Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundry Pack Separate From Eco Pack Please?

Can we all just ask (beg/annoy) the devs to make us a laundry stuff pack after the Eco Living pack is finished?

I think laundry wouldn't be done well at all in an eco themed pack. Beside the fact that washers and dryers are not eco friendly at all and won't fit in this pack. If we had laundry in the Eco Living pack, it wouldn't be done to the level everyone wants. Laundry would be super limited. Everyone who really wants laundry would end up a little upset, maybe complain, and end up asking for more laundry stuff.

Wouldn't it be better for laundry to have it's own pack? That way, we could get various styles of washers and dryers. More items and animations for laundry related tasks. Maybe get a laundromat venue type.

In it's own pack, it'll be way more fleshed out.

The devs could do an amazing job with laundry if it had it's own pack.
banner_3.jpg?w=1200

Comments

• Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Please ask the devs to include washing machine + dryer / clothes line in a Free Patch as I'm not willing to spent $10 for a SP pack that consist laundry alone; if they do this, I reckon there won't be any complaints.

The Sims Game
  • Options
    MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    Majority of people that voted for Eco-living did it for the laundry, if somehow laundry wasn't included in it I think a LOT of people would be upset (it would be kind of entertaining and hilarious to see honestly =3).

But seriously it's laundry, how flesh out do you want it to be? It's not like there's 30 ways to wash/dry clothes.
    gCQKjq4.png
  • Options
    IzzabelleIzzabelle Posts: 153 Member
    MissCherie wrote: »
    But seriously it's laundry, how flesh out do you want it to be? It's not like there's 30 ways to wash/dry clothes.
    I feel like this is part of the problem when you compare laundry to other things released on the concept list. What can you even do with laundry that makes it fun and engaging game-play when compared to Canning/Jarring, Stained Glass/Glass Blowing, Bees/Beekeeping, or even expanding on Gardening?

I didn't mind laundry for the eco pack when I heard about it (I wasn't excited for it, but I wasn't against it either). But since that list came out, now I feel like development has become much larger than laundry. Many ideas from the list can easily be more fleshed out than washing/drying clothes, and many other ideas on the list can supplement existing systems to make them deeper or more engaging.

Laundry may have been the pitch and what a lot of people bought into, but I'm not convinced it's representative of what the pack has become now.

If the developers feel like (because of the initial pitch) laundry HAS to be with this pack, then I'd only be disappointed/reluctant to buy the pack if laundry was the only thing that made it into the pack.

I am hoping the devs take it upon themselves to maybe even delay the pack just a tiny bit so that more than just laundry could potentially be added. A consideration they've already shifted on in regards to the pack's clothing items (while not necessarily delaying development) when they offered more options not listed in the voting. I think it would be a more acceptable compromise.
    ZU6MUcP.gif
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    NO!

I voted for this theme simply because laundry was mentioned, and I DO NOT want to wait for it. Make an eco-friendly pack later on, but make this one laundry first. Otherwise people will feel cheated.

You aren't even making sense... NOTHING about this pack is eco-friendly except the name, and that's going to change. All of the CAS and Build/Buy items will work in a laundry pack just as well as an eco-friendly pack, and I'd argue that the build/buy items would work better for laundry with all the decor having stuff to do with clothes and ironing in. Laundry isn't going to suffer because if it wins it's going to be the only feature and will be very fleshed out. You're acting as if it has to share the pack with something else, and it doesn't - that's why we're voting.
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    But why would you buy a game where the only feature is laundry? It will be boring. I'd rather something fun wins, like bicycles or beekeeping or chickens. This was supposed to be an eco friendly pack, not a laundry pack.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    Um yes, hence why I voted it... My vote would have gone to wedding if laundry wasn't mentioned.
  • Options
    heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    I don't want the eco pack turned into a laundry pack. I want an eco pack. You can't say this pack isn't eco when we haven't even voted in the main part of the pack yet.

THIS IS NOT A LAUNDRY PACK!!!!!
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • Options
    I don't want the eco pack turned into a laundry pack. I want an eco pack. You can't say this pack isn't eco when we haven't even voted in the main part of the pack yet.

THIS IS NOT A LAUNDRY PACK!!!!!

