March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sophistication & Sass - Please read announcement on page 19

Comments

• annathefantabulousannathefantabulous Posts: 200 Member
    @Evergreen226 @SimlishPopstar Yeah, I know that pose player exists, but it never seems to want to work for me so all of my posing is usually done in CAS. I will try the blob remover though! Thanks so much! <3
  • SimlishPopstarSimlishPopstar Posts: 204 Member
    @annathefantabulous that's sad to hear (pose player), but I'm glad I could at least help you with the blob! :) Well assuming it works!
    Good luck!
  • Skyler1802Skyler1802 Posts: 82 Member
    edited July 2017
    That was pretty intense. I'm ready to try some more! Your comments btw were all so professional sounding - I love it.

One of my suggestions was making images larger. I've checked the editing guides but they seem a little tedious and easy for me to mess up (taking multiple images of the sim's body and aligning it all together in PS). Is there a camera control to flip the camera on to its side somehow? I've read about people saying they do this but the controls they give never work for me. :(
    Hey, check out my new simblr! : http://keepinitsimsple.tumblr.com/
  • VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    @Skyler1802 I know how to rotate images in Sims 3 and that's easy, but as far as I know for Sims 4 it's all about what resolution you play at and the settings you use for the in game camera. For instance if you have the camera set at medium quality, it's going to produce smaller images than when set at high quality.

Another thing I know people tend to do is to take close-ups of segments of the scene and piece them together in an editing program to produce a larger image. You have to be really careful, concise, and constant with your camera angle for that though.
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
    @Vanadis Oh okay thank you, I'll have a look at my in-game settings next time I'm on.
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    @Skyler1802 Sims 3 has camera turning, but not Sims 4. That is why S4 users need to align images for bigger shots. It's actually not that hard if you are careful with taking your pictures. If you just want them to be slightly bigger, taking two pictures and combining is enough (so a shot of the chest area and then one of the legs). Some of us like big images to work with because we have more options that way (and the quality is great), so we take 4 or 5, which can be excessive for a beginner. I recommend just doing two for now, get comfortable combining them, then work your way up. Word of advice, make the camera cut-off point overlap for each shot. So if the camera for the chest shot ends at the belly button, your leg shot should start slightly above the belly button. This will make combining easier, and if not done this way you might have pieces of your sim missing.

I've been updating the combining tutorial I made forever ago, so it will give a step by step process for people to learn from, but it isn't finished yet, just a few more sections left. I'll also be including the images I took for people to follow along and practice with.

I've been meaning to look into making or requesting a mod for the S4 camera to turn, but I have a feeling it won't be possible. Still going to check it out, but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up.

And agree with Vana, check your camera settings. Make sure it saves as PNG, and it is high quality and large (can't remember the exact settings but I think there's only a few). Also, only take pictures in full screen. Window mode squishes the images.
    @MizoreYukii Looks like I'll just have to give it a go. I'll try with two first, and if I struggle, I'll shoot you a PM. Thanks for the advice.

That mod sounds like a great idea.
    edited July 2017
    (Sorry for pretty much taking over this thread.)

Am I allowed to change my model's hair? Let's say she got extensions put in. ;) I think the hair I chose is pretty limiting.
  • NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    edited July 2017
    Deleted

LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    Assignment 2 Portrait
    Sasha- Sophistication
    YbWEAkx.png
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Checking in! Agree completely with your comments. My photo was quite rushed and I hated the pose.
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • heather1306heather1306 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Skyler1802 wrote: »

Am I allowed to change my model's hair? Let's say she got extensions put in. ;) I think the hair I chose is pretty limiting.

