Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Foster parent challenge

Reposting this in (hopefully) the right place :-)

Imagine kids so screwed up by their original parents that they had to be taken away from them, and given to a new pair of parents to be raised in a loving caring family.

Rules:
You create at least one sim to be the foster parent. You place them in a lot, giving them only the game amounted money that comes with your new family. You create them a home, without using motherlode or kaching.

You play on a medium length.

Then once you have your fosterparents, you have your sims randomly adopt at least two toddlers. (you can increase the number of toddlers if you want to increase the level of difficulty) For each toddler you adopt, you can use kaching to add 1.000 simoleons to the family each week as child support.

Personally I'd prefer randomizing the toddlers traits, but if you want to increase the difficulty, you could make sure to only pick the most difficult traits like say clingy, wild or picky.

Whether your sim has a job or not, is up to you.

But here comes where it gets interesting. Before you continue, you select each toddler and use these cheats:

testing cheats on

stats.set_stat lifeskillstatistic_conflictresolution -100
stats.set_stat lifeskillstatistic_emotionalcontrol -100
stats.set_stat lifeskillstatistic_empathy -100
stats.set_stat lifeskillstatistic_manners -100
stats.set_stat lifeskillstatistic_responsibility -100

The objective is to parent these poor toddlers who start out with full negative character values, and raise them to be good respectable sim citizens. (aka make sure they're fully in the green in all five character values before they reach young adulthood.

Anyone feel like trying it?

Comments

• Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    bumping
  • Options
    jayzaldijayzaldi Posts: 65 Member
    I think this sounds fun, I am going to try it. Am I allowed to share progression via this thread?
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    jayzaldi wrote: »
    I think this sounds fun, I am going to try it. Am I allowed to share progression via this thread?

I would love it if you did that. Planning to do the same with the family I'm currently trying it with :-)