Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack gameplay feature vote results!

Comments

• IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    edited June 2017
    Jenniferab wrote: »
    Not to mention cash....
    So how does one edit on this thing? I see no edit button.

You can edit once you become a full member. To become a full member, you must comment at least thirty times and have 100(I believe) points. You gain points by getting likes, awesomes, insightfuls, by posting comments (I think,) and by mentioning others' usernames (I also think.) I think @rosemow can explain it to you better than I can, but you get the gist.

Edited: For wording.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    epohjul17 wrote: »
    @somthingstellar could you please stop with this petition. It is nice enough that EA is letting us be so collaborative and that they are going so out of their way to set up this system. It's ungrateful. Also remember this is their first time doing this. There is going to be some mistakes. It happens. They're learning. And obviously people wanted laundry from the start. I've seen multiple comments saying so. So please. Let's stop the negativity and just be grateful we get to help from here on out.

I was not aware that there was an official forum rule about who could post requests or ideas in that section. @somthingstellar started a petition in the same section that the laundry petition is in?
    Could you please link the rule and the requirements for which simmers are allowed to make a suggestion, provide feedback, or report a bug.

Thank you in advance and Happy Simming!
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    I find this whole thing disturbing. I'm not paying for a fake washing machine and annoying piles of clothes. And I hear its going to cost more than the other stuff packs. The more I think about it though, the more I think I need to get a job at Maxis. I can come up with ideas as good as laundry! And I'll make a killing! And you guys can't do anything about it cause I just wouldn't care what your input is! You're input is worthless cause you're still gonna give me your money no matter how mediocre the content!

I'm totally not against you, but where have you heard it'll cost more? Because if Maxis pulls that plum then it means they're banking on our involvement to make money. I think a lot of players would feel taken advantage of.

They are being taken advantage of. They should feel taken advantage of. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if this is true. They'd be a little stupid not to try it with the way its been going down tbh.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Not to mention cash....
    So how does one edit on this thing? I see no edit button.

You can edit once you become a full member. To become a full member, you must comment at least thirty times and have 100(I believe) points. You gain points by getting likes, awesomes, insightfuls, by posting comments (I think,) and by mentioning others' usernames (I also think.) I think @rosemow can explain it to you better than I can, but you get the gist.

Edited: For wording.

Hello @Jenniferab
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
  • luquralluqural Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm really disappointed that laundry won but I'm even more disappointed and frustrated by the reactions of some of the laundry folks on this thread. I'm not super familiar with the phrases being tossed at us revolving around so called 'simple minds' with 'simple pleasures' but if I'm interpreting them correctly (I could be wrong since my disability makes understanding these sort of weird phrases more difficult) honestly it seems like a pretty degrading phrase, I consider that far worse than someone airing frustrations that the eco features didn't make it into the eco stuff pack. By all means celebrate winning but I'd love it if we could not bring that kind of nastiness into it. :/
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I am disgusted by this results.

I am disgusted by bad attitudes towards others.
    But sadly, I can't fix that.
    (This doesn't mean I was saying you were insulting anyone.)

But I was one of those that voted laundry.
    That doesn't make me lame, or whatever other name "some" are choosing to hurl at others they disagree with. :p
    I wanted it for a Laundrymat, and for those saves that I prefer a bit more realism in.
    (I don't play all my games the same).

What really is ridiculous, is that way back when some mentioned they wanted laundry, others would say they didn't want it, and it would be a waste in GP or expansion. Because they straight-out didn't want it, at all.
    Now that it gets put in a Stuff pack, it's still "wrong".
    CC can't make proper animations, etc, for laundry. I want more than just CC deco pieces, and this might be the only chance.
    I am also very intrigued by having the wash tubs, clothes lines, or whatever else is in it, for a off-the-grid game I plan to recreate on my own.
    (AS much as the game will allow, anyway).
    It seems no matter what, some people's choices are going to tick off others.
    There's nothing wrong with wanting different things for a game.
    But when you start calling other people names, insulting what other people want for their game, well that's straight out wrong.
    It's a game.
    Stop making it personal...

