Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you use Clubs/Groups for?

Hey! So, I am going to be making a video on the use of groups/clubs in The Sims 4! But I would like to know, what do you use the clubs for? Let me know what you use clubs for so I can make sure I cover all basis for the clubs and how they are used in the Sims 4! I appreciate your input :)

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I generally create clubs for careers. For example, I'll put all the sims in the Tech Guru career into a club that gathers at a library to program/play games and use perk points to buy the necessary skill boosts.

I like to put all the children into a group that plays on playground equipment.

Finally, I'll set two rival clubs at the same hangout. This can be handy if sims need to be hated.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2017
    I made 2 Elite Clubs.

"The Real Housewives of Briarwood" (Briarwood is a fictional town in my imagination)
    They are 5 Young Intelligent Women, each married two the Richest men in town
    They women living in the later half of the 19/early 20th Century (Windenburg)
    It's just Luxury, Indulgence, Gossip and Drama.

Their Counterpart is titled "The Briarwood Elite" and they are the 5 founders of the City. The Leader is the richest, He is a Creative Visionary, second is a Business man, another one is in Politics, another owns multiple (restaurants) Taverns, Pubs, and a Vineyard, and finally the last one is a corrupt religious leader.
    together they build city, that will thrive in 50 years.

then Some are just Fun Groups

"The Illustrators" • Group of Artists
    Lead by: Leonardo Da Vinci

"The Authors" • Group of Writers
    Lead By: Shakespeare

"The Jokers" • Group of Comedians
    James Corden
    Loni Love
    Kevin Hart
    Amy Schummer
    Trevor Noah

Working on a group of Singers
    Beyoncé
    Sean Carter
    Usher
    Michael Jackson
    Ariana Grande
    Christina Aguilera
    Drake

"The Defenders" • a Group of Cop/Vigilantes

"The Hunters" 3x • a Group of Supernatural Hunters

and then A few Cliques

"Trinity" = My Squad Goals IRL
    lead by my simself Mason King
    and 2 of my best Friends.
    and they are a a Sorcerer, Werewolf and Huntress and we fight supernaturals, travel, hang out. (someday we will)

Thinking about making Sports clubs in the future.

I am creating a Brothel Club also.

I think I'm going to make a Bear and Cougars Club, An no they won't be wearing Bear Suits =3
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    I have only used the club system for my vampire coven. I just set it for all the Vampire activities. I can basically leave them alone. They do all the required stuff, and level up on their own. And they level up fairly quickly too.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    i mostly use them to populate community lots when I visit
    another use I frequent, is starting a gathering and enabling the emotional aura before the sim goes to work. keeps them in the right mood all day for quicker promotions.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    JunoSimsJunoSims Posts: 74 Member
    I'm a rotational player, so I like using clubs to get my sims in different households to meet and become friends.
    294i51u.jpg
  • Options
    mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    I have several generations and family members in my game. The club helps me have grandkids come to the grandparents house for the weekend. The divorced parent gets to spend time with their kids on weekends. The club system allows the friendship bar to stay full, even with the purge bug that eliminates relationship levels.

I keep the friendship relationship strong with clubs titled "girls night out" that consists of Siobhan Fyres and other ex-members of the Paragons that grew up and are still close, but nicer. Homework is done without any protest in a "Homework club" that will maintain grades. I had a hard time keeping the social worker at bay when the grades kept dropping when I wasn't pay attention.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    sometimes it feels easier to say what i don't use clubs for...

do a lot of things mentioned above. have some to give various lots distinct feels or populations. like a bar that is the popular criminal hangout, or another one that has both cops and crooks in it at once. several different bowling leagues, including things like 'out of this world', an alien-only one (started purely because some aliens got together on their own for this and i liked the atronaut symbol on the shirt they picked), groups of kids that hang out in the main parks and battle voidcritters, fitness/wellness buffs hanging out at spas and/or gyms, two competing vampire clubs that hang out at the same vampire bar underneath a graveyard and do not get along in the slightest...

also have profession clubs, so some of my played sims can get to know their coworkers. the criminals club mentioned above is also one of those. some of these are mainly so sims in the profession can do things for work like their daily allotment of mean/mischief/comedy or whatnot. there are also competing sets of politicians i lumped together.

and, there's the skill clubs, whether an arts collective, a bunch of writers, the group of underground hackers my oracle character leads, stuff of that sort.

and, do the extended family clubs, too. they are extremely helpful if you play even slightly generational things. i've actually got two of these clubs for the same extended family, with a few members overlapping to make sure they can show up at the same time. one is the main family i play, who are an alien mother and former astronaut father and their kids (one of whom is grown up). oh, and the mother's ghost-clone-sister (it's complicated). then, the other one is led by the daughter who moved out on her own and now has a family of her own to take care of. as mentioned by another person above, this is great for keeping family relationships up.

have similar things to the family clubs, too, but with different groups of friends. some of these are based on traits (haute couture is one based entirely around a diverse group of snobs including the premade sims nancy landgraab and diego lobo, so they can hang out, drink wine and critique everything and everyone. there's a similar club for bros). others are based on things such as childhood friendships or hobbies of interest (video games, bowling, djing, whatnot). some of these, of course, overlap with the 'giving a lot personality' thing.

