Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fun feedback

NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
edited June 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I really really want yall to set the fun call or advertisement to be the same on all items that can provide fun based on trait.

Having all your newest items take precedence over the current items is fine for once they have discovered and used it, but forcing the fun call on the new items to outweigh all needs isn't very cool. I get that you want our sims to try new items, but once they have tried it (possibly similar to admire new possession for fortune sims), their obsession should cease and be no more or less fun than the next item that could provide fun based on their traits.

I have sims basketballing themselves to near death, even knowledge or creative sims. I recall this occuring with horseshoe game too.

Please try to balance fun items based on traits and only obsessed up until they have done it once (unless their trait calls for that obsession).

Pretty please and thank you. o:)

edit: I am currently playing an asylum challenge where I can only control one sim, so I can only "watch" 7 other sims. However, I have mentioned this before with the Get Together pack when horseshoes was introduced. I see this each time any new fun item is introduced and I am not micro managing my sims.

Each new Xp/Gp I delete everything, repair, use no mods and start anew. (and I use no cc/mods) I do have sims saved in my gallery for me to reuse - but barring that I am seeing repeated instances of "ooohhh new shiny must use to death" without intervention.
Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
Origin ID NectereSim
Post edited by Nectere on

Comments

• NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited June 2017
    also, why cant knowledge sims with the Renaissance trait (aspiration) gain fun from literally every skill?
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    i don't really have the same experience. I have all the packs and fill my homes with the new objects but my sims still always go for the computer, the motion gaming mat, and the arcade machine, which as far as I know are all base game stuff. And it actually annoys me to bits that they don't try to do anything else.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Falynios wrote: »
    i don't really have the same experience. I have all the packs and fill my homes with the new objects but my sims still always go for the computer, the motion gaming mat, and the arcade machine, which as far as I know are all base game stuff. And it actually annoys me to bits that they don't try to do anything else.
    Are we presuming that we think our sims are even that smart? :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

hence my opening desire.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    > @Nectere said:
    > Falynios wrote: »
    >
    > i don't really have the same experience. I have all the packs and fill my homes with the new objects but my sims still always go for the computer, the motion gaming mat, and the arcade machine, which as far as I know are all base game stuff. And it actually annoys me to bits that they don't try to do anything else.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > hence my opening desire.

not really. your "opening desire" as I understood it calls for new items to be just as attractive to sim as older ones. My post was to say that I don't see any preference to newer items in the first place.
    > @Nectere said:
    >
    > i don't really have the same experience. I have all the packs and fill my homes with the new objects but my sims still always go for the computer, the motion gaming mat, and the arcade machine, which as far as I know are all base game stuff. And it actually annoys me to bits that they don't try to do anything else.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > hence my opening desire.

not really. your "opening desire" as I understood it calls for new items to be just as attractive to sim as older ones. My post was to say that I don't see any preference to newer items in the first place.

I would like to correct this assumption to revive the fact that what I want is for new items to only superseded via fun advertisement over old items on first use, as per "admire new posession" that fortune sims have.

If you do not see any difference with new items (pack/xp) then thats awesome, kudos to you.

PnvK7v6.png
    Origin ID NectereSim
    > @Nectere said:
    >
    >
    > If you do not see any difference with new items (pack/xp) then thats awesome, kudos to you.

Cute cartoon, but it shows that you clearly miss the point. Me stopping in here to say that I don't have the same issue isn't to say "It's not affecting me, so screw it", it's to say that I don't have that issue, maybe it's not an actual issue depending on whether other people actually have it or not. To which we will only know the answer to after more people give their feedback.

goodness.
    edited June 2017
    > @Nectere said:
    >
    >
    > If you do not see any difference with new items (pack/xp) then thats awesome, kudos to you.

Cute cartoon, but it shows that you clearly miss the point. Me stopping in here to say that I don't have the same issue isn't to say "It's not affecting me, so screw it", it's to say that I don't have that issue, maybe it's not an actual issue depending on whether other people actually have it or not. To which we will only know the answer to after more people give their feedback.

goodness.

Then why did you respond? Other than just to poo poo on my feedback? Thats the entire point OF the cartoon.

goodness.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    > @Nectere said:
    >
    > > @Nectere said:
    > > Falynios wrote: »
    > >
    > >
    > > If you do not see any difference with new items (pack/xp) then thats awesome, kudos to you.
    >
    > Cute cartoon, but it shows that you clearly miss the point. Me stopping in here to say that I don't have the same issue isn't to say "It's not affecting me, so screw it", it's to say that I don't have that issue, maybe it's not an actual issue depending on whether other people actually have it or not. To which we will only know the answer to after more people give their feedback.
    >
    > goodness.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Then why did you respond? Other than just to poo poo on my feedback? Thats the entire point OF the cartoon.
    >
    >
    > goodness.

No, I literally just told you why I responded. Sometimes there are actual bugs in the game and sometimes people have bugs in their own game. If people come in here to tell you that they don't have the same problem as you, maybe your game needs a repair or something

I'm just saying that in my game, sims dont prioritize newer pack items any more than base game stuff. I've never seen that.
    > @Nectere said:
    >
    > > @Nectere said:
    > > Falynios wrote: »
    > >
    > >
    > > If you do not see any difference with new items (pack/xp) then thats awesome, kudos to you.
    >
    > Cute cartoon, but it shows that you clearly miss the point. Me stopping in here to say that I don't have the same issue isn't to say "It's not affecting me, so screw it", it's to say that I don't have that issue, maybe it's not an actual issue depending on whether other people actually have it or not. To which we will only know the answer to after more people give their feedback.
    >
    > goodness.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Then why did you respond? Other than just to poo poo on my feedback? Thats the entire point OF the cartoon.
    >
    >
    > goodness.

No, I literally just told you why I responded. Sometimes there are actual bugs in the game and sometimes people have bugs in their own game. If people come in here to tell you that they don't have the same problem as you, maybe your game needs a repair or something

I'm just saying that in my game, sims dont prioritize newer pack items any more than base game stuff. I've never seen that.

ok.
    Origin ID NectereSim