Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WE *NEED* MORE WALKING STYLES

DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
edited June 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Like these ones for example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEoUhlesN9E
NNpYlHF.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    Eh, I don't think that's really needed. I feel the game could be using their time to improve in other areas or on other things instead of using their time to make more walking styles.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SimlishPopstarSimlishPopstar Posts: 204 Member
    I feel new stylish walks are more needed than playful ones. But cute things like in the video you left could be added, I like the idea of in general if a sim sat for a very long period of time maybe their leg could fall asleep?
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Meh, new traits and careers > walk styles any day. The walk styles are way too over the top imo, I never use them.
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    I love the walk styles! Yes we need more! I also love how they can change every once in a while based off our sims moods :)

• Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    That is a lot of walks. I like the time and cowboy one :*
  • Options
    SimlishPopstarSimlishPopstar Posts: 204 Member
    > @xitneverendss said:
    > Meh, new traits and careers > walk styles any day. The walk styles are way too over the top imo, I never use them.

I always use walk styles, well not a lot. I typically use default, flirty, swagger as they are the least over the top ones. I think we need more but not excessively, a lot of styles was wasted due to their exaggeration.

I certainly don't think they're bad however to be in the game itself as a feature.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    LOL. So funny, thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    My husband has a friend who says he has a "terminator" walk whenever he's determined or concentrating on something.
  • Options
    KishiNova12KishiNova12 Posts: 100 Member
    We need more animations in general
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I would love to have more walk styles. Anything that helps make each sim unique from each other. :)
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I think it would be cute to be able to choose some for kids like skipping, bad posture, confident, sassy, ext.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I absolutely concur. The only style I like for women is the Feminine one and for men, the Standard. Some of those walks like the OP showed could REALLY work for the Sims 4.

Cold and Hot could work for a Seasons pack, for example.
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Although, I don't think it's something we need to ask for or worry about since they'll likely be adding more throughout the time the Sims 4 continues to be updated and DLC is continuously created.
  • Options
    KishiNova12KishiNova12 Posts: 100 Member
    > @Jase said:
    > I would love to have more walk styles. Anything that helps make each sim unique from each other. :)

not by much though also i would rather not have my sim do chimpanzee walks unless there was actually something wrong with him like getting dazed after a fight.
  • Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Thank you for the video link. That guy is talented. It takes very good coordination to do all of those different types of walks/movement on a treadmill.

I liked his boxer/fighter style walk, the one where he steps with the ball of his foot first, and many others. The sneaking one was pretty funny.

I would love to see different postures & walks in the game. It would be nice for Sims to have a dancer's posture & grace with the hand movements as well as have some Sims who are a bit more clunky in their walks- maybe more jerky motions & not as smooth.

It's been postulated that pre 1500s, people used to walk differently, stepping with the ball of the foot first (due to the design of shoes in that time period) & I think that would be a cool walk to add. I wish I could remember all 100 walks so I could pick which ones I'd like added.
  • Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    the Dance Fight walk cracked me up because it is exactly like West Side Story! :D<3
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    no the ones that are in the game are perfect why went more in the end would just cause the game to slowdown
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    So many of the ones we have are unsuable because they're so cartoony. I'd like for them to be redone so that I can use them.

I love being able to pick walkstyle. I'd love to be able to pick seating style, too- maybe my girls would acutally cross their legs when wearing a mini skirt!
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited March 2019
    Re-opening this one... nothing happened here, sorry for the inconvenience if you found it closed, please carry on :)
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I definitely wouldn't mind seeing some more walk-styles added. Especially a few more feminine and masculine ones.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited March 2019

Several of these extra styles are already in Sims 4 but we don't get the choice of them. ie Jogging, taking the dog for a walk, Vlad looking for victims and toddlers etc.,
  • Options
    PapayaSkyPapayaSky Posts: 177 Member
    I so want this, an extra dose of individualization which our sims desperately need. It would be super cool to see random townies with normal, but different gaits from each other. Also, more dance styles please! I'm really irritated when my elderly/old school/snobby characters break it down like it's 1999.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    The only walk style I really desperately need is a cane for elders, and maybe a skipping animation for kids.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    I never use any of the other walkstyles because they're so over the top. I would actually love having more walkstyles that are a little more subtle, so I can have sims walk in a way that fits their personality and differentiates them from eachother but in a realistic way. Any new exagerated walkstyles are useless to me.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • Options
    NAPK1NSNAPK1NS Posts: 116 Member
    Ya boi needs a slither walk style