Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stairs make sims stuck in a t-pose

mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
I've had this bug in my game since the Vampires pack and I remember reading about it before on the forums, but couldn't find it now. It happens quite often in my game and it's starting to get annoying. It seems to begin with one sim getting stuck in one end of the stairs and then the bug spreading and other sims potentially getting stuck too. I usually resolve things by pressing M and traveling to another lot.

Here's one example of how things evolved. It's not about this lot in particular, it happens on all my lots with stairs, residential and community lots alike, wide and narrow stairs. Also there doesn't have to be a social gathering, could be just a regular day. So here the red haired guy got stuck.
TA6kMGx.png

The red haired guy is still stuck although in more relaxed position. Sofia Bjergsen got stuck as well.
VFtf9Vu.png

My sim walked downstairs with no problem, but while chatting to a bartender the interactions started to pile up and my only option was to escape the lot.
OmGKksX.png

I have no mods or cc and I have repaired my game at some point and the bug still kept occuring. Not sure if it's related, but sometimes I notice just one interaction in the queue that gets stuck and that I'm unable to remove. It will just linger there until I travel to another lot. When my sim was stuck in the bottom picture I was unable to remove the interactions.

Some additional pictures while I'm at it:
This is the restaurant where I first noticed the bug. A really bad case here, so many sims stuck. My sim is fine.
VJsGVCn.png

They're living at the Shrieking Llama. I could only see him when I peeked down at the top of the stairs.
Mq1aoVP.png

Another restaurant case, the waitress got stuck. Happens often in restaurants.
yC5vACp.png

Residential lot case.
7aPciah.png

Residential lot again.
5Dyqtlc.png
Post edited by musteni on

Comments