See, this is the problem that I have about this whole thing is that I think the reason why laundry won was because you all just wanted laundry in the game but never stopped to remember that we're creating an eco-theme pack.
    That's a fair point. The link between laundry and "eco living" is tenuous at best. What is happening now is that many are overlooking this fact in their efforts to gloat about how they "got theirs".
    I find this whole thing disturbing. I'm not paying for a fake washing machine and annoying piles of clothes. And I hear its going to cost more than the other stuff packs. The more I think about it though, the more I think I need to get a job at Maxis. I can come up with ideas as good as laundry! And I'll make a killing! And you guys can't do anything about it cause I just wouldn't care what your input is! You're input is worthless cause you're still gonna give me your money no matter how mediocre the content!

I'm totally not against you, but where have you heard it'll cost more? Because if Maxis pulls that plum then it means they're banking on our involvement to make money. I think a lot of players would feel taken advantage of.

They are being taken advantage of. They should feel taken advantage of. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if this is true. They'd be a little plum not to try it with the way its been going down tbh.

I was gonna originally say that it would mean that Maxis DID emotionally manipulate their player base, but I honestly don't want to be accused of being a conspiracy theorist again, so I'm just gonna leave it at that. EA literally has a reputation of being money hungry, so I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up being +5$. I still would actually like to see where this was mentioned, though.

And also, thank you, @rosemow . Sorry to bother you :)
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited June 2017
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    That's a fair point. The link between laundry and "eco living" is tenuous at best. What is happening now is that many are overlooking this fact in their efforts to gloat about how they "got theirs".
    Well I can't speak for others, but I for one, am not "gloating" about anything. :/
    I didn't vote for laundry and forget about the "eco-theme".
    I wanted the clothesline and washtub...
    It was also hard to decide, since I could only get one vote. :#

Although I am well aware a clothes dryer is bad, (IRL) a clothes washer, when washing full-loads, actually uses less water than hand washing.
    Same goes with dish washers. Full loads use less water than washing dishes by hand.
    Maybe the ones that test this, and put out the results out, are wrong. :* Whatever, I don't care anymore.

It's my game, my vote, and I do not appreciate being talked down to just because I voted for something that's disagreed with!
    I didn't get what I wanted in some of the previous voting, I didn't make any threads about it, or kick up a fuss.
    Nor I am going to apologize for wanting something that Maxis/EA offers.

I remember when I was unhappy when there were no pools, open world, and no recolor tool, I was basically told to shut up and go away/called names.
    Now, I am finally a tiny bit happy about something, and I still get flak for it.
    I am not name-calling, telling anyone to go away/stop complaining, or treating anyone the way they treated me/others.
    Some of the comments I have seen the past few days have crossed the line of game discussions, into blatant disrespect towards others.
    I will not be any part of that.

See, this is the problem that I have about this whole thing is that I think the reason why laundry won was because you all just wanted laundry in the game but never stopped to remember that we're creating an eco-theme pack.
    Please do not presume to know how I think, or lump me in with "you all".
    I am not part of any collective/hive mind/clique/group, or whatever term you want to use, and can think very well for myself.
    Since I only have what EA/Maxis gives us to vote for/work with, there's not much else to say about a pack that still won't be out for a very long time. :(
    Also, I am very well aware it's supposed to be "eco" themed. :|
    But I guess the fact I also wanted the washtub and clothesline was "wrong" too?
    *sighs...whatever*

Enjoy the rest of your week . :)
  • rp_girlrp_girl Posts: 103 Member
    edited June 2017

They are being taken advantage of. They should feel taken advantage of. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if this is true. They'd be a little plum not to try it with the way its been going down tbh.

I was gonna originally say that it would mean that Maxis DID emotionally manipulate their player base, but I honestly don't want to be accused of being a conspiracy theorist again, so I'm just gonna leave it at that. EA literally has a reputation of being money hungry, so I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up being +5$. I still would actually like to see where this was mentioned, though.

In the last sentence of the legal disclaimer it says something about the pack being offered "for a separate fee standard to our prior stuff pack launches." I wasn't sure what that meant though.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,576 Member
    rp_girl wrote: »

In the last sentence of the legal disclaimer it says something about the pack being offered "for a separate fee standard to our prior stuff pack launches." I wasn't sure what that meant though.

Holy moly, so it's actually not going to be a usual SP?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited June 2017

I think that's just legalese saying the obvious, that you have to pay for it. Standard indicates to me it'll be the same price as the other SPs. I'm just making an educated guess. People have to state eeeeeverything in legal things these days, including super obvious, boring things.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World

I think that's just legalese saying the obvious, that you have to pay for it. Standard indicates to me it'll be the same price as the other SPs. I'm just making an educated guess. People have to state eeeeeverything in legal things these days, including super obvious, boring things.

