Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

do you play with aging on or off?

2...Next

Comments

• B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    Always on.
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    Ageing on, or I get too easily stuck in a rut. It helps keep things fresh.
    iscQh5U.png
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I always play with aging on. I like to see them grow and have families that grow up and have kids of their own.. To grow old together and become grandparents.
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Only just migrated to playing with it on. I use the normal life span - I used to play with aging off, so long would seem more fitting, buuut.. When they say long...Boy, do they mean long! But I do turn aging off sometimes when my sim is a baby/toddler if I want to spend more time with them or build their skills better.

tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    I play with aging on, but I also play on Long, so I can have enough time. Also, when playing rotational, I play with aging on for active household only. That way, nobody ages up before I'm ready for them to do so. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Claret1011Claret1011 Posts: 297 Member
    I always play with ageing on for active family only and I play at normal. It feels about the right amount of time, but I really like to see the generation progress. For me that was the biggest thing missing in Sims 1. Sims 2 really revolutionised the game for me.
  • zombiesuezombiesue Posts: 148 Member
    > @Eukiri said:
    > I usually play with it off. I tend to play the game at a really leisurely pace and I don't end up wanting to put limitations/time constraints on myself... But long could probably work just as well for me personally.

^^ pretty much this. When I want them to get older, I will make them older myelf lol
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Off. I handle it manually.
  • ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    Ageing on, on long lifespan, for all sims. It gives me plenty enough time to accomplish what I want. I am on my 7th generation and my family has currently 43 members :) It's nice to see my sims taking over the whole town haha.
    I play both and when I have ageing on it is always normal life span. I keep track of how many days my girls have if they are having babies because pregnancy stops the ageing process for some weird reason only the coders could explain.
    I can, I hope. Elders cannot be pregnant, so if an adult female is nearing the elder stage and becomes pregnant, she cannot age until the baby is born. It would mess up game codes I think.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Unplayed households (townies): aging on.

Played households: only active household ages, the others don't age.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I play with it off
    The only sim I play is a vampire so it doesn't matter for him, but I'm too attached to the townies I've edited and don't want them to die and get replaced
    As for the ones I don't care about, I always end up deleting them every few days so no point letting them age
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • LillyPutian0LillyPutian0 Posts: 103 Member
    I prefer aging off, but it isn't perfect. It's fine for the family I play because I'll work on goals in my own time frame before aging them up, but it becomes a problem with peers and neighbors. I can rotate through certain families, but I don't want to play all of them and I want the Sims I don't play to age up, not the ones whose life span and whose goals I care about.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Both for me I guess. Aging is on for active household AND the rest of the town EXCEPT for played households. Played households that I'm not currently playing are paused while I play other households in the rotation. I have also played with aging on for everyone, but almost never with aging off. The passage of time is important to me in my game.
  • dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    On and on long
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    edited June 2017
    Adria22 wrote: »
    I play with aging on at normal lifespan. I prefer sense of progressing with my sim families.
    But I often chose to make one sim (a founder) immortal either with potion or as a vampire now. So I have that one sim who I am very attached to and doesnt feel like a waste of time to teaching him/her things and then I have a progressing family with a few generations of sims.

I changed it to normal just now. Long just seems too darn long. I don't like playing with toddlers for that long :D And I also prefer the sense of progression @Adria22
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    I always play with ageing on with a normal or short lifespan. Sims bore me after a while I guess :/

Well, I love my families, but I also want them to have an aging schedule. I really don't like the idea of choosing when they age up on my own. I changed my sims back to aging normally, instead of "long" @Wenniepennie
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I use normal setting for mine but I extended YA and Adult by about 10 days each with MCCC. Long is way too long for me but I wanted a little more time than just normal.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Off - all the time - because my sims would die before I got to play an entire life with them - I have 2 part time jobs and a house to manage
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    Depends, if I have say, a set of identical triplets who just became YA's I'll turn it off so that all of their children will be the same age. But other than that, I play with aging on.
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~