Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack gameplay feature vote results!

Comments

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i think this vid is a fake as well as we do not even know if the washers and dryers in the sims4 will be top load or front load maybe there will be both but will have to wait and see
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited June 2017
    [Retracted]
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    In the interest of that sweet electric shock, I feel sorta manipulated. waiit waiiit...Allow me to explain.

Laundry had been in the works for a long time - and by works, I just mean "hey let yourself be known on the forums if you want laundry..." kind of deal. Also, roughly at and around the same time, a vocal mass had/s amassed requesting to be 'heard' and making petitions and what not to be included in on the processes with some acquiescence and promise. EA certainly doesnt want to appear as being a company that doesnt listen to its fan base, so this too has been in the works for a while, via blogs, behind the scenes updates etc.

In short, my tingling tongue wants to know: Was laundry the next pack all along and this was an experiment mixed in with some player base input?

Either way I dont care. It was a fun exercise in community input. (I still want off the grid + canning tho)

***I am not trying to start an argument, but its food for that thought on the experiment that is/was. Did you like being included or not? I did.

Thanks this was great! B)

Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • audsvedaudsved Posts: 13 New Member
    I personally think that sims with the dirty trait or overly neat traits will play into this quite well with laundry.. I can see my super neat mom getting obsessed with washing the dirty lil toddlers clothes. I swear mine already sticks her kids in the tub clothes and all as it is.
    Also being one that has been with The sims since they first arrived our computers and being one of the pack that played the sims online beta rounds getting a jam table would be a dream. I fondly remember our "jam" parties going to someones lot that was packed with jam tables and we would have a blast jamming all night with everyone on a disco dance floor and others would dance in the dance cages and all around us. Granted for us TSO beta babies that was all skill building so a night of jamming was more than just a party. we shared recipes in chat joked with the jammers that were in Jamm jail cages and forced to skill there till a table opened up. the jam table was the fastest way to build cooking skill in TSO. I would love to see some of those old components come back to the game. Another great choice from the old TSO pages is the pizza table. that would be fun to incorporate into the new TS4 as a family / group activity great for both building skill and just having a roni of a good time. One of you guys should open that old TSO play book and grab some great ideas.
  • francut4387francut4387 Posts: 4 New Member
    BOOOOOOOO!
    off the grid was so much better! but I am not surprised.
  • EvaAngel2017EvaAngel2017 Posts: 15 Member
    Реализм??? Смиритесь ребятки, его не будет в ЕА. Стирка это хорошо но очень быстро наскучит. Не думаю, что это может разнообразить геймплей до приятной неузнаваемости. Игру срочно нужно усложнять, ибо она обретает легкие краски и отголоски прошлого! Я выбрала для себя 4 каталога: "Вампиры, Родители, Ресторан, Малыши" от всего остального уже устала и в игре не была с выхода Родители. Все это для взрослой аудитории скукота! Нет реализма, а от радуги слегка мутит.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,416 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Food preserves or off the grid would've been the only saving grace for this SP for me. Oh well, I guess the people who like to watch their sims do chores all day finally got their wish.

Yeah because cleaning tubs, sinks, showers, counters, bringing out the trash, repairing objects that break, are no chores?

No one ever made such a fuss about those things. This is a life simulator. No, it is not a one-on-one copy of real life, but yes, it has some real life stuff in it as well.

Some people like that, some don't, that's really up to the player.

Not everyone likes every pack. And that is fine. Personally I wasn't a fan of the Fitness SP, but some people may find it interesting, so they got their thing too.

Also the way Laundry works hasn't been decided yet, because they are still designing the feature as a whole. The way it works, if maids, butlers will also take care of laundry, if piles of clothing will end up in every room (like the Sims 3) or if one hamper on a lot is enough to avoid piles of clothing.

These things are still all up to the design team to figure out, and communicate with us. The main reason for this project is also to give people some insight in the process of creating a SP.

Not every pack is for everyone, and that's fine. Maybe the next SP will be something you really like.

