Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feeling a tad upset =/

So, I started a new save with the new game pack. My main sims daughter aged up, and I moved her out and continued playing her (My main sim was level 10 in scientist and had another child).

Just now I went to visit my sims parents and her sister, only to find the house was empty. The parents had passed on and the sister apparently PURGED from the game. She isn't even in my friendship panel anymore. Had I known she would be purged, I would have made sure she was taken care of before the parents passed.

Part of me doesn't want to continue with the save, knowing part of my sims family is just straight up gone.

EA, can you PLEASE, in the case that the parents of a sims sister, brother, cousin, or what have you passes on, allow a prompt to come up giving us the option of adopting the child before they are purged out of existence?

Comments

• Options
    MemetasticMemetastic Posts: 16 New Member
    This happened to me WHILE I was playing with the parents! Both of the parents laughed to death and they had a child left in the household. I thought when they died I would get a prompt asking if I would like to move the kid into another played household (or at least their brother's household) but all I got was something along the lines of: "Both of the Matos parents have passed away! Don't worry, Samantha will be in good hands of child services." And got PURGED! I was so confused and mad. Imagine doing a legacy and the single parent or both parents died in some freak accident? The game is just going to purge all of the children in it? That needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Aikeiko wrote: »
    So, I started a new save with the new game pack. My main sims daughter aged up, and I moved her out and continued playing her (My main sim was level 10 in scientist and had another child).

Just now I went to visit my sims parents and her sister, only to find the house was empty. The parents had passed on and the sister apparently PURGED from the game. She isn't even in my friendship panel anymore. Had I known she would be purged, I would have made sure she was taken care of before the parents passed.

Part of me doesn't want to continue with the save, knowing part of my sims family is just straight up gone.

EA, can you PLEASE, in the case that the parents of a sims sister, brother, cousin, or what have you passes on, allow a prompt to come up giving us the option of adopting the child before they are purged out of existence?

I have to second this motion. Never happened to me, but it COULD. Plus just because a sim child has no Teens or older sims around them, no reason they should vanish.. Maybe the game could be set to auto age said child to Teen stage so they can continue to exist and exist in the situation of being alone. Just my thoughts...
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    Yeah, this is a terrible glitch due to the stupid Culling programming in this game. My rule would be that ANY played household cannot be purged until the player returns to it and decides what to do with the remaining Sims.
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member

This, please this! I think any played household, even actively being played households should give you a prompt to merge the child with another family, or if it happens to an inactive, yet played, family, ask if you'd like to adopt the child or place them in another household.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Oh no! That is so sad :(. This is such a perfect example of why the culling system in this game needs a serious overhaul. There should be some solution for played households at the very least.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    That is bad! I can understand why you are upset, I would be gutted. I hope someone at EA notices this thread and provides a fix.

Do you have a previous save you could revert to in the meantime?
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Can't kids who are taken by child services usually be found up for adoption?
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Can't kids who are taken by child services usually be found up for adoption?
    In TS2 yes, not in TS4.

My best advice would be to keep aging on for active household only, so the parents wont age up and die on their own. It's very sad how the game completely erases the children. Maybe you could edit your sim in CAS and recreate her sister by playing with genetics. I know it's not the same, but you could give her similar looks and they would be related.
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Oh no, how annoying! I'm so sorry. :(

I recommend downloading MCCC. It gives you control over all kinds of aspects of the game, and I believe purging is one of those aspects.
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    AikeikoAikeiko Posts: 158 Member
    I ended up starting a new save, I tried keeping the first but it just kind of annoyed me knowing the sister is gone in it, and this time I'm keeping a closer eye on the parents. I'll check out that mod, though I wish EA would fix it. I'll keep my fingers crossed they do =(.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

You have a bug, none of this should have happened. Do you have mods installed? Your played Sims should have been protected until you return to them, unless you see them die an emotional death out in public somewhere. The culling was fixed months ago.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I suggest having multiple SAVE AS versions of your games so you can simply load up an older one if something happens.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

You have a bug, none of this should have happened. Do you have mods installed? Your played Sims should have been protected until you return to them, unless you see them die an emotional death out in public somewhere. The culling was fixed months ago.

If aging is on for all households then the parents will die and the child will be taken away/deleted because a child can't live alone. It's not a culling issue really.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

If aging is on for all households then the parents will die and the child will be taken away/deleted because a child can't live alone. It's not a culling issue really.

I don't have that problem because I play with aging off except for townies. And or play with age current household only, sometimes. But I have yet stayed away from a household so long they died out, even when I first played with aging on. But culling the kid was fixed months ago.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    You could just go back into that save and hit the recover save option. It works like rolling back saves. I just had to do it in my game. Unless You hadnt saved at all yet. But if you had saved at least once before the parents died you can do this and go back to before they died.
  • Options
    Sonata13SingerSonata13Singer Posts: 183 Member
    Something similar happened to one of my sims families but I went to an autosave. I was also upset that the son( sim I moved out) had no idea that his parents had died even though that they showed up greyed out in his relationship panel. He was not upset or anything about it.
    3ZWheQM.gif
    Origin ID: Sonata13Singer

I also create music and art (search up Sona13Singer on google... but I haven't been uploading a lot recently)
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Woooo that is terrible. I play on a rotation, so the households only age if I am playing. That is just bananas. Sorry OP.