Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BUNK BEDS!!!

13...Next

Comments

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I think bunk beds should have the risk of children sleeping at top, falling out, and breaking an arm. It could give more use to that hospital that sims never seem to visit.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • CuriousSimmerCuriousSimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="LeGardePourpre;c-15954576"]@Furkean

If they could avoid to add it, it would be better ;)

[/quote]

If you have two children or more sharing a room already with each having a single bed one monster will scare the pants off of both so that logic is flawed. I had three sharing a room one time since they were triplets and I wanted to keep them together and only one bed had a monster and all three of them were up waking the whole house and scaring the other 2 children only one child slept through it all so yeah single beds can scare more than one child if you have enough in a room. I'd rather have that space saving feature since I deal with at least 3 kids waking up to monsters per night and most of the time it's only one monster. When I'm really unlucky with a family of six kids only 2 sharing I got 5 monsters so I had six scared kids running around.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @Furkean

If they could avoid to add it, it would be better ;)

If you have two children or more sharing a room already with each having a single bed one monster will scare the pants off of both so that logic is flawed. I had three sharing a room one time since they were triplets and I wanted to keep them together and only one bed had a monster and all three of them were up waking the whole house and scaring the other 2 children only one child slept through it all so yeah single beds can scare more than one child if you have enough in a room. I'd rather have that space saving feature since I deal with at least 3 kids waking up to monsters per night and most of the time it's only one monster. When I'm really unlucky with a family of six kids only 2 sharing I got 5 monsters so I had six scared kids running around.
    I actually kind of like that. I mean in real life if one kid makes a noise, it does generally wake up other kids in the room. I know it would happen quite a bit when my sister and I shared a room. Plus there is always a feature not to have monsters scare the kids with the nightlight. I don't think it is fair if only one kid gets scared just because they are on one part of the bunk bed, so I hope that they apply it to the whole bed and have the nightlight work as needed to prevent it on that bed. Pretty easy if you want to confine the noises anyways with half walls and make it still appear like they are sharing a room.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    Yeah where are the bunk beds for all stages?
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Still waiting....

I wanna stack my sims horizontally.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • knitsybitsyknitsybitsy Posts: 78 Member
    I saw a cheat where someone used a build code to move a bed up into the air and against a wall. The animation was kind of awkward to use it, like your sim became super stretchy. Unrealistic but it works I guess.
  • SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    :( hmmm
  • hepe1977hepe1977 Posts: 34 Member
    Want them... bunk beds and other things for tiny living. I also want the house boats back.
  • GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    Bunk beds are a must for me. My sim always seems to end up living in a small house with twins and instead of having to stretch their money to build a bigger room. It’d be amazing to have bunk beds. As a change it’d be nice to see ones of differing value and the cheapest have the ability to break.

Say you have kids, the chance is less because they weigh less, but if you have teens then the chance goes up, especially if they’re a lil on the chubby side, and if you have adult sims sharing bunk beds then you’re wasting money by giving them the cheapest because it could break after the first couple sleeps.

It’d be funny to have different styles of break too. Like as the sim lays in it the thing gives in the middle, or whilst they’re out the whole thing crumbles and you get a close call moodlet, if you have energetic sims they could throw themselves on the bottom bunk and the force has the top coming down and sealing them in where they need to call for help, optional death for adult sims and teens, kids are small enough to wriggle out and get free but will need a day to recover.

Another style of break could be while sleeping, the sim is groggy and just looks around before realizing the beds broken, resulting in awkward movement to climb out and a bad back moodlet for two days.

Alternate designs are a must. Post options from wood to metal and such, also more interesting sheet patterns, cartoons for kids or teens, or nerdy adults, space ships, alien patterns, etc, spice it up.

Also I’d like the fold up bed to come back from sims 2 apartments. Helps with space and it can be turned into a dinner table for meal time, good if you’re short on space and a budget.

And...sofa beds, from sofa to bed and so on, along with the bunk bed and the bottom bunk can be converted.

And finally, sorry I keep remembering other options.

Bunk beds with desks or drawers underneath, ones we can use. If you have kids or teens they can make forts, adult sims too but they need the handy skill to make stronger builds, less chance of falling down during a spooky story time.

This thread by itself is great and it’s good to see the gurus have noticed and taken note of bunk beds as a whole, I hope we see them soon.
  • DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    It is a shame that bunk beds weren't included in Parenthood, it is but the most optimal game pack to have included it. Hopefully our continuous interests adds them soon! I am also liking the possibilities of our Sims falling.
  • meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
    LOFT BEDS
    Thanks for sharing that you'd like to see bunk beds added. Being that we already know that bunk beds won't be in this community stuff pack, I'm going to move this thread to the Ideas Corner section of the forums where it will be more relevant when considering future content.

@SimGuruGraham Me and others would also like to see Loft Beds which could recycle the animations from the bunk bed :)
    Also we should be able to place thing like desks and computers under the Loft Bed.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOGwExnDVQLpCj4zW1t4e-S29C-k02UakmDepQbd8wkYGBAu_W
    original.jpg
    prevue_extra.jpg
    535-670x377.jpg

Any links to where to find modded loft beds I have no luck finding any other than MTS
    SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
    ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
    MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Here are some bunk bed styles I would like to see:
    br_bed_8610090p~Creekside-Taffy-Twin-Twin-Step-Bunk-Bed-with-Desk.jpeg?$PDP_Primary_936x650$
    MOLY-NS-W-1600-OPEN.jpg
    20152_stora-loft-bed-frame-black_PE554889_S4.jpg
    master:WCM686.jpg
    farmhouse-bunk-beds.jpg
    perfect-bunk-beds-saving-space.jpg
    54c18c60da5f3_-_1-bunk-room-de-lgn.jpg

Bunkbed murphy beds would be cool too:
    Small-Spaces-Urban-Lollisoft-Murphy-Bunk-Beds-1.jpg
    1ccfb614edd07c50184f23e4e3bdd0c9--murphy-bunk-beds-loft-beds.jpg

This is cool too:
    8628b12ca5096e40e883c19b5259ff78--bed-couch-futon-bunk-bed.jpg

I WANT THEM ALL
    SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
    ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
    MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • hrowanspencerhrowanspencer Posts: 3 New Member
    This is an awesome idea!
  • VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    I personally would be grateful if they would include bunkbeds in all future base games! They SAVE so much SPACE!!
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
  • RockyRomRompantRockyRomRompant Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes please bunk beds, i find massive homes a little annoying to play in so bunk beds would be a real space saver.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I hope we will get bunk beds eventually!