Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please fix this mess of a game

catwoman2005catwoman2005 Posts: 360 Member
Can someone please take the time out to fix this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 buggy mess of a game please!!!!!!!
Forget all the minor issues, will you just for once take the time to fix the lag the standing around sims being motionless for hours.
This as gone on for to long now with nothing being done about it
Please please please please fix the game
Forget bringing new expansion packs out
Just fix what we already have

[Edit for Caps lock - Yelling. EA_Mage]
Post edited by EA_Mage on

Comments

• Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    edited June 2017
    This is just a SMALL list of nonsense bugs and issues going on with my game and I'm sure plenty of others have the same issues and more. And for the record NO I am not running any mods! I removed all the custom content I have been using IE rugs and paintings and am still suffering these issues. I have repaired the game and reset the folders. It is NOT my computer as computer issues would only cause lag and poor graphics NOT game based issues.

Sims “singing” but no words coming out of their mouths when using the karaoke machine
    Sims standing outside when returning home from work
    Small items vanishing from flea markets
    Small items never showing up on vendor tables at flea markets
    Free boxes never showing up in City Living
    Floating fruits from long gone fruit trees stuck between lots
    Dartboard won’t allow Sims to play game together
    Fireworks not going off at end of festivals
    Cancelling an action and having the Sim continue going to that destination and refusing to stop or do something else until they get there
    Sims staring and nodding at each other for long minutes not conversing or doing actions
    Sims standing and doing nothing while what’s queued doesn’t drop down for a long while if at all
    Items I can't remove in my house inventory as it says "Script failed" and when I sell the item, it's copy in the household vanishes
    Time speeding up and going crazy when Sims woohoo in a bed

Hmm I'm noticing most of the problems are from the City Living pack...

I'm sure there's more or could be more, but right now these are what I can think of off the top of my head. Yes, please EA, fix this game! It wasn't like this when I first bought the base game, but it seems the more "patches" that come out the worse things become.
  • Options
    TonTon Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm having issues with my sims just standing around when it's time for them to go to school it's like the game freezes up and the only thing that helps fix it sometimes is clicking the build mode for a few seconds but even that doesn't work all the time.I even took out the mods folder and it still did the same thing :/
  • Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Ton wrote: »
    I'm having issues with my sims just standing around when it's time for them to go to school it's like the game freezes up and the only thing that helps fix it sometimes is clicking the build mode for a few seconds but even that doesn't work all the time.I even took out the mods folder and it still did the same thing :/

Do I have to completely remove my custom decor mods or is simply disabling them enough?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE THE TIME OUT TO FIX THIS plum BUGGY MESS OF A GAME PLEASE!!!!!!!
    Forget all the minor issues, will you just for once take the time to fix the lag the standing around sims being motionless for hours.
    THIS AS GONE ON FOR TO LONG NOW WITH NOTHING BEING DONE ABOUT IT
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THE GAME
    Forget bringing new expansion packS out
    JUST FIX WHAT WE ALREADY HAVE

I have this as well, it so frustrating.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited June 2017
    Ton wrote: »

Do I have to completely remove my custom decor mods or is simply disabling them enough?

Not sure about this, you might want to remove them from your mods folder and start a test game to see if you are still having problems, as broken CC even if it is just decor can mess with your game, something you should do is delete your localthumbcache, it holds a lot of junk, is not needed for your game to run (it will create a new file) having a large localthumbcache file has caused problems for people that have tried everything else to fix some of their lag problems, this is not a bug fix but might help if your game is a bit laggy.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited June 2017
    @catwoman2005 Have you tried repairing the game or setting it back to factory? Sometimes some saved games can be corrupted. Also a good reinstall of the game can also help out. To set back to factory move your EA folder to your desktop and start up the game. Sometimes I get the lag too but mostly during the Science and Detective career and Usually setting it back to factory can help some bugs.

Edit:If you have your graphics on ultra via game this can cause some epic lag. Also some programs running in the background can hinder the game as well depending on the priority setting and speaking of which lowering the priority settings of the game via Task manager will help too at the best of times. (To lower priority settings open up your task manager>processes>TS4_x32 or 64.exe>priority>Below normal or below. Or simply try setting the game graphics to a specific setting that is easier for you and laptop mode can help relax some of that strain.

Also make sure your graphics card is up to date.

I hope this info does help a little.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I'm currently utilizing dine-out (My current sim owns a restaurant) and there have been some awful glitches and bugs. Customers getting up taking a jog, waiters taking a jog, waiters not serving to a table so they, the customer, end up leaving. If I put any type of musical instrument or fish tank they will get up out of their seats and look at it or try to play the instrument, they don't stay in their seats and mingle WAY too much. They are constantly dancing. I had a sim I hadn't even hired come to work as my chef and I'm like where is my trained chef? (I use NPC's that live in houses so they don't get culled). I've never noticed so many glitches and bugs, but then again I've only used Dine-Out in this sense a few times when it first came out. I really hope they fix the glitches and bugs it seems to get worse with every new pack.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE THE TIME OUT TO FIX THIS plum BUGGY MESS OF A GAME PLEASE!!!!!!!
    THIS AS GONE ON FOR TO LONG NOW WITH NOTHING BEING DONE ABOUT IT
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THE GAME
    Forget bringing new expansion packS out
    JUST FIX WHAT WE ALREADY HAVE

