March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sophistication & Sass - Please read announcement on page 19

BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
edited August 2017 in The Sims 4 Sims and Modeling
iAOtstv.png

With Face Off coming to an end, I think it's time for me to start up another modeling competition! I'm going to step out of the box of the typical competition style and bring you something new (to me): team-style competition!

In this competition, there will be two teams: Team Sophistication and Team Sassy - you will get to choose which team you are on when you sign up, but spaces are limited due to the way in which eliminations will take place!

Don't let the word "team" fool you, however... You will be competing against other members of your team, and in the end, we will have TWO winners - ONE from each team!!! Each round, there will be an elimination from each team.

The team you choose will determine your requirements throughout the entire competition. You will have to showcase your skills as a sophisticated stylist, photographer, and model for Team Sophistication OR you will show us the sassier side of fashion; putting a unique touch on the makeup, styling, and setting for your model on Team Sassy!

Assignments will be mixtures of headshots and full bodyshots - all done in editorial/magazine styles! That means simplistic settings that allow us to focus on your beautiful model! Take a look below at the assignments for more information and to help you decide which team you'll be on!

QuV826M.png
No negativity, this includes belittling yourself
No copying and No Fighting
Editing is recommended, but not required
You may draw your own clothing, hair and objects
Extensions granted to the person asking if asked 24 hours before deadline
Assignments last 7-10 days depending on my schedule
2 Day extensions MAX - I will be sticking to this requirement this cycle.
No editing submissions once you've posted them to the forum
Have fun!!

vNHbr1y.png
u6wF3zQ.png

NEEDS TO CHECK IN
Anduar & Nariel Liu
Heather1306 & Sophie Black

CHECKED IN

ASSIGNMENT SUBMITTED
NShippudenFan & Sasha Smith
Jendow & Allie Denson
Anna & Breanne Muller
SimlishPopstar & Vivienne Jones
Abelhinha35 & Angelique

EXTENSIONS GRANTED

LeybAi1.png
qMAvckh.pngjNaFs1n.pngn7l0UMa.png
6rj4Q13.png
Post edited by BeechNutBaby on

Comments

• BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
    edited August 2017
    3SG7J8U.png

ASSIGNMENT 5: BLACK & WHITE MODERN

It's been a while since I've required a black & white image, so I thought it'd be nice to do one! For this assignment, you will want to think about fashion editorials that you would see in magazines. They are often dressed a little oddly for the sake of fashion and their settings are quite simple - but you will want to play with lighting and shadows to make your photo stand out!

For this assignment, please think outside the box for how you style and pose your model. Your clothing should be high fashion and not too simple or safe - be daring! Even for you team sophisticated!

A good tip: do a Google search for fashion editorials or high fashion photography in black & white and you will find some fabulous examples (like the ones I found)

Good Luck!

REQUIREMENTS
    ONE PHOTO PER CONTESTANT
    FASHION PHOTO
    FULL BODYSHOT
    BLACK & WHITE EDITORIAL

In regards to THIS competition...

Team Sophistication: The judges will look for specifics in your photo that cater to the more conservative side of fashion. That means tasteful wardrobe pieces, elegant and beautiful makeup and hair style choices, and poses that are high fashion, but not so outlandish that they appear over-the-top! Keep it beautiful, keep it sweet, and most of all - keep it classy!

Team Sassy: The judges will look for specifics in your photo that cater to the more daring side of fashion. That means bold wardrobe pieces, funky and fresh makeup and hair style choices, and poses that are high fashion AND a bit over-the-top! Still, keep it beautiful, keep it fun, and most of all - keep it sassy!

*the example photos shown are only meant to serve as inspiration.

EXAMPLE:
    Ru35Iia.png
    DEADLINE: AUGUST 22ND

SLdP4Ve.png
    In this competition, we will use a standard scoring rubric and judges will also give comments and critiques.

The Scoring Rubrics are almost identical, but I've made 2 separate ones so that judging is simpler to understand.

Judges are asked to judge the photos in the style in which they are meant to be - for example: we will not be comparing Sophisticated "A" and Sassy "A", but rather comparing Sophisticated "A" to Sophisticated "B" and so on. Remember, you're competing with the other members of your TEAM, not those from the OTHER team!

SOPHISTICATED SCORING RUBRIC
    Photo Quality: /10
    Photo Presentation: /10
    Sophisticated Appeal: /15
    Creativity in Styling: /5
    Requirements: /5
    Judge's Preference: /5
    Total: /50

SASSY SCORING RUBRIC
    Photo Quality: /10
    Photo Presentation: /10
    Sassy Appeal: /15
    Creativity in Styling: /5
    Requirements: /5
    Judge's Preference: /5
    Total: /50

Beginning with round 2, each team will have one person eliminated. The teams will be ranked in a slideshow with the eliminated models being revealed at the end.

