Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas for future Stuff Packs

Comments

• jazzunicornsjazzunicorns Posts: 185 Member
    I would definitely buy the Seedy Stuff pack. The game definitely needs more lived-in looking furniture and wallpapers. What if I want to make abandoned-looking houses? Or scummy trailer parks?
  • sunwinepizzasunwinepizza Posts: 1 New Member
    I would be excited about a moroccan style stuff pack with outdoor and indoor interior, turbans, a mocha tea maker, beduin tent, Shisha and moroccan meals and kitchen stuff. That would be awesome!

Also a beach pack where sims can go to the beach and swim in the waters, watch the sunset together, sit by the fire would be amazing. Maybe even Ibiza inspired with a beach café, beach parties and of course beach houses. Sims 3 had beaches and I loooooved it. What happened??

As a feedback (I know it's not asked but it really bugs me): I really don't understand why none of the backyard and and patio packs have a sun lounger?? That is a little disappointing I think...
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited July 2017
    Not sure if I or anyone else mentioned steampunk like clothes, decor, and furniture.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Saltysea21Saltysea21 Posts: 182 Member
    Candacis wrote: »
    Seedy Stuff Pack
    Gameplay Elements: Burglar NPC, alarmsystems, barrel with fire in it - warm hands animation
    Build/Buy: Run-down furniture, re-purposed city stuff (old tires as a table etc.), more dirt and messes to place on floors/walls
    CAS: Clothing with tears and dirt, casual slacky stuff like loose ties, crumbled shirts, long t-shirts

Comment: To me stuff packs should enhance niche themes. So, if someone wants to play down on their luck sims, or an enhanced Rags to Riches, they can.

I like that idea! I think that could work well with the run down sort of apartments that came with City Living. Would make for some interesting gameplay.

This is one corner… of one country, in one continent, on one planet that’s a corner of a galaxy that’s a corner of a universe that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying and never remaining the same for a single millisecond. And there is so much, so much to see.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited July 2017
    Pool Stuffpack adds pool waterfalls,pool bars,pool volleyball,underwater games,pool floaties etc.

Wedding Stuffpack

A Skating SP focuses on roller rink skating and also street skates. Adds a roller skating rink venue and lot.

Honeymoon Stuffpack with lip sofas,heart fireplaces,the vibrating heartbed,a heart shaped bathtub and sink,heart shaped hottub,heart shaped clear wine glasses and rose pedals you can place on dining tables.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I still support the idea of an "Alternative" SP, full of the fashionable items for the alternative subcultures/groups and styles:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/916007/alternative-sp-concept-of-the-subcultures-fashion-styles-etc

Hoping that could be a possible pack...

But, to a lesser degree, I like the ideas of:
    -a music-themed SP (includes a broader variety of instruments/musical tools, genres, and CAS/Build Mode items)
    -pets
    -a carnival theme
    -the supernatural
    -death-related things (considerably what was going to be a potential pack from a vote a while back; called the "Dangerous" SP...)

A carnival theme would be more suited for a Gamepack or Expansion.
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    edited August 2017
    Not sure if should be a stuff pack or a game pack, but i would like a pack that centers around more bar stuff and activities. Could be pool tables, bull riding machines or whatever works, but would welcome a pack that support making different bars with different themes. Feel like currently most times you get same kind of bar result across the various worlds(where aesthetics almost only difference), i mean take San Myshuno there is basically 3 locations with Karaoke so feels to much the same Bowling pack was welcome feature as it let make a bowling bar instead of having 3 karaoke bars but really.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member

A Skating SP focuses on roller rink skating and also street skates. Adds a roller skating rink venue and lot.

And skateboarding.

Gallery ID: LDM2
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Something I'd actually buy