It means less money for me to give to EA and more money for my trip to Disney World, so I'm not mad. Disappointed, yes. Upset, no.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2017
    Graham - explain please! How is this pack now eco - friendly with no solar power or water pumps? Can you explain that please? Without those two elements it is not eco friendly.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    In my opinion, the eco living theme is most likely gone in regards to this SP. When it's time for simmers to vote for the SP's official title it'll probably be something geared toward it's new direction which appears to be an earthly rustic furniture and laundry room theme and nothing to do with living an eco friendly lifestyle.
    edited June 2017
    Jase wrote: »
    In my opinion, the eco living theme is most likely gone in regards to this SP. When it's time for simmers to vote for the SP's official title it'll probably be something geared toward it's new direction which appears to be an earthly rustic furniture and laundry room theme and nothing to do with living an eco friendly lifestyle.

But in Grahams post after we voted the theme on April 6th he said this packed was locked into the theme we choose - so I assume that cannot be changed seeing he said it like that.

See: He definitely indicates this is the pack theme and it's locked in.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/915788/so-what-happens-to-those-themes-that-didnt-win/p1

see the very last line:

"Even though this Stuff Pack we're building together is now locked into the eco living theme, we always value your feedback regarding the things that you want to see in The Sims!"

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited June 2017
    Just because they choose to say it's theme is "eco living" doesn't necessarily mean it's going to actually have items in regards to that theme. Especially after seeing the objects picked in the vote; along with comments talking about possibly including ironing if possible. So, personally I feel that laundry is going to be predominate theme with this SP and the closest thing to being eco will be the wash basin and clothes line.

Also, when we look at the most recent pack, Fitness Stuff. While it did include fitness themed attire, it feels much more like a modern furniture pack with a climbing wall and workout clothes thrown in. In reality, it could've included more fitness themed objects (i.e. gym bags, workout posters, locker room benches, energy bar display, etc) but sadly it didn't.

Of course, this is just my opinion and I could be completely wrong (hopefully) and the developers may actually surprise me and actually pull off making the pack feel much more eco friendly. :/

It's probably still too soon in the whole development process for @SimGuruGraham to give us anymore details on the pack still.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member

I hope they would at least give an official statement or something to say that this pack is going more towards the laundry theme rather than an eco theme.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited July 2017
    DeKay wrote: »

I hope they would at least give an official statement or something to say that this pack is going more towards the laundry theme rather than an eco theme.

They haven't even given a statement yet about who won or even about the next vote lmao I mean sure we were supposed to check here for the results anyway but I'd have figured the news team would have made soooome kind of a thing on their news blog about it by now, even just to get a head start on marketing and drumming up excitement for the new SP and getting everyone riled up for the next vote.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member

I agree. This whole section has gotten really quiet now.

Btw, love you signature
  • kaolbellekaolbelle Posts: 22 Member
    > @Jase said:
    > Just because they choose to say it's theme is "eco living" doesn't necessarily mean it's going to actually have items in regards to that theme. Especially after seeing the objects picked in the vote; along with comments talking about possibly including ironing if possible. So, personally I feel that laundry is going to be predominate theme with this SP and the closest thing to being eco will be the wash basin and clothes line.
    >
    > Also, when we look at the most recent pack, Fitness Stuff. While it did include fitness themed attire, it feels much more like a modern furniture pack with a climbing wall and workout clothes thrown in. In reality, it could've included more fitness themed objects (i.e. gym bags, workout posters, locker room benches, energy bar display, etc) but sadly it didn't.
    >
    > Of course, this is just my opinion and I could be completely wrong (hopefully) and the developers may actually surprise me and actually pull off making the pack feel much more eco friendly. :/
    >
    > It's probably still too soon in the whole development process for @SimGuruGraham to give us anymore details on the pack still.

If that's the case then why call it that? Why mislead people that may have actually wanted an eco-centered pack? When the main feature of the pack doesn't fit the so-called "theme" of the pack then that's misleading. This would've made sense if we already had laundry and THEN they provided the eco-friendly alternative.
    edited July 2017

I know right? It's weird that they haven't made an official statement on the news blog like they've done with previous vote results. :/
    kaolbelle wrote: »
    If that's the case then why call it that? Why mislead people that may have actually wanted an eco-centered pack? When the main feature of the pack doesn't fit the so-called "theme" of the pack then that's misleading. This would've made sense if we already had laundry and THEN they provided the eco-friendly alternative.