IT IS A LAUNDRY PACK AS MUCH AS IT IS AN ECO PACK. WHAT GAMEPLAY WE VOTE FOR WILL DETERMINE WHAT THIS PACK IS. AND I WILL LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH WHEN MY PRECIOUS LAUNDRY WINS.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Can we all just ask (beg/annoy) the devs to make us a laundry stuff pack after the Eco Living pack is finished?

I think laundry wouldn't be done well at all in an eco themed pack. Beside the fact that washers and dryers are not eco friendly at all and won't fit in this pack. If we had laundry in the Eco Living pack, it wouldn't be done to the level everyone wants. Laundry would be super limited. Everyone who really wants laundry would end up a little upset, maybe complain, and end up asking for more laundry stuff.

Wouldn't it be better for laundry to have it's own pack? That way, we could get various styles of washers and dryers. More items and animations for laundry related tasks. Maybe get a laundromat venue type.

In it's own pack, it'll be way more fleshed out.

The devs could do an amazing job with laundry if it had it's own pack.

sorry but i have to disagree i went laundry to be in the eco living pack for me its a must have in game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2017
    They have already said laundry(didn't mention if it would be machine or other) would be a choice to choose from in the next vote, but that it wouldn't be included if it doesn't win. I'm sure at least half of the eco voteres picked it because of laundry and maybe the other half eco, but now that vote has been extended to include all the voters who didn't win their choice, which includes the dangerous stuff vote that almost beat eco then the pack could change according to the vote, which is fair.

Eco and country has nothing to do with laundry in my opinion unless it is clothes line & wash board or wringer washer. The country vibe should keep out modern and the eco part should keep out machines if the vote stays true to the Country Eco theme that won. Personally, anything cool is what I will vote for, which wouldn't include laundry unless it was the above mentioned. If the other choices weren't that great and we got the above, then I might would vote for that. But personally, I'm hoping for canning or something else that would bring fun gameplay into the game.

I would buy a laundry pack if I thought it was a good. In my opinion, it would have to include the above if it doesn't come with the eco pack. Also poor machines, really nice ones, and stackable ones. A variety of baskets/hampers/rolling hamper, detergent, and clutter for those who like it. Racks to put clothes on would be so neat if they could treat it like a dresser, but that would probably be too hard.

Either way, we will get laundry at some point. I can't wait to see what they are offering; I am really excited about what the choices could be. :)
  • Options
    IzzabelleIzzabelle Posts: 153 Member
    edited June 2017
    Simanite wrote: »
    AND I WILL LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH WHEN MY PRECIOUS LAUNDRY WINS.
    This is pretty unnecessary. There may be a lot of pressure for laundry, and it may very well win -- but that you would laugh at those who didn't want laundry if it did win... don't you think you're being a little inappropriate? Shameful that you would be so malicious about having your "precious laundry" win over anything else others may want. Your Empathy Character Value must be negative. For the sake of meaningful discussion, you could at least feign empathy and an open mind.
    IT IS A LAUNDRY PACK AS MUCH AS IT IS AN ECO PACK.
    I've seen your arguments around the forum now about why this pack is as much laundry oriented as anything else may be; because of the clutter objects and the initial pitch for the pack. But a clutter object does not a pack theme make, and the initial pitch was more concept than substance -- so much so that even Graham tweeted that laundry would need to win the game-play vote to be part of the pack:

The theme is eco, there are more plant clutter objects than laundry ones, there are more wood based objects than laundry based objects, and even the clothing has strong associations with fashion tied to eco-friendly lifestyles. That means it's more of an eco pack than it is a laundry pack by your own logic. The pack itself was even pitched with the idea of home technology and solar energy in addition to laundry as being potential areas of focus.

You may want laundry; but your want does not make this pack more laundry based than eco based. not even necessarily equally either.

Also, I have yet to see why you think this pack HAS to have laundry over any of the other features, why you think laundry is better for players/game-play than other features, or even why laundry shouldn't be saved for another (and potentially more fitting) pack. Maybe your insight will help convince myself and others of your point of view; but your blind mongering based on conceptual foundation "just because" doesn't help your case.

