Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wish the Sims Medieval got another chance

12346...Next

Comments

• WritingAndSimmingWritingAndSimming Posts: 21 Member
    It would be awesome if we got another one. It'd be cool if it made story mode optional. I love the story mode, of course, but I prefer more control while playing, and it'd be awesome in a medieval-style game.
  • AeroFunk1021AeroFunk1021 Posts: 4 New Member
    I agree. I'd love to see another Sims Medieval. I keep coming back to this one because I do, ultimately, enjoy it. However; I can see the mistakes they made and why it wasn't well-received by a lot of players:

1. It gets boring fast. The quests are fun, but sometimes they drag, and there just isn't enough to do between objectives. You only have to worry about Energy and Hunger, so managing needs is simple, and the side content is just rabbit holes with a bunch of waiting.

2. Remember how it gets boring fast? The fact that most quests (especially early on) focus on just ONE hero... makes it drag, as well. The part I love about The Sims is how we manage an entire household and control multiple Sims. Playing just the monarch and nobody else (or other heroes) get's old pretty quickly. Even making your family controllable would have been more interesting, but you get married... and then your spouse just wanders the kingdom... is barely around... and just another annoying NPC you can kiss and woohoo with (IF you can find them).

3. Pointless questing. While some of the quests are fun, most are pretty bland and meaningless. Nothing you do really changes up the kingdom itself or carries any form of consequences. I mean... sure you add more buildings and heroes, but I would have loved to see the kingdom flourish or suffer based on decisions you made with your heroes. Overall... no matter what you do... everything stays the same. Even the Monarch who passes "new laws" and edicts... does... nothing. It's just another pointless time-consuming task.

4. Lack of customization. Yes, we can create our Sims and dress them, and we can purchase new furniture to decorate our buildings, but we can't control where they go, and we can't build walls, etc. Which, I understand why based on the level of detail each building has, but this is a Sims game... and true Sims fans want all of that. Creating buildings is what many enjoy the most, and Medieval didn't have that.

Even with all I said above, I still really enjoy the game and find myself coming back to play it. I love creating each of my heroes and don't mind the slower rabbit holes, etc. However, I can see why this game didn't do well. I think they made a game with a great idea, but pushed it out too fast and didn't really give fans what they love about The Sims franchise. If they were going to make Sims Medieval 2... they'd have to really consider changing how the game plays and redesign it from the ground up. It couldn't really be a sequel to Sims Medieval because it would just fail like the first one did. Nobody would play it. I'd love to see one, though. Won't happen LOL But I'd still love seeing it :smiley:
  • ButterWafflesARButterWafflesAR Posts: 113 Member
    I'm happy with the sims medieval we have, now, though it would be nice if they added more packs to it like they did with pirates. However, if they did make a second one, I would watching others play it, first, before trying it out myself. :3 The game is so fun. I was actually shocked to see how many people still played it.
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
  • CrayliciaCraylicia Posts: 12 New Member
    I do so too. Also with Sims 2 Castaway. I cannot for the life of me think up of a decent story for my sims, therefore I like watching lets players play them with their own stories. I really did like the story progressions in the previous Sims Generations,
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    I love the sims medieval. I still go back and play it every now and then. I love doing the quests.
  • RieferballRieferball Posts: 36 Member
    I just made a post over in the New Things for 2023 thread, saying I wish we could have Quests in Sims 4. Aspirations are so close! But there's no challenge, you just tick the boxes. The challenge in Sims Medieval was that you couldn't just ignore it, or you'd fail. You had to keep working on it and finish it quickly enough to get a Platinum score. And then the rewards tied in to overall Kingdom rewards. This is why Sims 4 has Challenges that people come up with outside of the framework of the game - because in the game, there aren't a lot. Which for me makes it less interesting.

Also I'm new here and found this place looking for Sims Medieval info. Glad to see there are still a few fans! I'm so glad we can install Sims Medieval from Origin and whatever the new EA thing is called, because I still have my DVDs but no DVD player, lol. :smile:
  • RieferballRieferball Posts: 36 Member
    And @Craylicia, I loved Sims 2 Castaway too. I still play it on my DS every few years. I'd love another to come out for the Switch or something.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    edited May 2023
    I would absolutely love a remastered version of TSM with a sandbox mode and allowing to control more live stages and getting full control of customizing the world BUT--I think an entirely new game with a TS3 open world style would be even better! The quests are fun, I actually played recently and I actually finished haha so i feel as though it can become repetitive. There is a sort of "sandbox mode" gameplay option after finishing to let you just kind of roam and live life as a character you played during quests, but its not the same as it actually having a sandbox mode.

I don't know if EA realizes the market that they could tap into if they made a Medieval Sims game in the sandbox style that the original Sims franchise makes. I have been wanting it for YEARS and I know that many others feel the same. They could go the route of letting you chose who you want to be
    • Citizen with a day job (blacksmith, merchant, seamstress, fisherman, doctor
    • add the occult aspect by being a witch/warlock that can have jobs either working for the monarch or selling their goods in their shop
    • actually work for the palace by being either a maid, knight, or work beside the monarchy and be their guide and aide in decision making
    • Or obviously actually be the royalty

And then the world could consist of several different villages that may cater to different needs or communities, like one for the palace, one area for common citizens, and then a forest area that houses mostly magical sims and possibly some animals.

This would be my DREAM game, the thought of it makes me so happy and it doesn't even exist :D
  • GuthraielGuthraiel Posts: 8 New Member
    is there any way to get the game atm?
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    Guthraiel wrote: »
    is there any way to get the game atm?

I just bought it on the EA App yesterday. Couldn't believe it was there and it's working trouble free on Windows 10. Bargain at £10 and that includes the Pirates add on.
    Really missed this game, haven't been able to play it in years as it had gone from my origin library.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    okay I was wrong, I didn't finish the entire game when i wrote that older post, I only finished one thing :D I didn't realize how many there were. I started playing again and am once again hooked haha.
  • FreddFreeloaderFreddFreeloader Posts: 1 New Member
    By purchasing and owning TSM, why wont EA let me install it on this pc instead of searching out the old harddrive and moving it to my current pc?