then i have a few more...specialized clubs. i mentioned two competing vampire clubs earlier. they're only two of the vampire groups i've got, most of which are loosely based on things like white wolf's old v:tm factions. the alien bowling clubs (one for each gender, since i have so many aliens) could fall into this category, too. they only allow aliens, though the alien can be disguised or undisguised. i'm slowly working on a club called 'the haunting', too. ghosts only, though that's a lot harder to manage than aliens or vampires since you can't directly pick 'is a ghost' as one of the entry requirements

so...um... in conclusion, since i basically wrote an essay on this... the club system is actually quite robust and can be used in all sorts of ways to enhance the game, either from subtle (a group of kids always hanging out at a park to make it feel more alive) to quite dramatic (brawls constantly breaking out in a bar, or a group of kleptomaniacs randomly decide to see if they can steal everything not nailed down when nobody is looking) and is pretty much just limited by the imaginations of simmers themselves.

i'm actually saddened when i hear how little many people use the club system, just because of how well it could enhance just about anything.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Teaching little children to harass the elderly while wearing ridiculous hats.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Brody9962Brody9962 Posts: 272 Member
    Thank you guys so much for commenting. I loved hearing all the reasons you have used clubs, the video should be up Saturday and I'll be sure to link it, I did use some of your ideas as well as some of my own! (Homework help is def. in there!)
  • Options
    wakeuprosiwakeuprosi Posts: 41 Member
    Tbh I don't even use them anymore :P but the clubs were fun while it lasted, I used to do that Renegade falls in love with a Paragon kind of thing but that's a thing in the past :P
    B)
  • Options
    wakeuprosiwakeuprosi Posts: 41 Member
    I've been on these forums for 3 years and I've made 3 posts, 2 of them which are right here on this thread
    B)
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    I use clubs both for the actual purpose, which is, to make a club, where sims gather and do things related to the club's theme, and for other purposes.

I have a vampire club, where the vampires use their powers and drink plasma. I also have a charity club that gathers all the rich lady sims to the Casbah Gallery in San Mushyno. While I still have no idea how they could actually do charity in the club, the ladies having drinks and gossiping just fits the game I have.

For other purposes, I've had a "singles' night out" -club, where single sims went out and flirted. My aim was to get my sim to date another sim, so I just made the target sim member of the club and made my sim flirt mainly with her. The flirting worked much better than without the club, and now they're married.

Another thing with the clubs was, when I wanted three sims from different families I rotate between to go to the spa together and do spa activities. To make sure they all came and actually did spa activities, I created a ladies health club for them.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    > @JunoSims said:
    > I'm a rotational player, so I like using clubs to get my sims in different households to meet and become friends.

The same for me. So far, I haven't been using the club system quite creatively. I use it to befriend my sims with each other and to prevent them from losing sight of their friends.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited June 2017
    I create club to use townies. I have them to clean my house while my sims are having fun. Muahaha >:)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm too late for the vid thing (which I didn't know was a thing) I think, but I'll say my uses:
    I tried to make a hotel thing. There is a hotel mod (but it's broken), but I needed hotel staff. I discovered you couldn't have multiple club gatherings at once (I think) so it kinda backfired, but I had: a receptionist club (they had a formal uniform and had tasks to do on the computer and social tasks), a maintenance club (they had repair uniform and had job to fix anything that breaks in the hotel), and then a club that I could change the members of whenever for the hotel stayers. I was going to get all complex with club locks and such but it just wasn't working.

I also made a cleaner club for the hotel too.

I also have: a homework club (inspired by other members ideas), to make sure townies do their homework, but they always leave it at my house, so...

And: I will make a two person club with romance socials if I want them to make a relationship without me trying. I think I had one called 'I need a girlfriend' lol.

Also, I made a band club, where they had to play instruments and I'm pretty sure I almost maxed all the members instrument skills, even though not all of them were in my household.

Later I might think to form a club which is an all you can eat buffet for my vamps. (: Invite a load of humans and then just suck their plasma.

I had a skillbuilding club, for sims to build skills. I could start a workout club or swimming club.. I wish we could have swimming races, or races in general.

tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    HelenaWiktoriaHelenaWiktoria Posts: 148 Member
    I don't play with clubs much right now, but groups are very useful to me. Especially when I visit bigger lots with non-played Sims and I don't want them to spread out.
  • Options
    Brody9962Brody9962 Posts: 272 Member
    I'm too late for the vid thing (which I didn't know was a thing) I think, but I'll say my uses:
    I tried to make a hotel thing. There is a hotel mod (but it's broken), but I needed hotel staff. I discovered you couldn't have multiple club gatherings at once (I think) so it kinda backfired, but I had: a receptionist club (they had a formal uniform and had tasks to do on the computer and social tasks), a maintenance club (they had repair uniform and had job to fix anything that breaks in the hotel), and then a club that I could change the members of whenever for the hotel stayers. I was going to get all complex with club locks and such but it just wasn't working.

I also made a cleaner club for the hotel too.

I also have: a homework club (inspired by other members ideas), to make sure townies do their homework, but they always leave it at my house, so...

And: I will make a two person club with romance socials if I want them to make a relationship without me trying. I think I had one called 'I need a girlfriend' lol.

Also, I made a band club, where they had to play instruments and I'm pretty sure I almost maxed all the members instrument skills, even though not all of them were in my household.

Later I might think to form a club which is an all you can eat buffet for my vamps. (: Invite a load of humans and then just suck their plasma.

I had a skillbuilding club, for sims to build skills. I could start a workout club or swimming club.. I wish we could have swimming races, or races in general.

There may potentially be other videos in the future! Ya never know :) So you might be too late for that video, your still not to late to answer the question :)