I have that problem too and I don't use mods or CC. They just stand there doing nothing for hours! It's so annoying. One of the reasons I don't play the Sims 4 that much. :sweat: I hope they fix it soon because I really want to enjoy the game. :smile:
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Sims standing around and game freezing as been there a while, my game does this sometimes, i have noticed if it freezers i look for a teen or child doing homework, if sims talk to non playable sims doing homework out in your neighbourhood it can freeze your game look around next time your game freezers and reset the sim doing homework, the homework bug as been there sometime now and needs a fix.
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    edited June 2017
    DyingLight wrote: »
    I have that problem too and I don't use mods or CC. They just stand there doing nothing for hours! It's so annoying. One of the reasons I don't play the Sims 4 that much. :sweat: I hope they fix it soon because I really want to enjoy the game. :smile:
    Mods arent all bad. And if it makes the game enjoyable again, whats the harm? At least the community is doing what the devs obviously cant. Make the game fun.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited June 2017
    @MzPigglyPooh Have you tried to do a repair to the game? If it doesn't help resetting back to factory does wonders too. Also if it doesn't do justice try reinstalling the game but make sure you have back ups of your saved games before you reinstall. That can at the BEST of times fix most of the bugs otherwise it could simply be your saved games or some households you have.

Hope it helps.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    Resetting the game, repairing the game or blaming the savegame doesnt really fix the issue. Even with a clean install and fresh game with fresh imports from the library the issues are there. Its hard for some people to accept but some bugs cant be fixed on our end. We know, we tried for nearly two years according to bug reports. The devs obviously failed for the same duration. If a simple repair of the game could fix it, wouldnt that be big news already???
  • Options
    SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    Zasz wrote: »
    Resetting the game, repairing the game or blaming the savegame doesnt really fix the issue. Even with a clean install and fresh game with fresh imports from the library the issues are there. Its hard for some people to accept but some bugs cant be fixed on our end. We know, we tried for nearly two years according to bug reports. The devs obviously failed for the same duration. If a simple repair of the game could fix it, wouldn't that be big news already???

You're completely right. I made myself a daily habit, almost like job by repairing the game before starting playing it. Of course, no miracle happens. Reinstalling? I have done it 3 times in the past two month. Resetting? If reinstall does not work, I don't believe resetting will.
    I choose to give up to free will and to 4 sims of my household, I aged up the kids because 8 o'clock became my worst nightmare in this game. In big lines, I am trying to make this game working like it did few months ago. And it is less and less fun. I am not using cc or mods and I refuse to blame my savegame for the bugs. I delete old saves anyway, use save as always and keep only 3-4 saves.
    What more should I do? (rhetorical question)
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I don't understand why my sim mother has to go out of the house, around the house to teach her toddler manners or say please and sorry.
    Another weird thing is when I'm trying to send teen to sleep using the needs bar to order that action, it sends him to check on toddler insead to bed if toddler is not sleeping at that moment.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Having tons of stuff in your sims inventories cause lag to.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    I've stopped playing it's so buggy and laggy takes aa the experience for me.
  • Options
    catwoman2005catwoman2005 Posts: 360 Member
    The amount of times I have repaired my game, cleared cache, cleaned out folders, moved folders around, deleted and started again, I have lost count these things DO NOT WORK! The problems are within the game not my laptop. I do not use Mods or CC either. The game is just one big mess of bugs and glitches and nothing is being done about it as I say. All they are interested in these days is making more money, not making the game better for players to enjoy.
  • Options
    Akalina1000Akalina1000 Posts: 2 New Member
    I wish they would fix this!!! I have a new PC, New install and one family and it still does it. I cancel Tasks..nothing
    :(
  • Options
    FenrirPendragonFenrirPendragon Posts: 3 New Member
    totally agree with the op on this. at this point the game is starting to be held together with bubblegum and duct tape.
  • Options
    turmalina007turmalina007 Posts: 118 Member
    At this point I'm just waiting for the game to become unplayable, just like Sims 3 did. Eventually they would just be stuck, no matter how good your computer is. I even sent my computer back to service cause my screen was keep going green and Black. They put my graphic card on maximum and it worked good, so of course it's Sims again. So sad that they can't test game before selling it
  • Options
    chmocachmoca Posts: 7 New Member
    Right now I have tons of mods. But I played with two other computers who didn't:

Cleaning up the dishes only to get a sim reset when there's no plates left to pick (instead of going to a sink)

PLEASE.
  • Options
    Hugme556Hugme556 Posts: 76 Member
    Hello, everyone! I been in the problem where my game is changing the title of premade outfits from the Dine Out girl outfit with the skirt it was named something else but now named "mad jelly". It's getting weird. Next, all of a sudden I get new clothes that popped up and then the next day it's gone and the highlight thing on my icons are there but nothing new is in there. What could this be? Please help I'm new to this problem!
  • Options
    VisenyaDaisyVisenyaDaisy Posts: 18 New Member
    lmao i second this. sims games aren't usually this broken, but i have noticed SO many bugs and glitches in sims 4. the one where sims just stand around doing nothing while in the middle of a task (e.g. standing there in front of the fridge for 10 minutes before taking food out) is so annoying. hope they fix it soon
  • Options
    teniacrowteniacrow Posts: 1 New Member
    I have called EA support several times to help with the numerous issues to the sims 4 where are the patches? I would love also to talk with someone I can understand...
  • Options
    LemonlyLemonadeLemonlyLemonade Posts: 1 New Member
    Whenever I create my family on sims 4 it won't let me move them in anywhere. :/ but i can make another family and that's all i can do at the moment :( I was hoping after i finished creating my sims i can finally start playing but it won't let me play fully.when i create my sims they seem to disappear after i click the checkmark. unless I just don't know how to play the game (I really don't) but it seems so easy and it doesn't look like i'm doing anything wrong.