Photo Quality: How crisp and clean is your image? Is it free of unintentional blurred spots? Is it free of choppy edges or obvious areas where your model was cut out of a previous background? Are your poses clean so that your model's limbs are not borked and wacky?
    Photo Presentation: Is your photo a relatively good size so we can see all detail? Is your model placed in a way that is appealing to the eye? Is your setting good and meets the requirements? Did you crop your photo nicely in a way that makes us like what we see?
    Sophisticated/Sassy Appeal: Depending on your team; did you meet the requirements for your designated style? This includes not only clothing, but hair, makeup, and pose as well.
    Creativity in Styling: Did you choose outfits and accessories that are good for your designated style as well as interesting and unique? Did you style your model's hair and makeup in a pleasing way (that fits your designated style)?
    Requirements: There is a list of requirements as well as requirements written in the assignment description, did you follow them?
    Judge's Preference: Judges have opinions too and we will be fair, but we want you to see whether or not we absolutely loved your photo here.

1JMt9OX.png

TEAM SOPHISTICATED

Rpn0gWs.png iCXKBZL.pngc1kqvKt.png jGyTynw.png

TEAM SASSY

mJXTD3f.png gyHWTpI.pngiBN0za2.png
    6rj4Q13.png
    edited August 2017
    AbRQMSR.png

FIRST, SOME WORDS FROM BEECH:

I promise to work on my speed on getting these up. Fingers crossed I'll have no more forum issues!

You all did very well and I thought you all had some excellent ideas with your shots. Scores were SO CLOSE!! So keep that in mind! Thanks again for your patience!

In regards to the slideshow...

Your scores and comments are posted on an outside website in alphabetical order based on your simming username! Your final placements will be shown in a slideshow that is on the same page as your comments.

Please watch the entire slideshow in order to see where you ended up. Remember!!! You are competing against your fellow teammates so you will see 1st-7th placements for BOTH teams!

DnF7Kp2.png
    If the button above does not work, CLICK HERE to see scores and comments.
    If neither link above works, TRY THIS LINK instead.
    6rj4Q13.png
    6rj4Q13.png
  • JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Ooh great competition theme, @BeechNutBaby
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Meeee please! I want to be team sassy :D
    @MizoreYukii :: Thank you! <3

@JoeJoe11 :: Join me my dear!!

@kittymeow :: You got it!
    6rj4Q13.png
  • MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member
    Ooh this looks interesting, team sassy please :D
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
  • JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    I'm sorely tempted! Leaning towards sassy... I'll decide soon

@kittymeow you're so prolific! I don't know how you find the time :D
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    edited June 2017
    Oooh this does sound interesting!! I'll reserve...I'm thinking I might do better with sophisticated.styling wise and such.? Lol, if that makes sense! XD
    Post edited by NShippudenFan on
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    Ohhhhhhh I LOVE THIS IM SOOOO TEMPTED... BUT, I should try to launch "Create" ... ohhhhhh so torn!!!!
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • heather1306heather1306 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Ooh reserve me please?
    This would be a great comp for the summer! I'm definitely going team soohistacated as it's deffo more me and my styling!
    39508532972_d4ae4b6e81_o.gif
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    I kind of want to join but I don't know if I should....xD

@NShippudenFan Makes sense to me! From what I've seen of your styling, I'd say sophisticated would suit you better. I'm sure you'll do great on either team though!
  • ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited June 2017
    @heather1306 Heeeeeyyyyy! Long time no see. *tackles and hugs*

@BeechNutBaby Stop tempting me with these things! Grrrr! :p I would join, but I'm hoping to be employed this summer. I've been a lazy simming bum long enough. :D Plus I'm working on a sim story too. So I'm sticking to 1 comp at a time now.
    gotcha on the list peeps!
    6rj4Q13.png

Username: Kittymeow
    Model Name: Kenya Obi
    Team Selection: Sassy
    Headshot:

6AVUX3A.png
    edited June 2017
    @JoeJoe11 I have to find the time because I love modelling, it helps take my mind away from real life problems. :D
    It would be awesome if you join, I'd love to compete with you again!!
    Just wanted to make sure you saw this clarification regarding judging as I may not have been clear:

"The same rubric will be used for both teams! Judges are asked to judge the photos in the style in which they are meant to be - for example: we will not be comparing Sophisticated "A" and Sassy "A", but rather comparing Sophisticated "A" to Sophisticated "B" and so on. Remember, you're competing with the other members of your TEAM, not those from the OTHER team!"
    6rj4Q13.png
    Love the model @kittymeow
    6rj4Q13.png
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    This sounds freaking AWESOME!!!!!
  • VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Okay so I need something to take my mind off school (just know if it's due on a Friday I WILL ask for an extension...) I wanna sign *gasp* MIDORI up for Sassy! She's a sassy lady, what can I say? She's who Ace gets it from! And I know you love her so I'll give her some love.
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
    I'm still deciding which model to use! Think I'll go for a new sim I created recently! ;). Should be interesting! Well see how long I last in this one, since I have been eliminated a bit already in others! Haha. But it's okay, everyone's just so amazingly talented and I'm still a beginner/not as good I feel like, but I'm trying my best! :). Will try to have an app up later today/night!

• TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    edited June 2017
    OHHH How I LOVE Your Comps............BEECH!!!!!! SO I am IN............Please Reserve Me On Team...........Sassy! <3@BeechNutBaby
    MODEL SIGN UP
    Username: NShippudenFan
    Model Name: Sasha Smith
    Team Selection: Sophisticated
    Headshot:
    x0qa4Mg.png