ZU6MUcP.gif
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    laundry must win june 23 it is a more important feature and is a must have in the game so june 23 make sure to vote laundry laundry must win and my vote that day will be going to laundry
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited June 2017
    @Izzabelle you are one cool customer to keep things civil. I applaud you!

It's sad that there are those that have to Force their opinions onto others by spamming, bolded all caps, or just plain telling people what to vote for. This isn't a dictatorship, like no, no one gets to tell someone else what to vote on. Rude!

To those wanting Laundry, that's cool . .but . .what if it doesn't win? What if the amount of people you think wants laundry just doesn't exist or something else on the list catches their eye more? You have to remember this isn't a forum vote . .this is a Global Vote. Which means the Gurus have a much better scope of who wants what more so than you do. And if it doesn't win, not only did you act inappropriately, but you put so much emphasis on laundry, are you going to be able to enjoy the pack? Is there nothing else on that extensive list that caught your eye?

If the Gurus even consider doing a community stuff pack again, I'll be very surprised.

EDIT: And no, I am not voting for laundry.
  • Options
    laundry must win june 23 it is a more important feature and is a must have in the game so june 23 make sure to vote laundry laundry must win and my vote that day will be going to laundry

Agreed.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I'd vote for anything over laundry. They could make a pack with just recolor of one shelf and so long as laundry was in it, people would buy it. I would much rather have something that adds interesting gameplay. Not stuff that no one likes doing in real life.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Most likely it will win the vote and end up in the pack. Could be there'll be some other eye-catching feature that draws people in, but... seems unlikely.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    Triplis wrote: »
    Most likely it will win the vote and end up in the pack. Could be there'll be some other eye-catching feature that draws people in, but... seems unlikely.

I think it seems unlikely that laundry will win now.
  • Options

Well it's likely that laundry voters are what carried Eco Living into victory to begin with. Just cause it's pretty much the one singular, unified concept amidst the themes that a lot of people want pretty badly and have wanted for some time.

So I'm figuring, unless some other concept can match up to it, it'll likely win. And right now, there's no reason to believe there's a different concept that has so many ardent supporters.

Of course this is just conjecture. I could turn out to be completely wrong.
  • Options

Well it's likely that laundry voters are what carried Eco Living into victory to begin with. Just cause it's pretty much the one singular, unified concept amidst the themes that a lot of people want pretty badly and have wanted for some time.

So I'm figuring, unless some other concept can match up to it, it'll likely win. And right now, there's no reason to believe there's a different concept that has so many ardent supporters.

Yes, well I thought that too because I only voted for this theme for laundry. But now the majority seems to have turned on laundry and say that they're going to pick something that fits the Eco friendly theme. I've only see a handful of people including myself still supporting laundry.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

Yes, well I thought that too because I only voted for this theme for laundry. But now the majority seems to have turned on laundry and say that they're going to pick something that fits the Eco friendly theme. I've only see a handful of people including myself still supporting laundry.
    Eh, I wouldn't take who's talking on the forums too seriously as a measure of it.

Most people following this project are probably tuning in when there's a vote (and maybe when there's a non-vote update) and then tuning back out.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    As much as I like the OP's point of view on this. I'll have to agree with some others about not putting laundry in it's own Stuff Pack on the basis that there wouldn't be enough to flesh out an entire Stuff Pack for just laundry alone.
  • Options
    heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    As much as I like the OP's point of view on this. I'll have to agree with some others about not putting laundry in it's own Stuff Pack on the basis that there wouldn't be enough to flesh out an entire Stuff Pack for just laundry alone.

It is true that laundry isn't complex enough to warrant it's own stuff pack. Perhaps they could do something similar to what they did in TS3. In TS3 Town Life Stuff it introduced not only laundry, but also game us different variations of playground type items like slides, swings, Outdoor playsets (jungle gym) and more town like things. That pack was one of my favorites.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited June 2017
    Honestly, I think doing laundry is as fun as washing dishes, don't know why from all the reality-increasing features we're stuck with that. We could have both reality and fun with some others.

But if laundry is what we get, hope they're keeping the undeniable eco style from all the stuff we got so far. Otherwise it shall be a Frankenstein pack.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode