Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The ULTIMATE Farming/ Farm Life GAME PACK!

Comments

• Options
    ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I need farm life + horsies! :3
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Betley%20farm%20house-19.jpg
    farmland-along-a-road-woodlea-farms-lake-placid-new-york-state-usa-picture-id56255428
    20090323-kentuc-1516.jpg
    Some real life pics :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    I would love to have a pack like this or a variation of.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    This is a good idea.

Although, I don't think that it would be done justice as a GP or even as an EP. Something like this seems like it would be great as a spin-off, like, Medieval.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    They could also greatly incorporate Small pets like birds, snakes and rodents into a Farming Game Pack!
    0b40fadc5f3e0b9b40e1677a9ac42698.jpg

You could catch birds, snakes and rodents around the world or buy common ones by clicking on the pet cage.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited November 2017
    I don't see a Farm theme fitting well in a game pack at all. I mean, just look at Cats & Dogs, they didn't even manage to give us small pets with it. EPs now offer less content than previous games and a farm theme has so many possibilities that wouldn't even fit on an EP, let alone a GP.

• Different animals to breed and take care of, which in turn would give us products like eggs, milk, wool, etc. So chickens, cows, sheep, goats, rabbits, etc.
    • New ways to plant and take care of crops so you can have a field and not spend a whole day tending to it. A tractor that can plant rows of a certain crop and also harvest it. As well as a watering system and maybe a greenhouse + composting, not to mention new crops and fruit trees.
    • Things like making preserves and nectar could also come back. Maybe knitting with the wool the animals give you.
    • A farmer's market where you can sell your products or just visit it and buy stuff.
    • They could also fit some of the things from the eco-friendly SP, like wind turbines and solar panels. Living off the land type of things.
    • There's also the possibility of bringing horses back. Give us an equestrian center where you can buy them, keep them there and ride them if you don't want to have them on your own lot (since most lots on existing worlds are rather small, it would be a waste if the only way to have/ride a horse would be if you have one added to your household.)
    • A countryside world with BIG lots to create your farms. If horses are introduced, then have adequate trails where you can ride them around the neighborhood.

There are an infinite amount of possibilities so I'd rather see this as an EP to be honest, since as a GP we would probably just get a small world and a few new animals and crops and that's it. It would be a shame and a waste really.
  • Options
    Amistri2016Amistri2016 Posts: 65 Member
    > @bythedreadwolf said:
    > I don't see a Farm theme fitting well in a game pack at all. I mean, just look at Cats & Dogs, they didn't even manage to give us small pets with it. EPs now offer less content than previous games and a farm theme has so many possibilities that wouldn't even fit on an EP, let alone a GP.
    >
    >
    > * Different animals to breed and take care of, which in turn would give us products like eggs, milk, wool, etc. So chickens, cows, sheep, goats, rabbits, etc.
    >
    > * New ways to plant and take care of crops so you can have a field and not spend a whole day tending to it. A tractor that can plant rows of a certain crop and also harvest it. As well as a watering system and maybe a greenhouse + composting, not to mention new crops and fruit trees.
    >
    > * Things like making preserves and nectar could also come back. Maybe knitting with the wool the animals give you.
    >
    > * A farmer's market where you can sell your products or just visit it and buy stuff.
    >
    > * They could also fit some of the things from the eco-friendly SP, like wind turbines and solar panels. Living off the land type of things.
    >
    > * There's also the possibility of bringing horses back. Give us an equestrian center where you can buy them, keep them there and ride them if you don't want to have them on your own lot (since most lots on existing worlds are rather small, it would be a waste if the only way to have/ride a horse would be if you have one added to your household.)
    >
    > * A countryside world with BIG lots to create your farms. If horses are introduced, then have adequate trails where you can ride them around the neighborhood.
    >
    >
    > There are an infinite amount of possibilities so I'd rather see this as an EP to be honest, since as a GP we would probably just get a small world and a few new animals and crops and that's it. It would be a shame and a waste really.

I agree with you 100%. I never had the experience of playing the other versions of Sims. Starting to think I chose the wrong version to try out. Sims 4 has been a great disappointment to me considering there is so many things that were left out of what I consider to be necessary in the foundation of the game. Like who doesn't include stages of family in the beginning? The same with pools & laundry. Still no foundation tools or snow? Simulate real life......I don't think so.

Things will never change & we will continue to be taken advantage of as long as Maxis & EA have no competition for this type of game. There has to be developers out there somewhere willing to try........I can dream.
  • Options
    ysa88ysa88 Posts: 260 Member
    edited November 2017
    Yes I would love this as an EP. It would be nice to see it with a theme of rural France or Italy rather than the US themes we generally get. This would open up the game to some really beautiful set design and objects - could you imagine a little French village marketplace? Making your own vineyard and produce.

simblr

ea id: ysa_88
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    I loved farming towards the end of Sims 3! So, so, so many plants and so much to do with them!

Canning, nectar making, cooking, selling, potions... So, so, so many possibilities. And Sims 4 already is showing signs it could surpass that if the Sims team put in the effort (and I am betting they will).