That's a question only the simgurus or developers can really answer. Also, remember that's just my opinion and I could be completely wrong with SP theory too.

Sure he did - you're on the reply announcement - go back to page one and there's his statement announcement.

In dreams - I LIVE!

They haven't even given a statement yet about who won or even about the next vote lmao I mean sure we were supposed to check here for the results anyway but I'd have figured the news team would have made soooome kind of a thing on their news blog about it by now, even just to get a head start on marketing and drumming up excitement for the new SP and getting everyone riled up for the next vote.

I know right? It's weird that they haven't made an official statement on the news blog like they've done with previous vote results. :/

That's a question only the simgurus or developers can really answer. Also, remember that's just my opinion and I could be completely wrong with SP theory too.

But I thought this thread is kinda like stating that laundry won? I'm looking through the Sims blog now and it seems like they didn't make an official blog on the art style or objects either.

Btw, love you signature

Yeah, it has. And we have wait all the way till September for the next voting. *sigh*
    And thank you about my siggie. :D<3
    832XG3D.gif
    edited July 2017

But I thought this thread is kinda like stating that laundry won? I'm looking through the Sims blog now and it seems like they didn't make an official blog on the art style or objects either.

Btw, love you signature

Yeah, it has. And we have wait all the way till September for the next voting. *sigh*
    And thank you about my siggie. :D<3

They may be going to Gamescom and that other electronic show during the next month and August - so they will be busy. Graham always goes to those and he is the Head dev on the Stuff Pack so - summers are pretty busy for him and Maxis and EA.

I can't speak for others - but for me this voting business is fruitless now anyway. It is no longer the pack it was said it was to be - so for me I don't even feel like voting any further. The direction is now to me a deception as it isn't Eco friendly anymore - not with regular washers and dryers and no eco power sources. So it is only fair from here on out for those who wanted laundry to finish the two votes remaining - as I fear I could not possibly do either justice when I find it no longer fits the theme.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

@Writin_Reg , I agree with you. I am not interested anymore because nothing about this pack is Eco Friendly. My only hope is that theme Eco be removed entirely so that an actual Eco pack could be developed instead. I would prefer a game pack, maybe combining these ideas together so that the features have more depth.

I am more than happy to let the simmers that wanted laundry to continue with the project and future votes.
  • BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    They may be going to Gamescom and that other electronic show during the next month and August - so they will be busy. Graham always goes to those and he is the Head dev on the Stuff Pack so - summers are pretty busy for him and Maxis and EA.

I can't speak for others - but for me this voting business is fruitless now anyway. It is no longer the pack it was said it was to be - so for me I don't even feel like voting any further. The direction is now to me a deception as it isn't Eco friendly anymore - not with regular washers and dryers and no eco power sources. So it is only fair from here on out for those who wanted laundry to finish the two votes remaining - as I fear I could not possibly do either justice when I find it no longer fits the theme.

I agree, this should be left to #TeamLaundry to close out, I'm done.

I voted for Dangerous stuff, didn't get it.
    The clothing I voted for didn't get chosen.
    Didn't have a strong preference for the objects.
    Voted for Preserves, with Off the Grid as a strong second, those didn't win either.
    And the gameplay objects just seem shoe-horned into the theme.

Oh well. =(
    tCTe03l.png
    Exactly.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Yeah... But I'm still very eager to know what names are gonna be suggested for the pack and just laugh at those. :D The next two votings are not super important anyway, cuz they're just icon votes and name votes which doesn't even impact gameplay, obviously. I'll still be voting for fun, I guess. :P
    832XG3D.gif
    Yeah... But I'm still very eager to know what names are gonna be suggested for the pack and just laugh at those. :D The next two votings are not super important anyway, cuz they're just icon votes and name votes which doesn't even impact gameplay, obviously. I'll still be voting for fun, I guess. :P

I am interested in what names are suggested, I am sure somebody will come up with something positive to call this pack, I am not passionate about laundry, lol.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Absolutely. I'm on the same boat.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top