Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundry Pack Separate From Eco Pack Please?

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    As much as I like the OP's point of view on this. I'll have to agree with some others about not putting laundry in it's own Stuff Pack on the basis that there wouldn't be enough to flesh out an entire Stuff Pack for just laundry alone.

It is true that laundry isn't complex enough to warrant it's own stuff pack. Perhaps they could do something similar to what they did in TS3. In TS3 Town Life Stuff it introduced not only laundry, but also game us different variations of playground type items like slides, swings, Outdoor playsets (jungle gym) and more town like things. That pack was one of my favorites.

Actually it came in Ambitions ep.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    As much as I like the OP's point of view on this. I'll have to agree with some others about not putting laundry in it's own Stuff Pack on the basis that there wouldn't be enough to flesh out an entire Stuff Pack for just laundry alone.

It is true that laundry isn't complex enough to warrant it's own stuff pack. Perhaps they could do something similar to what they did in TS3. In TS3 Town Life Stuff it introduced not only laundry, but also game us different variations of playground type items like slides, swings, Outdoor playsets (jungle gym) and more town like things. That pack was one of my favorites.

Did it? Haha whoops
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Did it? Haha whoops

It did but they added new styles in town life stuff.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    The themes we voted on were chosen because they weren't going to make it into the game otherwise. We selected from the also-rans, basically. The description of the "Eco Living" theme from the original vote said: "Potential areas of focus include laundry, home technology, and solar energy." It is very doubtful that this theme would have won the vote if laundry was not listed in the description. It doesn't take a long time to look around the forums and see that laundry is something that a lot of people want (not me personally, but certainly others). We already know it will be part of the gameplay feature vote. If somehow, laundry does not get included due to that vote, then it should and almost certainly won't be it's own stuff pack. Again, we voted for a theme from the also-rans....that weren't going to make it into other packs they are developing and plan on developing. So if laundry can't even carry enough votes to get included in this pack, why on Earth would they spend time and money developing a stuff pack centered around laundry? It's either as popular as many people seem to think it is, in which case, it will be part of the features due to the vote...or it's not as popular as people thought and then doesn't make sense for EA to build a stuff pack around it.
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    The themes we voted on were chosen because they weren't going to make it into the game otherwise. We selected from the also-rans, basically. The description of the "Eco Living" theme from the original vote said: "Potential areas of focus include laundry, home technology, and solar energy." It is very doubtful that this theme would have won the vote if laundry was not listed in the description. It doesn't take a long time to look around the forums and see that laundry is something that a lot of people want (not me personally, but certainly others). We already know it will be part of the gameplay feature vote. If somehow, laundry does not get included due to that vote, then it should and almost certainly won't be it's own stuff pack. Again, we voted for a theme from the also-rans....that weren't going to make it into other packs they are developing and plan on developing. So if laundry can't even carry enough votes to get included in this pack, why on Earth would they spend time and money developing a stuff pack centered around laundry? It's either as popular as many people seem to think it is, in which case, it will be part of the features due to the vote...or it's not as popular as people thought and then doesn't make sense for EA to build a stuff pack around it.

could have sworn that what was said in the other thread about what happens to the other stuff not voted for is this: "All five options that you voted on were themes that the stuff pack team would be happy to create. Having some initial concept art in place for them has only inspired us further as to the possibilities they offer. With the result of the theme vote though, concept work on the four themes that didn't win has stopped. Thankfully none of the work that was already done will go to waste. We'll file these ideas and pieces of art away for the future. Some of them may get made into a Stuff Pack eventually, some could be incorporated into a Game or Expansion pack, and some may simply catch our eye as an object or piece of clothing we want to create someday. I can't specifically tell you what will become of them, because we ourselves don't know yet." So, it is still possible that they could add laundry into an expansion pack or something if it's popular but people dont vote for it because other things are more intriguing. I know I want laundry, but bee keeping, jam making, and solar energy sound like they would fit witht he theme WAY better than laundry does since it doesnt really seem all that eco friendly
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Um yes, hence why I voted it... My vote would have gone to wedding if laundry wasn't mentioned.

My vote would have gone to the starter pack if laundry wasn't mentioned. The only reason I voted for the echo pack was for laundry.
    @Izzabelle you are one cool customer to keep things civil. I applaud you!

It's sad that there are those that have to Force their opinions onto others by spamming, bolded all caps, or just plain telling people what to vote for. This isn't a dictatorship, like no, no one gets to tell someone else what to vote on. Rude!

