Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

God, I love the Parenthood Game Pack? Why? Because of this.

simslovers456simslovers456 Posts: 213 Member
So one of my sims kids Dorian had turned into "I'm a bear phase" a phase where he will be sad if he is not dressed up as a bear. So he goes everywhere around wearing different style bear suits and I thought it was the cutest and funniest thing ever.
Poor Dorian was getting teased by his sisters, but he didn't care he walks with bear pride.
2py72vl.png
2rpef7t.png

large.jpg

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Cool! I've yet to witness this phase. I keep seeing rebellious, loud and nasty.
  • Options
    HaimonaHaimona Posts: 136 Member
    Cute,my kid is currently going through a clingy phase :)

• Options
    SimsSlaySimsSlay Posts: 57 Member
    The parent can choose to wear the bear costume with the child too which is pretty cool
  • Options
    simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    I've yet to experience this phase but it does seem fun. Glad you're enjoying this pack. :)
  • Options
    KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    I currently have my first kid in this phase - and I love it! It is so cute. And yeah, I had dad dress up as a bear too. :D
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    In my rotational game I currently have three sims in the picky eater -phase (sisters, teen and child and a child in another family). I really wish I'd see just about any other phase, the picky eater is just boring.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    I love the bear phase too! My sim Devin got a sad moodlet when the family went out to a restaurant that had party wear as it's dresscode. Poor Devin changed into his party wear and spent the entire dinner moping around wishing for his bear suit lol.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    My sim child had the bear phase too it was so cute. Now he is a teen and in a rebellious phase.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I love this!! I have yet to see this phase. Thanks for sharing @simslovers456
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I'd enjoy witnessing my sim's kids enter this phase. In one of my families, their daughter is going through a rebellious phase and the other is having a picky eater phase.
  • Options
    SonntamSonntam Posts: 25 Member
    I had picky eater phase and I did not even notice it at all... the child simply ate everything that you put on the table. Food too good to ignore? :D

I did not have the bear phase yet, though I raised 5 kids since Parenthood. Can't wait to finally see it.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Out of interest, how many sim days do phases last?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »

It depends. It may last weeks, it may last some days. Parents can help to end phase quicker. For me, it usually lasted for 3-4 days.
    Phases should also end sooner when sim becomes a young adult. Child-only phases like Clingy and I'm a Bear should also end when child becomes a teen.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    nice teeth though :D
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Sonntam wrote: »
    I had picky eater phase and I did not even notice it at all... the child simply ate everything that you put on the table. Food too good to ignore? :D

I did not have the bear phase yet, though I raised 5 kids since Parenthood. Can't wait to finally see it.

Well there's several levels of picky eaters. Two of my teens are going through that phase at the moment, and all they want to eat is microwave meals, and other quick meals. They'll also generally eat what you give them, but have a bad moodlet about it for a while afterwards.
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    I have a kid in the bear phase too! It wasn't until he came from school that I realized his outfits would change. Looks like you have a teen in a phase too!
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    My sweet, beautiful Celina is a bear, too. She's been one for most of her childhood days. I need to have her parents discourage her, because I want to see her beautiful face more often. :) (I think she's almost a teen now...)

N95o22e.png

BTW, this is Celina and her brother Connor (the same one pictured in the photo above with their grandfather, Johnny Zest (now deceased). Lol, so that shows how long this phase has lasted. XD

3abvjNX.png

• Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Got to admit... I haven't seen much of a difference in the way kids and teens react, even when they're in a phase. Is it really that noticeable? The bear suit is the only one that's noticeable (and they get a moodlet if they don't have the suit on).
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited May 2018
    EgonVM wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »

It depends. It may last weeks, it may last some days. Parents can help to end phase quicker. For me, it usually lasted for 3-4 days.
    Phases should also end sooner when sim becomes a young adult. Child-only phases like Clingy and I'm a Bear should also end when child becomes a teen.

Cheers. :) Was gonna say, the bear one would be awkward for teens. :D

Whoa, just realised I took almost a year to respond! very sorry about that. :#
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Got to admit... I haven't seen much of a difference in the way kids and teens react, even when they're in a phase. Is it really that noticeable? The bear suit is the only one that's noticeable (and they get a moodlet if they don't have the suit on).

Kids get really sad if you don't change them into their bear suit when they wake up or come home from school. I love this phase - it's too cute. Picky eater doesn't have much effect. The loud and obnoxious phase has the kid or teen spitting out foul language every two seconds (and thanks to a bug, the parent can't discipline them for it, either). Clingy doesn't seem to have much effect - maybe it would if I sent the kid off to a play date, but my kids just stay home. Rebellious might be more interesting if I had the parents telling the kid or teen to do certain things, but usually, I'm the one telling the kid to do something.

Teens get some pretty powerful 'mood' phases, usually from something that happened at school. I've had them come home 'enraged', 'very sad', 'mortified' and 'flirty'. My teens always do yoga or run on the treadmill when they get home, both of which usually help to reduce a moodlet's longevity (and better if you send them to 'jog to clear mind' rather than hitting the treadmill). And I love the 'hide in bed' option that comes up for 'mortified' Sims. It's sort of fun to see their walk styles - stomping around when they're angry, or slumping they're sad. And (except for that snotty loud and obnoxious phase), parents can help the kid or teen to talk through a phase. (I have yet to direct a parent go full bear in support of the kid, however.)

I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I have only experienced the bear phase, mean streak and now the clingy phase - the bear is too cute but when they're crying in the shower because they can't be a bear... that's un-bear-able
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I remember that time when one of my sims' child got that I'm a Bear phase. It didn't even last a day. Maybe she was really uncomfortable by the fact that her whole family were wearing the bear costume with her...
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited July 2018
    The bear suit is so funny! Everything looks ridiculous! There should be a thread that's just people's pictures of bear suit shenanigans ;-P

Last bear child I had was Ximena, adopted daughter of Riley and Gwen. R1l9Tzm.png
    timGK57.png8ZOYOjH.png

And this is one of fav pics: little Salsa completing her creative aspiration, while her pregnant professional painter mom stands in her dressing gown giving her lots of encouragement :smiley:n9goOgj.png
  • Options
    EyeofShaktiEyeofShakti Posts: 304 Member
    I reaaaaaally want this pack....I might just get from origin today! >.<
    25up6pu.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    So one of my sims kids Dorian had turned into "I'm a bear phase" a phase where he will be sad if he is not dressed up as a bear. So he goes everywhere around wearing different style bear suits and I thought it was the cutest and funniest thing ever.
    Poor Dorian was getting teased by his sisters, but he didn't care he walks with bear pride.
    2py72vl.png
    2rpef7t.png

2py72vl.png
    2rpef7t.png

So does Dorian have a sad trait?