that stage with the same object to a folded up stage to "squeeze" it in somewhere like real life is not something you can expect to be easily done.

Take for instance in the game we have fold up chairs - but technically they do not fold up - they just look like fold up chairs because it is not feasible to actually make them fold up in a game like the Sims - no matter how much reality that might bring to you - the kind of work that entails is not even feasible in an ep - never mind a stuff pack. That's a heck of a lot of work just to see a Sim be able to fold up a chair - never mind the number of object stages they would need to make to have this even possible. I dare say if you do get an ironing board - expect it to take at the very least a 2 by 1 square to be in your game - and always that size - not folded up and put away.

On top of all that - there is still the ironing object programming and the programming needed to take laundry that looks like a pile of clothes and the animations and stages required to press it to resemble clothing that sims just spin into added to hangers to physically place in a closet or to fold and to place into a drawer - REALLY - you think they can do all this in an sp when they have almost no animation budget Really - if laundry even entails what little we had in Sims 3 for laundry that came in an ep - I will be in total shock - never mind all this action.

But in a game you have to realize no matter what we can do in real life - it is never easy or simple to duplicate that in an game - and if it requires a fold up stage and a use stage - you will be lucky to get it just in a use stage. The object size cannot change logically so picture needing at least a 2 by 1 square placement for that item if it is to look like a real ironing board and that sims can be made to use... which I really doubt they will be programmed to use a ironing board anyway.

But here: https://www.packtpub.com/hardware-and-creative/practical-maya-programming-python

want to know how it is done .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC7SBiee5zg

- Or a small video on animating with Maya. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXFGeZZbMzQ

Or the use of the same for Artists -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDKxDbt6EGQ

Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• RueSaultRueSault Posts: 116 Member
    I am actually surprised! The other choices were so amazing and would have added really interesting play... I hope they aren't scrapped and will be released in either a game pack or an expansion.... In fact, I'm not sure laundry even fits in "eco"... but... *shrug* I AM really glad that we were able to take part by voting for our favorite options, though... This has been a unique experience and I really hope you do it again in the future!
    RueSault wrote: »
    I am actually surprised! The other choices were so amazing and would have added really interesting play... I hope they aren't scrapped and will be released in either a game pack or an expansion.... In fact, I'm not sure laundry even fits in "eco"... but... *shrug* I AM really glad that we were able to take part by voting for our favorite options, though... This has been a unique experience and I really hope you do it again in the future!

Oh you have that right and why those voting along the eco friendly theme wanted and EXPECTED an eco friendly choice on everything - but as you can see not the case - so they had 3 eco friendly things and 1 not at all eco friendly when they added the MACHINES in - by all rights the Laundry should not have included actual washing machines in this pack - it changes everything. To be fair put the vote of all three of the eco friendly choices in one pack - against a vote for laundry - and then see who wins.

Or start over make a pack with no real theme but 4 or 5 completely separate ideas with all the content reflecting on the idea of each pack and have us all pick one of the 4 or 5. They could have offered the entire pack choices for each and one vote - so instead of just voting on a theme we would have voted on the pack and there would be not of this issue. Also by all rights Laundry MACHINES belonged in the Starter House set and not in Eco friendly to start with. Someone obviously did not think this through.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited July 2017
    @Writin_Reg I totally understand - it was a joke. (And the joke was about squeezing the ironing boards into the design/development budget.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @Writin_Reg I totally understand - it was a joke. (And the joke was about squeezing the ironing boards into the design/development budget.)

Ah ha. Well then it will give some visuals and explanations for those who do not get the complexities of thinking it's in real life-then it can easily be in the sims. I did not take that as a joke though as I see people saying like replies quite like that a lot in the sims over the last 18 years. Only they seriously believed it was easily done. Quite like the ones that think we can take programming from other Sim games and just use it in this one.

I used to think they can't be seriously believing that was possible- when come to find out they did believe that. So you just never know any more.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top