To those wanting Laundry, that's cool . .but . .what if it doesn't win? What if the amount of people you think wants laundry just doesn't exist or something else on the list catches their eye more? You have to remember this isn't a forum vote . .this is a Global Vote. Which means the Gurus have a much better scope of who wants what more so than you do. And if it doesn't win, not only did you act inappropriately, but you put so much emphasis on laundry, are you going to be able to enjoy the pack? Is there nothing else on that extensive list that caught your eye?

If the Gurus even consider doing a community stuff pack again, I'll be very surprised.

EDIT: And no, I am not voting for laundry.

If it doesn't win, I'll be saving a lot of money. Because I will no longer buy the sim's game, stuff, and expansion packs.

I own every single pack that's been released including the parenting pack and I don't play families. I paid 80 for the base game and don't wait for sales to purchase the packs. If laundry doesn't make it in, I see no reason to support a game that is being made for everyone but me in mind.

The main draw the sims has for me is the building part because the game play hasn't given me a reason to want to play the game with my single sim.

In May I bought a building survival game that knocks the draw of the sims for me completely off. In fact Rising World's building part of the game hits a home run with loaded bases and brings everyone in, wining the game and heading for the championship to win that. And since it does that in the alpha stage with the building, the survival part when it's finished will be just as good.

I'm voting for laundry. If it wins, I'll continue to support the game, hoping the game play will draw me into wanting to play. And if it doesn't, I'll save a lot of money.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @JimG72 someone else has said that about these themes being things that wouldn't get made otherwise, do you have a link to that source because I've never seen it? :hushed:
    @JimG72 someone else has said that about these themes being things that wouldn't get made otherwise, do you have a link to that source because I've never seen it? :hushed:

Graham said it when he started the discussion on this whole thing. Were you not here from the beginning when he was just brainstorming the ideas. Also long before this even when we were having the Q & A with Guru's it was mentioned many times sps and the limits of an sps - the content in the sps was content not planned on by the gp and ep teams or even the team that does the free stuff that gets patched to base game. SPS are a way we get content or even just recolors sometimes because otherwise they would not be in our games. You want to search for all this info - I suggest you search - but it has been said a lot in the last almost 3 years since this game came out on here, even on twitter - lots of places. It's out there you want to "SEE" it for yourself. But frankly I make a point of going to all the Q & A's when they are happening, and going to all the sites the Guru's talk with us at, and read all their blogs and communication from them so I don't need things "PROVEN" to me over and over again. It is not our fault you did not see all these discussion over the last 3 years or read all the communications and blogs from the Guru's - and it is not like they just instantly remove any of this stuff - it's usually up a long time. So search for it. Is all I can suggest - but as I said it is not the only time the way sps work (or items are chosen for them) has came up over the course of the Sims 4 development.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

@Izzabelle you are one cool customer to keep things civil. I applaud you!

It's sad that there are those that have to Force their opinions onto others by spamming, bolded all caps, or just plain telling people what to vote for. This isn't a dictatorship, like no, no one gets to tell someone else what to vote on. Rude!

To those wanting Laundry, that's cool . .but . .what if it doesn't win? What if the amount of people you think wants laundry just doesn't exist or something else on the list catches their eye more? You have to remember this isn't a forum vote . .this is a Global Vote. Which means the Gurus have a much better scope of who wants what more so than you do. And if it doesn't win, not only did you act inappropriately, but you put so much emphasis on laundry, are you going to be able to enjoy the pack? Is there nothing else on that extensive list that caught your eye?

If the Gurus even consider doing a community stuff pack again, I'll be very surprised.

EDIT: And no, I am not voting for laundry.

If it doesn't win, I'll be saving a lot of money. Because I will no longer buy the sim's game, stuff, and expansion packs.

I own every single pack that's been released including the parenting pack and I don't play families. I paid 80 for the base game and don't wait for sales to purchase the packs. If laundry doesn't make it in, I see no reason to support a game that is being made for everyone but me in mind.

The main draw the sims has for me is the building part because the game play hasn't given me a reason to want to play the game with my single sim.

In May I bought a building survival game that knocks the draw of the sims for me completely off. In fact Rising World's building part of the game hits a home run with loaded bases and brings everyone in, wining the game and heading for the championship to win that. And since it does that in the alpha stage with the building, the survival part when it's finished will be just as good.

I'm voting for laundry. If it wins, I'll continue to support the game, hoping the game play will draw me into wanting to play. And if it doesn't, I'll save a lot of money.

