Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5

Comments

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'm starting to miss the color wheel as well. I made sims whose favorite colors were orange and purple/plum/lilac, and I realized that the game was sorely lacking clothing options for those.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    > @icmnfrsh said:
    > I'm starting to miss the color wheel as well. I made sims whose favorite colors were orange and purple/plum/lilac, and I realized that the game was sorely lacking clothing options for those.

:) I think it would be easy to implement the color wheel may be in and update or something. it would not be in a game pack. I do not think so.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    Sadly, I doubt the color wheel will be in TS4. They would have to update every single pre-existing item, hairstyle, and piece of clothing to support the feature, which is too much work. Which is why I hope they'll bring it back in Sims 5.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    > @icmnfrsh said:
    > Sadly, I doubt the color wheel will be in TS4. They would have to update every single pre-existing item, hairstyle, and piece of clothing to support the feature, which is too much work. Which is why I hope they'll bring it back in Sims 5.

If they can add those toddlers they can do anything. the game already can handle a color wheel if they like they will. this I do think is possible. they gave us lots already to do. so they believe we are good for now lol, just my words. :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    Well, I hope so. They were probably planning toddlers from the start and just lacked the time. Not sure if they can sneak in a color wheel, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if they do it.

• Options
    > @Txskd123 said:
    > Look at 4, just the way it was set up was terrible. I loved going all over town in 2 and 3, meeting and playing the familes. You sorta miss that in 4.

yes your right, I loved in TS3 how we could buy our kids a home to move in. you can buy as many homes you wanted and not have to move. That way when your child grows to an adult you can just let them move into one of the homes. so much more like a real family would do. In sims 4 how do they plan on us moving out our adult kids? it's just not a nice way really. I hope in Sims 5 we would be able to give them money and a home.
  • Options
    Txskd123Txskd123 Posts: 63 Member
    Also start out with a bit more money or give us more start up homes to start with

I also agree and easier way to create our own worlds.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    i had forgotten all about the color wheel. now that you mention it, i really do miss it. allowed you to make matching outfits of the same color/pattern. how many times have i wished for more color choices when looking for an outfit? lol
  • Options
    reanseihreanseih Posts: 265 Member
    I sorta don't want a 5 though... I mean. I miss all the diversities we had in 3, but. I'm broke. That's a fact and chasing after the newest and greatest just isn't gonna cut it. xD;;;;

What I would love to see for a Sims 5 would be big red letters saying "FREE" though that's not gonna happen lol.
    青天白日滿地紅 Blue Sky, White Sun, and a Wholly Red Earth
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    i love a lot of your ideas. sadly, i agree with simpkin that it probably just isn't realistic for a couple of reasons.

1. it would require really good computers with really good video cards. too expensive for most people and the game developers are going to want to make a product that a large percentage of people can run on their computer. what good does it do to develop a really awesome game if two thirds or more of the population can't run it on their computers?

2. i have no experience in programming, but i have to believe it would take quite awhile for a team of developers to create it. they obviously much prefer to put something out that's much simpler and faster to develop. the more complex something is, the harder it is (maybe even impossible) to make it compatible with everybody's computer system/video cards.

having said all that, i do think some of your great ideas are probably very doable. will be interesting to see what sims 5 has to offer us when it does come out though.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited June 2017
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    The idea of major and minor traits is also good. I always thought it would be great to give "magnitudes" to traits, so you can have sims who are just a tiny bit evil, or full-blown. It's more like a cross between the point system of 1 & 2 and the trait system of 3 & 4. Honestly, some traits have less of an effect on a sim's overall personality (like vegetarian), so it would be nice if they could take up fewer "slots".

So maybe trait points? Each lifestage has a different amount of points they can spend either upon aging up or at anytime during their lives. So you could have a scale like this:
    Evil--0--Good

No matter if you do evil 8 (going down) or good 8 (up), you would still have spent 8 points. Certain traits may not be able to do this. Once you have ten(?) trait points for a particular skill, that becomes an actual trait. Other traits like vegetarian could be habit traits. Habit traits would be eating habits (vegetarian, vegan, or non-vegetarian), and others like that.
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    I would like to see in Sims 5 also along with what you want. which would be great . But also to be able to add up to 5 friends say from your Facebook or any online friends that play the Sims 5 alone with you. how would you go about that?

Hmm, I wouldn't make the game multiplayer, that would come as an online spin off/add on
  • Options
    The idea of major and minor traits is also good. I always thought it would be great to give "magnitudes" to traits, so you can have sims who are just a tiny bit evil, or full-blown. It's more like a cross between the point system of 1 & 2 and the trait system of 3 & 4. Honestly, some traits have less of an effect on a sim's overall personality (like vegetarian), so it would be nice if they could take up fewer "slots".

So maybe trait points? Each lifestage has a different amount of points they can spend either upon aging up or at anytime during their lives. So you could have a scale like this:
    Evil--0--Good

No matter if you do evil 8 (going down) or good 8 (up), you would still have spent 8 points. Certain traits may not be able to do this. Once you have ten(?) trait points for a particular skill, that becomes an actual trait. Other traits like vegetarian could be habit traits. Habit traits would be eating habits (vegetarian, vegan, or non-vegetarian), and others like that.

This is my ideas for a game to release in the mid 2020's or early 2020's so lots of time could be spent on it.
    My view is if you buy a 2in1 or a $200-$300 laptop well, don't expect to play good games.
  • Options

Evil--0--Good

Hmm...I was thinking of something similar. Like each sim has a number of points (say 10), some traits offer levels (like level 1 to 3 evil), while other traits only cost 1 point (you're either a vegetarian or not). So you can have more than 5 traits, but lots of those have a smaller impact on your sim's personality. Or maybe you can have only 3 traits, but they each affect your sim's personality strongly.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    i love a lot of your ideas. sadly, i agree with simpkin that it probably just isn't realistic for a couple of reasons.

1. it would require really good computers with really good video cards. too expensive for most people and the game developers are going to want to make a product that a large percentage of people can run on their computer. what good does it do to develop a really awesome game if two thirds or more of the population can't run it on their computers?

2. i have no experience in programming, but i have to believe it would take quite awhile for a team of developers to create it. they obviously much prefer to put something out that's much simpler and faster to develop. the more complex something is, the harder it is (maybe even impossible) to make it compatible with everybody's computer system/video cards.

having said all that, i do think some of your great ideas are probably very doable. will be interesting to see what sims 5 has to offer us when it does come out though.

This is my idea, for it to release in the 2020's and I believe if people are going to buy not good computers they can't expect to play the sims any way, but here is my idea, have a version that is a little cheaper but has closed world, and buildings and careers are not active and are rabbit holes, there is also no seasons/weather except for in a free pack, Pets will be in it, but limited.
  • Options
    Well, I can not see Maxis going for cheap, they are on the high end of technology now and always have been. I think the price of computers have already dropped . and we would not need a super computer to run your ideas as a Sims 5. they can push it, hammer it, stand on it, whatever is needed if they want to make it they will. and I am sure it will fit and play on a mid-range price computer. you just need a good graphic card you can find them on mid-range price computers if you shop around. Just first look on Sims site what kind of graphic card is needed. Then a good connection and net service are needed.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Exactly, if PC can supports games like GTA, need for speed etc we can already support TS5, plus graphics on TS are not amazing.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited June 2017
    And for those don't follow technologie, so much for that.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    I would have better graphics then ever.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    You gotta make this game yourself cause there's no way anyone's ever going to make a game like that :smiley:
    "Ever" is a long time ;)

To let the sims graduately age is a huge problem with current technology. I agree in that. But even though it probably won't happen in TS5 I believe that it actually will happen some day. Maybe about 30 yrs from now :)
  • Options
    > @Jordan061102 said:
    > Exactly, if PC can supports games like GTA, need for speed etc we can already support TS5, plus graphics on TS are not amazing.

You tell them Jordan! Your so right Awesome
  • Options
    > @Erpe said:
    > Simpkin wrote: »
    >
    > You gotta make this game yourself cause there's no way anyone's ever going to make a game like that :smiley:
    >
    >
    >
    > "Ever" is a long time ;)
    >
    > To let the sims graduately age is a huge problem with current technology. I agree in that. But even though it probably won't happen in TS5 I believe that it actually will happen some day. Maybe about 30 yrs from now :)

Did not Link age in Zelda, slowly so it already happens, Did he not?
  • Options
    Stormsview wrote: »
    > @Erpe said:
    > Simpkin wrote: »
    >
    > You gotta make this game yourself cause there's no way anyone's ever going to make a game like that :smiley:
    >
    >
    >
    > "Ever" is a long time ;)
    >
    > To let the sims graduately age is a huge problem with current technology. I agree in that. But even though it probably won't happen in TS5 I believe that it actually will happen some day. Maybe about 30 yrs from now :)

Did not Link age in Zelda, slowly so it already happens, Did he not?
    I don't play Zelda. So I don't know how it works there.

But the problem isn't to let us watch a character grow if that character doesn't have any interactions with other characters or objects in different sizes because this surely can be done already. The problem is that all such interactions depends on heights. We would like the sims to kiss the air above the heads of lower sims and we wouldn't like the hand of a sim hit the wall above the phone on the wall or above (or below) the surface of a table or a stove. If heights of sims got an infinite number of options then it would be almost impossible to still have such interactions in the game - or the game would only be able to run on special built million dollars computers that none of us could afford. Therefore EA is extremely unlikely to attempt to make such a game until our computers have become a hundred or a thousand times stronger.
  • Options
    I'd like to imagine there are clever ways to handle varying heights. They were able to do multi-tasking after all, so maybe one day gradual aging can be tackled

• Options
    I'd like to imagine there are clever ways to handle varying heights. They were able to do multi-tasking after all, so maybe one day gradual aging can be tackled
    Agreed. There are several ways. But varying heights will still mean that the minimum requirements for the game have to be much higher unless a lot of other things in the game are simplified. But EA doesn't want high minimum requirements for Sims games because they are mainly targeted at the youngest teens and people who otherwise only play small casual games. Therefore I don't believe that EA will consider varying heights in Sims games for the next many years.