I seriously hope this is the next game pack.
  • Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    I know I shouldn't.. but I have my hopes up that some kind of farming pack will be released I hope it will be an EP so it can include some of the ideas that lost against laundry... I loved building and running a farm /horse ranch on sims 3. My sims are begging for an honest old fashioned farm life. Bring back the technophobes :lol: the world could have a milkman :love: and a farmer's market!! Oh my I must stop.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Early leak of The Sims 4: Farming Game Pack!!1!
    Q1BcYUn_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    No I'm just kidding, but look how awesome a farming/ Off the Grid Game Pack would be! :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    SultanCanAliSultanCanAli Posts: 113 Member
    I sorta gave up on sims 4,i have get together,gtw,vampires,city living,i was going to get cats and dogs but sims 4 gets boring.so now i will go back to sims 3 and wait for sims 5.the only way i will want an expansion is if they make it in the sims 3.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They could also greatly incorporate Small pets like birds, snakes and rodents into a Farming Game Pack!

You could catch birds, snakes and rodents around the world or buy common ones by clicking on the pet cage.

Small pets should be in it's own pack. I don't want them taking up valuable space for farm stuff.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    I sorta gave up on sims 4,i have get together,gtw,vampires,city living,i was going to get cats and dogs but sims 4 gets boring.so now i will go back to sims 3 and wait for sims 5.the only way i will want an expansion is if they make it in the sims 3.

I can't play my Sims 3 :( i tried but mine is hopelessly broken even with the overwatch and errortrap mods. I have to hope for Sims 4 to get good while i save for a better computer.

And sadly Sims 2 is also missing most of my favorite game play and Sims 1 doesnt let the kids grow up, which makes everything pointless to me lmao.

I have to have hope in 4. My inner child depends on it.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Small pets should be in it's own pack. I don't want them taking up valuable space for farm stuff.

Yeah, but I don't think small pets would make up a whole Game Pack... :D maybe they can add small pets in an Expansion like Seasons?
    I do agree, they shouldn't get distracted (like with the Talking Toilet) and focus on the real features like Off the Grid gameplay and new harvestables/ nectar making
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    How the farms in the world should look like
    Sims2SP82010-03-1520-53-47-54.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Where's all the farm animals?
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    SimmerMoon wrote: »
    Sounds fun! I don't think the *entire* world should be without electricity or water, though. If it was a full sized world, one neighborhood without it would be nice. Or maybe include the Off the Grid lot trait like mentioned in the survey?
    Yes,they could have an off the grid lot trsit. I would like to see hay and grain added to the plants, and I would love to see the chickens roam around the property... maybe we could choose coup, or no coup ......, I remember when I was a little girl and went to a rural community.... I saw chickens wandering around without a fence.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Where's all the farm animals?

They're hiding in the barn, along with the new harvestables. ;)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    All this and more types of farming clothes. When I hit the farm in real life, I bring my overalls (and I'm a dude, by the way). Sometimes I wear my plaid shirt under them, sometimes a t-shirt, and on really hot days, no shirt. Straw hats would be nice, too.

And if they did introduce pets, more animals could be added for Farming... who wouldn't want a pet cow or pig. Or a chicken coop!

I think we've already got overalls in the game at least for the NPC gardeners. Just unlock those and put them in regular CAS.

I'd like at least chickens, cows and sheep, but not as pets but actual working animals. Quality of produce would depend on how well you care for the animal, so you could get Perfect milk/eggs/fleece. Fleece from sheep could be spun into yarn, then dyed and used to make scarves and sweaters or other accessories (new Knitting skill) and sold, or gifts for other Sims (return of gift giving!). Eggs and milk could either be sold or used in cooking.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

A small pets GP or even SP could be awesome. We could get small animals with actual interactions outside the enclosure. Maybe we could get snakes that escape from their enclosure and crawl into other household members beds if you neglect them for too long, or maybe you can put the snake in another Sim's bed as a prank. Hamsters and guinea pigs with elaborate enclosures and tubes to crawl through. Maybe even birds that you can teach to talk (and build Charisma).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options

A small pets GP or even SP could be awesome. We could get small animals with actual interactions outside the enclosure. Maybe we could get snakes that escape from their enclosure and crawl into other household members beds if you neglect them for too long, or maybe you can put the snake in another Sim's bed as a prank. Hamsters and guinea pigs with elaborate enclosures and tubes to crawl through. Maybe even birds that you can teach to talk (and build Charisma).

I agree with your agreeing with me! LOL! :D
  • Options
    SimmerSuper6464SimmerSuper6464 Posts: 224 Member
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Wedding in a Barn!
    The concept art for the wedding Stuff Pack would fit perfectly with the Country Living / Farming theme! :)
    A romantic wedding in a barn
    ea-blog-image-bcd-ts4-laundry-16x9-4.jpg.adapt_.crop16x9.1455w.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    cedesdccedesdc Posts: 93 Member
    Goodness this would be wonderful!! I can't tell you how much I was upset nectar-making lost to laundry, in sims 3 it seemed a bit too accessible to get a +54 boost with upgraded and all. How much content did we miss out on choosing laundry??