Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims are engaged but cannot marry

My Sims got engaged, and even though one was unemployed and the other had a job they cannot marry. He asked her to be his girlfriend, accepted, but he couldn't propose, she proposed to him and was accepted. She keeps asking him to elope but cannot because "it would be wrong to marry an employee!" Since when? She hasn't even got a job, so he quit his and still no go. This has only happened since the last update where we have targets for children and teenagers. My pair went to school together, and got promised. This caused the problem where they couldn't even be boyfriend and girlfriend. So my Sims decided to become friends only, even though they were soul mates. He went off and got another girlfriend, and then he was able to make up with his promised Sim and become boyfriend. Then it all went haywire.

It is so irritating because my storyline has seized up, please sort this out asap. I tried to report it, but am unable to sign in as well on that site, the box comes up but remains blank. What is happening to Sims 4 game, I have never know so many bugs and issues as with this series which has only a fraction of the content in other Sims, 2 and 3 which by comparison were bug free.

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    My Sims got engaged, and even though one was unemployed and the other had a job they cannot marry. He asked her to be his girlfriend, accepted, but he couldn't propose, she proposed to him and was accepted. She keeps asking him to elope but cannot because "it would be wrong to marry an employee!" Since when? She hasn't even got a job, so he quit his and still no go. This has only happened since the last update where we have targets for children and teenagers. My pair went to school together, and got promised. This caused the problem where they couldn't even be boyfriend and girlfriend. So my Sims decided to become friends only, even though they were soul mates. He went off and got another girlfriend, and then he was able to make up with his promised Sim and become boyfriend. Then it all went haywire.

It is so irritating because my storyline has seized up, please sort this out asap. I tried to report it, but am unable to sign in as well on that site, the box comes up but remains blank. What is happening to Sims 4 game, I have never know so many bugs and issues as with this series which has only a fraction of the content in other Sims, 2 and 3 which by comparison were bug free.

try marrying them on a day your sim doesn't work. that worked for me once.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    Other simmers are having the same issue. A workaround is to have your sims break up any romantic relationships that they have with any other sim, and then see if your sims can then get married.
  • Options
    MichlyntyresMichlyntyres Posts: 112 Member
    thank you will try that.
  • Options
    MinajeleMinajele Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey, can someone help me pls ? i think there is something wrong. In create a sim, we are all able to design our sim's body. heavy, thin, big breasteses, whatever we want. In my case, I love to create sims with thick thick legs. The problem pops up when that sim created has a son or a daughter. It doesn´t matter if the conception is through Create a Sim o while playing with them, the son or daughter will ALWAYS have the thinest thinest thinest legs. It does not matter either if both, mother and father have thick legs as hellll, their child will eventually turn out to have really thin legs. I DO NOT HAVE MOD OR CC installed.

PLS SOMEONE HELP ME. I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP.