Fresh off the press - the May 11 Laundry List! Click here to find out more!
April 30 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

What Other Games Do You Play?

1789101113...Next

Comments

  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,186 Member
    Just got finished playing the limited time demo for the village in Resident Evil Village/RE8. It looks amazing on PS4 though I'm planning on getting it for PC.

    Other than that I just got into a new Capcom game, Monster Hunter: World + Iceborne. So far, so good, I like this game. Oh and is that Sherry Birkin's voice I hear? :D

    20210417183839-1.jpg

    20210417191730-1.jpg

    20210417192620-1.jpg
    "Most of the world did not treat him any differently; few knew the name of Drizzt Do'Urden. But Drizzt knew now that he owed no apologies, or excuses, for his black skin, and to those who placed unfair judgment upon him, he offered none."
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 228 Member
    Stardew Valley, Wordscapes.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 20,034 Member
    Animal Crossing New Horizons, Planet Zoo, Red Dead Redemption 2, Farming Simulator.
    Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen. 😊
  • TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,558 Member
    Toon Blast
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 17,968 Member
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    Just got finished playing the limited time demo for the village in Resident Evil Village/RE8. It looks amazing on PS4 though I'm planning on getting it for PC.

    Other than that I just got into a new Capcom game, Monster Hunter: World + Iceborne. So far, so good, I like this game. Oh and is that Sherry Birkin's voice I hear? :D

    20210417183839-1.jpg

    20210417191730-1.jpg

    20210417192620-1.jpg
    Monster Hunter World is a beautiful game. I loved Monster Hunter for it's beauty, and the fact that no part of that game isn't moving. With the exception of the rocks and sand or bone.
  • SomeoneYouUsedToKnowSomeoneYouUsedToKnow Posts: 36 Member
    I like to play Assassins Creed, Gta and Theme Hospital, got to love a bit of old school gaming :)
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,186 Member
    I am planning on playing through all of these Resident Evil titles: RE0 (Currently playing), RE, RE2, RE4, RE:Revelations, RE5, RE: Revelations 2, RE6, RE7 and RE8 (Currently playing about 3 hours in. I am so impressed by the gameplay and story thus far besides the graphics, etc.)
    20210427210034-1.jpg

    20210507214837-1.jpg


    =======


    Also I loved playing Judgment and found out today there will be a sequel. :mrgreen:

    I have not yet got into the Yazuka series but I hope to soon. There seems to be a lot of love for that series and Judgment being my first game from Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio...I can understand why. I even loved the dating simulator which I feel is more in-depth than Cyberpunk 2077 romances. I don't know, I expected more from CP2077 in that area but whatever. Just saying it felt kind of shallow after a certain point.
    Yagami is so handsome. :love:
    Yagami-Detective-Agency-2.jpg

    "Most of the world did not treat him any differently; few knew the name of Drizzt Do'Urden. But Drizzt knew now that he owed no apologies, or excuses, for his black skin, and to those who placed unfair judgment upon him, he offered none."
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 525 Member
    Right now, I’m in the middle of a Nuzlocke challenge in Pokémon LeafGreen. It’s not a strict Nuzlocke (I’ve modified a few rules to make things easier), but I might try a harder one next time. I have all the badges, so I’m currently training my team for the Elite Four.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 17,968 Member
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    I am planning on playing through all of these Resident Evil titles: RE0 (Currently playing), RE, RE2, RE4, RE:Revelations, RE5, RE: Revelations 2, RE6, RE7 and RE8 (Currently playing about 3 hours in. I am so impressed by the gameplay and story thus far besides the graphics, etc.)
    20210427210034-1.jpg

    20210507214837-1.jpg


    =======


    Also I loved playing Judgment and found out today there will be a sequel. :mrgreen:

    I have not yet got into the Yazuka series but I hope to soon. There seems to be a lot of love for that series and Judgment being my first game from Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio...I can understand why. I even loved the dating simulator which I feel is more in-depth than Cyberpunk 2077 romances. I don't know, I expected more from CP2077 in that area but whatever. Just saying it felt kind of shallow after a certain point.
    Yagami is so handsome. :love:
    Yagami-Detective-Agency-2.jpg

    I'm not sure what iteration that RE: Village is in the RE line-up. But the RE: Village is to drop soon if it's not already out. I saw a demo of Resident Evil: Village being played live on the Twitch Gaming Show yesterday. It looked really awesome, and still has that classic creepy Resident Evil vibe to it. And the classic Resident Evil gameplay is still there. Spoiler: The one thing that I saw in the demo that I didn't like was the fact that Elena one of the characters in the story appears to have fallen into some flames and died in a house fire. I think that Capcom should have least had Ethan the character that you play as in Resident Evil: Village help Elena escape the burning fire.
  • tinyplumbobtinyplumbob Posts: 58 Member
    Kinda addicted to "Cozy Grove" at the moment. :smiley: also any RPG maker horror games like ib, the witch's house etc.
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,186 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what iteration that RE: Village is in the RE line-up. But the RE: Village is to drop soon if it's not already out. I saw a demo of Resident Evil: Village being played live on the Twitch Gaming Show yesterday. It looked really awesome, and still has that classic creepy Resident Evil vibe to it. And the classic Resident Evil gameplay is still there. Spoiler: The one thing that I saw in the demo that I didn't like was the fact that Elena one of the characters in the story appears to have fallen into some flames and died in a house fire. I think that Capcom should have least had Ethan the character that you play as in Resident Evil: Village help Elena escape the burning fire.

    Clever with the VIII in the title Village which is the roman numerical for 8...also known as RE8.

    In all Resident Evil games, there are seldom any survivors besides the main character(s). Though sometimes even a character you play dies too. Hopefully that is not the case with Ethan Winters because I really like him. And I also find it interesting that there may be a correlation between a document found in RE5 and someone listed as Ethan W. (deceased) who was a level 9 Umbrella researcher.

    https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Ethan_W.

    Maybe it's not Ethan Winters and despite the deceased status he could have some how escaped and they believed him to be dead though why use the same name? Or maybe he did actually die and would explain this odd ability of him putting his limbs back together again both in 7 and 8 because him being a ex researcher with high clearance knew the effects it would have on him if he injected himself with the virus.

    No other RE main character has ever reattached limbs and gain full functionality as if nothing ever happened that I recall, so that is indeed very curious to me. But there is clearly something that Mia isn't telling Ethan...it's like he's forgotten something about his own past. And Mia, who possibly worked for a rival company of Umbrella may have been the person he leaked information to. Interesting theory but I'll just play the game to the end to find the answers to the questions I have, lol.
    "Most of the world did not treat him any differently; few knew the name of Drizzt Do'Urden. But Drizzt knew now that he owed no apologies, or excuses, for his black skin, and to those who placed unfair judgment upon him, he offered none."
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 19,132 Member
    I've been playing a bit of this, but I stopped since I'm going to wait until the official release to do an official playthrough.

    qwANEjv.jpg
    You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

    Origin ID: BadArkane


    E5MlSQp.gif
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 4,632 Member
    I'm playing Life is Strange.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 17,968 Member
    edited May 10
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what iteration that RE: Village is in the RE line-up. But the RE: Village is to drop soon if it's not already out. I saw a demo of Resident Evil: Village being played live on the Twitch Gaming Show yesterday. It looked really awesome, and still has that classic creepy Resident Evil vibe to it. And the classic Resident Evil gameplay is still there. Spoiler: The one thing that I saw in the demo that I didn't like was the fact that Elena one of the characters in the story appears to have fallen into some flames and died in a house fire. I think that Capcom should have least had Ethan the character that you play as in Resident Evil: Village help Elena escape the burning fire.

    Clever with the VIII in the title Village which is the roman numerical for 8...also known as RE8.

    In all Resident Evil games, there are seldom any survivors besides the main character(s). Though sometimes even a character you play dies too. Hopefully that is not the case with Ethan Winters because I really like him. And I also find it interesting that there may be a correlation between a document found in RE5 and someone listed as Ethan W. (deceased) who was a level 9 Umbrella researcher.

    https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Ethan_W.

    Maybe it's not Ethan Winters and despite the deceased status he could have some how escaped and they believed him to be dead though why use the same name? Or maybe he did actually die and would explain this odd ability of him putting his limbs back together again both in 7 and 8 because him being a ex researcher with high clearance knew the effects it would have on him if he injected himself with the virus.

    No other RE main character has ever reattached limbs and gain full functionality as if nothing ever happened that I recall, so that is indeed very curious to me. But there is clearly something that Mia isn't telling Ethan...it's like he's forgotten something about his own past. And Mia, who possibly worked for a rival company of Umbrella may have been the person he leaked information to. Interesting theory but I'll just play the game to the end to find the answers to the questions I have, lol.
    So Village is RE8, I didn't know that since I haven't been keeping count with RE these days.
    One of my nephews tells me that it wasn't Elena who fell into the flames in a house fire that was shown in the demo for RE: Village. But Miranda disguised as Elena who fell into the flames while trying to escape the burning house with Ethan. I'm also told that Clare Redfield's bother Chris Redfield also makes an appearance in Village.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 3,428 Member
    MLB Tap Sports Baseball 2021, Brittanic: Patroness of the Mediterranean, BitLife
    mFQCO3m.png?1
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,186 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    So Village is RE8, I didn't know that since I haven't been keeping count with RE these days.
    One of my nephews tells me that it wasn't Elena who fell into the flames in a house fire that was shown in the demo for RE: Village. But Miranda disguised as Elena who fell into the flames while trying to escape the burning house with Ethan. I'm also told that Clare Redfield's bother Chris Redfield also makes an appearance in Village.

    After playing through the whole game I am confused even though it was explained. Not sure what to make of it and will watch let's plays to hear the opinions of others. So it took me this long to finish because I usually take my time and do a lot of backtracking:
    RE8-Completion-Time.png

    Ah, yes, Chris Redfield...interesting.
    Chris-Redfield-Loading-Screen.png

    Gameplay is fun albeit scary, boss battles were amazing, enemies are quite varied as I can tell Capcom listened to feedback from RE7 that being one of the major complaints for some. The music and soundtrack is scary as usual and well done. Many including myself just love the nods to RE4 among other RE titles. Ethan Winters is so much better in terms of reacting compared to RE7 and was another complaint greatly improved upon for RE8. Graphics are better than RE7 which showcases Capcom improving on the RE Engine which is great. The story and the characters are really fascinating. Great game overall.
    "Most of the world did not treat him any differently; few knew the name of Drizzt Do'Urden. But Drizzt knew now that he owed no apologies, or excuses, for his black skin, and to those who placed unfair judgment upon him, he offered none."
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 17,968 Member
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    So Village is RE8, I didn't know that since I haven't been keeping count with RE these days.
    One of my nephews tells me that it wasn't Elena who fell into the flames in a house fire that was shown in the demo for RE: Village. But Miranda disguised as Elena who fell into the flames while trying to escape the burning house with Ethan. I'm also told that Clare Redfield's bother Chris Redfield also makes an appearance in Village.

    After playing through the whole game I am confused even though it was explained. Not sure what to make of it and will watch let's plays to hear the opinions of others. So it took me this long to finish because I usually take my time and do a lot of backtracking:
    RE8-Completion-Time.png

    Ah, yes, Chris Redfield...interesting.
    Chris-Redfield-Loading-Screen.png

    Gameplay is fun albeit scary, boss battles were amazing, enemies are quite varied as I can tell Capcom listened to feedback from RE7 that being one of the major complaints for some. The music and soundtrack is scary as usual and well done. Many including myself just love the nods to RE4 among other RE titles. Ethan Winters is so much better in terms of reacting compared to RE7 and was another complaint greatly improved upon for RE8. Graphics are better than RE7 which showcases Capcom improving on the RE Engine which is great. The story and the characters are really fascinating. Great game overall.
    Scary gameplay/backdrop and soundtrack. A wide variety of enemies unexpectedly popping out of no where and epic boss battles. And deadly traps to escape from, plus puzzles to solve. Classic RE, and it's good that Capcom is moving back to that RE style game that sold the first two RE games in the first place. I had stopped playing RE because I had felt like that Capcom was moving away from that classic RE style of game. I think that it was RE5 that was the last RE game that I had played. And I never even finished that game. I had stopped because it felt like it wasn't the same RE game to me anymore.
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited May 12
    Yeah, RE4 was the game that reinvented RE because I read the developers said they were bored with the same old formula. It makes sense though, it would be extremely difficult to continue to work on something if you no longer have the enthusiasm for it that would clearly show had they listened to the fans.

    Despite that, for some reason, the majority seem to praise RE4 as the best or one of the best RE games to date. In fact, I had not been into RE for many years prior to RE4 and that game got me back into RE. Well, then I was young and way too scared to play but got older and brave, lol. Went back to the older titles and started getting the new titles day one. I was so excited for RE5 and RE6 and I do think both are great games but not RE in terms of too much action and little survival horror. Neither games I found scary but great co-op games. I read RE5 was inspired by Black Hawk Down.

    Now there was a lot of feedback about the direction of RE so the developers decided to reinvent RE again with RE7. The first main RE title to be first-person perspective and to go back, as you say, to the classic formula of that survival horror genre that RE8 continued to follow. I always felt tense and stressed in RE7 which is how I remember the earlier games making me feel and still does as I replay them.

    As much praise RE7 got for returning back to its roots, some do not accept that game or RE8 as a true RE title. They do not like first-person perspective and some even want to go back to the fixed camera angles. How about no. Playing the older titles is fun but also very frustrating. Also, some complain because zombies is what makes a RE, RE apparently. Well for me it's always been about the tampering with human and/or animal biology through a virus, parasite or whatever to create a powerful and useful B.O.W. Whether that is to create the perfect super soldier or bring forth human evolution. So clearly, the enemies would evolve into more than just zombies such as lickers, crimson heads, hunter's, tyrants and so on as the older games were already constantly introducing new experiments and the motive behind it. Or so that is what I took from my first RE game, RE2.

    On a different note, I tried playing RE8 on Hardcore and um...I just keep dying. Apparently, I am not the only one having trouble getting pass the first part. I'll try again later but it is total chaos and it's not even the Village of Shadows difficulty. I don't know if I'm that good of a gamer.
    "Most of the world did not treat him any differently; few knew the name of Drizzt Do'Urden. But Drizzt knew now that he owed no apologies, or excuses, for his black skin, and to those who placed unfair judgment upon him, he offered none."
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top