Yeah, I think it's just fancy talk for identical prices. Thank goodness. I'm actually starting to get slightly excited for this stuff pack and that would've just blown my roof off. I'm still kinda upset about the abandoned Eco tho. It's like someone said we were all going to get ice cream, but all of a sudden they started driving to go get pizza and everyone else was on board with it except you.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

Holy moly, so it's actually not going to be a usual SP?

They have confirmed it will be the same price as the other SPs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    epohjul17 wrote: »
    @somthingstellar could you please stop with this petition. It is nice enough that EA is letting us be so collaborative and that they are going so out of their way to set up this system. It's ungrateful. Also remember this is their first time doing this. There is going to be some mistakes. It happens. They're learning. And obviously people wanted laundry from the start. I've seen multiple comments saying so. So please. Let's stop the negativity and just be grateful we get to help from here on out.

There's nothing ungrateful about that. There are people like me who signed the petition because EA offered us some great gameplay ideas we want to have in our games. Those features didn't make it in this pack, but we are hoping to see them coming back in their own pack. It is not against laundry, or people who voted for it, or EA either.

Well, I signed the petition for Laundry but voted for Off the Grid in this survey. I'm not sure where the new petition should go though and won't be signing any more. I might change my mind again, you see, if a better option was given to that!
  • JenniferabJenniferab Posts: 8 New Member
    If they confirmed it, that's good at least. I heard it more than once that it would be more spensive. Either way, I'm excited about getting the Sims 3 stuff packs I've been missing! And I never did figure out all the dive spots! :D
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I am disgusted by this results.

I am disgusted by bad attitudes towards others.
    But sadly, I can't fix that.
    (This doesn't mean I was saying you were insulting anyone.)

But I was one of those that voted laundry.
    That doesn't make me lame, or whatever other name "some" are choosing to hurl at others they disagree with. :p
    I wanted it for a Laundrymat, and for those saves that I prefer a bit more realism in.
    (I don't play all my games the same).

What really is ridiculous, is that way back when some mentioned they wanted laundry, others would say they didn't want it, and it would be a waste in GP or expansion. Because they straight-out didn't want it, at all.
    Now that it gets put in a Stuff pack, it's still "wrong".
    CC can't make proper animations, etc, for laundry. I want more than just CC deco pieces, and this might be the only chance.
    I am also very intrigued by having the wash tubs, clothes lines, or whatever else is in it, for a off-the-grid game I plan to recreate on my own.
    (AS much as the game will allow, anyway).
    It seems no matter what, some people's choices are going to tick off others.
    There's nothing wrong with wanting different things for a game.
    But when you start calling other people names, insulting what other people want for their game, well that's straight out wrong.
    It's a game.
    Stop making it personal...

Oh my gosh - why can't people just let it go? Eco friendly was an umbrella term - a generalised term. They wouldn't have included laundry in it if they didn't think it was suitable or weren't happy to make it!
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I think everyone should wait until the pack is made before judging it. I'm noticing that half the people hate the laundry idea because a: isn't eco friendly and b: will be a useless animation pack with laundry being a tedious chore instead of a useful game play object.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited June 2017
    @SimGuruGraham That spinning toilet that @SimGuruNeel made is ideal code for the frontloader washing machine action! Is that possible?
  • nr44nr44 Posts: 9 New Member
    awh man I knew laundry would win! People were coming down hard on laundry but I knew there was no question about laundry winnning
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    For the people who wondered if the video I posted was a fake. I can't answer that but it was paired with a Graham post.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I'm glad to see that video is just a parody/joke because it would be really disappointing if the washer and dryers were exact replicas of ones from TS3. :(
  • JenniferabJenniferab Posts: 8 New Member
    Yeah, apparently the creators and whoever are completely oblivious to the disappointment of the masses. "Graham Nardone @SimGuruGraham
    Progress on laundry is coming along great!! https://twitter.com/NickM97/status/880060670464606208 …
    3:13 PM - 28 Jun 2017" Wonderful........
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Graham and his team will make laundry fun :) imho
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Jase wrote: »
    I'm glad to see that video is just a parody/joke because it would be really disappointing if the washer and dryers were exact replicas of ones from TS3. :(

Well since that video WAS MADE WITH TS3, it was kind of obvious it was a parody.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top