MY 5 year old nephew sounds just like you - usually seconds before he falls on the floor having a tantrum thinking that also might get him his way. Just change the words Laundry to Santa's Village and it would be Scotty after we drove right past the sign. That's not a good, mature way to win an argument when you are just one person among millions that play this game. Did not serve Scotty well either seeing the other 7 people in the RV wanted to go to the Water Park. We went to the Water Park.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited June 2017
    So your 5 year old gets enough allowance to pay for a trip to Santa's Village. No wonder why he throws tantrums.

I'm not trying to win an argument. She asked what I would do and I told her what I would chose to do if laundry didn't win.

I'm not expecting laundry to win but I am expecting to save myself a lot of money. I know the devs don't care what I think or if I buy their game.
    I clearly stated my reason for buying the sims and my reaction to if laundry doesn't get in the pack. If people aren't mature enough to handle my post, that's on them.

ETA. I have not told anyone how to vote on this pack, used bold letters, or said they're voting wrong if they don't vote for laundry.
    @DragonAge_300905 :heart: Hoping for laundry too.
    Thanks @Simanite <3 It's sad how people who want laundry are being attacked for saying they want it.
  • IzzabelleIzzabelle Posts: 153 Member
    Thanks @Simanite <3 It's sad how people who want laundry are being attacked for saying they want it.
    Yeah! I'm sure no one disagreeing with laundry has been attacked without cause by laundry supporters. #Kappa
    If it doesn't win, I'll be saving a lot of money. Because I will no longer buy the sim's game, stuff, and expansion packs...

...I'm voting for laundry. If it wins, I'll continue to support the game, hoping the game play will draw me into wanting to play. And if it doesn't, I'll save a lot of money.
    Seems like a complete overreaction to simply not getting laundry in 'this pack'. If you felt this strongly about laundry -- so strongly that you'd sever ties with the franchise -- why did you support the franchise by buying anything Sims 4 related to begin with when it didn't have laundry?

Or are you actually without Sims 4 and taking a principled stand because of the absence of laundry currently?

Sincerely curious. Either you're ideally committed to your principles or you're making empty threats about withholding your business.

Perhaps you can answer where others have failed to do so; Why do you want laundry? What makes laundry compelling game-play? Why should we vote laundry instead of something else? Why do you think laundry is still befitting of this pack? What do you think laundry *has* to be released in this pack and no other? Open minds want to know!

ZU6MUcP.gif
    @DragonAge_300905 I was going to send this via a PM but we're all adults, no need to go sneaking behind closed doors! I would just say this: don't bother engaging with some people. They are the types of people who stalk every comment you make, demand to know why you want a feature, bring up and take out of context what you said, push you til you argue back then ignore your apology after they've made you feel as if you're in the wrong. We don't need to explain why we want laundry anymore than anyone who wants pets or seasons has to argue why they want those features. We chose this pack because laundry was mentioned and we're gonna vote for it, regardless of a negligible argument over a name. May the votes be in our favour! :tongue::heart:
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited June 2017

That would work. But wouldn't that be the same as what Eco Living is, a bunch of related stuff thrown together in one Stuff Pack?
    edited June 2017
    @DragonAge_300905 I was going to send this via a PM but we're all adults, no need to go sneaking behind closed doors! I would just say this: don't bother engaging with some people. They are the types of people who stalk every comment you make, demand to know why you want a feature, bring up and take out of context what you said, push you til you argue back then ignore your apology after they've made you feel as if you're in the wrong. We don't need to explain why we want laundry anymore than anyone who wants pets or seasons has to argue why they want those features. We chose this pack because laundry was mentioned and we're gonna vote for it, regardless of a negligible argument over a name. May the votes be in our favour! :tongue::heart:

LOL. I'm gonna stop you right there.

Firstly; as an "adult", it would be better to conduct personal matters, agendas, and vendettas in private. Not bring them out publicly as you're doing here.

Secondly, I am not "stalking" your comments. But I am watching the laundry discussions. Cause they're the subject in the public forum I want to discuss. And I am not "demanding" answers from you. I "asked" for your reasoning because I am genuinely curious about your opinion. As I stated in other parts of the forum; this is a place to discuss. I am discussing the pack in this forum and laundry in laundry threads. If you are participating in this forum and in laundry threads; we're going to cross paths, and I will attempt to discuss things with you. if you don't like it, you're welcome to ignore me or leave the forum; otherwise you're going to have to deal.

Thirdly, nothing you said was twisted or taken out of context. I left all my quotes of your posts intact so other members can view the toxic behavior you've brought to the discussions. And all the quotes link back to the original posts -- so unless you're editing your posts or deleting them; the context is provided.

Fourthly, I don't need an apology from you. I just need you to not be toxic on the forum to me or other posters. This is not helping your case.

