Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question for rotational players about Parenthood

When you rotate away from a family to work on another, do the character value meters for the first family's children change or are they frozen? I want to move to another family, but not if it means that my first family's kids will change without my direction.

Comments

• NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    That's something I'd like to know too. I only played with two households so far so I haven't checked back to see whether it changed or not.
  • sarahb5500sarahb5500 Posts: 26 New Member
    Not sure if I was away long enough to answer for sure but mine don't seem to change when I rotate out.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    Maybe @SimGuruNinja can let us know? I've been playing my nonrotational save so I haven't had a chance to see this in action either.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited June 2017
    sarahb5500 wrote: »
    Not sure if I was away long enough to answer for sure but mine don't seem to change when I rotate out.

Character values are frozen until you come back just like gaining normal skills. Mine stayed the same, too.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    I made a little test by sending one of my teens to visit his Aunt. His child cousin washed the dishes autonomously and didn't have a "Manners +" over her head. She currently has one bar in Manners. So yeah. Playing rotational doesn't affect Characters Values outside your current family :)
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Thank you! So onto my next family then :D
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Maybe @SimGuruNinja can let us know? I've been playing my nonrotational save so I haven't had a chance to see this in action either.

As @lunaoddity correctly stated above, we freeze the character values of your unplayed households until you return to them.

Thanks for the confirmation ! As a rotational player, that's perfect for me. :)
    Me too :) I can always cheat them up if I want to have "risen" (or "fallen") while I was away.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Thank you for the official confirmation!
  • starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member

As @lunaoddity correctly stated above, we freeze the character values of your unplayed households until you return to them.

This is perfect for my rotations! Exactly what I was hoping for.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    @luthienrising - How do you cheat the character values up and down? I play a massive rotational legacy file and this would be a huge help since there's no way I'll have time to build them all naturally in each family.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited June 2017
    Terra wrote: »
    @luthienrising - How do you cheat the character values up and down? I play a massive rotational legacy file and this would be a huge help since there's no way I'll have time to build them all naturally in each family.

I believe it was simsvip that linked to this cheat code page:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/parentcheats

Character Value Cheats

These cheats will let you set your sims character values, -100 for completely negative, and 100 for completely positive.
    0 is neutral.
    <value> should be a value between -100 and 100.

Character Values Command
    Empathy stats.set_stat lifeSkillStatistic_Empathy <value>
    Manners stats.set_stat lifeSkillStatistic_Manners <value>
    Responsibility stats.set_stat lifeSkillStatistic_Responsibility <value>
    Conflict Resolution stats.set_stat lifeSkillStatistic_ConflictResolution <value>
    Emotional Control stats.set_stat lifeSkillStatistic_EmotionalControl <value>
    @liliaeth Yep, that's where I got them! I did run through my rotational save with those and can add that if you want a Sim to be in the "will get the trait as a YA" level, they need 90%/-90% minimum. (It's an aging-off save but I do my aging-up in CAS occasionally not just in live mode so I also wrote down who those were, in case I need to cheat adult character values later.)