hair can be changed in competitions... well I know all the ones beech has ever ran... only thing can't be changed throughout is facial features!
    39508532972_d4ae4b6e81_o.gif
  • heather1306heather1306 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Also checking in and thank you for scores... I have to admit the squashed looking was me I was just too lazy to fix it, can't wait to find inspo for the new assignment! I love both the entries so far, gonna be hard to think up something better!
    39508532972_d4ae4b6e81_o.gif
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member

hair can be changed in competitions... well I know all the ones beech has ever ran... only thing can't be changed throughout is facial features!
    And body features too.
    @MizoreYukii Oh wow, I feel silly about the image size thing after reading it, sounds a little simpler than I would've imagine, I might try to the large image thing to get a hang of it, doubt I could take full advantage of it but its definitely worth trying out to improve!
  • JennaCatzJennaCatz Posts: 760 Member
    Checking in. :)

Thank you everyone for the kind comments and the judges also. :) I didn't really expect to come first place within my team beacuse there were so many good entries. Everyone did sooo well last round :)<3
    nenKuBE.gif
  • ArtsyAmyArtsyAmy Posts: 1,312 Member
    Checking in...
    Wow! Can't believe I got 2nd place!!! Conratulations to @Jendowoz0612 & @JennaCatz! B) Thank you judges for the scores and comments! :)

@annathefantabulous @NShippudenFan Nice entries ladies! B)
    LCTYbER.gif
    Judging In: Versace's Finest | Simplistic Magazine Competition-CYCLE 2

"Anyone can criticize; Can YOU inspire?"-unknown
  • TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    @Skyler1802 --- With Camera Set on High Quality first.........Then when IN GAME Which is easier Just make a generic lot for your model's to pose with the "POSE PLAYER" There are tons of poses out there for Pose Player.....Simply Click on her and they will come up ONCE you have them and Pose Player in your Mod's Folder.............I know this sounds confusing a bit..........confused me at first but I think Its the BEST Way to get big shots with the Sims 4 Camera.......

I will explain: Make the "ROOM" Generic ( My Modelling Studio as I call it Has all their needs etc )..........Make sure there is Lighting above where you pose her and with that lighting Adjust the Lighting to Not Bright but a Bit muted in the Colours it takes the "Yellow" away..... Just Simply POSE her.......and go STRAIGHT IN....Like Dragging her to the Camera ..........Take a Shot of Half her Body...........Keep her in the exact Position then to take the shot of the Other Half of her body......Simply use Your "ARROW" Keys to go down and take shot or shots It's LIKE your Piecing her together and then take those shots into Photoshop or whatever editor you use and they will be on different layers of course ........ and Roughly Cut her out.........THEN Put all Layers ON ONE Layer much bigger Size of course...... and use the MOVE tool......to match her up
    NOW there are times when they don't match Perfectly.....so Using Transform.....Or too Using Warp within Transform RIGHT CLICKING in Transform brings up Warp you can get everything to LINE UP like its ONE BIG SHOT..........Now there might be Lines there that you need to LIGHTLY Smudge though piecing her together...........Anyway, That's How I was taught to do it..........Good Luck! Hugzzzzzz <3
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,211 Member
    edited July 2017
    Thanks, @ArtsyAmy495 and congrats to coming second too. :) Great job, @JennaCatz for team sassy, so proud of you. Well done to everyone else too! :)
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

Round 2 - Fashion portrait - sophisticated

ftfhPUL.png

• ArtsyAmyArtsyAmy Posts: 1,312 Member
    @Jendowoz0612 Awesome entry! Love the colors and cool butterfly...Sweet! B)
    LCTYbER.gif
    Judging In: Versace's Finest | Simplistic Magazine Competition-CYCLE 2

"Anyone can criticize; Can YOU inspire?"-unknown
    Thanks, @ArtsyAmy495

I didn't get the chance to comment before but as more entries being submitted for the next assignment everyone's is looking Gorgeous up to now!
  • BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
    edited July 2017

Anything can be changed on your model at any time. We only ask that her skin color stay the same unless we ask you to make her a blue alien or something :)

Oh, and facial and body features need to remain the same too.
    6rj4Q13.png
  • BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
    @MizoreYukii :: I'm sending you a message...
    6rj4Q13.png