Fifthly; you don't *have* to explain your reasoning at all to anyone, no one does. But if you don't -- you also can't be surprised, upset, or belligerent when people don't understand or agree with your position. And you do have to remain on some semblance of topic. I asked why they feel laundry needs to be in this pack and no other -- you are just personally attacking me by telling them not to engage in discussion with me. Your message would have been better as a PM.

Whatever your imagined slight is, I'm not out to get you and I'm pretty confident no one else is either -- this accusing like behavior is clearly as unhealthy as your obsession with laundry, as that is also causing you to be quite aggressive and toxic to other posters.

I don't know what else to say to you. Get help? Calm down? Take a break? I'd still like to engage in meaningful discussion with you -- if you'd be willing to act respectful and reasonable.

EDIT: @Simanite I mean. Stop and actually think about what you're doing right now. You are actively telling other users not to engage with another user because you don't like them or agree with their opinion. You are literally trying to deny my right to discuss with people on a public forum. Do no red flags go up in your head at all when you lash out like this?
    ZU6MUcP.gif
    Izzabelle wrote: »

LOL. I'm gonna stop you right there.

Firstly; as an "adult", it would be better to conduct personal matters, agendas, and vendettas in private. Not bring them out publicly as you're doing here.

Secondly, I am not "stalking" your comments. But I am watching the laundry discussions. Cause they're the subject in the public forum I want to discuss. And I am not "demanding" answers from you. I "asked" for your reasoning because I am genuinely curious about your opinion. As I stated in other parts of the forum; this is a place to discuss. I am discussing the pack in this forum and laundry in laundry threads. If you are participating in this forum and in laundry threads; we're going to cross paths, and I will attempt to discuss things with you. if you don't like it, you're welcome to ignore me or leave the forum; otherwise you're going to have to deal.

Thirdly, nothing you said was twisted or taken out of context. I left all my quotes of your posts intact so other members can view the toxic behavior you've brought to the discussions. And all the quotes link back to the original posts -- so unless you're editing your posts or deleting them; the context is provided.

Fourthly, I don't need an apology from you. I just need you to not be toxic on the forum to me or other posters. This is not helping your case.

Fifthly; you don't *have* to explain your reasoning at all to anyone, no one does. But if you don't -- you also can't be surprised, upset, or belligerent when people don't understand or agree with your position. And you do have to remain on some semblance of topic. I asked why they feel laundry needs to be in this pack and no other -- you are just personally attacking me by telling them not to engage in discussion with me. Your message would have been better as a PM.

Whatever your imagined slight is, I'm not out to get you and I'm pretty confident no one else is either -- this accusing like behavior is clearly as unhealthy as your obsession with laundry, as that is also causing you to be quite aggressive and toxic to other posters.

I don't know what else to say to you. Get help? Calm down? Take a break? I'd still like to engage in meaningful discussion with you -- if you'd be willing to act respectful and reasonable.

EDIT: @Simanite I mean. Stop and actually think about what you're doing right now. You are actively telling other users not to engage with another user because you don't like them or agree with their opinion. You are literally trying to deny my right to discuss with people on a public forum. Do no red flags go up in your head at all when you lash out like this?
    I do not know what this is all about. But I just want to say one thing and this is that we have a PM system for things like this. They have set up the PM so that if two members have an issue between them to discuss. They can do so via PM, and not drag that out here on the public domain. By dragging this out here, it's derailing this thread, and possibly setting up a flame bait situation here. And both are against the rules here. So if you both have more about this to discuss between you two. Please do so via PM, that's what it's there for.
    I do not know what this is all about. But I just want to say one thing and this is that we have a PM system for things like this. They have set up the PM so that if two members have an issue between them to discuss. They can do so via PM, and not drag that out here on the public domain. By dragging this out here, it's derailing this thread, and possibly setting up a flame bait situation here. And both are against the rules here. So if you both have more about this to discuss between you two. Please do so via PM, that's what it's there for.
    I understand your concern; but I'm actually still within the rules and guidelines (and I have no intention of derailing). if you would refer back to my post -- not only did I point out that this is what PM's are for, but I also explained I am still willing to discuss laundry with the user (in so many words). Specifically; why laundry needs to be in this pack and not another (subject of the thread). If Simanite wants to respond accordingly; that's great. If not -- well good luck to him in his quest I guess? Also still waiting on DA's response.