Masquerade Stuff
    Event: Masquerade Ball
    Gorgeous Ball Gowns, Dapper Tuxedos, and intricate Masks
    New Dance: Waltzing
    New Romance and Mischievous interactions.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • vronnie67vronnie67 Posts: 64 Member
    Wow..Before I found this forum I had been thinking about how bad I wanting some kind of Japanese or Asian stuff pack-then I saw at the top of the forum, the discussion of that very thing! Great minds think alike. :smiley: So exciting! I hope EA and the people working on stuff packs will consider our ideas.
  • QueenaiiLuvsSimsQueenaiiLuvsSims Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Candacis said:
    > Especially the last two, Fitness and Bowling didn't interest me at all and the fitness one especially felt very disconnected. Not even one deco object that ties into the fitness theme? That felt uninspired. I don't know who chose to do this stuff pack, but please pick one you are a little bit more passionate about.
    >
    > Those are the potential themes I would like to see:
    >
    > Seedy Stuff Pack
    > Gameplay Elements: Burglar NPC, alarmsystems, barrel with fire in it - warm hands animation
    > Build/Buy: Run-down furniture, re-purposed city stuff (old tires as a table etc.), more dirt and messes to place on floors/walls
    > CAS: Clothing with tears and dirt, casual slacky stuff like loose ties, crumbled shirts, long t-shirts
    >
    > Comment: To me stuff packs should enhance niche themes. So, if someone wants to play down on their luck sims, or an enhanced Rags to Riches, they can.
    >
    > Japanese Stuff Pack
    > Gameplay Elements: Koi Pond, Sliding Doors, traditional asian music station
    > Build/Buy: Obviously japanese themed furniture and build items, paper doors and windows, a new roof type and shingles, but the architecture should be more modern, so it could be usable not only in an asian themed playstyles. Just google 'modern japanese furniture' and you get an idea what I mean. Minimalistic, lots of wood, cubic, elegant and thin.
    > CAS: Japanese fashion can be very different and very experimental and playful.
    >
    > Comment: I long for some elegant furniture and I think, a pack as this could provide it as well as give some options for builders.
    >
    > Early Ages Stuff Pack
    > Gameplay Elements: Baby/Toddler Swing, Baby Mobile - baby trying to grab it animation, Baby Shower Party, Stroller perhaps?
    > Build/Buy: Loads more Bassinet variants, other kids-friendly furniture
    > CAS: Of course, a bunch of hairstyles and clothing for toddlers, and for kids as well, and maybe the option to change the onesie the baby has on into different colors/patterns. This would be a pack with more CAS items than build/buy.
    >
    > Comment: This would try and fill some shortcomings the Parenthood Gamepack has when it comes to babies and toddlers.
    >
    > House Party Stuff Pack
    > Gameplay Elements: Beerpong table, Charades game interaction, bottle rockets for fireworks, more Party Types like Teenage Houseparty, Game Night etc.
    > Build/Buy: More variants of the existing games (chess, llama), party decorations like garlands, balloons, colorful lamps for the outside and tables, more bar types and bar stools
    > CAS: Clothes fit for a party
    >
    > Comment: I like the party challenges, but I think, there are too few of them and I would like to see different party types, and more stuff people can do at parties. Some more challenging, difficult parties would also be great.
    >
    > Retirement Stuff Pack
    > Gameplay Elements: Retirement Party Type, an old car to repair and fix up (turn it from a heap of rust into a shiny new looking car - oldtimer), a knitting skill that allows knitting scarves, sweaters, socks etc., looking through photo family album interaction
    > Build/Buy: Comfy, traditional furniture, sofa with cushions, new flowers and bushes, some kitschy decorations, side tables with doilies (or other fabric) on it, bathroom tiles with small pictures on it etc., and some real sized cars (I get they are just deco objects, but that's still better than resizing the kids playcars) and motorcycles
    > CAS: Loads of clothing fitting for Elder sims, car mechanic overall, some traditional hairstyles, glasses and hats
    >
    > Comment: I often have the feeling, that as soon as a Sim ages into an Elder, you are just waiting for them to die. Their exciting parts of life are over. With a stuff pack like that, you could still have some room for their stories. Have the kids visit their weird grandparents house, that maybe looks old, but is so plum cozy.
    >
    > Those are just 5 ideas for stuff packs. Maybe you have your own ideas? Just remember, not more than 2 or 3 gameplay features for a stuff pack. Small stuff that would be too narrow in scope/theme for a gamepack.

I love all of these ideas. I hope at least two get added. I also totally agree with Retirement Stuff, I do think all the fun goes once your sim is old.
  • QueenaiiLuvsSimsQueenaiiLuvsSims Posts: 2 New Member
    There is one pet peeve that I have with TS4 cas. That is the block eyelashes.. why do we have them?! In the sims 3 we had normal,split eyelashes. The Sims 4 ones are just eww. I would LOVE to see this changed and I think other people would love it aswell. Thx
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I want a Stuff Pack with animal-print items, not just "your sim's clothes have an animal face on it."

