Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4: Crime and Deviance game pack

SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
edited June 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
- Reintroduces the Burglar and Police into the game

- New career: Burglar - control your Sim as he/she breaks into other Sims' houses to collect the most valuable items they can. But don't get caught! If you do you will go to jail for 1-5 days, get a fine and be treated as a social outcast when Sims see your mugshot appear on the new 'Crimewatch' TV channel!

- New skill: Burglary - well how else are you going to be successful in disabling that burglar alarm, cutting power to your victims' houses or walking on your tiptoes while your neighbor sleeps soundly?

- New skill: Selling - How else are you going to profit from your theft?! Learn the tricks of the selling trade and how to sell your stolen horde to other Sims. As your skill increases you will be more likely to not only sell your items but for a higher price than what the item is actually worth. Sims gain a 'happy +1' moodlet when they sell an item, and an additional 'confidence +1' moodlet when they sell something for above market value. Ideal mood to increase likelihood of a successful sale: Confident.

(Note: if you delete an item your Sim has stolen you will get 0 simoleons - they must be sold to another Sim if you want money. Also, any Sim can sell their items in this way it isn't limited to burglars)

- New skill: Crime prevention - learn how to protect yourself from the dastardly crime wave that is sweeping the Sims universe. Learn how to create and install a door lock that is harder for an intruder to pick and how to create traps that will catch burglars that do enter your home. Also learn how to deter burglars from targeting your home at all including security cameras, a well lit front and back door or a very loud audio track of dogs barking that will play whenever a burglar is in the area and is 100% effective for NPC burglars.

- New interaction: Tackle - Is there an intruder in your house?! Are the police taking too long to arrive!? Is he/she about to get away?! You may have to take matters into your own hands. Grab that pair of handcuffs from your 'burglar safety pack' that was dropped off by the police shortly after you moved in and select the 'tackle' interaction on the intruder. If your Sim's crime prevention skill and fitness level is high enough the burglar should be in handcuffs when the scuffle is over and the police will financially reward you when they arrive. If you lose however your embarrassed Sim is likely to get into bed and hide from everyone... that is if they still have a bed.

- New action: Run! - No burglar wants to get caught! Your Sims may do this unnecessarily if they have a low level burglary skill and there isn't much you can do to stop it...

- Teens now congregate and cause problems outside businesses, prevent this with a low frequency deterrent device that only they can hear or call Mrs Crumplebottom - she is sure to get rid of them.

Comments

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    This sounds like fun if I want to become a burglar we already have the job criminal mastermind and one of the levels is being a burglar.
    I like where your going because kleptomaniac steal stuff but its not like a burglar and also vamps breaking into houses? That is so unrealistic like please devs give us back the actual burglars please.
  • Options
    deszinkdeszink Posts: 3 New Member
    Sound like a fun addition! I would play this for sure.
  • Options
    AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    as nice as this sounds, it sounds very unlikely they'd get this in depth and do something like this
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    and if you Have Get to Work, Please let it Add to the detective Career
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    OMG this sounds like so much fun and more chaos that some Simmers like me desperately need!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    This game is rated as PG 12 I don't think that they would add burglary system as an active career. It against educational values and positive messages the game refers as a PG 12 game so I won't get my hopes up about this idea even tho I'd like to have burglars like the ones we had in the previous games before
  • Options
    SimlishPopstarSimlishPopstar Posts: 204 Member
    This would be a fantastic GP!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I would really like this as well
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    AarikainamericaAarikainamerica Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been saying this for the history of the sims. We need it to be more realistic with crime lol it would definitely spice the game up
  • Options
    TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    How about appointing cowplants as guards?
  • Options
    geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    last time i looked kelpto was broken did they fix that. don't use it because it puts the stolen stuff into the household bin, the household you stole off. great idea though :)
  • Options
    FujiSushiFujiSushi Posts: 55 Member
    Yes! I might sound weird for saying this, but I miss burglaries and jail time in the new sims. TS4 feels a little too safe without them.
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    The game does feel a little too safe and easy without burglaries and jail. For the former, just make them work like the Vampire break-ins, except with trying to suck your blood, they steal items. And like the OP mentioned, there should be ways to detect a break-in.

For the latter, just spawn a police car for when your Sim...uh...

Well, looks like we'll need ways for your Sim to be arrested, excluding the OP's ideas.
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    I would like this too. Judges, lawyers, REAL police. It would be cool if you are caught to have a trial or try to defend yourself, bribe a judge, etc. Sentenced to jail and have to stay in a cell wearing an orange jumpsuit, plan future heists with cell mates, if you cause more trouble in jail they could put you in solitary, allow visitors day, etc.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Lots of interesting ideas here, especially the defensive/prevention ones. A couple more for vampire victims: sprinkler at the door that dispenses garlic juice if a vampire is there, floodlights that have the same effect as the sun at high noon-same trigger system as the garlic juice.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I would love a game pack that followed this general theme!
    On the note of selling the hot goods, I think it would be grand to meet up with a "fence" in a dark alley somewhere to transfer the stolen goods to him/her if you don't want to try to sell them yourself.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Yes, this would be so fun and add it to the get to work police career
  • Options
    cjosecjose Posts: 265 Member
    I'd like to see burglary as a job again and see jailtime for bad burglars and things.... It was in the others. Why is it not in this one? Even if they decide not to go as in depth as things are in this forum post, I hope they at least decide to include what was already in previous games.
  • Options
    ValeahValeah Posts: 98 Member
    It sounds so fun. It could introduce an element of interesting chaos (in a good way).
  • Options
    JocheyJochey Posts: 58 Member
    This is a cool idea! I would've never thought about it myself... (:
    she fell for him and hasn't gotten up yet -russ
  • Options
    NikkiIsisNikkiIsis Posts: 44 Member
    is this a petition> if so please consider me signed.