ZU6MUcP.gif
    I understand your concern; but I'm actually still within the rules and guidelines (and I have no intention of derailing). if you would refer back to my post -- not only did I point out that this is what PM's are for, but I also explained I am still willing to discuss laundry with the user (in so many words). Specifically; why laundry needs to be in this pack and not another (subject of the thread). If Simanite wants to respond accordingly; that's great. If not -- well good luck to him in his quest I guess? Also still waiting on DA's response.
    I hope that you both are still with in the rules and guideline because I'd hate to see ya both get punished for a little unintentional mistake on here. And I'm fully aware that you did say that that's what PM's are for. I only brought that up in my response to your post to back up what you had said about what PM's are for. Yes it would be great if Simanite were to respond accordingly.
    BOT: Laundry can either go into this Pack or it can't. It all has to do with how or in this case what the sims are washing their clothes in. Eco Living as you probably have already guessed it by now by the art style that won the vote for this. Has to do with living economically. In other words nothing to fancy and expensive. Hence the name Eco Living. ;)
    I hope that you both are still with in the rules and guideline because I'd hate to see ya both get punished for a little unintentional mistake on here. And I'm fully aware that you did say that that's what PM's are for. I only brought that up in my response to your post to back up what you had said about what PM's are for. Yes it would be great if Simanite were to respond accordingly.
    BOT: Laundry can either go into this Pack or it can't. It all has to do with how or in this case what the sims are washing their clothes in. Eco Living as you probably have already guessed it by now by the art style that won the vote for this. Has to do with living economically. In other words nothing to fancy and expensive. Hence the name Eco Living. ;)
    If it were a separate pack (laundry as the game-play object), what do you think the "theme" would be that would better fit laundry?

I was trying to think on it -- but unless it was like a "domestic" pack, I came up short.

ZU6MUcP.gif
    Yeah! I'm sure no one disagreeing with laundry has been attacked without cause by laundry supporters. #Kappa
    If it doesn't win, I'll be saving a lot of money. Because I will no longer buy the sim's game, stuff, and expansion packs...

...I'm voting for laundry. If it wins, I'll continue to support the game, hoping the game play will draw me into wanting to play. And if it doesn't, I'll save a lot of money.
    Seems like a complete overreaction to simply not getting laundry in 'this pack'. If you felt this strongly about laundry -- so strongly that you'd sever ties with the franchise -- why did you support the franchise by buying anything Sims 4 related to begin with when it didn't have laundry?

Or are you actually without Sims 4 and taking a principled stand because of the absence of laundry currently?

Sincerely curious. Either you're ideally committed to your principles or you're making empty threats about withholding your business.

Perhaps you can answer where others have failed to do so; Why do you want laundry? What makes laundry compelling game-play? Why should we vote laundry instead of something else? Why do you think laundry is still befitting of this pack? What do you think laundry *has* to be released in this pack and no other? Open minds want to know!

I have not attacked anybody and refuse to take blame for actions other than my own.

The way I see it, is you're the one trying to turn this into an argument and convince me to change my laundry vote.

Link to my gallery page to prove I have the game. Since you need proof.
    https://www.thesims.com/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=INDYANNA2&max=50&maxis=false

Why did/do I support the game?

Because it was the closest I could get to an building experience game that I liked. But like I said, last month I found and bought a game that has much better building features. If I want a spiral staircase in my house that I build from the ground up, I build it. I don't have to beg a dev to make one for the game. Builders have asked for building stuff from release like spiral stairs, ladders, etc., and been ignored. So yes, it's a matter of principle, keep ignoring part of your customer base and said customers will find what they're looking for elsewhere.

As to why I want laundry, it gives my single sim something to do, adds to my builds, being able to build a laundry room, will hopefully give both good and bad moodlets, dirty and clean ones.

Laundry has to be released in this pack because it has been said that it won't be made if not in this pack.
    @sunman502 I have nothing more to add on this discussion.
    @sunman502 I have nothing more to add on this discussion.
    It's good that you have nothing more to say about this. By saying that, you are saying that you are ending this little off topic debate. :)
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited June 2017
    DragonAge, Izzabelle is not blaming you. As someone who has also been watching the laundry threads and watching Simanite and Izzabelle engage with one another, Izzabelle has been nothing but courteous and wants to genuinely know others thoughts on Laundry (whether for or against). However, Simanite has been rather difficult and at times rude and disrespect (using all caps and bolding it).

I am not speaking for Izzabelle, merely mentioning what I have seen.

Thank you DragonAge for answering my post so courteously, I do appreciate it. If you feel you can no longer support TS4 if Laundry is no longer included, that is entirely up to yourself. Maybe it will make it in, maybe it won't. We won't know the outcome until later. Laundry is not my most favorite thing in the world, but some of the packs are not either, so I choose the ones I want. But that's my choice. Maybe they'll be able to squeeze in two gameplay options, in which case, hopefully it is a everyone wins scenario.