Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lighting problems (long sigh)

MarjiaMarjia Posts: 363 Member
edited April 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Yeh builders tend to whine a lot and I am guilty but this is ridiculous.
The bannister does not match the rails.. grrrr.... I tried everything from windows to lights, nothing will make it match.
It's like that corner cabinet in the kitchen same thing. grrrrrrrr plumb plumb grrrrrrrrrr

Post edited by Marjia on

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    No idea on how to fix it, but you have my sympathies and support. Have noticed the same thing and wonder if there is something about corners that cause the light to be reflected differently depending on which side of the corner an object is. It happens sometimes in Sims2, so is an old issue.
  • joseandchocolatejoseandchocolate Posts: 321 Member
    Is there an option to maybe recolor it? Would making it all black work? Or maybe it's your settings ingame, try making the lighting 10 or maybe even reducing it
    8d90c06c58195513b2df4fb82cf0ebb5.png
    Check out my YouTube Channel http://bit.ly/2ssq3Gk
    Follow me on Twitter http://bit.ly/2sYEob0
  • TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    edited June 2017
    This is why I've pretty much always enclose my stairs with walls instead of using railing. Matching this stuff is a nightmare and it makes my OCD go crazy.

It doesn't seem to be a lighting issue either. Even when I'm trying to build a deck and everything is under direct bright sunlight, stuff still doesn't match. If anyone has a better solution then I'd sure like to know.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • akwardbroom2828akwardbroom2828 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having somewhat of a similar issue, during the morning, afternoon, and evening, my game's lighting has the shading as if all my furniture in the house is outdoors (the shading in the house is like the shading outside so its like dark and lights don't work) I feel like I've done everything under the sun to try and fix the issue, I play on a laptop and I have seasons and I'm not sure if that effects it or not but, I just recently got Sims 4 after spending 2 years watching sims 4 YouTubers I finally got the game and this, unfortunately, is totally ruining the experience for me, please help it would be greatly appreciated!
  • MarjiaMarjia Posts: 363 Member
    Usually that means that there is a wall open or a hole in the ceiling.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I'm having somewhat of a similar issue, during the morning, afternoon, and evening, my game's lighting has the shading as if all my furniture in the house is outdoors (the shading in the house is like the shading outside so its like dark and lights don't work) I feel like I've done everything under the sun to try and fix the issue, I play on a laptop and I have seasons and I'm not sure if that effects it or not but, I just recently got Sims 4 after spending 2 years watching sims 4 YouTubers I finally got the game and this, unfortunately, is totally ruining the experience for me, please help it would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, I have this issue, some rooms would not light up, the stairs never look right and are always too dark. I found if I draw the house instead of using the blocks of rooms, I don't get the rooms where the lights don't work. But I still have the stair problem so I enclose them.