Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there an easier way to detect broken CC?

Hi guys,

I'm not sure how to explain this well. Basically, over the years I've accumulated a lot of CC. Some of it shows up in game with names on the icon so it's easy to find in my CC folder, should I need to delete it. I have a few pieces that show up in game and like, that part of my sims body disappears. I believe it means I'm missing a mesh (?). These don't have names on their icon and I'm wondering how to find them in my CC folder without deleting all CC and re-adding it.

Is there any easier way to do this? Might be a long shot but hey!

Comments

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited June 2017
    Sims4Studio is your best bet. After scanning your mods folder it will give you a big categorized list of your CC. When you select an item it will appear on a 3D model--not unlike in CAS. This way you can see exactly what each item is and delete it right from there.
  • dancingindiordancingindior Posts: 159 Member
    Brilliant! Thank you so much @So_Money
  • SimmerMoonSimmerMoon Posts: 204 Member
    I like the Sims 4 Tray Importer, myself. Put your bad cc on a sim and then save it to your library. Open the Tray Importer, and it'll have sims from your library in there. Select that sim and it'll list all of the cc used and where in your mods folder it's located. Click on it and it'll bring you right there.
    Just a little bean whose only aspiration in life is becoming a magical girl.
  • NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    SimmerMoon wrote: »
    I like the Sims 4 Tray Importer, myself. Put your bad cc on a sim and then save it to your library. Open the Tray Importer, and it'll have sims from your library in there. Select that sim and it'll list all of the cc used and where in your mods folder it's located. Click on it and it'll bring you right there.

I use this technique, and for me it works. I'm a bit lazy too :blush: and this way is easy enough.
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    I've got both systems and for me, TS4 Tray Importer works better.
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• RainingRosesRainingRoses Posts: 19 New Member
    There's also the sims 4 Mod Conflict Detector in mod the sims. It's really useful to find broken cc
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    I use the Sims 4 Tray Importer to spot bad CC as well. Definitely recommend.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    I got home and DL'd the Tray Importer, and WOW! Thank you so much. This is a game saver with CC. I am so happy!
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    I apologize to revive an old thread, but does anybody have a link to the tray importer? I don't want to go through a faulty site and download something probably virus infected...
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    The Tray Importer is awesome for this. Search for it online and DL it. It has made my SIM life much easier a to manage
  • Raven4SimsRaven4Sims Posts: 6 New Member
    Yes Tray importer is a life savior when you are crazy about cc and figure you finaly dont like this or this or that you miss a mesh or something
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Tray importer is amazing. Even though I don't use cc anymore and never will :)
  • KrisLewKrisLew Posts: 6 New Member
    Someone help me!
    Since downloading Sims 4 Pets, the game has gone crazy. My sims won't eat as soon as they create food, they put it on the floor, my sims won't stay in bed longer than a few seconds & they won't do certain interactions with pets.
    Someone said it might be due to my CC's & to download sims4studio, will this be the cause? How do i download it?
    Thank you
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    @KrisLew This thread explains the Sims 4 Studio batch fix and where to download, they have a version that comes with an installer that makes it super easy:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/929277/cc-beds#latest

• LynnziegoLynnziego Posts: 9 New Member
    > @SimmerMoon said:
    > I like the Sims 4 Tray Importer, myself. Put your bad cc on a sim and then save it to your library. Open the Tray Importer, and it'll have sims from your library in there. Select that sim and it'll list all of the cc used and where in your mods folder it's located. Click on it and it'll bring you right there.

Thank you so much for recommending this!
  • EchoTheNekoEchoTheNeko Posts: 1 New Member
    I hate to revive an old thread, again.. But... Any ideas on how I can find broken cc or mods that cause my game to never stop loading, when I don't have internet to my laptop?
    @EchoTheNeko You can do the 50/50 method Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.
  • EnjoemEnjoem Posts: 1 New Member
    For the life of me I can not find a WORKING download for the Sims 4 Tray Importer. I know its been almost a year since this thread has been active and I'm sorry, but these cc's that aren't working have got to go, lol. My sims are looking crazy out in the community/worlds/streets in my game. Any help I'd gratefully appreciate.
    edited May 2018
    Enjoem wrote: »
    For the life of me I can not find a WORKING download for the Sims 4 Tray Importer. I know its been almost a year since this thread has been active and I'm sorry, but these cc's that aren't working have got to go, lol. My sims are looking crazy out in the community/worlds/streets in my game. Any help I'd gratefully appreciate.

This version still works. Ignore the "cannot connect to server" error. The program itself works fine. I just downloaded and used it this morning. http://modthesims.info/d/561550
  • annemichellewannemichellew Posts: 2 New Member
    > @So_Money said:
    > Sims4Studio is your best bet. After scanning your mods folder it will give you a big categorized list of your CC. When you select an item it will appear on a 3D model--not unlike in CAS. This way you can see exactly what each item is and delete it right from there.

How do you scan your mods using S4Studio?
    > @So_Money said:
    > Sims4Studio is your best bet. After scanning your mods folder it will give you a big categorized list of your CC. When you select an item it will appear on a 3D model--not unlike in CAS. This way you can see exactly what each item is and delete it right from there.

How do you scan your mods using S4Studio?

On the main screen for Sims 4 Studio there should be a button that says My CC (or My Custom Content, I forget which) just press that and it will gather all of your CC for the program.
  • Ladydragon_83Ladydragon_83 Posts: 6 New Member
    but that only detects the bad cc..not the bad mods..
  • chicvibechicvibe Posts: 61 Member
    edited December 2019
    There really isn't an "easy" way of doing things, but you can help yourself by being super organized and aware to help you think about what might not be working.

1. What was happening in your game when you got the weird issue? If the User interface was weird, then anything that might affect that could be the culprit, like More columns or the UI mod (love!) from Weerbesu. Funky faces? Check your eyelash mods - if they broke by update or you accidentally batch fixed - get new ones! Beds don't work? Remove and start your game again.

2. READ the notes that creators include for known issues, conflicts and updates.

3. Read Patch notes by EA! They can be really helpful, and give you clues as to what might not be working.

4. Organize your mods! Separate them so you can easily find culprits - Tuning Mods, GamePlay Mods, CAS mods, - If you have brand new mods you downloaded, put them in a "quarantine" folder 'til you know they are good.

5. Make sure you always "BATCH FIX" older mods if you go on a spree. Batch fixing via Sims4Studio can go a long way to help you. You can also use better exceptions by Twisted Mexi.

6. Sims4studio and Sims Tray Importer are lifesavers!! LOVE those programs.

Sometimes a save can be corrupt, so it helps to start by testing a brand new game as well. Always clear your cache, and search to see if your favorite mods have been updated.
  • DryricefieldsDryricefields Posts: 5 New Member
    was looking into this thanks @So_Money