Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dine Out - Customers won't stay seated!

Comments

• Options
    EdwardIIVEdwardIIV Posts: 4 New Member
    @Zeldaboy180 I wish it were like that. I'd be fine with putting my restaurant aside until they fix it, but for me it's happening in most restaurants and completely ruins a big aspect of the game. Hope they fix this soon.
  • Options
    jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    I have noticed after playing a little more that if you place booths, they stay in their seat a little better than chairs. They still get up and wander but I have been able to catch a few to recommend dishes. I don't think it's because of the fast eater perk, because I noticed it as soon as I started my diner, before I had any perks.
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
  • Options
    SmithLawrenceSmithLawrence Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes, this was also happened with me.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I was just about to come here! It is out of control! There are no customers staying seated at restaurants. I don't understand why this is such a big problem with the game since its inception. They really need to fix this because it ruins the whole point of a dining experience.
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    I don't have this issue when I first bought Dine out, my sims pretty much stay seated whenever they were in a restaurant until a recent patch ruined it all; I can't recall which update, its has been too many.

The Sims Game
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    I am glad that th people at EA are aware of all the issues and that they are working on it. To limit the damage I resorted to taking out of my restaurants everything that has an option to «contemplate» on it. Even the hand towels in the bathroom. Anything that is deco. Also all sofas so that sims dont choose to sit on those with their meal instead of sitting at their table. My restaurants are now very bland and they are still a mess, but less so.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I think it is the same when the Sims are at home they no longer sit togeather they all go off on their own seems to be a general problem when they eat even if they are at home or in a restaurant.
  • Options
    MaxNekoeMaxNekoe Posts: 12 New Member
    This happened to me too! It's getting really annoying tbh
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    I got Dine Out 2 days ago and I am having this issue. Is there a mod or something that can fix this? I can't get my Sim and her friends to stay seated! It is very annoying! :#:s
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yes, with the bug of Parenthood in restaurant my sims always stand up to wash the dishes in but there is not dishes.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    candy8 wrote: »
    I think it is the same when the Sims are at home they no longer sit togeather they all go off on their own seems to be a general problem when they eat even if they are at home or in a restaurant.

oh you are right - they sit to eat everywhere but the kitchen or dining room table
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited November 2017
    Goodywood wrote: »
    I got Dine Out 2 days ago and I am having this issue. Is there a mod or something that can fix this? I can't get my Sim and her friends to stay seated! It is very annoying! :#:s

Unfortunately, no. I came on here looking for one and haven't found one. I was hoping it would be fixed in today's patch, but no such luck. Tested it in game and still broken :( . It's a huge bummer because, as others have said, it ruins the Game Pack. The standing and wait staff constantly going to jog make it very difficult to run a restaurant. Here's to hoping they almost have it fixed and will be rolling it out soon.
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Hey everyone!

I found a mod that helps this issue a lot! It's the one called "restaurant sit tweak". I installed it last night and restaurants are now so much better.

http://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-rund-um-mahlzeiten/
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    Thank you so much @cameronw209 . I tried it and it works fine. If someone could make a mod forcing sims to stay seated I Wonder why EA has not already fixed the bug.
  • Options
    abenaki1972abenaki1972 Posts: 46 Member
    Yes, this thing is so annoying!
  • Options
    allieb028allieb028 Posts: 44 Member
    Yea the customers will just randomly walk somewhere else for a few minutes and then sit back down. Also in the pets expansion, I noticed that if you build a food place in the new town, the workers will randomly just walk away from their job. It gets frustrating because my chef would randomly change out of her work clothes and run off to the beach and then turn back around and then come back and cook, but not in her work clothes? Even my servers did that. Highly recommend to not build a food place in the new town to whomever reads this post.
  • Options
    doloresghazedoloresghaze Posts: 11 New Member
    This is happening to me a lot! Took a couple out to a date at a restaurant and her gf just couldn't sit down!! I mean, it happens at home and I envy those who can make whole families enjoy their meal together, cuz mine can't sit down for a while! It is so so so annoying.
  • Options
    elumaeelumae Posts: 171 Member
    edited February 2018
    This is happening to me a lot! Took a couple out to a date at a restaurant and her gf just couldn't sit down!! I mean, it happens at home and I envy those who can make whole families enjoy their meal together, cuz mine can't sit down for a while! It is so so so annoying.

When I take my sim family to a restaurant, I turn Autonomy off for everyone. That way they'll stay seated and eat. Won't work for anyone else in the restaurant, but at least I can get my family to sit down and eat their meal. :p

Edited to add: @cameronw209 - I just saw your post above. I will definitely check out that mod. Thank you for sharing the link!!
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    This is happening to the NPC sims in my game. I ended up having to take out all of the music from the restaurants just so they sit down again. It's really annoying.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    LionessofGdLionessofGd Posts: 1 New Member
    Having the same issue with Hogan's Diner even until now!
  • Options
    JPsimmerJPsimmer Posts: 109 Member
    edited June 2018
    Also having this issue. PLEASE fix this as it completely ruins Dine Out. Feels like a waste of money for purchasing the GP because Sim's don't dine out, they just constantly get up view artwork. It's a restaurant, not a museum. :/
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    i don't think it will ever be fixed have it in console to.

twice now paid for and sims still get up during a meal
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited June 2018
    Have you noticed that sims in sims 4 NEVER stay seated period??!! They are in constant motion at all times. They even override my queues sometimes to do other things. I want them to watch tv, they get up two seconds later,read a book, they close it almost immediately to do something else, eating...nope they grab the plate to get up and hug someone!!! They drive me NUTS. So yeah, dine out can't hold them down, movies can't, queues can't, they need a serious programming overhaul.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    This is truly a nightmare. I have a mod that tweaks it so they stay seated at least while you order, eat and such but when that meal is over they are up staring at painting and anything that is considered artwork. It is soooooo ridiculous. I have posted all about this staring at artwork because it even happens at the sim house. They will complete a task and then go stare at a painting.
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I have this problem too and it's driving me nuts. This happens not only on restaurants, but at home sometimes too! I find myself yelling at the screen for the sims to sit the *BLEEP* down!
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.