I also want a pack with more pool things.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    All great ideas but stuff packs only tend to have one or two new items in them.

All these are great if in gp's but a stuff pack.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    edited October 2017
    Would liked a furniture pack, with bunk beds, corner coaches plus large island couches, multifunctional furniture etc..

multifunctional furniture in particular as think would be great to utilize space better especially with large walled rooms.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I would love a pool sp. There is nothing to do with pools I wish there was more objects and fun activities.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Hellagood88Hellagood88 Posts: 76 Member
    I would just really like if there were some 'basic' stuff packs that were espansions for types of object. So a technology pack would include various computers, game consoles, tvs, sound systems, moblie devices. A few purely clothing packs would be great, they could be individual ones for different styles. Furniture style packs would be great too!
  • Uncle_VernonUncle_Vernon Posts: 3 New Member
    So this is probably un-related to most if not all of the things that have already been said in this discussion. But when I saw that there was a place where people could talk about ideas for future stuff packs, I instantly knew what I wanted to say here.
    I know that this idea would be pretty different to the idea of a stuff pack. It may even be something that could be added to an update.
    But here it is. I think that it would be so great for there to be a few improvements made to CAS. My first and foremost wish is for there to be the facility for controlling the height of sims. How is this not already a thing?
    I WANT TO CHOOSE HOW TALL MY SIMS ARE. PLEASE, MAXIS AND EA, PLEASE.
    But also, things like the ability to give sims a favourite colour. To be able to give them aptitudes in things, such as singing. Despite there being a considerable element of practice to the skill of singing in real life, it's mostly about natural aptitude. The same applies to many things. Also, having a colour wheel in order to tailor the colour of things, like hair, skin, eyes and clothes would be such an awesome development. I find it quite weird and frustrating how there aren't hardly any realistic hair colours available. Is anyone else really annoyed about there not being a simple light brown or mousy brown hair colour?
    I just think that a pack or an update that included these things would be so appreciated. How is it that you can control the size of a sims's nostrils and yet you can't control how tall they are? It's kind of ludicrous.
    Well......that's my lengthy rant out there and said. Now all I can do is pray. o:)
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Something to compliment Cats and Dogs. Like, furniture and clothes that's just covered in animal print motifs, maybe an ant farm that actually works more than 'view'.

The trouble with heights is that they affect animations; they're not just a matter of scaling the size of your Sim up. in fact every animation would need to be sorted so that when Sims hug or kiss or sit down or cook, they don't start clipping all weird through things. I can say pretty easily that a height scaler might be something you'd get in a CAS5, but it's not coming in Sims 4.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • KBAM4KBAM4 Posts: 6 New Member
    I would like to see an Arcade Stuff Pack. Different game machines, a claw machine, a prize center.
  • tylermay209tylermay209 Posts: 7 New Member
    Stuff packs would definitely be more popular if they featured different lifestyles in the game. It would add much more variety to the way your Sim interacts with their environment throughout their life.e

I'd also like to see stuff packs based on different forms of architecture. Each one would feature a set of build mode and furniture items based on popular schools of architecture, such as Usonian, Mid-century, Art Deco, et al. This would allow us to enhance and diversify our towns!
  • CrmelsimloverCrmelsimlover Posts: 65 Member
    edited November 2017
    A Seedy/Grungy/Shabby Chic pack sounds good to me too with some Boho Chic thrown in. I don't mind some austerity in my game and well, every sim can't be rich.

I would even entertain something a la World Adventures with a European/Middle Eastern/ Asian/ Afrocentric flavor. I mean we had that stuff in Sims 3 for pete's sake. :*
    lKb34rE.png
    A calm sea never made a skillful mariner.

• CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    We definitely need something for elders. I also feel like we need a part time job pack.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited November 2017
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    We definitely need something for elders. I also feel like we need a part time job pack.
    Cheekybits wrote: »

Some packs for

Newborns
    Teens
    Elders

Great idea for extra part time jobs

Paper round for kids to if only we still had newspapers :(
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• AshlynMckAshlynMck Posts: 22 Member
    I want a barnyard/farm/country pack with horses and possibly a new country town. Or I would like an exotic zoo pack with possibly like an island or whatever. Or a become celebrity LA or New York type pack. But Seasons is a must. Please make Seasons. It will add so much more to the world of sims. :)